Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

I see maintenance is still in progress.. expected to last until 2 pm est time us for eu servers

• Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (that spot is JUST the perfect spot for them to lay, and they HAVE to get to it before you do).

I can be standing in my bedroom doorway, looking at my computer chair, and merely let the intention form in my head to take three steps to the chair and sit down, and my male cat can be on the other side of the house, and he'll come charging through, and as I am in the act of sitting, he'll land in the chair, under me. He's lucky I haven't sat on him yet.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Katheriah
      Katheriah
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      majulook wrote: »
      PCNA has 40 minutes to go.

What are the odds its going into extended maintenance?

Yes.
      Options
    • JemadarofCaerSalis
      JemadarofCaerSalis
      ✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      (that spot is JUST the perfect spot for them to lay, and they HAVE to get to it before you do).

I can be standing in my bedroom doorway, looking at my computer chair, and merely let the intention form in my head to take three steps to the chair and sit down, and my male cat can be on the other side of the house, and he'll come charging through, and as I am in the act of sitting, he'll land in the chair, under me. He's lucky I haven't sat on him yet.

I HAVE sat on cats... they still don't get out of the way when they see I am sitting down (except one. I had a pillow on my lap, put it on the couch, got up, went to get some tea, came back, sat down on the pillow, and the pillow protested. She never got beneath a pillow again.)
      Options
    • LouisaB75
      LouisaB75
      ✭✭✭✭
      Mine definitely know about the vets. I even tried calling it the V E T and they still know where they are

Very lucky kitty. Mine do that and unfortunately have been sat on at least twice each. They don't seem to learn. But I have been saying for years that I have two of the daftest cats in the country.
      Options
    • KlauthWarthog
      KlauthWarthog
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      LouisaB75 wrote: »
      there's these cats i have i could spend time with too i guess...

That is a slippery slope. I find giving my cats attention during what is normally computer time means needy cats wanting attention 24/7. They have no concept of gaming time and don't understand that they can't lay on the keyboard whenever they want. Give them an inch and they take a mile. Which soon leads to needless deaths on dungeon runs because the cat got in the way, sat on my hand, pawed at my face, or did something else to demand that extra attention.

I see you are familiar with my personal Hell...

162em9H.jpg

I "fixed" this here by placing a cardboard box on the side of the screen.
      On indefinite hiatus since U41.
      Options
    • Rishikesa108
      Rishikesa108
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ZOS had ensured that their notorious lack of dialogue with players would decrease and that they would find ways to increase information. Instead, now we find ourselves with almost 12 hours of maintenance and we don't even know why. We are forced to make useless guesses and cross our fingers...
      Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
      Options
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Mine definitely know about the vets. I even tried calling it the V E T and they still know where they are

Very lucky kitty. Mine do that and unfortunately have been sat on at least twice each. They don't seem to learn. But I have been saying for years that I have two of the daftest cats in the country.

I *have* come close with him. Thankfully, he hits the back half of the seat which leaves me room to sit on the edge if I'm already fully committed to the sit.
      I'm in my 50s and have had cats around me my entire life, so I've become wise to their ways, and I've gotten used to the fact that he gets triggered whenever he hears the floor squeak outside my bedroom door. Plus, he's a big boy and not silent as he makes his charge, so I hear him coming. I keep hoping "maybe not this time...," but he always comes running if he's not already in my room.
        PC/NA Warden Main
        Options
      • rotten333
        rotten333
        ✭✭
        So last minute bidding for the trader is not going to happen
        Options
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        rotten333 wrote: »

Oy, I didn't think of that. So what happens with the traders?
          PC/NA Warden Main
          Options
        • sarahthes
          sarahthes
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          rotten333 wrote: »

Oy, I didn't think of that. So what happens with the traders?

Given the announcement was a few days ago - bids should have been placed yesterday.
          Options
        • YetAnotherLinuxUser
          YetAnotherLinuxUser
          ✭✭✭✭
          so it's 5 minutes past scheduled time... should we panic now? esp since no banner is updated?
          Options
        • YetAnotherLinuxUser
          YetAnotherLinuxUser
          ✭✭✭✭
          i'm tired though from my earlier panicking and need a nap now though...
          Options
        • LouisaB75
          LouisaB75
          ✭✭✭✭

I *have* come close with him. Thankfully, he hits the back half of the seat which leaves me room to sit on the edge if I'm already fully committed to the sit.
          I'm in my 50s and have had cats around me my entire life, so I've become wise to their ways, and I've gotten used to the fact that he gets triggered whenever he hears the floor squeak outside my bedroom door. Plus, he's a big boy and not silent as he makes his charge, so I hear him coming. I keep hoping "maybe not this time...," but he always comes running if he's not already in my room.

My heavier cat, the "little heffalump" as I call her, is the one I am most likely to sit on as despite being very heavy she is lightning fast in getting into my seat. She has a habit of doing it when I have my hands full with a tray of food ... mine, not hers. The other one is more likely to be clambering over me and getting in the way. They each have their quirks and habits.

Unfortunately one of their more annoying habits is they like waking me at 3am or other silly times so they are shut out of my room over night. Much to their disgust and blatant trickery and sneakiness in trying to get in there and find a place to hide.

Options
        • majulook
          majulook
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          LOL

They just had a survey about the what the users thought think about this forum and still they do not communicate.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum
          Options
        • YetAnotherLinuxUser
          YetAnotherLinuxUser
          ✭✭✭✭
          majulook wrote: »
          LOL

They just had a survey about the what the users thought think about this forum and still they do not communicate.

well i wont be using twitter or X or whatever it's called so it's here or nowhere... i didnt do the survey but i think it would be better if ZOS didnt run the forums so people could actually speak their minds a bit more. But that's just my 2 cents...
          Options
        • Rishikesa108
          Rishikesa108
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          They haven't put the EXTENDED on yet.... what are they waiting ? Either they put EXTENDED or they have to give us the game back
          Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
          Options
        • Grizzbeorn
          Grizzbeorn
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭
          so it's 5 minutes past scheduled time... should we panic now? esp since no banner is updated?

They're always late in updating it.
            PC/NA Warden Main
            Options
          • zaria
            zaria
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            there's these cats i have i could spend time with too i guess...

That is a slippery slope. I find giving my cats attention during what is normally computer time means needy cats wanting attention 24/7. They have no concept of gaming time and don't understand that they can't lay on the keyboard whenever they want. Give them an inch and they take a mile. Which soon leads to needless deaths on dungeon runs because the cat got in the way, sat on my hand, pawed at my face, or did something else to demand that extra attention.

I see you are familiar with my personal Hell...
            162em9H.jpg
            Remember then playing WOW I had an cat. She would get bored during long raiding sessions and starting walking on keyboard. This was an bit unfortunately as I was an healer.
            Had to ensure guild that bonus raid boss was not in room.

Cats are stupid Alfiq kittens.
            WvY8Rne.jpg
            Please esscue him he is young and just like his father.

Edited by zaria on October 17, 2023 6:21PM
            Grinding just make you go in circles.
            Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
            Options
          • I_killed_Vivec
            I_killed_Vivec
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭

Going up through the panic gears now... was idling at a mild fret until about half an hour ago, so I've got a fair bit left in the tank.

Exasperation levels are also increasing.... probably write the evening off in a couple of hours :(
            Options
          • Shagreth
            Shagreth
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            This is horrible.
            Options
          • Melissa1414
            Melissa1414
            ✭✭
            WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG???????
            Options
          • Hyporis
            Hyporis
            ✭✭
            I would start to get in panic now, its already 15 min over time.
            Options
          • Grizzbeorn
            Grizzbeorn
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭

My heavier cat, the "little heffalump" as I call her, is the one I am most likely to sit on as despite being very heavy she is lightning fast in getting into my seat. She has a habit of doing it when I have my hands full with a tray of food ... mine, not hers. The other one is more likely to be clambering over me and getting in the way. They each have their quirks and habits.

Unfortunately one of their more annoying habits is they like waking me at 3am or other silly times so they are shut out of my room over night. Much to their disgust and blatant trickery and sneakiness in trying to get in there and find a place to hide.

Mine wake me up at 2am every morning. It's what they got used to when I got up that early for work.
            And I can't shut them out. They'll tear up the carpet trying to get under the door.
            Besides, the bed is half (to 3/4) theirs at night, and I'd miss them if they weren't there.
              PC/NA Warden Main
              Options
            • LouisaB75
              LouisaB75
              ✭✭✭✭
              I logged on at just after 6am this morning to do my dailies since I was up early anyway and was anticipating this sort of nonsense this evening. But still annoying and boring to wait. Just wish they would communicate as to what is happening.
              Options
            • AnonomissX
              AnonomissX
              ✭✭✭✭
              :#:#:#
              That is all.
              Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
              Options
            • nwilliams2107b16_ESO
              nwilliams2107b16_ESO
              ✭✭✭✭
              Oh well, no ESO today then, bloody night shifts!
              New world looking more tempting every single day
              Options
            • zaria
              zaria
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              But we are now overtime so time to panic I guess
              fv00045.gif
              http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff100/fv00045.htm
              Grinding just make you go in circles.
              Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
              Options
            • Rishikesa108
              Rishikesa108
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              I think that this behavior on the part of ZOS is a very serious disrespect towards the players. They don't write until what time the maintenance is extended, nor do they give the game back, nor do they write why they had to do such a long maintenance
              Options
            • LouisaB75
              LouisaB75
              ✭✭✭✭
              All this talk of cats reminded me that I saw a congregation of cats in the game the other day. One appeared to be holding court and all the other strays in the area (with some delightful names I can't remember now) were wandering up to listen. Now it is going to bug me as to where I saw them. And unfortunately while the maintenance is going on I can't go retrace my steps to figure it out.
              Options
            • JemadarofCaerSalis
              JemadarofCaerSalis
              ✭✭✭
              I logged on at just after 6am this morning to do my dailies since I was up early anyway and was anticipating this sort of nonsense this evening. But still annoying and boring to wait. Just wish they would communicate as to what is happening.

Sadly, due to computer trouble, I have had to reinstall ESO, and unfortunately it didn't download fast enough and hit maintenance, so I am waiting until maintenance is over so I can hopefully get it installed and see if it will work and hopefully get my daily freebie.
              Options