Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• Moosey
    Moosey
    ahonma_ESO wrote: »
    Someone want to explain why you're supposed to wait X seconds before plugging Y back in?
    Because the hamster in the wheel needs a rest
    rodent%20pc%20power%20wheel.jpg

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
  • Zyhlaari
    Zyhlaari
    Soul Shriven
    Someone want to explain why you're supposed to wait X seconds before plugging Y back in?

It's usually to let the retained charge drain so it actually gets to the no power state, I believe

• Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    Anytime now we should get a eta on a eta maybe?Or the pasted message, its 8:27 lol
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
  • Vaultese
    Vaultese
    Vaultese wrote: »
    Of course, to fit into the situation appropriately I'm playing Skyrim while the EU server downloads lol. The vodka/lemonade helps contain my inner rage about this maintenance BS

You do know you don't get to use you characters from the NA server.

I understand that yes, yet I'd rather be playing this than anything else atm
    I used the "Attach Image" option for a sig and it said images aren't allowed in sigs. This is lol-worthy.
  • Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    dcarpent72 wrote: »
    Hmm one more insightful "like" and I get a new badge...hmm how to get that. lol.

there ya go :D

Yay :)
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -
  • Decimatia
    Decimatia
    ✭✭
    JJ5gikE.jpg
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It's a VERY delicate state of mind...
  • Phabiusbile
    Phabiusbile
    ✭✭

Generally you want to turn off and unplug Y and then hit the power button ( or wait X seconds ) to discharge the system ( Capacitors ). Then plug Y back in and turn it on.
    Edited by Phabiusbile on April 2, 2014 12:31PM
  • sampaku
    sampaku
    ✭✭
    I'm officially going to sleep. I feel defeated and disappointed. Carry on without me Dedicated Downtime Defenders. Stay strong.
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    After reading all these comments, i still haven't received a sweetroll...
  • Thelrok
    Thelrok
    ✭✭✭
    BrassRazoo wrote: »
    Aussies will eat any old *** between a couple of slices of bread, especially with a gut full of ***.
    We don't have Taco Bell here, well none that I have seen, so it must either be some really nasty grub or too sophisticated for our sensitive palates.
    http://www.tacobell.com/breakfast

• Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    yah know.. after reading around a bit.. i wonder if this all has anything to do with me saving my toons names on a mates account... he had the 5 day i got the 3 day.....*tin foil hat* ... toons were deleted off his account today while i made the new ones on my account....xD
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zyhlaari wrote: »

It's usually to let the retained charge drain so it actually gets to the no power state, I believe

Is that a Star Trek quote?
  • Vaultese
    Vaultese
    dcarpent72 wrote: »
    Hmm one more insightful "like" and I get a new badge...hmm how to get that. lol.

there ya go :D

Yay :)

I plus-ed your insightful too, no worries lol
    I used the "Attach Image" option for a sig and it said images aren't allowed in sigs. This is lol-worthy.
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭
    Thread needs more cats
    a85.jpg
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
  • trinta
    trinta
    ✭✭✭

We do it on the theory that we make toddlers take a nap when they're cranky, so the same principle must apply to electronics.
    Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well there's always tomorrow
    1260207524-sick_day.jpg
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7w6hy.jpg
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Faked
    Faked
    ✭✭✭
    i dtill want to know if my research is still going or if it is stopped!
    Heeeeyyyyyyy Yoooouuuuuu Guys!!!!!!!
  • rlockwood88
    You're welcome.

• Zyhlaari
    Zyhlaari
    Soul Shriven

Zyhlaari wrote: »

Is that a Star Trek quote?

If it is, not intentionally haha
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    HarryWolfe wrote: »
    yah know.. after reading around a bit.. i wonder if this all has anything to do with me saving my toons names on a mates account... he had the 5 day i got the 3 day.....*tin foil hat* ... toons were deleted off his account today while i made the new ones on my account....xD

Yep you're definitely responsible and we should all direct our wrath towards you.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I went to bed last night when they gave us the 15min warning about the servers coming down for maintenance.

Just woke up now and they're still down? What's happening? Has there been any official statements?
  • MardukAU
    MardukAU
    Funny as. Best Post....

Decimatia wrote: »
    I'm just gonna dust this off and leave it right here.....

WoB: Welcome to World of BurgerCraft. Would you like a PVE value meal, a PVP value meal, or an RP value meal?

Car 1: What is the difference between the PVE and PVP meals?

WoB: The PVP burger has onions. The PVE burger does not. Except sometimes. You can add onions if you want. And we sneak some onions in toward the end of the PVE burger but you don't have to eat them. You can skip that part of the burger.

Car 1: What about the RP burger?

WoB: Vegetarian.

Car 1: What do I get besides a burger?

WoB: Fries and your choice of beverage.

Car 1: I'll have a PVE meal with a diet coke.

WoB: WoB does not support diet coke but recognizes that some of our eaters prefer it. Under our end eater license agreement, you are permitted to consume diet coke as part of you meal but you must download your own diet coke from a third party source. In the future, WoB plans to make available its own low calorie, caffeinated, cola beverage that will be integrated into the WoB eating experience and help bolster WoB's reputation as the premier provider of immersive dining solutions.

Car 1: Huh?

WoB: We got no diet coke.

Car 1: What do you have?

WoB: We have coke.

Car 1: You said I had a choice of beverage.

WoB: You can choose coke or get your own diet coke.

Car 1: Do you have anything else? What about sprite?

WoB: Sprite does not conform with WoB's vision of immersive dining. Your use of sprite would be unfair to other diners as it would deprive them of the same experience you are having. Therefore, the use of sprite in conjunction with this meal is strictly prohibited by the EELA.

Car 1: THAT IS INSANE!

WoB: Shouting angers the fillet o' fish.

Car 1: Fine. I'll have coke.

WoB: Please pull up to the service window

Sign: We are aware that some of you are experiencing difficulty accessing our service window. We believe we have identified the problem as a stress failure of a service window retraction rubberband. We are currently testing a new rubberband and hope to have it in place soon. Thank you for your patience.

Car 2: OMG! WoB suxx0rz teh b1g one!111!!

Car 3: Shut up, troll. WoB meals are the best! This isn't their fault.

Car 2: Shut up, fanboi. I'm canceling my order and going to Der EQ2chnitzel.

Cars 3-99: Then leave. Shorter line for the rest of us.

Car 3: Der EQ2chnitzel meals suck. WoB meals are so much better.

Car 2: Yeah but at least you can actually eat a Der EQ2cnitzel meal. Here you just sit hungry. OMG

Cars 3-99: Are you still here?

WoB: Thank you for your patience. The replacement rubberband did not meet our expectations so we have reverted to the old rubberband which has been patched. Here is your order.

Car 1; Thanks....uh, you forgot my french fries.

WoB: There are no french fries.

Car 1: You said it came with french fries.

WoB: No, we said it came with fries.

Car 1: The difference being?

WoB: French fries are made with potatoes. Fries can be made with any starchy tuber and hot oil. At WoB we are constantly developing new and exciting fries. If you refer to the EELA, you will see that potatoes are never mentioned in connection with our fries. After our fries have been thoroughly tested and meet our standards, we will release our fries to you. You're gonna love 'em.

Car 1: So when do I get my fries?

WoB: We are not prepared to commit to a time when your fries will be ready. If we were to do so and fail to deliver as promised, you might be disappointed.

Car 1: Um, I'm pretty disappointed now. Can't you just please ask the fry guys? I promise I won't get mad.

WoB: The fry guys and the fryer array are located off-site. As I said, we are not prepared to commit to a firm fry delivery time window.

Car 1: Fine, I will eat my burger and wait for my fries....

Car 1: You forgot the pickles on my burger.

WoB: No, we didn't.

Car 1: There are no pickles on my burger. Look for yourself.

WoB: We are aware that some customers are reporting missing condiments during periods of service window rollback cause by the recent rubberband elasticity failure. We are unable to verify the presence or absence of condiments on burgers and cannot provide replacement condiments to our users. Doing so might result in an unscrupulous customer receiving extra pickles and ruining the eating experience for everyone. Thank you for your patience.

Car 1: There is no mustard either.

Car 2: d00d!11! You just started your meal. What makes you think you have EARNED mustard? Mustard is for the 1337 eaters who have every meal here.

Cars 3-99: Are you still here? Why do you care if he gets mustard? How does it affect your meal?

Car 1: OMG. There is a $!$%roach in my burger!

WoB: We are aware that some customers are reporting disagreeable insects in their meals. It is our experience that these insects accompany our diners to WoB in their cars and are in no way the fault of WoB. We recommend that you take the following steps, in order, if you encounter one of these insects. Check for the continued presence of the insect after each step.

1. Roll up all car windows.
    2. Open and close are doors firmly.
    3. Wash your car thoroughly inside and out.
    4. Turn off your stereo, headlights, and windshield wipers.
    5. Change the oil.
    6. Check the tire tread.
    7. Rotate the tires.
    8. Get new tires.
    9. Get new brakes.
    10. Get an alignment.
    11. Replace the starter solenoid.
    12. Replace the transmission.
    13. Replace the engine.
    14. Renew your driver's license.
    15. Renew your registration.
    16. Renew your insurance.
    17. Replace the car.

If none of these steps fixes the problem, the insect never existed and you are making it all up to get attention.

Car 1: I did everything you said. I bought a new car. The $!$%roach is still there.

WoB: We are aware of incidents in which customers insert insects into their meals in order to gain an unfair eating advantage. We do not tolerate this behavior and will confiscate any meal found to have customer inserted insects. Further, we will cite the offending eater for trespassing and ban them from future meals at WoB.

Car 1: I didn't put the $!$%roach in the burger.

WoB: Maybe you did and maybe you didn't. But a smart person would know when to shut his gob, wouldn't he?

Car 1: Can I have my fries now?

WoB: No.

reference

Death is Certain, Life is Not!!
  • Faked
    Faked
    ✭✭✭
    I went to bed last night when they gave us the 15min warning about the servers coming down for maintenance.

Just woke up now and they're still down? What's happening? Has there been any official statements?

ZOS_MichaelServotte Administrator, Moderator admin
    3:55AM
    The North American megaserver is still down for the ongoing maintenance our team is conducting. While we cannot communicate any ETA at this stage, rest assured we will come back here with more updates as soon as we have them. Thank you for your patience
  • dcarpent72
    dcarpent72
    ✭✭

Well, when you have a "pappa bee" and a "momma bee".....
  • TheSnowWolf
    trinta wrote: »

We do it on the theory that we make toddlers take a nap when they're cranky, so the same principle must apply to electronics.

That's what I've always assumed, at least.

• BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.tacobell.com/breakfast
    Jesus.
    What the hell is the hexagon looking sack of cheese thing?
    I'd give that a go.
    Edited by BrassRazoo on April 2, 2014 12:32PM
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭
    so who else has been here since the start of the thread?
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
  • SpasticSpringbok
    Mortelus wrote: »
    Rock, paper, scissors anyone?

I will go first...

3... Rock.

GUN!!! I WIN
  • Faked
    Faked
    ✭✭✭
    I have sadly