Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox EU is Dyeing...

• Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have heard that IC is separate from cyro since we don't need to from cyro into ic
    Xbox EU Server X'ing, Small Scale PvP, Ballgroup PvP <- deinstalliert

PC EU X'ing, Small Scale PvP <- aus dem Spiel raus
  • Panchaea
    Panchaea
    ✭✭✭
    gronoxvx wrote: »
    FFXIV will be the final nail in the coffin for xbox servers in general tbh.

What is so good about that game? It's got a global cooldown which is just yuck and the combat almost looks turn based lol. The playerbase is even weirder than here also.

In ESO you have a lot of RPers and carebears sure but relatively normal people. FF14 is just filled with borderline..um..all I can say, is that Asian MMOs are different and tend to objectify certain..aspects that us western folk can't get away with.

[snip]

[edited for inappropriate content]

Playerbase is as weird as most MMO playerbases tbh, you should see the ESO RP base. Now they're a bunch.

FFXIV really sold me when I earned about 20 pets before Heavensward without spending a cent in the store. ESO barely has any in-game earnable collectables and relies on reverse cowgirling your wallet.
  • Sn00ps
    Sn00ps
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Icy @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_KaiSchober Can we get an update on why the server is being left to die and why the lag is as bad as it is?
  • RushAssassinx
    RushAssassinx
    Soul Shriven
    Game is in an awful state. I’ve moved over to PC now, no issues at all. Xbox EU is dying, and will probably be dead this time next year if nothing is fixed to get people back into the game.
  • Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn how many left X EU :'(. IMO X EU is dead e.g. You and Adam moved to PC, many others to NA. So there are not so many players on EU
    Edited by Arrow312 on August 3, 2023 10:00AM

• Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still cant get over the fact that people actually play mmorpgs on consoles. Why? Just, why?
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uvi_AUT wrote: »
    Still cant get over the fact that people actually play mmorpgs on consoles. Why? Just, why?

In my case it was to avoid all the hacks and bots(ha ha, jokes on me) and my computer at the time was dated. (It would run ESO, but wouldn't look any better than my 360) at the time I updated to series x(and got a supercomputer that same year) I already had years, achievements, lots of RL $ (I like housing), friends, etc etc.
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭

I started playing on PC back, when Win95 came out and stopped, when PS4 arrived. I got tired of all the PC HW upgrade and other problems on PC, like cheaters, constantly patches and, what not.

PS gave me the freedom to play and not worrie about other things. Sony have a security profile that fits me very well. Free of addons and having switch to PS5 it´s just became much better. PS just made it muck more easy.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because we can, no reason not to. you dont need a keyboard or addons to enjoy a game
    Soupy twist
  • Sn00ps
    Sn00ps
    ✭✭✭
    There is still a lot of people who want to play on Xbox EU but the developers need to fix it fast...
  • Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they Close X EU completely without Option to Transfer to NA. I don't think they Put it with PC together because of the add but IT is ZOS

• gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is so good about that game? It's got a global cooldown which is just yuck and the combat almost looks turn based lol. The playerbase is even weirder than here also.

In ESO you have a lot of RPers and carebears sure but relatively normal people. FF14 is just filled with borderline..um..all I can say, is that Asian MMOs are different and tend to objectify certain..aspects that us western folk can't get away with.

[snip]

The fact that they treat their fanbase with respect and it isnt a cash cow like eso with the crown store etc. The only reason why people play eso on xbox is because theres no competition so they know they dont have to bend over backwards to keep or draw in new players.

In comes an established game like FFXIV and people will see the differences and ultimately decide where to spend their time and money.

Agreed theres a huge difference in gameplay etc and the ESO gameplay cant be matched. But that can only go so far with a buggy [snip] game [snip]

[edited for bashing/profanity bypass]

Hopefully the competition will cause the higher ups at zos to do something about the game compared to just the crown store
    Edited by gronoxvx on August 5, 2023 6:22AM
  • Sn00ps
    Sn00ps
    ✭✭✭
    The lag in Cyrodiil is the main reason the server is dying, just fix it how hard can it be...
  • Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭
    What color dye is being used?
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s time for them to find a way to bring Crossplay to ESO, even if it’s just the merging of Xbox and PlayStation servers.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been making threads claiming the game is dying since 2014. PvP has always been a minority of the player base and yes, performance drives some away but there are players in my camp that continue to play thru the lag regardless. In fact they embrace it, forming AoE ball groups that exploit the input lag so their targets can't react.

Also, you can't claim Dungeon Queues taking forever is another sign. That is completely due to people refusing to play as Tanks and Healers. Whenever I log onto my Healer for some daily undaunted my queue pops immediately.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    People have been making threads claiming the game is dying since 2014. PvP has always been a minority of the player base and yes, performance drives some away but there are players in my camp that continue to play thru the lag regardless. In fact they embrace it, forming AoE ball groups that exploit the input lag so their targets can't react.

Also, you can't claim Dungeon Queues taking forever is another sign. That is completely due to people refusing to play as Tanks and Healers. Whenever I log onto my Healer for some daily undaunted my queue pops immediately.

Do you even play on Xbox EU?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quackery wrote: »

Xbox NA, isn't that close enough?
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quackery wrote: »

Xbox NA, isn't that close enough?

peas and apples.
    I play both servers. Main trading guilds in Mournhold.
    On NA, you have 120 pages of trades in the guild-history for 24 hours, on EU only 25.
    So your experience on NA is not representative for gaming experience on EU.
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭

In ESO you have a lot of RPers and carebears sure but relatively normal people.

...Why are you saying it like those are bad people. 🤨

Yeah his whole comment seemed pretty ignorant tbh and judging people with different interests just because he doesn’t like it. They have people who may be furries and into anime, so what?
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Panchaea wrote: »

[snip]

Playerbase is as weird as most MMO playerbases tbh, you should see the ESO RP base. Now they're a bunch.

FFXIV really sold me when I earned about 20 pets before Heavensward without spending a cent in the store. ESO barely has any in-game earnable collectables and relies on reverse cowgirling your wallet.

I'm somewhere up in the 50s & 60s in the numbers of earned mounts range and have never spent anything in the cash shop, and have pages of pets, and the glamour system is fantastic.
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on August 5, 2023 7:46AM
    love is love
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[snip]

Ui is yucky in FF14. I didn't feel as immersed in the world like I could live there. ESO has better world development and exploration. I feel like I can go anywhere for my adventure

Console ESO controls kinda suck. I felt like it wasn't as intuitive nor as easy to use compared to PC.
  • Sn00ps
    Sn00ps
    ✭✭✭
    it is crazy that the devs have not fixed the issues in cyrodiil atm its fully just broken...
  • Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    X NA got many ppl when they Said that EU don't get the Upgrade at Same time. I also heard that on NA IS a high Pop all time. On EU sometimes you stay hours at a worldboss at there is No one.

Even at the Grind Spot in carglorn was Just around 5 Players Last Time in logged in.

• loki504
    loki504
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking of buying eso-Necron for Xbox EU(got till blackwood). But I might try NA first before I buy it to see how it is working out and see if it is more crowded on the time I play.. Xbox and EU is also a rare combi😔
  • Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    loki504 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying eso-Necron for Xbox EU(got till blackwood). But I might try NA first before I buy it to see how it is working out and see if it is more crowded on the time I play.. Xbox and EU is also a rare combi😔

Play on the NA-server; don't waste time with EU.
  • Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loki504 wrote: »

If you want to start new, start on NA. There are more people. EU is Just a waste of time

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm convinced Playstation NA is the best platform/server.
    The PvP is always full at prime time.
    Easy to get into BGs.
    And most people have fun using off meta builds. I've only seen rending slashes on my death recap once in the last month.
    It's not full of people using masters DW and Vateshran staff.
  • Sn00ps
    Sn00ps
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it that the developers never discuss or address any issues or concerns for Xbox EU? The server is completely neglected and ignored
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main account is Xbox NA, but I used to play fairly regularly on the Xbox EU server. It was more empty, but kind of nice to do a delve without tripping over 12 other people. But with the newish reset times, (for me 9PM), I'm giving up on Xbox EU after I get the fox mount this month. Maybe at some point, I'll want to revisit Xbox EU.