The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quest Status Bug

Shadeous
Shadeous
✭✭
I have not yet started the questline for Necrom, yet when I go to map completion for the zone it shows me that have done 8/9 quests.
srtvkvd7bl95.png

The reverse for practically every other zone in the game, I've done all the quests or nearly all and they show as incomplete and the small town hubs show as incomplete. Auridon for example:
90phe7a0qigm.png
  • Renan
    Renan
    ✭✭✭
    Almost Same here, my cadwells gold riped off. The game show any point on map incomplete even i was already on bangkorai and almost completed last saturday

05tgt1z6k5o1.png
    2n9khbl2aesc.png
    Champion Rank 3100 == (PC/NA)
    Evil ßæ - Lvl 50 Magicka Nightblade - EP ßaby Ðont Gank Me - Lvl 50 Stamina Dragonknight - EP That Cat Behind You - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade - EP Run You Fools - Lvl 50 Stamina Warden -EP R E N A N - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade (Main) - EP How Do I Leave Cyrodiil - - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade - EP The Fall Damage - Lvl 50 Sorcerer - EP ßackstreak ßoys - Lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer -EP Renan Daemon - Lvl 50 Stamina Arcanist - EP and others 9 EP toons Flawless Conqueror Master Angler Tamriel Hero Grand Overlord Spirit Slayer Godslayer Ad DC and EP Former Emperor Player Since 2014
  • hao98
    hao98
    Soul Shriven
    The same is happening to me too. I've done all of the zone and side quests in the game (excluding those in the Necrom chapter) and all my zones are showing incomplete for the zone quests.
  • kermickjagger
    kermickjagger
    Soul Shriven
    +1 for this phenomenon as well. Didn't think anything of the issue at first, since I initially thought it to be a visual bug... but even after logging in/out between characters as well as closing and relaunching the game, I am now seeing the same observations described by the OP; zones whose questlines I have completed either have zilch or partial "completion" tracked, while the Telvanni Peninsula claims I have 8/9 quests done in spite of not starting the questline there as of yet.

Regardless of the incorrect quest completion tracking, relevant achievements are still intact however:
    xsvbznxaabi9.png

Yet, my zone map for Glenumbra seems to claim the opposite per the above, with only partial completion of the questline:
    0sgzi5pe2xre.png

8/9 completion for the Necrom questline, however I haven't gotten started with the questline yet:
    2gfvep9xqziw.png

• Renan
    Renan
    ✭✭✭
    First i see it was on my arcanist, but today
    I find this on a older character that i already did cadwells gold vs8e70cxeafw.jpg
    b7yh5zo8z65x.jpg
    c5ku1ntu1471.jpg

h0e3kyjogm7d.jpg
    rbglodzj60vi.jpg

Edited by Renan on June 29, 2023 3:54PM
    Evil ßæ - Lvl 50 Magicka Nightblade - EP ßaby Ðont Gank Me - Lvl 50 Stamina Dragonknight - EP That Cat Behind You - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade - EP Run You Fools - Lvl 50 Stamina Warden -EP R E N A N - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade (Main) - EP How Do I Leave Cyrodiil - - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade - EP The Fall Damage - Lvl 50 Sorcerer - EP ßackstreak ßoys - Lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer -EP Renan Daemon - Lvl 50 Stamina Arcanist - EP and others 9 EP toons Flawless Conqueror Master Angler Tamriel Hero Grand Overlord Spirit Slayer Godslayer Ad DC and EP Former Emperor Player Since 2014
  • Renan
    Renan
    ✭✭✭
    My arcanist cant even do the main quest.
    l572odu5vkrp.jpg

xo0medz0gjjl.png

@ZOS_Kevin Can we get some attetion on this progress block?
    Edited by Renan on June 30, 2023 2:42AM
  • Eaddok
    Eaddok
    Soul Shriven
    I have same problem here, every finished and unfinished zone quest, secondary quests/locations is showing random false information. Like this one: I haven't start Blackwood yet
    mjkiol10wsva.png
  • Quarterhorseygirl
    Quarterhorseygirl
    Soul Shriven
    I'm also having this bug with quests I know I have completed suddenly appearing incomplete. I've even run across the quest markers and talking to the person does nothing because the quest is already complete.
  • Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭✭
    Same bug for me
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe related, my main char can no longer queue for ToT. Says I need to do the intro quest first, offers an "accept" button but clicking it says I don't qualify to do that. Just the one char, others all seem fine.
  • RainerP
    RainerP
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem since since monday, 26 jun 2023 in PC/EU-Server

in german forum:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/comment/7903890
  • Brashnek
    Brashnek
    Soul Shriven
    I am having this same issue. It began for me on 7/1 evening after Cyrodiil.
  • ArcAngel
    ArcAngel
    ✭✭
    I'm having this same issue also. Noticed following a Cyrodiil session yesterday evening.
  • Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭✭
    After server reboot the problem has not been resolved...
    Map completion is bugged.
    PC Server EU

@ZOS_Kevin
  • Sagranax
    Sagranax
    ✭✭✭
    Same here.
    All the quests/icons I've done on my main years ago have all turned black again.
    Edited by Sagranax on July 3, 2023 11:17AM
  • birdmann1230
    Same here. I also can’t queue into Tales of Tribute because it says I haven’t done tbt quest but it also won’t let me redo it. All of this happened after I got DC’d out of Cyrodiil yesterday.
  • Gmorks
    Gmorks
    Soul Shriven
    +1.
    several of the quests I've done on my main years ago have all turned black again, including the main mission of the NECROM.
    And if I wanted to repeat, it is not possible because the NPCs that give the mission are not in the place indicated on the map.

1140unf8yjcx.jpg
    rdry9blttbhp.jpg

• BlessedThistle
    BlessedThistle
    Soul Shriven
    This is happening to me as well, in every zone except Cyrodiil. PS5 NA.
  • Shadeous
    Shadeous
    ✭✭
    eytbxz624ceg.png
    This is on the character that did all the tribute quests and games on, I can no longer queue on it
  • Gwendoliine
    Gwendoliine
    ✭✭
    Shadeous wrote: »
    eytbxz624ceg.png
    This is on the character that did all the tribute quests and games on, I can no longer queue on it

I have exact the same problem... no card game (against other players) and nearly in every zone something is missing, which I already have been done... :(
  • Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭✭
    Until Sunday morning, I had 22 Cyrodiil quests missing.
    Today the situation is:
    Quests completed: 2289/3282
    Missing: 993 quests

I can't do ToT daily
    I can't know my quest progression in Cyrodiil

f7833lab6nez.png

When will I be able to get the correct situation back?
  • Sagranax
    Sagranax
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have an update on this issue if possible?

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same for me! It’s been doing my head in as I’m trying to complete Vvardenfell but I can’t use the zone guide as it’s saying I still need to complete the story (which I’ve done). Also all previously completed zones like Glenumbra are now incomplete.

Please fix this, it’s doing my 100% completionist/OCD insane
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incidentally, this started after I bought some thing from the Crown store
    Edited by Poss on July 4, 2023 11:40PM
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    i cant get Cyrodiil daily quest
  • Tyrobius
    Tyrobius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have this problem as well. I just noticed it today so I'm not sure how long it has been an issue. I discovered it because I was unable to complete the Spirit of Fate quest, part of the Necrom main quest. I just realized that I had far more issues with my quest completions than just that.

ma288urtc8rk.png

A small portion of the quest progression bug above. I have not completed 8/9 main quests in Necrom; I have completed both Public Dungeon quests but my map completion only shows one; I have never done the Sailenmora quest but the map shows that I have.

I opened a ticket about the Spirit of Fate quest bug, however I am posting here because I am seeing this larger bug as well. We need help with this, this completely screws up quest progress in the game and makes large portions of it unplayable.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Kevin
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobius wrote: »
    We need help with this, this completely screws up quest progress in the game and makes large portions of it unplayable.

Completely agree. Was planning to start Necrom after completing Vvardenfell, but I’m not going to be able to because it says I’ve already done 6 of the story quests and the zone guide is going to send me somewhere else.

I paid for Necrom, more that I’d have liked considering the current state of the game so please can someone take a look at this?
  • Rockineqh
    Rockineqh
    Soul Shriven
    I’m having the same issues. Zones that I’ve fully completed are appearing incomplete, whilst zones I’ve yet to start appear halfway done. Hopefully we can get some sort of acknowledgement of this issue by ZOS.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also having a similar problem. My main has done every quest in game and suddenly western Skyrim quest markers are showing up in dragon bridge for quests I already did and cannot remove.

x7qw1gufwmpx.png
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    I received a reply from support to say they’re aware and are investigating
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. I also can’t queue into Tales of Tribute because it says I haven’t done tbt quest but it also won’t let me redo it. All of this happened after I got DC’d out of Cyrodiil yesterday.

Yeah, just ran into this as well today. ToT is completely unqueable against other players.

Functionally, this may be the most broken I've seen the game.