Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Arms of Relequen is the new Savage WW and needs to be nerfed

• Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    So my reaction initially was, you have to get stacks for Relequen to be great, and its hard to do in PvP.

Until yesterday in GH, when I ran into TWO Identically built Sorcs ganking and....you guessed it... both in Relequens.

They had identical setup and spells and they procced me to oblivion.

Here is what these bowsorcs were using: Relequens, NMG, and Jeralls with master bow back bar . This at least is what I deduced. Constantly I had minor.major breech on me, plus XX Malady, plus double stacks of Relequens..

I am not sure whether the stacks from both of them contributed to the ten stack limit but either way it was was a big mismatched 2v1.

Now soon you'll see wolf packs all in relequens... you heard it here first

I do appreciate the share and the details! That being said this story is probably more about what two coordinated players can do vs one. Off the top of my head they could be wearing knight slayer and still get the kill if they are coordinating movement, ults, etc or even with little coordination to by honest.

I'll say it again, I play against some of the sweatiest players in the game and this set doesn't make an appearance.

Meanwhile I've been continuously seen Procanist, Hrothgar, Vate, Master DW, apparently anything that hits hard on a bow build slapped on NB, etc regularly.

If the Rele meta were coming it would be here already lol.
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll say it again, I play against some of the sweatiest players in the game and this set doesn't make an appearance.

Meanwhile I've been continuously seen Procanist, Hrothgar, Vate, Master DW, apparently anything that hits hard on a bow build slapped on NB, etc regularly.

Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist or that other people don’t find it oppressive.

Yes, the usual cheese is more prevalent. But smaller problems are still problems that need to be solved.
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll say it again, I play against some of the sweatiest players in the game and this set doesn't make an appearance.

Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist or that other people don’t find it oppressive.

Yes, the usual cheese is more prevalent. But smaller problems are still problems that need to be solved.

I'm not saying this set has never gotten any kills. I managed to get a few kills with it in testing.

Obviously if I killed someone then maybe somewhere that person is saying man that set was oppressive when it killed me. But that doesn't indicate that it's a real problem in the bigger picture.

What does indicate that it's not as big an issue is that it's not making it to as many deaths recaps as the other things I mentioned. I have several recent recordings of PVP of different types and this set is barely in any of them. The same is seen when I watch other's recorded content and streams across various platforms.

All of the cheese I stated can easily be found in content. You can't even really find a build video or page that suggest putting this on for PVP.

• ElvenVeil
    ElvenVeil
    ✭✭✭
    Relequen is by far the best single target damage set you can slot, nothing comes close to it. You could remove the double tick per second and it would likely still be the highest single target set you could slot.

It's not a very good design when a set outpforms other options by that much, and has basically no counter other than running in fear. Personally I would be fine with seeing it removed from pvp. alternatively taking away the double tick per second would also be a way to attempt to bring it back to where other sets are.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    I already warned about this months ago but the forums always does what it does best
    I'd still rather be focused down by 2 Rele Sorcs than stalemated by 2 guys healing each other.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElvenVeil wrote: »
    Relequen is by far the best single target damage set you can slot, nothing comes close to it. You could remove the double tick per second and it would likely still be the highest single target set you could slot.

It's not a very good design when a set outpforms other options by that much, and has basically no counter other than running in fear. Personally I would be fine with seeing it removed from pvp. alternatively taking away the double tick per second would also be a way to attempt to bring it back to where other sets are.

The highest single target damage, non countered set that isn't really seeing much action in pvp lol.

I have yet to have anyone really target me with this set and I'm pretty sure I could push through the damage to mount a counter offensive.

If they are good enough to keep up buffs, Rele stacks, etc while I'm moving around them doing damage then there's a decent change they didn't even need rele in the first place.