The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Share your Acanist!

• WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nammu Ilath-Pal, Velothi Dunmer Arcanist.

H3M2y3E.png
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kills-with-Beam

jqaebdzx077l.jpg
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    image.png

Meet Elms Mora, a wanderer with neverending curiosity.
  • Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    Here is Duissane (possibly the Insane).
    ym88hib5tfwd.png
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can always use more mules, but I had no inspiration for new actually playable characters at all... But I managed to expand my gang and start feeding two new horses on the day of Necrom release :)

1dKIBKq.jpg

My first arcanist (stamina version), was created very fast thanks to old idea I got from video: tiny Bosmer vampire using creepy feeding animations on NPCs. Basic name, green color scheme... At least, now I have my first Bosmer in the pack of 20 characters :smiley:

The lowest height was a must for his evil purpose. He already suffers from being dismounted in low water and not being able to loot some containers...
    He is the first one who has unlocked new companion from Necrom in my whole gang, and together they look like father and son. Even grandfather and grandson!

yhcJyIT.jpg

After test-drive of this class' abilities, I was positively surprised by Fatecarver. That green laser beam is very fun and hilarious <3 It instantly got me enough inspiration for the name for my second arcanist.

qxDRabr.jpg

KiNZZRf.jpg

I had no inspiration for the look or race, so I chose the passives. Her look alternates between many variants and colors. I planned to make male Altmer, but I am not satisfied with some look options for my boys :/ It's much easier to make certain look on girls - and even on them, I feel very limited in Legs outfit options.
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eram Delver, in his "formal" attire.

gir6qlnkpbua.png
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XBB3zpY.png
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    kfc4mmd585ek.png

Aleneri Falvevanni. Master Neloth (in Skyrim) sent her to Apocrypha, and she left it 1000 years earlier than she'd entered.

v48g4epwbej0.png

Dralys Indoril. Chimer. During the war with the Dwemer, Sotha Sil sent him to Apocrypha to find some info to help the Chimer defeat the Dwemer, and he left it 1000 years later after he'd entered.
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Orcanist
    bqsipwy423j4.jpg

My Arganist
    kvnhat2av5fc.jpg
    PC - NA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm the one on the left. (Updated image because I changed race from Altmer to Redguard.)

t91q650g7pdf.jpg
    Edited by SilverBride on June 13, 2023 6:15PM
    PCNA
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lpjq4gymrm4t.png
    gjbwcqrj6jxt.png
    My Arcanist Mypha 📚
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    rreia1m2t12w.png
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    0vjlfptblf3f.png
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    o734921k22s5.png
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually headcanon my arcanist as someone who has nothing to do with Hermaeus Mora or his magic or anything. I just pretend the spells are regular magic, even though a lot of them don't look it.

The TES spellsword probably describes her best. Her name is Adessa Drevayn and she's a bounty hunter from southeastern mainland Morrowind, unaffiliated with the Morag Tong.

I'm doing a lot of other content first before playing her but I'm looking forward to developing her story.

g4rktslis9cz.png
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Qagh
    Qagh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oyePVPI.png
    CP 2400+ - PC/EU - PvP: Gray Host
    Qagh - StamDK - Khajiit - DC - Grand Overlord (AR 50)
    Qagho - MagSorc - Khajiit - DC
    Qaghi - Stamblade - Khajiit - DC - Grand Overlord (AR 50)
    Pelzgesicht - Magcro - Khajiit - DC
    Qaghoo - Magplar - Khajiit - DC
  • JiveSalts
    JiveSalts
    ✭✭
    Here's my magicka arcanist Felvanis, who's favorite activity is being a problem.
    182t3satpcph.png

And my stamina arcanist Galadir doing his best to be scholarly.
    gk9vgzc32080.png

Part-time tank, full-time failure
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o3aojobbncls.png

Yes, green....lol
  • TairenSoul
    TairenSoul
    ✭✭✭
    My Dark Elf Arcanist. Her name is Proxi!

6t50h15sqy07.jpg
    Heavy is the crown.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeu0tjernfdu.png
    My corrupted Temple Ordinator, hungry for power. (Dunmer Tank)

lskbzpcwkjd1.png
    My Imperial Librarian, who made a plea to Hermaeus Mora, to help her escape from the forces of Molag Bol when the Imperial City fell. (Mag DPS)

• Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been sneaking in some small, barely noticable references to a bond with the big eye prince.

g6wwvwlmcz4q.png

zcmcnrl3gtmw.png
  • MisterGibs
    MisterGibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just remade a character for my arcanist. But it suits her better.
    image.png
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    My Argonian Arcanist, Cobalt-Thuxis (in Jel, the Argonian language Thuxis means snake/serpent)
    iw0yol9r4mix.png
    ojw1vu7r9p68.png

Armor outfit comparisons with her identical twin brother, Blue-Thuxis (my Argonian sorcerer, on the left with the Misanthropic Lycanthrope feathers also featuring Fear the Clannfear (yes, I named my sorc's Clannfear), while Cobalt on the right who has Fine Upstanding Spines)
    f50u12ysid5a.png (hood is Yokudan, the hood with the snakes/serpent on the sides)
    ky9q9ml5eupr.png
    tskn4jzy8ac6.png
    lhwuy7c0tcsu.png
    3469c9ez7idv.png
    tx07arr9k2xj.png
    n6ohmznuaosu.png
    dgycqtzgr71j.png

Headcanon story time, I know this part should go over to Fiction & Roleplaying, so that's why I putting the spoiler tag over it for any can ignore the wall of words:
    She's the identical twin to my main (well 2 mains now for I enjoy the Arcanist too), Blue-Thuxis, my Argonian werewolf (yes, my Arcanist shares this same Hircine blessing) Sorcerer, who both born under the Serpent birthsign. Unlike their siblings from the same clutch of eggs, they hatch out of the same egg. (Like the Argonian twins from Oblivion (Ocheeva & Teinaava) would say "egg-mates".)

Though base from the Tree-Minder of the Hist said it predicted to be only one supposed to came from that egg...

Cobalt was male like her brother, though she has spines (Fine Upstanding Spines) while Blue who has feathers (Maximum Frisee later Misanthropic Lycanthrope) on the head, others still confuse them! So she changed her gender to hope that reduce the confusion, it did, mostly. They have the same interests of like in clothes, armor etc.. They both are skilled at dual wielding while also with a bow & a destruction staff. They do has a strong telepathy connection, while Blue the one was called the vestige during the escape of Coldharbour she was there as many other soul shriven who escaped as well. But after the portal they got separated, she ended on the Isle of Balfiera! But eventually find her brother & siblings. While she not present during most of those game story past events, she experience it through their connection, seeing it through his eyes.

Though, headcanonly, she not too far. For they do travel together unlike their siblings they sometimes run into, Crimson-Thuxis (a brother, DragonKnight) & his wife Urmanda (trans female Orc, a Warden), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (a sister. a Warden), & Bone-Thuxis Tharn (a brother, Necromancer. His last name is due when young he got taken by Dres. A Imperial ,knew he couldn't take on all of Dres or able to rescue all, he only able to buy Bone's freedom! Bone thought his mother & sibs were killed. So the Tharn adopted him.) Other they run into are their own mother Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Templar, old but she doesn't look it, still good in a fight) & Selene Gray-Thuxis. (Nightblade, due having "Thuxis" she's not a relative but a Shadowscale friend they met)

Rumor (or is it?):
    Their deceased father is a sorcerer Nord (K. Clyde) with some Reach genealogy & also a werewolf, that moved & lived in Black Marsh, then later meeted Nirn-Scale & help her tribe. He died some time with Knahaten Flu after intercourse with the Templar Nirn-Scale.It believed Nirn-Scale done some Hist-magic that genetically modified him before they had intercourse. For this it also believed his soul went to the Hist instead of taken by Hircine. For that it believed Blue-Thuxis & Cobalt-Thuxis are both reincarnations of their father. Though, despite the twins never met their father, they oddly both had the same dream of a man appear wearing Dragon Warrior armor (Dragonborn costume) riding on top of a Sovngarde Clawthane Wolf mount...

In the far future, after both of the twins die & go back to the Hist it believed their souls became one, & that the Blue-Thuxis from the 3rd era (Oblivion) & from the 4th era (Skyrim, the soul escaped back to the Hist when the Sheogorath mantle fully took over) are later reincarnations.

Back to unrumors (or was the above is fact ;) ), the tome that came to Nirn that looking to bind itself with a mortal soul, both Argonian twins souls were perfectly matches the tome's arcane resonance! The tome literally couldn't decide, it ended choosing Cobalt-Thuxis to bind itself with, unknowingly it got itself in a 2 in 1 problem. While Cobalt-Thuxis the one became a arcanist & got align with Apocrypha, for both twins are mind & spiritually connected her twin can experience what's happening! But due to her twin bond, it prevents Cobalt having a exact innate connection with Hermaeus & the affects like other arcanists! She got the powers of a arcanist, but the so "complex runes, tentacles and abyssal waters" doesn't rush around her head. Like both helped each other with sorcery spells, Blue-Thuxis helped his twin to practice her new craft! Through the Necrom chapter she's going to be the hero this time around!

& that's it, a wild ESO headcanon background mentioned 9 of 14 of my toons.
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on June 20, 2023 8:47AM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • Giulietta
    Giulietta
    ✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »
    I've been sneaking in some small, barely noticable references to a bond with the big eye prince.

g6wwvwlmcz4q.png

zcmcnrl3gtmw.png

what the hell is that helmet? :D looks great in a slightly disturbing way... :#
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Altmer Arcanist, "Rune Fatecarver"
    I was hoping I'd like my Argonian Arcanist more, but unfortunately I really really like Rune, so he's become my main.

zusr1jhs4nks.jpg
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • The_Legend
    sc23tm4c1rw0.jpeg
    My dark elf - The Darkanist
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people seem to imagine an Arcanist character as someone really powerful, mysterious and/or probably ages old. Which I can understand, really. I still chose a different approach. Let me introduce to you:

l5waro5gpeti.png

Soris Rethandus. Young, harmless (and slightly chubby for a Dunmer, it seems - why do characters always look different in-game than on the character creation screen?!). I thought of naming him Soris Rendus first (and still think that sounds better), but Rethandus is (according to the marker at their ancestral grave) originally a Sixth House family, and that's what it's all about.

When imagining a new character I'd like to play, one that fits the new chapter's theme, one question came to my mind: Dunmer society is strongly influenced by ancestral veneration. Ancestry, family and clan are some of the most important aspects people are judged by. So, how would it feel to live in this society if it's not only forbidden to talk about (let alone honor) one's ancestors, but their history is officially eradicated?

I assume there are probably lots of former Sixth House descendants who just ignore this part of their history, have become members of other Great Houses over the centuries, or who might not even know in detail what history their family had generations ago. Which is a theme often found in H.P. Lovecrafts stories, btw: People digging too deep into their family's past and finding out rather unpleasant things.

So, what will young Soris do, trying to find out about his family's origins? An unsuccessful visit to Vivec's library? Some ruin exploration on Vvardenfell? Moving on to Necrom, hoping to find some documents deep in the archives? And if this still doesn't help, finally turning to Hermaeus Mora and Apocrypha?

It will end up being 90% headcanon, of course. I still want my character's background story to show while playing, so there will be self-limitations, strict ones even, but as ESO's overland combat isn't hard anyway...
    - No use of Arcanist skills until he has been in Apocrypha for a while.
    - Inventory modified to what makes sense for him (a dagger, a few potions and soulgems, a bit of food, a few coins - trashed the rest).
    - Currently preparing his stats to reflect the character he's supposed to be (he knows a bit of alchemy, a bit of enchanting, a few cooking recipes, and has slightly above average skills in jewelry crafting, as his father is a silversmith and he has been his apprentice for a while).

tl;dr: Syldras is making everything overly complicated again.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar:
    0ik0jqq9492l.png
    (Mag/Arcanist)

Mamaea the Sledgehammer:
    l6dmntbukkc8.png
    (Stam/Arcanist)

mesev0thvyjt.png
    (And both side by side)
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Giulietta wrote: »
    Katheriah wrote: »

g6wwvwlmcz4q.png

zcmcnrl3gtmw.png

what the hell is that helmet? :D looks great in a slightly disturbing way... :#

Sacred Watcher Hood! :#