The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Harbourage should become a player Home after completing the Main Story

Mashille
Mashille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Just had a random thought that The Harbourage should become a player Home after completing the Main Story.

Which Alliance Zone Harbourage you get unlock could depend on the Alliance of your character which completed the Story.

I think that would be quite cool.
House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this idea. Only issue I see is that player homes are unlocked account-wide, not per character.
    So they'd have to do something different with that 'Home' so subsequent characters going through the main quest for the first time don't just see a player home.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be cool.

+1
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can support any idea to make more houses for players.
    But living in a tiny cave, where one old blind man you've chosen to die spent his last days... don't you feel it a bit wrong? :)
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I approve, but honestly, I would want it to get an overhaul first. It could definitely be a really cool home and aside from the really expensive crown-exclusive one in Vvardenfell, we don't have a Daedric ruin as a home yet.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are three Harborages, one for each faction and one account can have characters in each. Homes are account wide (within server). So it might get bit confusing with alts. Of course nothing prevents devs tugging an entrance to a 4th harborage somewere and giving or selling that to players.
    Edited by rpa on April 29, 2023 5:02AM
  • Waits_Behind_Walls
    Waits_Behind_Walls
    ✭✭✭
    Following on the last suggestion, perhaps they could give each harborage a locked "side entrance," which actually leads to the player home version and only unlocks after the storyline is completed.
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    It might be better as a home somewhere else, where the specific parts for each alliance unlocks upon completion.
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But living in a tiny cave, where one old blind man you've chosen to die spent his last days... don't you feel it a bit wrong? :)

I've lived in worse student accommodation.
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a brilliant idea!
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Houses are account wide.
    Imagine you have several characters on one account. Then the new characters teleport to this yours house.
    Where is the quest-giver in this case?
    PC EU
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is delightful idea. Khajiit would use this to be house for his bald bottom companions, such as hypocritical Mirri (who waxes poetic about eating bug babies, but curses you for catching fireflies), fanatical Isobel (who never shushes about Stendarr) and Bastian the Lord of Cheese (nothing more need be said).

After all, Harborage is hang-out for companions that failed, yes?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • PrincessOfThieves
    PrincessOfThieves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like this idea! It would also be cool if we could unlock all 3 Harborages by doing the main quest on different chars. :)
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    Houses are account wide.
    Imagine you have several characters on one account. Then the new characters teleport to this yours house.
    Where is the quest-giver in this case?

Well, some dungeons already have 2 different instances with just one entrance and it works just fine:
    6tuRBHN.png
    Edited by PrincessOfThieves on April 29, 2023 12:23PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the fact that homes are account wide is a problem. Remember that the Harbourage is already an instance - it's not like there's an actual cave inside the door and it's pure luck that no other players are ever there at the same time you are. Interacting with the door creates a new instanced copy of the interior map and moves your character there. It probably isn't 'physically' connected to the outside at all - like how the interior of most buildings is actually way below the ground level of the map.

So the housing version wouldn't need to overwrite the quest version, it could be a seperate instance and an account could have access to both at the same time.

They would need to add a way to pick which version you go to, but there's a few ways to handle that. A different door would probably be the most immersive, but it could probably be a menu when you interact with the door, like dungeons. Or have two different interaction points (although that could be annoying if they're too close together.)

I like the idea of being able to move in there after the main story is finished. It's unused at that point and I don't think anyone else knows about it so it would be ideal. Plus it would be nice to have a small, enclosed cave as a home.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that idea. I think we should get a player house at the end of every chapter for free. The hall of the lunar champion was a really nice addition I’d like to see more like that.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea and I'd definitely purchase it.

As far as which Harborage, there is really just one and the only reason we see 3 is because before One Tamriel players couldn't go to any base game zones but their own alliance's (until they reached the veteran levels) so they had to put 3 different entrances. But they all lead to the same Harborage.

They could resolve this by creating the actual Harborage house in Coldharbour and make that the only entrance to the house so as not to interfere with the Harborage quests.
    Edited by SilverBride on April 29, 2023 5:50PM
    PCNA
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it a reward for completing Cadwells Gold
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't you believe in homes being haunted by the spirits of the dead :wink: ?

More seriously, while I appreciate the sentiment behind the proposal, I don't believe in mixing quests and storylines with what is essentially cosmetic content. As it is, there are plenty of chained and inaccessible buildings throughout Tamriel, and some of them could become player housing for sure.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea and I'd definitely purchase it.

Agreed. We've been asking for small cave homes with similar light sourcing for years. I would make it my main residence immediately (if they don't put some crazy item cap like 100 items on it.)

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea.
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that all three Harborages should become unlocked as the player completes the regular Main Quest, then Cadwell's Silver, then Cadwell's Gold - even though there doesn't need to be anything in them.

You know, just for the sake of having a white rather than black icon on the map...
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop endorsing paying for stuff. It's the reason we have nothing to earn in-game.

It would be cool to get as a reward for sure. Unfortunately a reward does not generate revenue.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop endorsing paying for stuff. It's the reason we have nothing to earn in-game.

It would be cool to get as a reward for sure. Unfortunately a reward does not generate revenue.

I love that you come into a thread about getting a house as a quest reward (something that does already happen in the game), tell other people to stop endorsing it being a paid unlock (which as far as I can see no one suggested). Then you say it couldn't be given away free because it's not profitable enough.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

I love that you come into a thread about getting a house as a quest reward (something that does already happen in the game), tell other people to stop endorsing it being a paid unlock (which as far as I can see no one suggested). Then you say it couldn't be given away free because it's not profitable enough.

There's a couple posters that said they'd purchase it. They didn't necessarily state that meant they'd want it available for crowns (a lot of achievement homes must be purchased with coins) but that may have been how it came across to the person you're replying.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 30, 2023 10:16PM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh my god, awesome idea. Yes.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is delightful idea. Khajiit would use this to be house for his bald bottom companions, such as hypocritical Mirri (who waxes poetic about eating bug babies, but curses you for catching fireflies), fanatical Isobel (who never shushes about Stendarr) and Bastian the Lord of Cheese (nothing more need be said).

After all, Harborage is hang-out for companions that failed, yes?

Wow ouch. :D I bet Lyris and Sai and maybe even Abnur felt that last part.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I rarely see unique ideas on the forums. This has nothing to do with the ideas being bad, but just because as people cycle in and out of the game, ideas that don't get implemented by ZOS come up again by new players.

This is a truly brand new idea and I love it! I think ZOS could make a little side entrance, maybe, so it could be a home but you could still walk in and see whatever you see when you finish the quest (I think it's basically an empty cavern with the books added on the table in the back naming you in the adventures) so the idea wouldn't lock anyone out of the space in the side world.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Blazyn
    Blazyn
    ✭✭
    I am not one for being very active into housing but I would definitely purchase it after everything we went through for it!
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have a cave house like this.

But I hope it would be as is, and not magically turn into a 3 story mansion with a sprawling underground lake and spacious gardens. Just leave it a simple cave place where we can decorate. Nice and cozy <3
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    I rarely see unique ideas on the forums. This has nothing to do with the ideas being bad, but just because as people cycle in and out of the game, ideas that don't get implemented by ZOS come up again by new players.

This is a truly brand new idea and I love it! I think ZOS could make a little side entrance, maybe, so it could be a home but you could still walk in and see whatever you see when you finish the quest (I think it's basically an empty cavern with the books added on the table in the back naming you in the adventures) so the idea wouldn't lock anyone out of the space in the side world.

This made me smile 😊

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/627967/a-version-of-the-harborage-as-a-final-quest-reward-for-the-main-quest-would-be-nice#latest