The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO SpamFilter Addon

• XavierCrutch
    This addon is great. If it's possible to easily add new filters i'm going to start adding non-gold selling filters to mine. Just start adding words and phrases I dont anticipate anyone I'd want to talk to saying. Goodbye Barrens Chat!
  • pjt15253
    pjt15253
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it's possible! I just called it SpamFilter because that's the problem that inspired it. But you can use it to block people for just about anything they might say! For example, if cursing is a reason you block someone, just put in filters for all the "4 letter" words. Or you can make filters for various leet-speak terms. The auto-ignore possibilities are endless! Heck, if you really wanted, you could even put in a filter for the letter "a" and block anyone who says anything with the letter a in it - though I wouldn't recommend that.
  • bathynomusESO
    bathynomusESO
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that with the default 750 max message length, people that use a color text Addon named T's Chat Colorizer are getting blocked. Even though their messages do not appear to be 750, the color codes are counted.
  • pjt15253
    pjt15253
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I noticed that as well - I'm still working out how to strip out the color codes (as well as linking codes for when people post item links) before counting the characters.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got code for that in my branch, pjt. I'll add the proper code to strip links later on; just have to look it up first again.
  • pjt15253
    pjt15253
    ✭✭✭
    No worries - got that in.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already seen it; your link stripping isn't perfect though (three tags belong to one group each; IMO this should be done using one single replace expression; having a look tomorrow).
  • pjt15253
    pjt15253
    ✭✭✭
    Think I see what you mean - Might beat you to it this evening - off work in about 2 hours.
  • mlesnews
    mlesnews
    Soul Shriven
    I wish one could copy and past from the chat history... I'm having an annoying with the goldah.com spammers. They are using a weird C that looks like a Euro ASCII code but just has a single short line coming out the back of it (like a -C).

Maybe it is a hyphen, I'll have to keep testing my regex... While we can use a "%" as a single character wildcard, can we use a "*" for matching multiple chars?

I doubt that anyone would say goldah.com and if they did and weren't a spammer than I could manually remove them if I chose to. They are very frustrating as they are stringing words with hyphens to make entire sentences now. I've tried the following without success...
    • goldah: g0ldah%om

Maybe we can start a list of known spammers (and their filter) or if you could include them in one of your package updates as folks add them here via comments. Thank you and blessings of the Three for making this addon Slayer-of-Spammers!
    Edited by mlesnews on April 12, 2014 4:49PM
    Techie for life, UNIX engineer by trade, gamer at heart!
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use . to match "any character".

Just add a so called quantifier to match multiple characters:

?: Zero or one match
    *: Zero or multiple matches
    +: At least one match (as many as possible)
    +: At least one match (as few as necessary)

For example, .+ would match "any combination of at least one character" and .* would match "any combination of characters or none at all".
    Edited by Smaxx on April 12, 2014 5:52PM
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming the API doesn't permit the addon to automatically open tickets. I really wish Zenimax would add a right click "report spam" option to address this.
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    It has been recently discovered that the ignore list is limited to approximately 100 entries. Once it is full, the player has to un-ignore some spammers to ignore a more current one.

Now if they report each and every spammer, they can remove the older entires to make room for the newer spammers. But at current people just run the filter and don't bother reporting. So imagine what happens when their ignore lists get full.
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the addon could even get away not using the game's ignore list at all and only use either a temporary list that is cleared once you quit the game, a custom list with timestamps, or the built-in list with some added timestamping functionality. Think I'll try the latter.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know that someone is making it. This should be server side though.
  • pjt15253
    pjt15253
    ✭✭✭
    I've just implemented this as an option. You can toggle whether or not to add offenders to the built in ignore list. Note however, this does not apply to mail filtering (since I don't auto-delete mails, turning off using the ingame ignore function would render mail filtering useless). This version will be available at esoui and curse.com shortly.
  • orgelambart
    orgelambart
    Soul Shriven
    gold seller are now sending messages in game now.. ugg parasites the best method is reporting them, they will get banned, which explains why many of them have stopped spamming chat and started sending direct messages to people.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    gold seller are now sending messages in game now.. ugg parasites the best method is reporting them, they will get banned, which explains why many of them have stopped spamming chat and started sending direct messages to people.

Sadly, that could have been easily fixed before launch by adding a feature to auto ignore mail that was not sent by a friend or guild member. Most MMOs eventually end up adding this, I would think that new MMOs would start with it implemented.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If enabled, the addon should notice incoming spam mail as well and ignore the senders. This should keep you from receiving further mails from those individuals unless they create a new account.
  • Gronkagin.ESO
    Gronkagin.ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, it would be nice to have this autoreport them as well.
  • pjt15253
    pjt15253
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it would be nice to have this autoreport them as well.
    Ah, this again. If I could, I would. Unfortunately, though, this is not possible in the addon API. However, the nice thing with mail, is you can hit F1, and it auto-fills the name of the offender in the report form. That's about as close as you can get with auto-reporting though.
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    I've posted elsewhere (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/78912/autohotkey-script-to-auto-fill-the-gold-farmer-reporting-tool ) an AutoHotkey script that will auto-report, or as close as damnitt - it auto-fills the reporting form if you hit F12 while mouse-overing their name.

However, it currently won't work for pretty much anyone other than me, since it relies on my specific window resolution and UI scaling settings. I can probably fix that, but only if there's any interest to make it worthwhile. I reckon most people probably aren't interested in running AutoHotKey scripts.

I considered tying it into this add-on, but there seemed like too many risks, too much work, too little reward and absolutely no interest from anyone, so it feels like a giant waste of time to me.

Unless people would actually *use* it, I'd rather be playing the game than improving the script in ways that nobody will use.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why using some macroing tool (which is more or less a grey zone) if you can auto-fill the name by right clicking a name already?
  • robacooperb16_ESO
    robacooperb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got around to installing this to filter out not only the Gold Spammers but also trolls & complaining rants. Works surprisingly well once you set it up.
    The only negative experience in ESO is those that make it negative.
  • worrix
    worrix
    works very well.... now you have to ask why cant the servers do this?
  • thilog
    thilog
    ✭✭✭
    pjt15253 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

Been noticing a lot of gold spammers in chat already, so figured I'd make an addon to automatically add them to my ignore list. If anyone is interested, it's available on esoui.com at esoui.com/downloads/info89-SpamFilter.html.

Enjoy!

This is good,

Bug of sorts.
    but i keep adding myself to ignore list and my name doesnt show up, so i can't see when i'm sending pm's otherwise i can see all my other text. since I don't see myself on my own ignore list i can't remove myself from it...

• pjt15253
    pjt15253
    ✭✭✭
    thilog wrote: »
    pjt15253 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

Been noticing a lot of gold spammers in chat already, so figured I'd make an addon to automatically add them to my ignore list. If anyone is interested, it's available on esoui.com at esoui.com/downloads/info89-SpamFilter.html.

Enjoy!

This is good,

Bug of sorts.
    but i keep adding myself to ignore list and my name doesnt show up, so i can't see when i'm sending pm's otherwise i can see all my other text. since I don't see myself on my own ignore list i can't remove myself from it...
    Smart*** response: Then stop spamming :wink:
    Serious response: You can't add yourself to the ignore list (I know, the message SpamFilter puts out says something to the extend of "Ignoring *insert name here*", but if you watch closely, you'll see "Account not found" in the top right corner when it tries to ignore your own account). As for the other part of the issue - might have to try re-explaining that to me. Not sure exactly what you're getting at.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get yourself added, tell us the rule that's mentioned for you - or the heuristic score. Right now you'll have to do some very bad things to get a high enough score. :)
  • OrdainedFaun
    OrdainedFaun
    ✭✭
    I <3 U OP - thanks for the addon!
  • Reyeme
    Reyeme
    Soul Shriven
    Do you think you could add an auto-report? Would help Zeni prune away those economy ruining gold spammers!
    Edited by Reyeme on April 19, 2014 4:28PM
    'You are being elitest' is the excuse of the casuals who fail so hard the devs have to nerf content into the ground.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's not possible to "prefill" the whole report form or even submit it automatically. Also this is something we wouldn't add, even if it would be possible, simply because of the fact that this has several downsides. You might report innocent people just because they wrote the wrong text in chat and it would also be possible to be abused by spammers to push thousands of wrong accusations so the real incidents take a lot longer to process as well.