Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Actual State of ESO

• CE_Nex
    CE_Nex
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    "In regards to how a casual can be toxic, well, let's take this thread as an example."

You are assuming casual here. Reading other threads this person has posted in it seems he is more frustrated that his particular style of play is being left out of elite groups. He mentions finishing hard mode trials but can't find a group to finish the ones he still has left.

Ah, I was unware of any other threads they had made, my apologies. I retract my statement in regards to them being a casual. Though I still consider them toxic.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CE_Nex wrote: »
    "In regards to how a casual can be toxic, well, let's take this thread as an example."

You are assuming casual here. Reading other threads this person has posted in it seems he is more frustrated that his particular style of play is being left out of elite groups. He mentions finishing hard mode trials but can't find a group to finish the ones he still has left.

Ah, I was unware of any other threads they had made, my apologies. I retract my statement in regards to them being a casual. Though I still consider them toxic.

Not a problem at all. I kind of understand his frustration remembering back to when the PvP guild I was in dissolved. Still haven't found a good replacement. I wasn't as vocal in my disappointment though as we are seeing here.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is that toxic?
    PCNA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone genuinely interested what's a toxic casual, there are videos already made with pretty good explanation of what's that exactly and how it is affecting everyone in a bad way. If you don't like to sit through those you probably not that interested in a first place. It's the same as toxic elitists people are going on about, they are a thing no matter if we're facing them or not ourselves. There's one thing in common in both groups, the toxicity part, but reasons and how exactly it manifests is way different.
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Content creators get watched for WHO they are not WHAT they are making content of for the most part. Sure a hot game, or someone just starting out gets a leg up and added exposure. But someone who loves what they are doing, and is having a blast doing it makes better content pure and simple. These guys slugging away hating every second of it because the game is stale to them are going to put out stale content and it shows.

I still watch content creators from years ago for games I never play because they are just fun to watch and interact with live, or make funny content to watch later. The eco system of a content creator is made by themselves, not the game they are playing.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is that toxic?

I was responding to the label of casual. I believe the player to be more than just a casual player.
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    @kargen27 I created this topic to share the video and express my perspective on aspects that spoil the game. Although I could discuss other points, I believe I have already covered them in previous topics, so I won't reiterate them here.
    And does it matter if I'm a casual player or not? And if so, why? Also, what does that have to do with the current thread topic?
    I don't create topics to ask which motif is the most beautiful, even though I could. I create topics to discuss something that I personally dislike or what worries me. 99% of the time, I am the only one who doesn't like it and I seek out other perspectives.
    If you believe that I am toxic because of this and that you have the right to influence others with your opinion, that's your prerogative.
    Edited by Tradewind on April 26, 2023 10:17PM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tradewind wrote: »
    @kargen27 I created this topic to share the video and express my perspective on aspects that spoil the game. Although I could discuss other points, I believe I have already covered them in previous topics, so I won't reiterate them here.
    And does it matter if I'm a casual player or not? And if so, why? Also, what does that have to do with the current thread topic?
    I don't create topics to ask which motif is the most beautiful, even though I could. I create topics to discuss something that I personally dislike. 99% of the time, I am the only one who doesn't like it and I seek out other perspectives.
    If you believe that I am toxic because of this and that you have the right to influence others with your opinion, that's your prerogative.

The thread diverged and I commented on that divergence. I didn't offer up an opinion about toxicity one way or the other. I pointed out I believe you are more than a casual player. I only offered that up as a direct reply to the message that originally mentioned it. I put no extra nor no less importance to a players views based on their style or level of play. So casual or not doesn't matter to the overall thread but does matter to the one post I replied to.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »
    LarsS wrote: »
    That video is 4 months old! Nefas is more positive presently.

He changed a little and only did so because people are starting to get sick of these so-called content creators and their elitist crap. These guys have done nothing but make gamers lazy. They listen to everything they say. I have never liked this guy and never will. I never played mmos to make characters that elites tell me to make or they will kick me from a team. And now these jerks are talking about being paid.

He has a video called “toxic casuals” the video seems like gaslighting to me. I do not care for this guy.

I prefer people who display how to make a build and offer info without their own personal opinions that divide players.

There used to be a guy that had a channel just like what you wanted. He made builds and offered opinions that differed from these jerks. And they attacked him for it. So he left the game because these guys had their fanbase also go after him. Now he is very popular with GW2 and some other games. I will never forget what these guys did to that man He only wanted to help the non-elite players. His channel was growing popular and they couldn't have that.
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thread diverged and I commented on that divergence. I didn't offer up an opinion about toxicity one way or the other. I pointed out I believe you are more than a casual player. I only offered that up as a direct reply to the message that originally mentioned it. I put no extra nor no less importance to a players views based on their style or level of play. So casual or not doesn't matter to the overall thread but does matter to the one post I replied to.

Some people speak without hesitation about something they believe is not right. I'm one of those people who speak directly to the point without beating around the bush. If I think something is wrong, I say it.

Many people don't like me being like this, and it's easier to make enemies than friends. But either way, the day I stop expressing my opinion, following the basic rules of society, then the world is completely lost.

Many things are wrong within the game and I have already mentioned some of them. This time, I agree to disagree with NefasQS. Because if he predicts 2 years, I predict much less than that.
    The fact that players make deals with everything instead of focusing on the game is something that I find worrying. Many don't think so... that's fine. I do.

Despite the thread spanning three pages, few people actually discussed the topic at hand.
    Edited by Tradewind on April 26, 2023 10:30PM
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I frequently watch nefas streams of him doing writs while im doing writs 😆. Im not sure what he says most of the time because his voice is much lower than everybody else, but i enjoy hearing the random conversations among his guildies.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tradewind wrote: »

Some people speak without hesitation about something they believe is not right. I'm one of those people who speak directly to the point without beating around the bush. If I think something is wrong, I say it.

Many people don't like me being like this, and it's easier to make enemies than friends. But either way, the day I stop expressing my opinion, following the basic rules of society, then the world is completely lost.

Many things are wrong within the game and I have already mentioned some of them. This time, I agree to disagree with NefasQS. Because if he predicts 2 years, I predict much less than that.
    The fact that players make deals with everything instead of focusing on the game is something that I find worrying. Many don't think so... that's fine. I do.

Despite the thread spanning three pages, few people actually discussed the topic at hand.

I did get distracted from the main reason the thread was created. Getting back on topic I don't see selling runs as a problem at all. I see it as a reason the elite who can provide carries continue playing the game. Otherwise more might leave the game. With the gear I see it as a transaction much like anything purchased from the guild trader is a transaction. One player spends time in game making gold so they can purchase an item and another player spends time in the game farming the item they eventually sell.
    I do believe the game needs players repeating activities and taking part in a variety of activities for the game to stay healthy. That is why I don't like short cuts to playing being sold in the crown store and why I was opposed to account wide achievements. I also oppose almost anything players now request be made account wide.
    With carries and weapon runs I don't see a problem because all involved are still active in the game one way or another.
  • ZOS_Suserial
    ZOS_Suserial
    admin
    Hello everyone,

With this thread losing a constructive topic to discuss, and having derailed form the original topic. We're going to go ahead and close it down. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and on topic to avoid creating spam that will only derail the tread.

Thank you for understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_Suserial on April 26, 2023 11:22PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Community Rules | Code-of-Conduct | Terms-of-Service | ESO-Home | ESO-Help
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.