Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Thoughts of a Random Guy on Necrom Changes to HA / Heavy-Attack builds & on Arcanist

• INM
    INM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tradewind wrote: »
    [*] Casual 2-bar players can achieve 110k.
    That's simply not true. Casual 2-bar players have hard time reaching twice as less.
    Options
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Empower: Reduced this bonus to 70%, down from 80%.
    Developer Comment:
    Since we've started working on Heavy Attack build viability in the past year, we've seen a massive surge in their use, which is absolutely phenomenal for seeing more players being able to participate in end-game content at a much more digestible pace. While we're happy to see these builds being ran, we're seeing these builds inch a little too close to some of the high end builds with how much more simplified they are, and in some rare cases, they're outperforming a standard build. We're cutting down the damage bonus here ever so slightly in hopes that when you have Empower with a bunch of other Heavy Attack bonus sets, the numbers are still nice and juicy, but not as close to a full-on Light Attack build.

I just read the reason for Zenimax planning the nerf, and I'm feeling pretty sad about it.
    From my observations:
    • Players who specialize in HA builds are currently limited to parsing no more than 105k.
    • Top-tier players using 2-bars builds can easily parse 125k
    • Casual 2-bar players can achieve 110k.
    • Casual players using HA are typically unable to exceed 70k in this context.

Unfortunately, Zenimax developers are choosing to nerf HA builds, seemingly targeting a small group of skilled players. Even if these players can't outperform the top-tier 2-bar players.
    It's disappointing to see this type of targeted nerfing that favors top-tier 2-bar players and without any reason, while potentially harming more casual players and those who rely on HA builds because real-life disabilities.

Agreed that’s why I have been trying to be active to give my opinions as someone who relies on this play style now that it exists as someone with physical limitations. I hope they reconsider their changes and find another way to… handle this.
    Options
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Me neither: I just did a 10 minute DPS test on a 21m trial dummy and got about 17.5k, so I clearly don't have a clue. :(

I did my first one today on.a trial dummy and got 60k on a regular dummy I get between 24-25 k now.

With the nerf I’d assume I’ll
    Be at around 21-22 k on normal and maybe 52k max on the trial dummy.

I’m more upset about how it affects the basic dummy as I’m trying to focus on solo play without buffs and thus will def take a massive hit to plays like me who want to eventually complete vet solo arenas.

What is your set up gear wise and rotation?

With a normal weaving set up I was getting around 16k on a normal dummy so one bar HA builds really kicked me up big time.

My issue was I can’t keep weaving due to carpal
    Tunnel it makes it hard to be consistent despite actually being pretty good at the act of weaving it’s self.
    Edited by isadoraisacat on April 21, 2023 8:59AM
    Options
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Me neither: I just did a 10 minute DPS test on a 21m trial dummy and got about 17.5k, so I clearly don't have a clue. :(

Only a very small number of players are capable of achieving close (but allways less) DPS as many top-tier 2-bar players, It's clear that HA players will never outperform professional 2-bar players. However, it's easy to understand why Zenimax would want to favor top-tier 2-bar players.
    What's difficult to comprehend is why Zenimax would choose to penalize so many other players just to cater to a small group. Such a decision will negatively affect a significant portion of the player base and create an unfair imbalance within the game. Zenimax need to consider the impact of their decisions on all players, not just a select few.
    Options
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing people achieve immortal redeemer and dawnbringer in less than 3 weeks with 1 Bar builds, kinda makes me sad. Now they go for Godslayer. I know every player in that group on ps5 and I also know that they couldn't even clear the hardmode without 1 bar sorcs.

I needed months on a regular setup to achieve that and it was very sweaty. We thought we achieved something special but now we asked ourselves: "have we waisted our time".

Older titles are already easy to do with medium armor and that made the titles worth less already but that 1 bar thing absolutely annihilated any worth the titles ever had. Literally anyone can do this. You can stand in every Aoe, don't need to think and just hold 1 button. Don't know why all people embrace this.

Clearing dungeons and vet trials with this is fine but being able to clear trifectas effortless is another story, that's why I am greatful for the nerfs. It won't be useless, you can still clear all vet content but you probably won't be able to get trifectas done in time which is a good thing.
    Edited by beer781993 on April 21, 2023 9:26AM
    Options
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    INM wrote: »
    That's simply not true. Casual 2-bar players have hard time reaching twice as less.

Ok. It's true that some players may not be capable of achieving the same level of DPS as others, even among casual players.
    We can say:
    1. Casual 2-bar players can achieve 70k. Same DPS as HA casual players (but same here, some players may not be capable of achieving 70k)
    However, just because some players may struggle with a particular build doesn't necessarily mean it's fair to ask for a nerf to other casual builds.
    Nerfing HA due to a few players (Top tier HA players) is still unfair.

beer781993 wrote: »
    Seeing people achieve immortal redeemer and dawnbringer in less than 3 weeks with 1 Bar builds, kinda makes me sad. Now they go for Godslayer. I know every player in that group on ps5 and I also know that they couldn't even clear the hardmode without 1 bar sorcs.

I needed months on a regular setup to achieve that and it was very sweaty. We thought we achieved something special but now we asked ourselves: "have we waisted our time".

Older titles are already easy to do with medium armor and that made the titles worth less already but that 1 bar thing absolutely annihilated any worth the titles ever had. Literally anyone can do this. You can stand in every Aoe, don't need to think and just hold 1 button. Don't know why all people embrace this.

Clearing dungeons and vet trials with this is fine but being able to clear trifectas effortless is another story, that's why I am greatful for the nerfs. It won't be useless, you can still clear all vet content but you probably won't be able to get trifectas done in time which is a good thing.

And?
    Is it fair that any player can buy the Godslayer title or pay for IR, but it's considered unfair to use an HA build to achieve these same accomplishments? Why?
    It's important to remember that HA builds don't guarantee success in trials or other content. Players still need to have a strong understanding of the mechanics and put in the effort to achieve these goals.
    Using an HA build can certainly make attempting harder content more enjoyable, but it doesn't provide an advantage in terms of knowledge or experience.
    Edited by Tradewind on April 21, 2023 9:42AM
    Options
  • INM
    INM
    ✭✭✭✭
    However, just because some players may struggle with a particular build doesn't necessarily mean it's fair to ask for a nerf to other casual builds.
    Trust me, ZoS doesn't give a damn about people that are asking for a nerf, they operate only based on their internal data. They punched the endgame community with their balance changes so many times over the years that this particular nerf seems like a minor inconvenience. I wouldn't blink an eye from any regular patch, because skills and sets are constantly shifted by 60% up and down. I know that it's not a good feeling when you get nerfed, but most of the time people are overreacting.

I don't want to discuss whether it was justified or not, but if ZoS decided to nerf it then they think these build are overperforming,and it will be nerfed in one form or another regardless of complaints, they didn't back down on u35 even if there was a bigger backlash with the involvement of the whole community and I doubt it will be the case there.

Honestly, I'm surprised that they nerfed it at all, I thought it would be ZoS' untouchable holy cow.
    Edited by INM on April 21, 2023 9:51AM
    Options
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok. It's true that some players may not be capable of achieving the same level of DPS as others, even among casual players.
    We can say:
    1. Casual 2-bar players can achieve 70k. Same DPS as HA casual players (but same here, some players may not be capable of achieving 70k)
    Nerfing HA due to a few players (Top tier HA players) is still unfair.

And?
    Is it fair that any player can buy the Godslayer title or pay for IR, but it's considered unfair to use an HA build to achieve these same accomplishments? Why?
    It's important to remember that HA builds don't guarantee success in trials or other content. Players still need to have a strong understanding of the mechanics and put in the effort to achieve these goals.
    Using an HA build can certainly make attempting harder content more enjoyable, but it doesn't provide an advantage in terms of knowledge or experience.

It's more than fair to nerf it. It's not fair that you are able to get through trifectas without doing any work. Lol I tried it in vas+2. You don't need any understanding. You just press heavy attack shield while eating every kite aoe, standing in the mini cone and just block when the main boss jumps. All this mechanics would one shot a regular player. You don't need to switch targets. You just focus the boss and the ha cleaves the mini. You don't even need timers for the minis anymore. Bro you don't need to do anything.

The nerf doesn't destroy it, it just makes it harder to get high tier titles. As I sad you can still clear anything with ease.

You are even able to put out more damage in certain situations than a regular build. When the target is moving for example you do more damage than any 2 bar build which is ridiculous. No skill required.
    Edited by beer781993 on April 21, 2023 9:51AM
    Options
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trust me, ZoS doesn't give a damn about people that are asking for a nerf, they operate only based on their internal data. They punched the endgame community with their balance changes so many times over the years that this particular nerf seems like a minor inconvenience. I wouldn't blink an eye from any regular patch, because skills and sets are constantly shifted by 60% up and down. I know that it's not a good feeling when you get nerfed, but most of the time people are overreacting.

I don't want to discuss whether it was justified or not, but if ZoS decided to nerf it then they think these build are overperforming,and it will be nerfed in one form or another regardless of complaints, they didn't back down on u35 even if there was a bigger backlash with the involvement of the whole community and I doubt it will be the case there.

Honestly, I'm surprised that they nerfed it at all, I thought it would be ZoS' untouchable holy cow.

I agree with you completely, and I'm doing everything I can to prevent Zenimax from nerfing HA builds. The truth is, there's no need to nerf any builds, classes, or skills at this time. While we all know that Dragonknights are currently very strong, there are other builds and classes that are equally powerful. Instead of nerfing, Zenimax should focus on buffing certain skills or items.

In my opinion, there's simply no justification for nerfing HA builds. It doesn't make sense, and it will only hurt players who enjoy this playstyle. I understand that Zenimax may not care about my opinion or others who share my concerns, but I will leave the game with a clear conscience, knowing that I did everything I could to prevent this unnecessary change.

The nerf doesn't destroy it, it just makes it harder to get high tier titles.

It doesn't seem any harder when Zenimax allows us to buy rides.
    Why is it fair to pay for a ride, but not fair to press a button to get where you need to go? Help me understand this.
    Edited by Tradewind on April 21, 2023 10:04AM
    Options
  • INM
    INM
    ✭✭✭✭
    The truth is, there's no need to nerf any builds, classes, or skills at this time.
    I disagree with that. "Don't nerf, alway buff" mentality will lead to rapid power creep that will lead to encounter's design power creep. It's presented to a certain degree even now as seen in the design of 2 last trials, but it's going to be much worse.
    Options
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    The truth is, there's no need to nerf any builds, classes, or skills at this time.
    I disagree with that. "Don't nerf, alway buff" mentality will lead to rapid power creep that will lead to encounter's design power creep. It's presented to a certain degree even now as seen in the design of 2 last trials, but it's going to be much worse.

What i try to say was:
    Why not buff classes like Nightblade or Templar to have the same DPS as Dragonknight? Or even Necromancer? Why does Dragonknight have to be the best DPS class? Instead of needlessly nerfing builds, Zenimax should improve other classes to keep them at the same level as Dragonknight.
    Options
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree with you completely, and I'm doing everything I can to prevent Zenimax from nerfing HA builds. The truth is, there's no need to nerf any builds, classes, or skills at this time. While we all know that Dragonknights are currently very strong, there are other builds and classes that are equally powerful. Instead of nerfing, Zenimax should focus on buffing certain skills or items.

In my opinion, there's simply no justification for nerfing HA builds. It doesn't make sense, and it will only hurt players who enjoy this playstyle. I understand that Zenimax may not care about my opinion or others who share my concerns, but I will leave the game with a clear conscience, knowing that I did everything I could to prevent this unnecessary change.

The nerf doesn't destroy it, it just makes it harder to get high tier titles.

It doesn't seem any harder when Zenimax allows us to buy rides.
    Why is it fair to pay for a ride, but not fair to press a button to get where you need to go? Help me understand this.

Yea wanna see how many people pay over 100 million gold for a Godslayer carry (even more on pc). Maybe 1 or 2 here and there and they are usually black listed by the carry guilds and everybody knows they are just carried. 1 bar people doing that for free and their number increases making the titles worth absolutely nothing. Nothing special to achieve. Then people bragging when they have no clue about the game. No sorry but that challenges motivate for a reason because they are tied to hard work. Casuals can get every item in the game with 1 bar builds, clear every hardmode why is that not enough? Difficulties exist for a reason. You can play just vet or normal and if you decide to get good you go into the challenging content and prog trifectas. That challenge is made for the elite, who have the passion and the time to improve and push forward. You don't even get anything special. Just a title and maybe 1 mount. So leave that to people that deserve it with hard work.
    Edited by beer781993 on April 21, 2023 10:19AM
    Options
  • INM
    INM
    ✭✭✭✭
    What i try to say was:
    Why not buff classes like Nightblade or Templar to have the same DPS as Dragonknight? Or even Necromancer? Why does Dragonknight have to be the best DPS class? Instead of needlessly nerfing builds, Zenimax should improve other classes to keep them at the same level as Dragonknight.

Because it's impossible to balance everything to perform equally, there always will be outliers and you'll be stuck with a vicious cycle of buffing everything to the point that vRG turns into vFG1 (it's an exaggeration, but it's how power creep works).
    Options
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look at it like this, Oakensoul failed at one key point, it's not an accesability tool for everyone, sure heavy attack users got acces to end game HM content, in AS oakensoul makes up 24/25 top parses, so arguably also a little overtuned, but everyone not high above 100k dps and not interested in heavy attack builds were essentially pushed out of content and groups they could previously engage with, as the floor was raised, but not everyone came up with it. This is one of the dangers of lifting the floor, as a high ceiling won't push people out, a high floor will. Having oakensoul heavy attack users doing less dps means that people who don't wish to engage with heavy attack builds, for just as valid reasons as people who don't like weaving or bar swap, but also aren't top performers can now play on par with the floor, and won't feel forced into a play style they don't like to stay relevant.
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
    Options
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    What i try to say was:

Because it's impossible to balance everything to perform equally, there always will be outliers and you'll be stuck with a vicious cycle of buffing everything to the point that vRG turns into vFG1 (it's an exaggeration, but it's how power creep works).

"It' impossible to balance everything to perform equally"
    "vRG turns into vFG1"

Some players break world records of vTrial HM faster than you or I can complete vFG1. Is it fairer to nerf HA builds than 2-bar builds in this context? (It's just one context, I'm not asking for a nerf to 2-bars)
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Empower: Reduced this bonus to 70%, down from 80%.
    Developer Comment:
    Since we've started working on Heavy Attack build viability in the past year, we've seen a massive surge in their use, which is absolutely phenomenal for seeing more players being able to participate in end-game content at a much more digestible pace. While we're happy to see these builds being ran, we're seeing these builds inch a little too close to some of the high end builds with how much more simplified they are, and in some rare cases, they're outperforming a standard build. We're cutting down the damage bonus here ever so slightly in hopes that when you have Empower with a bunch of other Heavy Attack bonus sets, the numbers are still nice and juicy, but not as close to a full-on Light Attack build.

I just read the reason for Zenimax planning the nerf, and I'm feeling pretty sad about it.
    From my observations:
    • Players who specialize in HA builds are currently limited to parsing no more than 105k.
    • Top-tier players using 2-bars builds can easily parse 125k
    • Casual 2-bar players can achieve 110k.
    • Casual players using HA are typically unable to exceed 70k in this context.

Unfortunately, Zenimax developers are choosing to nerf HA builds, seemingly targeting a small group of skilled players. Even if these players can't outperform the top-tier 2-bar players.
    It's disappointing to see this type of targeted nerfing that favors top-tier 2-bar players and without any reason, while potentially harming more casual players and those who rely on HA builds because real-life disabilities.

Casual 2 bar players are able to achieve 110k? Well that made me chuckle a bit. Casual two bar players struggle to break 90k on a dummy. 100k is often their dream goal they need to work weeks or months to achieve and in real content due to their rotation being more complicated their DPS will start dropping significantly, way more than DPS of HA players who have way less things to monitor since they are ranged, they have no issue with sustain, they have higher base defense and way less complicated rotation.

On the other hand You can get past 80k on a heavy attack setup just by holding 1 button.
    Options
  • INM
    INM
    ✭✭✭✭

"It' impossible to balance everything to perform equally"
    "vRG turns into vFG1"

Some players break world records of vTrial HM faster than you or I can complete vFG1. Is it fairer to nerf HA builds than 2-bar builds in this context? (It's just one context, I'm not asking for a nerf to 2-bars)

Sorry, i'm just don't follow on what are you trying to imply, I'm not justifing nerfs of HA, I'm explaying why it's impossible to "not nerf". Even with nerfs, top times in vSA + 2 has dropped from 7:31 to 1:56 in 4 years. Without nerfs in could be like sub minute, I dunno.
    Options
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »
    On the other hand You can get past 80k on a heavy attack setup just by holding 1 button.

Post a YouTube video of someone doing 80k DPS by pressing just one button, instead of just a parse screenshot. Show us the proof.
    Edited by Tradewind on April 21, 2023 11:37AM
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Post a YouTube video of someone doing 80k DPS by pressing just one button, instead of just a parse screenshot. Show us the proof.

I already did that few pages earlier. 83k to be exact.

Actually I'll make it easy for You here You go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOBjX6xPw20
    Edited by Galeriano on April 21, 2023 11:42AM
    Options
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, i'm just don't follow on what are you trying to imply, I'm not justifing nerfs of HA, I'm explaying why it's impossible to "not nerf". Even with nerfs, top times in vSA + 2 has dropped from 7:31 to 1:56 in 4 years. Without nerfs in could be like sub minute, I dunno.

In you opinion this: this is more fair than complete vAS+2 in 1:56?
    Options
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually I'll make it easy for You here You go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOBjX6xPw20

Ok.
    Let's discuss why you are able to achieve high DPS. Zenimax improved heavy attack builds, which allows players to perform better with only one bar. This change was made because many players struggle with using two bars. With this improvement, 99% of players can achieve high DPS with just one button. However, it is possible to reach even higher DPS (up to 130k) by using two bars and mastering the rotation. Unfortunately, not everyone is able to use both bars effectively. So, why penalize those who cannot perform better?
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both are fair. Both were done by a group of very skilled players mastering their craft for years.

It's like asking is Usain Bolt existance is fair. Do You think everyone should be given some performance enhancing drugs because there are some sprinters who can run exceptionally fast without them?
    Options
  • INM
    INM
    ✭✭✭✭

And what it should prove? That if 12 people can nuke Cloudrest in 2.5 minutes then you should be bother around balancing around everything else?
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Yeah I don’t have gold enchants yet either I’m not capable of making them yet :( but yeah mostly meant getting divines on all my gear / gold staff with best trait best enchants etc but I’m very far from being able to do all
    That

If you're on PC NA or PC EU, tell me what enchants you need and how many of each type and I will craft them for you (no charge) and send them along tomorrow. I would need your in game ID of course.

Oh wow thanks a lot. I’m on NA server pc.
    My id should be the same as my idea here isadoraisacat

Well for my staff I definitely want the one that gives the most damage for staff. Than for my jewelry and amors prob ones that gives the most boost to magic (I actually don’t know a lot about enchanting ) so maybe you can recommend?

Either use poison or shock enchant on the staff, all magicka Glyphs on the armor, all physical or magical harm Glyphs on jewelry (really doesn't matter as the only difference is a slight bit of stam or mag sustain)

Ok cool yeah I’m a magsorc

Poison really ? I thought that would be for a non magic build. And that’s better than a weapon damage one ? I think on it now it’s “life drain” which is useless as my pet can heal me to full very fast plus my companion who is a healer anyway.

From people smarter than me, on an Oakenbuild the weapon damage Berserk glyph doesn't outperform Poison or Flame. Poison or flame (same dps) will be the highest damage in a group setting, and shock will likely eek out Poison or flame in a more solo setting (as you'll have better minor Vulnerability uptime)

Since I’m mostly solo save for some group stuff but focus on solo what would you recommend that would also work still if I ended up in a nornal dungeon or vet dungeon at some point ?

I'll be honest: the difference is likely marginal. If you're mostly solo I'd go with shock - it'll be a little more bursty for your everyday mobs and in dungeons it'll do almost as well as poison (maybe even better if no one else is providing good Minor Vulnerability uptime).

Does a Shock enchantment matter much for Off-Balance uptime, or are the heavy attacks themselves likely to proc Concussion sufficiently often?

I haven't tried very hard yet to test, although now that we have a PTS again ...

(Context -- I duo a lot, so one of us should probably have Infused Crusher.)

Heavy attacks cannot proc status effects. Despite being affected by things like increased flame/frost/shock/physical damage, they cannot proc their respective status effects (nor can they proc things like Burning Spell Weave's proc).

Therefore, yes - the shock enchant will provide a much better uptime on concussed.
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok.
    Let's discuss why you are able to achieve high DPS. Zenimax improved heavy attack builds, which allows players to perform better with only one bar. This change was made because many players struggle with using two bars. With this improvement, 99% of players can achieve high DPS with just one button. However, it is possible to reach even higher DPS (up to 130k) by using two bars and mastering the rotation. Unfortunately, not everyone is able to use both bars effectively. So, why penalize those who cannot perform better?

99% of players wont achieve that 130k. Why is 1% of top playerbase even discussed when we are talking about what average person can do?

You call it penalizing I call it balancing. It's really not a penalty if You get Your DPS nerfed by 5-10% after You got it buffed by 50+%. 80k on a dumny is more than enough to complete all veteran and majority of HM content and it's now possibile by holding 1 button which is not healthy for the game in the long run.
    Options
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭

And what it should prove? That if 12 people can nuke Cloudrest in 2.5 minutes then you should be bother around balancing around everything else?
    Yes. why not?
    Zenimax is nerfing HA build because it's becoming close to elite players. Why not buff all other classes to match the strength of DragonKnight, why not focus on balancing the gameplay for all classes?

99% of players wont achieve that 130k. Why is 1% of top playerbase even discussed when we are talking about what average person can do?

You call it penalizing I call it balancing. It's really not a penalty if You get Your DPS nerfed by 5-10% after You got it buffed by 50+%. 80k on a dumny is more than enough to complete all veteran and majority of HM content and it's now possibile by holding 1 button which is not healthy for the game in the long run.

That's true, some players can achieve 130k dps, but it's not easy. However, many players struggle to even use 2 bars effectively. So, why penalize all players for not being able to perform at that level?
    Edited by Tradewind on April 21, 2023 12:53PM
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What i try to say was:

Because there will be always the best class. True balance where everything is 100% equall is impossible and as long some class is even 2% stronger than others it will become a meta by definition.

Nerfs are also as needed as buffs to keep things healthy and balanced. You can't just endlesly buff everything. Even despite nerfs our DPS is still going up because nerfs are actually an outcome of series of buffs. People just have tendency to be more vocal when things are nerfed rather then when they are buffed.
    Edited by Galeriano on April 21, 2023 1:22PM
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. why not?
    Zenimax is nerfing HA build because it's becoming close to elite players. Why not buff all other classes to match the strength of DragonKnight, why not focus on balancing the gameplay for all classes?

That's true, some players can achieve 130k dps, but it's not easy. However, many players struggle to even use 2 bars effectively. So, why penalize all players for not being able to perform at that level?

You got the answer to Your questions in my comment that You're quoting. 80k+ with one button is simply not healthy for the game in the long run.

Fact that setup like this exist is actually penalizing average two bar user. Is it fair for 1 button with no practice to produce more DPS than average two bar user? Do You find it healthy when ALL VETERAN AND MAJORITY OF HARD MODE CONTENT can be cleared with one button?
    Edited by Galeriano on April 21, 2023 1:35PM
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Yeah I don’t have gold enchants yet either I’m not capable of making them yet :( but yeah mostly meant getting divines on all my gear / gold staff with best trait best enchants etc but I’m very far from being able to do all
    That

If you're on PC NA or PC EU, tell me what enchants you need and how many of each type and I will craft them for you (no charge) and send them along tomorrow. I would need your in game ID of course.

Oh wow thanks a lot. I’m on NA server pc.
    My id should be the same as my idea here isadoraisacat

Well for my staff I definitely want the one that gives the most damage for staff. Than for my jewelry and amors prob ones that gives the most boost to magic (I actually don’t know a lot about enchanting ) so maybe you can recommend?

Either use poison or shock enchant on the staff, all magicka Glyphs on the armor, all physical or magical harm Glyphs on jewelry (really doesn't matter as the only difference is a slight bit of stam or mag sustain)

I just sent the ones he listed off to you. Let me know if you need others later. Best of luck to you going forward.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what is wrong with the game.

The “I did it this way so everyone else must too” gang. The ones that proscribe how others must play the game. (How very dare they even attempt such titles!).

Those in one of my guilds who are the kind of dps gods who get trifectas are the ones actively encouraging those less ‘blessed’ to use one bar builds just so they can do the vet trials. We even run onebar trials to help people get clears.

Using these builds does not guarantee a clear, let alone a trifecta, but makes it a bit more possible. So calm down dear & let people enjoy themselves.

And so what if they get the titles? Why get so upset? This a game - it’s meant to fun, not punishment!

Options
This discussion has been closed.