Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Member the Days?

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember having to group up for Doshia. And being scared to sneak into the next zone because the mobs were way higher level than me. And those dolmen anchors dropping being a truly hair-raising sight!

Not to mention paying for a subscription without any ESO+ because without a sub, we couldn’t play the game.

dolmen spawning is still extremely fascinating and epic to me, even nearly 9 years later lol

i remember the brief period of time when the only way to get ruby mats was deconing items from imperial city, because there was no naturally spawning material node for the ruby mats at the time

miss the days of selling ruby ingots for 300g each lol (and yes you still needed like 150-160 of them to make a vet level 16 item lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »
    I remember the days when Gathongor the Mauler was a crocodile. He nowadays is an argonian behemoth.

I remember shadowcasters being something to evade from in Northern Craglorn while farming nirncrux. I remember getting eaten alive by mudcrabs in Malabal Tor, because I was but a level 20 something.

I remember overlevelling quests and being sad because I couldn't finish them because they were worthless. I remember using the exploration trait to maximise XP from discovering points of interest.

The exploration trait...

i-remember-this-neo.gif
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when nobody had to ask how to find the Main Quest or how to play the game in chronological order.

Also, the thrill of soloing an at-level Dolmen for the first time.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember Craglorn wasps.

Also, I miss the days when crafting gear was important.

I have fond memories of fleeing from Craglorn wasps because I accidentally got too close. :smile:

I also remember when achievements mattered.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 23, 2023 6:34PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso Uninstalled
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I have fond memories of fleeing from Craglorn wasps because I accidentally got too close. :smile:

...and one of the Craglorn enchanter surveys was in a wasp nest, so people would be asking for help in the zone chat...
    Options
  • Piojo
    Piojo
    ✭✭✭
    The Silvenar quest bug. *ugh* Waiting for it to spawn only to have maybe 1-3 people get the flag, and having to wait all over again.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

achievements still matter to me

in my opinion they are far far less painful now for numerous reasons:
    • cant do all content on my main because hes not built for it
    • can use an appropriate title for a character based on something i have done regardless which one i earned it on
    • dont have to remember which character has an achievement if i want to buy something from achievement furnisher
    • "grindy" achievements like slayer achievements in dungeons can be progressed collectively instead of requiring grinding on 1 single character

that was always a gripe i had in the early days, i tried to do all content on my main because i had to for achievements, but there was a lot of content he was not suited for (such as pvp) so that was never going to happen

eventually i just gave up on that and just tried to complete content on whichever toon i had that was appropriate, then it became an annoyance if i wanted to buy something from the achievement furnisher and i had to log in a specific toon to buy the item
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • AliasRed
    AliasRed
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember falling through the world.
    I remember bards actually singing elder scrolls songs such as red diamond (I think I remember that!)
    I remember not being high enough level to use most of the gear I picked up.
    I remember not being able to TP everywhere (sometimes taking the long way somewhere is quite nice)
    Options
  • Jack-0
    Jack-0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tm1im94t14kx.png

I 'member Doshia and having to give up and go level up some more before I could defeat her.

I 'member grinding VR ranks on repeatable Cyrodiil dailies as I'd already done every one-off quest in the game and dungeons were hard back then.

I 'member when I did 800 dps and was worried it wasn't enough for trials (it was).

I 'member when Cyrodiil was full of other players AND animals.

I 'member when horses each had their own 3 traits to train up individually per horse.

I 'member using DK Leap to jump up inside enemy keeps.

I 'member my absent friends, disheartened and gone from the game now. There are too many to list, but a big shout out to Zapatista (last online 7 months ago) and Sha (last online 37 months ago) <3
    Edited by Jack-0 on February 23, 2023 8:09PM
    Options
  • Lonestryder
    Lonestryder
    ✭✭✭
    Remember when there was no clown store, or crates?
    Options
  • Soriana
    Soriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I member when going into sneak would leave a very dark circle around your character so zone call outs were made to try and 'Black Out' Mournhold!
    Options
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember crafting Fishy Sticks and selling them in the guild traders.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Being able to go to specific zones to farm specific mats; and giggling while one shotting beginning zone critters that terrorized my character when she started out. And yes, she is still traumatized by the original Craglorn wasps.....

Yep, going back for revenge on mobs or bosses you had trouble killing, or in some cases skipped, was all part of the fun, and wandering off the road in Craglorn was almost certain death.

Having to go to specific towns to hand in specific level writs was something that I won't miss.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »
    Being able to go to specific zones to farm specific mats; and giggling while one shotting beginning zone critters that terrorized my character when she started out. And yes, she is still traumatized by the original Craglorn wasps.....

Yep, going back for revenge on mobs or bosses you had trouble killing, or in some cases skipped, was all part of the fun, and wandering off the road in Craglorn was almost certain death.

Having to go to specific towns to hand in specific level writs was something that I won't miss.

i remember clearing all of those craglorn delves back in the day, during vet ranks, pre-nerf craglorn lol

most of those were harder than the group dungeons at the time (balamath and shadas tear were particularly painful)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when PvP worked and population caps were 400/faction vs. the 80/faction today, and group size was 24/group vs. only 12/group today.

Those are my fondest membories.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss leisurely walking on top of my horse through town.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ground oils
    limited forward camps (only 1 player could spawn)
    indestructible bridges (bridge war for dayz yo!)
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
    Options
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Remember Doshia?
    Remember Vet Levels?
    Remember Leveled Zones?
    Remember 2k+ Wep/Spell Dmg being high?
    Remember the Vvardenfell hype?
    Remember Stormproof being the Title?
    Remember Viper's Sting?
    Remember siegable Resource Towers?
    Remember Ancient Elf, Daedric, Imperial style books being valuable?

What do you member?

Yeah. Pepperidge Farm remembers...
    The legend has retired (2015 - 2024).
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dual wield sorcs (the first time)
    Blazing Shield builds
    Nightblade sap tanks
    DKs being so OP they were unkillable
    DKs being so trash they had to permablock
    When sorcs had huge shields and no limit on streaks... but shredded like paper if caught with shields down
    Ground oils
    Bridges and gates that didn't take damage
    Resource tower doors
    DKs leaping onto and chaining up to keep walls
    When templars were the only healers
    OG Craglorn
    Getting excited for the Lich boss at dolmens

When choosing a class meant something
    Options
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember gold sellers spamming zone chat and legions of bots on their endless marches. Sure, people still find bots these days, but back in 2014 it was ridiculous. If I'm not mistaken, the reason names in the game can't have the same letter repeated three times consecutively is the blasted bots with their meaningless, possibly randomly-generated names. Not the fondest of memories, of course.

I remember when non-combat pets were inventory items and there were so few of them. Harold the Mudcrab has a comfortable place in one of my homes, which is the least I could do for my first pet.

I remember when Vaults of Madness was considered hard, which was even before the nightmarish Crypt of Hearts 2: Daedric Bogaloo. Grothdarr was a bad boy back then.

I remember when I was still clueless in this game. Oh wait, that was last week.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember when provisioning wasn't as streamlined. There was three times as many recipes, and more ingredients of which Moon sugar was one.

I remember when stealing wasn't a thing. You could go into any house, loot any container.

I remember when the quests around Davon's Watch had a different story.

I remember when you couldn't sit on chairs. If you wanted to role-play sitting at a table, you needed to find a gap and use the emote /sitchair.

I remember when you had harder named versions of common enemies you could find around Craglorn.

I remember when they introduced cross faction grouping for dungeons and trials, before One Tamriel, where it put everyone as AD to make it work.

I remember when you leveled your horse, not your character, to around 50 and got a blanket under the saddle as a visual upgrade.

I remember npc guard contacts where sold in Cyrodiil.

I remember when you could bloodport to forward camps, and also that you had a limit of about ten per faction.

I remember when weighted was a weapon trait, in case anyone still thinks animation canceling was intended.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember Doshia?
    Remember Vet Levels?
    Remember Leveled Zones?
    Remember 2k+ Wep/Spell Dmg being high?
    Remember the Vvardenfell hype?
    Remember Stormproof being the Title?
    Remember Viper's Sting?
    Remember siegable Resource Towers?
    Remember Ancient Elf, Daedric, Imperial style books being valuable?

What do you member?

i actually still have a viper set -- with a bow --- and i have an unbound purple viper ring
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    ground oils

I still have a limited forward camp. Will never use it.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I remember npc guard contacts where sold in Cyrodiil.

I still have one of these in the bank.

I saw someone deploy one on the steps of Roe a couple years ago. It stood there and fought for about two minutes before despawning. So they still work. But considering what the few remaining contracts sell for, it's a rich persons folly to use.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    me_ming wrote: »
    Remember Doshia?

My god. YES! lol. The pain that was Doshia. haha. Overland boss fights feeling like actually bosses and how they feel like an achievement to beat rather than just an afterthought. And Doshia wasn't even a boss o.O

Doshia was my first could not finish until I leveled up significantly quest. I tried and tried until I couldn't stand it anymore, then came back after I hit level cap, LOL, back when zones didn't level scale with you.
    Tandor wrote: »
    I remember character-based and recorded progression.

Yes, I feel that too. I miss the individual stories I told with my individual character achievements.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
    Options
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    ground oils

I still have a limited forward camp. Will never use it.

still have one in my bank also :D
    uvkoxbpzrpsg.jpg
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
    Options
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m not sure if this has been mentioned but..

1) Soft caps on stats. Stats turned orange at a certain point and had diminishing returns.
    2) Stamina builds sucked. 95% of class abilities were magicka based, and most of them were better than the weapon abilities.
    3) Blind abilities. I think Templar had one and dual wield had one. You could make another player miss their attacks for like 5 seconds LOL

Here’s a picture of soft caps on stats. Don’t ask me about my build I’m sure it was terrible!

bukpbg7izfqk.jpeg
    Edited by Stx on February 24, 2023 11:23PM
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I remember when PvP worked and population caps were 400/faction vs. the 80/faction today, and group size was 24/group vs. only 12/group today.

Those are my fondest membories.

Funny thing is that the lag is still there....
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember it very well when i just defeated molag bal, felt super op and and was then killed by the first wasp in craglorn.

PS5|EU
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember having to group up for Doshia. And being scared to sneak into the next zone because the mobs were way higher level than me. And those dolmen anchors dropping being a truly hair-raising sight!

Not to mention paying for a subscription without any ESO+ because without a sub, we couldn’t play the game.
    Part of the problem with Doshia is that she was one of the first hard enemies we faced and we could not group for her.
    People tried to kill her a twice then they tried to group up and it did not work.
    And obviously people had horrible gear and did not know how to play.
    Reaching coldharbor as VR1 harvesters was not as scary anymore.
    Repeatably wiping on first trash in fungal grotto on the other hand.

But my favorite, reached VR 1 but wanted more skill points so I went back and did the public dungeons I had avoided, to hard and did not want to out level zones.
    First was Toothmaul Gully in Auridon, very easy as it was an level 10 something place but so many low level players struggling so I told people to join me, did a couple of rounds then got some others to take over.
    Went back some hours later and group was still orbiting.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options