Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Member the Days?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Remember Doshia?
Remember Vet Levels?
Remember Leveled Zones?
Remember 2k+ Wep/Spell Dmg being high?
Remember the Vvardenfell hype?
Remember Stormproof being the Title?
Remember Viper's Sting?
Remember siegable Resource Towers?
Remember Ancient Elf, Daedric, Imperial style books being valuable?

What do you member?
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've even forgot about towers being indestructible now. A shame really.
    Options
  • WoodenHeart
    WoodenHeart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember being able to fire off a whole bunch of mementos at the same time, so you could be in a big spotlight of many colors. I miss that. This one-at-a-time thing is so boring now.

I remember that awful Daggerfall bank lady, who blathered on and on and on and on and on before you could bank your items.

I remember the little groups of wasps in Craglorn being so terrifying... and some mudcrabs could kill you!

I remember logging in to actually play the game, not just to collect the daily junk and do a few endeavors and log back out.

Options
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember...

1. The 21st night of September,
    2. The Alamo
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The drum roll sound of accidentally wandering into a group zone in Craglorn when you were woefully underpowered and dying to wasps
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Member when monster masks were not a guaranteed chance, but ~50%?

Edited by Blackbird_V on February 23, 2023 3:33PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
    Options
  • SatanicSister
    SatanicSister
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Craglorn wasps. There were two types of those, vet rank 13 and I think the other was vet rank 11. Thing was, those 11 types came in small groups. Damn, those were worse than world bosses in other zones. I think they are the reason why I still dislike wasps in the game.

Also, I miss the days when crafting gear was important. When every zone was still leveled and mobs were a bit harder to kill than now, you just had to keep your gear up to your level and check its condition every now and then. On that note, I do miss shadowhide being the highest rank mat instead of rubedo hide. I think those blue mats looked a lot better.
    "If we are going to play the waiting game, the guy who has been around for 10000 years is going to win."
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Remember Leveled Zones?

Yes. And it was one of the main reasons why I stopped playing for a few years.
    Options
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Remember Doshia?

My god. YES! lol. The pain that was Doshia. haha. Overland boss fights feeling like actually bosses and how they feel like an achievement to beat rather than just an afterthought. And Doshia wasn't even a boss o.O

Edited by me_ming on February 23, 2023 11:16AM
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
    Options
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember the times when you needed to train each mount separately, buy a stable space for an additional mounts, and mounts came with different starting stats?
    Options
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember setting a foot in a 4-ma, dungeon with white/green gear with no full set bonus and getting owned real hard by the first adds?

Remember setting you first foot in High Elven Lands (Auridon) and being in awe of the beautifull architecture and nature?

Remember trying to get your crafting level up by crafting 100 pieces of gloves ?

Remember your first maelstrom run on normal and rage quitting cause it was so hard?
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
    Options
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still have a couple of gold imperial books i hoarded away back on my old xbox account, unbuffed i think my magplar in 2016 had 1750sd which grew to 3000 and 4000 in pve which were some high numbers for the time i thought. It seemed absolutely everything was hard yakka to fight through and learn in the beginning, and i only ever saw people in towns not out in the wilderness. I remember everyone sieging the towers down to a broken mess, also remember it being a death trap with the doors zoning into the inside. Everyone zooming around the map together taking the necessary keeps to open up imperial city to zoom around there while a skeleton crew stayed out in cyrodil to keep everyone updated on the status of things there incase people needed to get back to taking keeps.
    Options
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rmember the craglorn gates north from Scar were closed.

Rmember monster shoulders blue. I keep some in inventory as memorable items.

Rmember manabuilds with different sets staffs, because of staff counted as 1 set item instead of 2.

Rmember not being able to meet "tomatoes" or "bananas" in overland.

Rmember Fungal II was just vet Fungal.

Rmember running for monster hat again and again for your friend until he gets at least one, while you're getting your third one you don't really need.
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember being able to glitch the /leanbackcoin emote so you could spin your weapon instead and walk around doing it?

Remember not being able to enter Imperial City unless your faction owned the inner keeps?

Remember all the weird toons gathering in Vulkhel Guard for dance parties?

Remember dolmens requiring a group?

Remember when everyone started in the Wailing Prison then emerged in their faction's starting zone? Should never have been changed.

Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Being able to go to specific zones to farm specific mats; and giggling while one shotting beginning zone critters that terrorized my character when she started out. And yes, she is still traumatized by the original Craglorn wasps.....
    Options
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buying the imperial edition to have a horse available for only one coin from the very beginning.
    Options
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember when PvP worked and population caps were 400/faction vs. the 80/faction today, and group size was 24/group vs. only 12/group today.
    Options
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has no one mentioned pink weapons yet?
    Options
  • looshora
    looshora
    ✭✭✭
    I remember asking people what kinda style would they like their gear in when I was asked to craft it.
    Now it just isn't needed or nobody cares.
    Have a list of toons
    The Big 3
    Rotiq - DK Tank Dungeons and Trials all day long
    Narshan - MagNB Grand Master Crafter, Quester, Assassin to the stars
    Irros - MagSorc - PvP also known as "That dead guy over there"
    Alts that are...well...alive
    Silavor - MagPlar
    Nezkuz - StamSorc/Wolf
    Kentho - DK Healer/Vampire
    Hirl - NecroTank wip
    Umatal - DK wip
    United States of Tamriel - Templar Tank wip
    Options
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Member when sharpened was BIS trait?

Member when Transmute station didn't exist so you had to farm 2000 Maw of Lorkhaj's for Sharp Moondancer swords, only to accidentally deconstruct one.

ve9dw8lbnlkm.png
    Edited by Blackbird_V on February 23, 2023 3:38PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember character-based and recorded progression.
    Options
  • omnidoh
    omnidoh
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when vampires were actually blood-sucking fiends.
    Now they're just...fiends.
    9blvYky.png
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when pre 2017/Vivec when Rawl'kha was the big hub. So much so that there was an issue for people where if you logged out there and logged back in during primetime, you couldn't get in because there were so many people.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember having to group up for Doshia. And being scared to sneak into the next zone because the mobs were way higher level than me. And those dolmen anchors dropping being a truly hair-raising sight!

Not to mention paying for a subscription without any ESO+ because without a sub, we couldn’t play the game.
    Options
  • CardinalJack
    CardinalJack
    ✭✭
    I remember being able to enjoy playing the various classes. Nowadays I can't find fun or joy in playing any of the classes. Nothing feels right, nothing clicks, each class when I play it feels like an empty void.
    Options
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is probably going to date me, but when did they get rid of siegeable resource towers?
    Options
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the days when Gathongor the Mauler was a crocodile. He nowadays is an argonian behemoth.

I remember shadowcasters being something to evade from in Northern Craglorn while farming nirncrux. I remember getting eaten alive by mudcrabs in Malabal Tor, because I was but a level 20 something.

I remember overlevelling quests and being sad because I couldn't finish them because they were worthless. I remember using the exploration trait to maximise XP from discovering points of interest.
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember being out of combat.
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Talking about Veteran Ranks, this screenshot is from December 2014. I was already VR14, which was the maximum at that point - VR wouldn't be extended to 16 for another 6 months.

m2ggdbvksrcx.png

I think I took it because I was offended that Aksel thought I'd be happy with five lumps of ebony ore!
    Options
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember getting a vampire bite at like level 8? and then struggling through the dungeon not knowing what I was doing trying to finish the questline. Then way later on getting absolutely demolished by scamps in a dolmen outside of Auridon in Cadwell gold and nobody else was there.

Now I can just alt tab to discord while my aoe's or pets usually take care of whatever is around me. :|

And I remember when Pacrooti was one of my favorite characters.
    love is love
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when Bosmer were stealthy as they had been for decades, when Argonians were immune to poison, and the fun of 24 person groups in Cyrodiil. But what I miss most was when you could log into the game without a giant, non-optional advertising nag screen blasting you in the face and reminding you that you are just one of "millions" of cash generators for a multi-billion dollar company.

I remember the days of innocence and wonder. And that wonder not being wondering what iconic or useful thing the next patch was going to take from you.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options