Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Limit Followers (and SUMMONS) in Towns [Completely]?

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

The option to limit followers in town doesn't work. I was at the Clothing Station in Rawl'kha today and there was a Sorcerer right at the crafting table with their Twilight Matriarch and Clannfear very visible and in the way, even though I have the option to limit them toggled on. Please do something about this.

8v0lo60ycumn.jpg
    Edited by SilverBride on March 12, 2023 12:25AM
    PCNA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've never played a warden: are warden bears considered followers ? They also need to be hidden around crafting stations, banks, etc., because they're too big and block a lot of other players' views.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

The option to limit followers in town doesn't work. I was at the Clothing Station in Rawl'kha today and there was a Sorcerer right at the crafting table with their Twilight Matriarch and Clannfear very visible and in the way, even though I have the option to limit them toggled on. Please do something about this.

8v0lo60ycumn.jpg

But are those pets blocking you from using the station? I mean the pets are in the way of the sorc as much as they would be to you. And the sorc seems ok with it…
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I've never played a warden: are warden bears considered followers ? They also need to be hidden around crafting stations, banks, etc., because they're too big and block a lot of other players' views.

They are pets, similar to sorc pets, but the bear takes up an ultimate spot.
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭

I've not noticed the bears as much, but certainly if it applies to other pets it should apply to them as well.

It would be nice to have class pets and non-combat pets able to be toggled off in town (honestly, anywhere), as well as the over the top effects (visual and audio) from some of the fancy mounts.
  • Twig_Garlicshine
    Twig_Garlicshine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Client-side option to turn off summons & pets completely in towns instead of the useless table area limits:

Another player using this option has no effect on my game play. It turns summons/pets on/off for them, not me.
    My use of this option turns off other players' summons/pets and not my own, so it has no effect on my game play as it is a reversible option I have decided to use.
    Quests - there are zero quests that cannot be completed if a player chooses to not see other peoples' summons/pets.
    Dueling - Removing the option of choice for the entire game population so 2 duelers can save 2 seconds of time spent enabling/disabling the option before accepting a duel is not reasonable.

This is an option that allows player agency. Other players' should have the freedom to choose whether or not to see my pets/summons. Other players should not all be forced to subject themselves to my whims and desires?
    Personally, I think this option should be game wide as it only has an effect on the individual player and is optional and reversible at any time.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    But are those pets blocking you from using the station? I mean the pets are in the way of the sorc as much as they would be to you. And the sorc seems ok with it…

They don't have to block me to be intrusive, annoying and immersion breaking. And if the toggle actually worked we would not be able to see them right on top of the crafting station, yet here they are.

Just because that Sorcerer has their pets out doesn't mean they are ok with it. My Sorcerer used to have hers out in town sometimes because it was annoying to have to remove the skill from my bar to get rid of them and there is no dismiss function. But I wasn't ok with it and that's the reason I stopped using pets all together.
    PCNA
  • Yazrz
    Yazrz
    ✭✭✭
    Liguar wrote: »

I've not noticed the bears as much, but certainly if it applies to other pets it should apply to them as well.

It would be nice to have class pets and non-combat pets able to be toggled off in town (honestly, anywhere), as well as the over the top effects (visual and audio) from some of the fancy mounts.

This would seem like the bare minimum to have it implemented in town / areas where interactions with NPCs happen, but ideally when it comes to obtrusive flapping summons or vanity pets, I would prefer to have the option for completely disable them for the entire game (bar PvP areas for summons).
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today, someone managed to ride a bear into a bank...

e941oatvkgob.jpg
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yazrz wrote: »
    This would seem like the bare minimum to have it implemented in town / areas where interactions with NPCs happen, but ideally when it comes to obtrusive flapping summons or vanity pets, I would prefer to have the option for completely disable them for the entire game (bar PvP areas for summons).

Yes, I would personally love to be able to toggle off any and all cosmetics I find immersion-breaking, but this is treading a fine line.

As you well know we label them vanity pets for a reason, because for a lot of people the joy in having is tightly coupled to the joy in showing. If negative nellies like me were able to block all sight of them we might actually be taking away from their owner's enjoyment and that's probably why there is no option to turn them off completely.

But combat-pets and companions should absolutely be off in towns, the players would still be there and probably more players as well as we would not be forced to hide in our houses to get away from flapping pets! ;)
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please make "turn off followers and pets in towns" make ALL other player's combat and non-combat pets outside your party invisible, and not just in towns (except in AvA areas - Cyro, IC, and bg).

My reasoning is this: If someone has issues with seeing these, or has a computer that would perform better if it didn't have to render as much animation - let them choose to turn it all off.

I would like to add - my housemate has been suffering from headaches for decades, and wings flapping at the front of her screen give a strobing effect that's physically painful for her. She tries to avoid it, of course, but having an option like this that works better would be really helpful.

Thank you.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!