Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Event Morph Availability?

tomofhyrule
tomofhyrule
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
For the Anniversary event, we're only seeing the Q2 skin morph in the Impresario's catalogue.
c03a3uiyepgy.png

Based on what @ZOS_MattFiror said at the end of January when confirming the delay of Whitestrake's Mayhem, we only got 2 events in Q1 to collect the personality. We were told that the Q1 morph items would be available during Q2.
Since we will be moving an event that grants Event Tickets out of Q1 (January – March) and we want everyone to be able to get the Q1 morphing collectible, Passion’s Muse personality, we will make the Q1 fragments available through Q2 (April – June.) The amount of Event Tickets you can earn for the year will not change because of this shift

I'm sure a lot of players (myself included) budgeted their tickets assuming that we could still get the Q1 personality morph in Q2. Will this be available then? As it stands now, we only have the Jester's Festival (which is traditionally short and doesn't offer many tickets) to collect all 3 parts, which is not enough tickets to cover them. This seems unfair to the players if we were told the items would be available in Q2 and budgeted our Elsweyr tickets around that, only to find that that was a false statement.

It's also not mentioned if the Indrik vendor will also stock the Q1 berries. On PTS she is not, but this is also the first time she's offering the Q1 items (she was introduced in the second Q2 event last year, and she did not bring all items in for New Life). Will she also bring her Q1 stock back before Q1 2024 because of the missed event?

Also, we traditionally have seen 'bonus' tickets if an event was missed - we saw this in the Anniversary event of 2020 due to having few events that quarter, and during the 2019 New Life due to the removed Undaunted event. In which event will we be seeing the missing tickets?
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Anniversary event, we're only seeing the Q2 skin morph in the Impresario's catalogue.
    c03a3uiyepgy.png

Based on what @ZOS_MattFiror said at the end of January when confirming the delay of Whitestrake's Mayhem, we only got 2 events in Q1 to collect the personality. We were told that the Q1 morph items would be available during Q2.
    Since we will be moving an event that grants Event Tickets out of Q1 (January – March) and we want everyone to be able to get the Q1 morphing collectible, Passion’s Muse personality, we will make the Q1 fragments available through Q2 (April – June.) The amount of Event Tickets you can earn for the year will not change because of this shift

I'm sure a lot of players (myself included) budgeted their tickets assuming that we could still get the Q1 personality morph in Q2. Will this be available then? As it stands now, we only have the Jester's Festival (which is traditionally short and doesn't offer many tickets) to collect all 3 parts, which is not enough tickets to cover them. This seems unfair to the players if we were told the items would be available in Q2 and budgeted our Elsweyr tickets around that, only to find that that was a false statement.

It's also not mentioned if the Indrik vendor will also stock the Q1 berries. On PTS she is not, but this is also the first time she's offering the Q1 items (she was introduced in the second Q2 event last year, and she did not bring all items in for New Life). Will she also bring her Q1 stock back before Q1 2024 because of the missed event?

Also, we traditionally have seen 'bonus' tickets if an event was missed - we saw this in the Anniversary event of 2020 due to having few events that quarter, and during the 2019 New Life due to the removed Undaunted event. In which event will we be seeing the missing tickets?

I don't think the tickets are going to be adjusted, as Matt said:
    The amount of Event Tickets you can earn for the year will not change because of this shift

Another thing I noticed, was that Philius Dormier doesn't offer the "Hide Shoulders" after the Jester's Festival, which seems to be a similar issue that occurred with one of the Aurora Firepot Spider fragments from last year.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    "The amount of Event Tickets you can earn for the year will not change because of this shift"
    This is true. However, MYM traditionally gives us 39 tickets. If we're still doing 3 events per quarter, but now have lost one event in Q1, that menas that either they will need to add a new event into a later quarter (which could overstuff it), or redistribute those 39 tickets we would have had elsewhere.

Essentially, are we replacing an event with a MYM to ensure we still have two and then redistributing those tickets to other events, or are we shoehorning a second MYM into a later quarter so we will end up with some quarter that has four events?

• PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    "The amount of Event Tickets you can earn for the year will not change because of this shift"
    This is true. However, MYM traditionally gives us 39 tickets. If we're still doing 3 events per quarter, but now have lost one event in Q1, that menas that either they will need to add a new event into a later quarter (which could overstuff it), or redistribute those 39 tickets we would have had elsewhere.

Essentially, are we replacing an event with a MYM to ensure we still have two and then redistributing those tickets to other events, or are we shoehorning a second MYM into a later quarter so we will end up with some quarter that has four events?
    Matt also said there would still be two mayhems this year, so in combination with that other comment I'd expect they are not replacing an event.
    They haven't said how they're doing it but my guess is they will put Mayhem in May, where there usually isn't an event. That will keep fall from being overloaded and having a quarter with 4 events (Q2 usually only has 2 events, with jubilee giving extra tickets and providing 2 fragments. It would also ensure the tickets are back on track by the end of Q2. They may keep the second Mayhem in late July, or they may move one of the later events, probably undaunted, to the usual July Mayhem spot, and put the year's second mayhem in either September or November. All of this is my speculation based on how they've managed events in the past.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, just wanted to clarify here. What is represented on PTS is not how it is going to look on Live when we extend the Q1 morphs. The Q1 morphs will be included as part of the event when it is officially live. It's just not showing right now on PTS.

And yes, there will still be two Whitestrake's Mayhem events. We are still locking in dates and will announce those as we get closer.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, just wanted to clarify here. What is represented on PTS is not how it is going to look on Live when we extend the Q1 morphs. The Q1 morphs will be included as part of the event when it is officially live. It's just not showing right now on PTS.

And yes, there will still be two Whitestrake's Mayhem events. We are still locking in dates and will announce those as we get closer.

Any word on whether this availability extension will include the indriks as well?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • flizomica
    flizomica
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Any word on whether this availability extension will include the indriks as well?

Having the Q1 Indriks available in Q2 is extra important because I believe this is the first time we've had the chance to re-earn them since they were originally available. The indrik vendor was only added in Q2 of last year, IIRC, so it would be super lame to only have access to the Q1 indriks twice in 2 years.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just checked in with the dev team and Q1 extension into Q2 is only for the morphing collectible, and will not extend to the indriks. We are passing your feedback to the team, but this is the current stance on indriks.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on March 23, 2023 2:52PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked in with the dev team and Q1 extension into Q2 is only for the morphing collectible, and will not extend to the indriks. We are passing you feedback to the team, but this is the current stance on indriks.

Hopefully that is a stance that can and will be changed.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked in with the dev team and Q1 extension into Q2 is only for the morphing collectible, and will not extend to the indriks. We are passing you feedback to the team, but this is the current stance on indriks.

Yea, I would have definitely used my tickets differently or even purchased tickets from the crown store to complete the Indriks if this had been widely available info.

As it is, I have several indriks ready to be evolved into as soon as I complete the base indrik again. Sort of silly to make all of that effort for nothing.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Kevin!

I'm a bit disappointed about the Indriks because I did start playing after the first set of Indriks, but that was why I was prioritizing the Indrik over the personality. I would have been royally peeved if I missed the Personality for the Indrik though. I need that Personality ASAP.

Based on my calculations, I can finish the Indrik for Jester's, get the Hide Shoulders, and then use Anniversary to get the Personality. All good.

I'm happy I'm underwhelemed by the Q2 skin though. I need the Luminous Indrik too, but I can get the skin with all the extra tickets at the end of the year so I should be caught up.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, I would have definitely used my tickets differently or even purchased tickets from the crown store to complete the Indriks if this had been widely available info.

As it is, I have several indriks ready to be evolved into as soon as I complete the base indrik again. Sort of silly to make all of that effort for nothing.
    Fro what it's worth, those indriks will be available during jesters next month. So depending on your calculations you may be able to still complete.
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only reason why I'm really going to participate in the Jester's Event will be for the tickets so I can get my stable of Indriks. If the decision will be to no longer offer the morphing collectibles then I definitely will not worry about attending future events, or resubbing my ESO Plus. Sorry, but after so many years with this game, I'd say it is time to move on.

Disappointing.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know