FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This absolutely can not go through.

Options
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't really feel like DKs are OP currently, and maybe they'd be fine with this buff. Honestly, the only thing that's too powerful in current meta is NB burst with 20k bow procs.
    I think that the buff to DK is fine. It isn't gonna break the meta, many DKs already get Major Berserk from Sea Serpent's. Honestly, big sources of power like this should be given to every class (and maybe rework Concealed weapon to be Major Berserk instead of a unique buff) so that every class feels actually fun to play and not like a wet noodle

well, for a start it will literally break the meta because they will swap off sea serpent's for something else since they can get major berserk on their gap closer.

that said, my main concern with this is PvE where DK is already the dominant class. adding more dps to the highest dps class in PvE while everyone else either falls behind or runs wrecking blow as spammable is not good.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats all, you killed it. Now DK gets to use Wrecking Blow like every other class. We'll continue to have one useless morph of chains, and DK's will use Stampede when they need a gap closer. Such class diversity.
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats all, you killed it. Now DK gets to use Wrecking Blow like every other class. We'll continue to have one useless morph of chains, and DK's will use Stampede when they need a gap closer. Such class diversity.

If you want class diversity then just don't use a gap closer. Lack of mobility is supposed to be part of DK identity.

If you covet other class kits and go outside of your own class skills to supplement what it is you think you lack... Then of course there won't be diversity.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »

If you want class diversity then just don't use a gap closer. Lack of mobility is supposed to be part of DK identity.

If you covet other class kits and go outside of your own class skills to supplement what it is you think you lack... Then of course there won't be diversity.

You're not entirely wrong. DK has had a class gap closer with empowering chains since 2018. However that morph has been such garbage that many apparently did not know it existed. I've been hit by Shield Charge more often than Empowering Chains in PvP, even before the recent changes to Empower.

That being said, Leap has always been popular for PvP Dragonknights, and PvE DKs have been using Stampede over the last year or so. Both are important gap closers for a melee class.

As for class diversity, I see it as each class having a few powerful and unique tools. Iconic, class-defining abilities like Templar Beams, DK Whips or Engulfing Flames, Necro Colossus, Sorcerer Frags, etc. Other classes can utilize generic skill lines to gain similar effects, but they should always be a watered down version so players will use the class version when possible. Generic alternatives may lack some additional buff or utility, or require a certain weapon type, or give less/no passives for slotting it, or simply deal less damage or a less desirable damage element.
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always enjoyed the functionality of Leap as a gap closer and was happy with that being the only one I had. Maybe happy isn't the right word... But content. That being said Leap isn't the best gap closer because okay now you're here... But without any ultimate. But yes, it's a mobility tool.

The chain gap closer... Sure it's been around, and sure it's kinda garbage, but who thought it was a good idea to revitalize the DK toolkit?? As if it's lacking. So I just don't understand mourning the loss of something that was a bad idea to begin with.

DK doesn't need buffs. Not even common sense ones. Not even QOL ones. They deserve to be on the bottom of the list for help. So many other classes need help first.

So I don't know... I guess I'm just ranting about something you weren't even talking about. But honestly every class complaining about not having things other classes have is WHY we don't have diversity anymore.

Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The chains gap closer sucks because it has the worst delay of a gap closer to animate the chain. What they are doing, is trying to make it tempting enough to deal with the clunkiness. But as mentioned; there are a lot of abilities unused for at least as good of reasons, on classes with far less than DK
    Options