Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Light Weaver Passive bugged?

Billium813
Billium813
✭✭✭✭✭
Light Weaver
  • When you heal an ally under 50% Health with a Restoring Light ability, you grant them 2 Ultimate.
  • While you are channeling Rite of Passage, you gain 33000 Physical and Spell Resistance.

From my laymen perspective, it seems like this passive isn't procing. I tested on Rite of Passage, as well as the other morphs, and my resistances seem to be unchanged while channeling. I had to use an addon to show my resistances since this is Schrödinger's passive and pressing 'C' to look at my character sheet interrupts the channel. Can anyone else confirm this or tell me what I'm not getting right here?

o0ro2ao3zzf3.gif

The two buffs I receiver while channeling are the Sacred Ground passive and Minor Mending. Shouldn't there also be some kind of Light Weaver buff? Or some kind of visual change to my resistances? I noticed this because I activate this spell while holding taunt as a Tank and bosses are still slaughtering me!
Edited by Billium813 on January 12, 2023 8:04PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont use this skill very often but i could probably check when i get home see if im seeing the same issues
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I verified that the first part of Light Weaver:

When you heal an ally under 50% Health with a Restoring Light ability, you grant them 2 Ultimate

is working as expected. But I have also gotten others in my guild to test and no one seems to think that the second part, of +33000 resistance, is working.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened a support ticket for this: 230117-000134

It's rather annoying to be channeling this Ult and know that I am vulnerable to death. This passive is kinda necessary for the Ult to work as a Tank.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    33000 is the maximum possible resistance and equals 50% damage resistance. Anything beyond 33000 resistance still gives only 50% damage reduction. So if you are close to max resistance as tank, you might only go from 40% damage resistance to 50% damage resistance. And if channeling forces you to drop block, you could very well take more damage while channeling than while not channeling as a tank.

The passive may very well not be working. But even if it is working, 33000 is not enough to become immune to death while a PvE boss smacks you around unblocked for 4 seconds.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    33000 is the maximum possible resistance and equals 50% damage resistance. Anything beyond 33000 resistance still gives only 50% damage reduction. So if you are close to max resistance as tank, you might only go from 40% damage resistance to 50% damage resistance. And if channeling forces you to drop block, you could very well take more damage while channeling than while not channeling as a tank.

The passive may very well not be working. But even if it is working, 33000 is not enough to become immune to death while a PvE boss smacks you around unblocked for 4 seconds.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know this as the game doesn't really tell players such maximums exist... I just feel like I used to be more invulnerable in the past. I remember a time where channeling Rite of Passage allowed you to take massive damage and nothing would happen. The reason I looked into this passive issue was because I started dying to just regular boss attacks while channeling.

I'll check my max resistance, but I can reproduce this on my DPS build which most certainly isn't at max resistance.
    Edited by Billium813 on January 17, 2023 4:02PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just and FYI resistance is more of a soft cap, you can go over 33000 resistance, it just doesnt provide any benefit (its OK to do this in pvp if you want to help negate resistance debuffs)

i will agree with the above that even outside of that, armor as a bonus is not very useful because its pretty easy to get even a dps character to 15-20k armor, so you are only maybe getting 50% or less of that armor as bonus

if your resistance values are not changing at all though, that would still be an issue
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014