The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Guild Vote, 2023

The_Titan_Tim
The_Titan_Tim
✭✭✭✭✭
There’s a lot of speculation on-going of what might be coming in 2023 in terms of systems, one “need” area I see in ESO, would have to be a rework of the guilds that were introduced early on in the life of the game that are pillars to which Elder Scrolls games are built upon, yet are underrepresented and haven’t received much work since…

Mage’s Guild, Fighter’s Guild, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood all have nowhere near the replayability of the Undaunted.

Mage’s Guild and Fighter’s Guild each have their own respective active skills which is appreciated, where Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood have fallen behind. Other than that though, how does a player identify as a member of the guild in-game without a title on and what does that title even mean? How can I look at a player using the Master Wizard title and say, “That player right there? That’s somebody invested in the Mage’s Guild.” when the meaning isn’t there, in the current game, there is no equivalency for these guilds to let’s say, a True Genius for a dungeon runner that hangs out at the Undaunted. The repeatable systems in place offer nothing in forms of challenge and there are no rankings within the guilds like prior games, or even like Tales of Tribute currently has. (an insult of its own)

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood desperately need an active skill line, and all four guilds need a systems rework with new rewards and ranking systems akin to prior games, although all of this would be unlikely in one year, if you had to choose any of the four guilds to get some much needed love next year, which guild would you choose? I’m throwing my hat in for the Brotherhood. >:)

Edited by The_Titan_Tim on December 30, 2022 10:19PM

Guild Vote, 2023 89 votes

Fighter’s Guild
5%
starlizard70ub17_ESOJack-0SkaraMinocJarl_IronheartxXCJsniperXx7 5 votes
Mage’s Guild
30%
BlueRavenDysturbedWuffyCeruleiLarsSkojouTreselegantAmphithoeCryptorAstironInhuman003White wabbitDrybonez32WildRaptorXHroltharSallymenACamaroGuySupreme_AtromancerSilverStreekRisenEclipseThreeXB 27 votes
Thieves Guild
30%
gameswithaspoonopajYukon2112BergisMacBridecyclonus11Dracan_FontomTheImperfectIrfindanadandyheaven13Seminolegirl1992VindoldRedBranchBretonMageGregaMichaeFlameweaver1951haelgaanspsRevJJ 27 votes
Dark Brotherhood
33%
fleetingyouth_ESOJordan.nick11b14_ESOmartinhpb16_ESONettleCarrierkiesoRagnarok0130LumsdenmlMikeSkyrim333mandricusWolfkeksTyharheavenelvaMrGarlicThe_Titan_TimN3CR01jtm1018Bucky_13DragonreduxElvenOverlordHoneyBunBadgers 30 votes
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild
    I don’t see the value in doing thieves guild. I’ve been playing for several years and can’t bring myself to do it, as it just seems like a waste of time. Is it just about achievements or is the story really good?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted. Bolgrul offers 5 differing delves from each set of alliance zones for a total of 15. Would love to see this double to 10 per alliance yielding a total of 30.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mage’s Guild
    For one thing, the daily quest rewards could use an overhaul because the boxes contain nothing of any value or use, and they only seem to be worth doing to grind companion rapport. Maybe some new guild story quests since there will only be 1 zone a year now? At the very least they could give Valaste a schedule so she doesn't just stand outside the Eyevea guildhall for all eternity like an abandoned puppy
    PC EU
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    Amerises wrote: »
    I don’t see the value in doing thieves guild. I’ve been playing for several years and can’t bring myself to do it, as it just seems like a waste of time. Is it just about achievements or is the story really good?

The story is alright, I played all of the other games which was why I had to do the Thieves Guild, it was a favorite of mine in Oblivion where you got to get the Gray Cowl, although I don’t know where the “no killing” philosophy went in ESO.
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mage’s Guild
    (...) although I don’t know where the “no killing” philosophy went in ESO.

Now that you mention it, I had this random idea once that the ESO Thieves Guild could give you a sort of blackjack tool, similar to the blade of woe except that it would knock NPCs out for a few, maybe 10 minutes. Obviously it can't be a synergy since it would conflict with the BoW, a problem that vampire feeding already has, but I could see it being an active ability that would only work on un-aggroed humanoids. The knockout effect could be like a knockdown+stun that would also turn the target neutral so you aren't stuck in combat with it. ESO already has a few quests with a bonus objective not to kill anybody, so the TG ones could give you some sort of additional reward if you manage to do so. I have no idea if this is possible to implement or even worth doing but it might make the thieving a bit more thief-y. Either that or it would be a hilariously buggy mess.
    PC EU
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild
    I’d love to see new heists added to new zones, new gold items to steal, more lantern guards, and more zones designed like Abahs Landing with the rooftops utilized and such.

I’d really love to see this expanded throughout the game because the gameplay of that DLC offered some fun alternatives. Expanding that as optional, alternative ways to play and quest in the newer zones would be a welcome addition.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    couldn't choose as they all need updating

most of them need daily / local quests in all the towns and cities where there is a guildhouse, certainly in all DLC zones if you don't want to clash with the Fighters Guild base zone dailys.

Dark Brotherhood should have at least one representation in each zone whether thats in a Thieves guild on in their own house.

I have one of each type of character and I'd like to feel the need to check into the local guild house wherever I am and whichever character I'm playing.

As to rewards: gold will do or endevour points or crowns, don't really care about that as it's about making a whole world really.
    Edited by Deter1UK on December 30, 2022 2:08PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of them, I don't mess with them any more than necessary.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Undaunted. Bolgrul offers 5 differing delves from each set of alliance zones for a total of 15. Would love to see this double to 10 per alliance yielding a total of 30.

I don't do them, but it should be rotated through all delves in all zones.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I dislike being Undaunted.

I don't like being associated with a bunch of useless stupid drunks that dabble in Necromancy and Blood Magic.

But, the rewards in items and buffs are high enough that I do so despite that because I play with other people occasionally and I enjoy my characters employing a variety of visual effects.

I think you'd want to be careful that you didn't put the other Guilds in the same position as Undaunted.

I'd rather not be stuck feeling my characters is going to be a let down for people because I didn't join the Dark Brotherhood.

I think the Fighter's Guild and Mage's Guild could benefit from having an additional daily quest giver added for the DLC Zones that players own that sends players to deal with things in the DLC areas and to DLC events with lower levels of popularity. I'd also suggest slightly upgrading the payoffs for the dailies when it comes to faction rep.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love completely optional hardmode dailies in Coldharbour for Mage's guild and Fighter's guild. Beyond that, the Dark Brotherhood quests lack depth. In oblivion they left in hints as to who may have ordered the hits, in ESO the whole story was a murder mystery with betrayal. The dailies became just a means to an end- to get more faction. The gear sucks as well, and can just be obtained from Remains-Silent. Thieves' guild at least has some heavy pieces that you can get for gear that is actually useful for pvp.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Psijic guild skill line is most in need of attention. The grind to get through this skill line is HORRIBLE. It should be made easier IMO.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    Every player guild that died from the recent changes.
    I'd like to see the game polished and changed for the better so that they can have their populations refreshed and everyone psyched for the next thing.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighter’s Guild
    Why are most people picking thieves guild? What is there to do with them except steal more stuff?

The fighters guild is pathetic in this game honestly. We should have daily quests in every zone for them with new and random jobs to do, not destroy anchors.

Also each zone fighters guild house should of have a unique story just like oblivion. They are not a private army that works just for Meridia, they are a group of warriors that do jobs for everyone. Let's move on from the planemeld, it's long past in this timeline of ESO.
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    amig186 wrote: »
    (...) although I don’t know where the “no killing” philosophy went in ESO.

Now that you mention it, I had this random idea once that the ESO Thieves Guild could give you a sort of blackjack tool, similar to the blade of woe except that it would knock NPCs out for a few, maybe 10 minutes. Obviously it can't be a synergy since it would conflict with the BoW, a problem that vampire feeding already has, but I could see it being an active ability that would only work on un-aggroed humanoids. The knockout effect could be like a knockdown+stun that would also turn the target neutral so you aren't stuck in combat with it. ESO already has a few quests with a bonus objective not to kill anybody, so the TG ones could give you some sort of additional reward if you manage to do so. I have no idea if this is possible to implement or even worth doing but it might make the thieving a bit more thief-y. Either that or it would be a hilariously buggy mess.

Imagine the animations for this? It would be so funny! I’m for it, we’ve gotta be able to hit other players with it too.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    Why are most people picking thieves guild? What is there to do with them except steal more stuff?

The fighters guild is pathetic in this game honestly. We should have daily quests in every zone for them with new and random jobs to do, not destroy anchors.

Also each zone fighters guild house should of have a unique story just like oblivion. They are not a private army that works just for Meridia, they are a group of warriors that do jobs for everyone. Let's move on from the planemeld, it's long past in this timeline of ESO.

Fighter’s Guild definitely needs some work, the ultimate is named after a Daedric Artifact, not sure why, even after all these years, they haven’t generalized it’s name as we’ve moved past Meridia.

As far as content, you’ve hit it right on the head, dolmens are not a fun repeatable, as they are too easy, and it doesn’t solve the problem I brought up of guild rankings, and being established and recognized as a member of the guild.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a complete new set of second stage guild lines - something you can do when you've finished the current lines complete with a new quest line, a new skill line, and new dailies.

But I doubt we'll see that :(

Also, I know it is not necessarily the most popular view, but I like to do everything on my main character. So I'd always prefer to see new weapon/guild/world skill lines that are accessible to my main (even if I don't want to use them) than have a new class, which would require a new character, together with the grind of levelling up to 50, training mounts, etc.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to see them all expanded. What I wonder though is why do they put a mage and fighter guild house in every main city of every chapter/dlc, and then do nothing with it. There are so many side quests in every zone, why not connect one or two to those guilds.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    Snamyap wrote: »
    I would like to see them all expanded. What I wonder though is why do they put a mage and fighter guild house in every main city of every chapter/dlc, and then do nothing with it. There are so many side quests in every zone, why not connect one or two to those guilds.

Agreed! I’ve noticed that too, and adding members of the other two main guilds to the Outlaw Dens of those regions with associated quests would be great too.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood

heaven13 wrote: »
    I’d love to see new heists added to new zones, new gold items to steal, more lantern guards, and more zones designed like Abahs Landing with the rooftops utilized and such.

I’d really love to see this expanded throughout the game because the gameplay of that DLC offered some fun alternatives. Expanding that as optional, alternative ways to play and quest in the newer zones would be a welcome addition.

I’m not quite sure why they decided to keep Thieves Guild only in Hew’s Bane instead of providing support for it throughout the game.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After the vampire re-work, I wouldn't want to see any of these updated, honestly. I would rather see something new added.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    For one thing, the daily quest rewards could use an overhaul because the boxes contain nothing of any value or use, and they only seem to be worth doing to grind companion rapport. Maybe some new guild story quests since there will only be 1 zone a year now? At the very least they could give Valaste a schedule so she doesn't just stand outside the Eyevea guildhall for all eternity like an abandoned puppy

Uhh why isn't she with her Uncle Sheo? Clearly the best place for her!
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    peacenote wrote: »
    After the vampire re-work, I wouldn't want to see any of these updated, honestly. I would rather see something new added.

An update to these could be in the form of new additional active and passive skills, as Mage’s Guild could bring “Spellcrafting,” Fighter’s Guild could bring “Blade” and “Blunt” from Oblivion to revamp existing skill lines, as it makes no sense to be Twin Slashing with dual maces, or for Thieves Guild a skill line based around evasion, like a stamina based shadowy disguise in the form of a smoke bomb, snares and stuns… with Dark Brotherhood potentially bringing in a magicka based execute for all classes, and all kinds of debuffs and potentially an ability like streak for all classes to play around with.

The potential is limitless, it’s just a matter of priority.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    Fighter’s Guild needs love! <3
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    couldn't choose as they all need updating

Agreed, their dailies are extremely dated. I would love to see some WB dailies for the Mages and Fighters Guilds, as well as DLC dailies for both.

I picked the Thieves Guild, though, because honestly, their dailies have always been sorely lacking. The thieving repeatables and heists are alright, I guess (I don't do them), but the adventuring ones are only based in Hews Bane, which is extremely limiting.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them. With all the zones (and their locations) in the game, they should be able to add all sorts of generated quests. Include DLC zones too. And have some variety. Not just "go to delve and get X" or "investigate 3 anchors." Have different types of quests. I was glad to see that the solo daily quest giver in Galen doesn't always send you to a delve. More of this, please.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    All of them. With all the zones (and their locations) in the game, they should be able to add all sorts of generated quests. Include DLC zones too. And have some variety. Not just "go to delve and get X" or "investigate 3 anchors." Have different types of quests. I was glad to see that the solo daily quest giver in Galen doesn't always send you to a delve. More of this, please.

Right, I would definitely love for all of them to be updated within 2023, it would just be extremely unlikely as we’re only going to be getting a System in Q2 and Q4, best case scenario, we get two next year, but I don’t see it, unfortunately.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

Totally agree.

After painfully leveling up the Mages, Fighters, and Undaunted skill lines on 3 toons with the dailies, I swore to never do that again.

Many builds require those skills and you can level up a toon as an alt for trials pretty fast except for those crucial skills, which become a major roadblock.

There are faster ways to level up the skills but it is still excruciating. I didn’t want to spend crowns to unlock the skill lines but I sure wanted to many times.

Don’t want any more of these.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    TaSheen wrote: »

Totally agree.

After painfully leveling up the Mages, Fighters, and Undaunted skill lines on 3 toons with the dailies, I swore to never do that again.

Many builds require those skills and you can level up a toon as an alt for trials pretty fast except for those crucial skills, which become a major roadblock.

There are faster ways to level up the skills but it is still excruciating. I didn’t want to spend crowns to unlock the skill lines but I sure wanted to many times.

Don’t want any more of these.

Understandable given the current state of the guilds and their relevance, why wanting nothing to do with them; or their grind makes sense is because that they are in effect, a grind.

If the guilds were fun to do, and actually rewarding, which is in part of what people are hoping for in 2023, then they wouldn’t feel like a grind. This is why they desperately need an update, because the four core guilds were arguably the best parts of prior Elder Scrolls games for quite a lot of people, and they don’t work in their watered down state.
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mage’s Guild

Uhh why isn't she with her Uncle Sheo? Clearly the best place for her!

Because Uncle Sheo is that perpetually drunk, creepy uncle. I'd sooner leave my kid with Betelgeuse than with Creepy Uncle Sheo.
    PC EU