The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Kjalnar's Nightmare mask

L0rDi
L0rDi
Has anyone already seen her? I have never seen in a group. In the Guild Store, only a shoulder pad.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 29, 2022 1:58PM
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helm drops seem bugged, because of course.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped farming masks, due to lack of communication from devs. I am in dilemma is it ESO bug or just RND result. I will not waste time until it is clear.
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    did six runs already (HM enabled), no one dropped a single outfit page....maybe bad luck? :neutral: (trying to be positive)
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 60K+ Achievement Points
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 5 runs, no mask dropped for anyone. I've seen people report doing 15+ with no masks dropping for anyone in the group.

I haven't heard of anyone getting one, so I think it's safe to say that it's bugged.

Don't waste your time.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did try shopping for them tonight in the main centres, no luck only shoulders 🙁. I did see someone offering it in zone earlier that day, missed opportunity as i thought id easily find it in the traders ah well.
  • ClericPro
    ClericPro
    ✭✭✭
    In recent months, I stopped even trying to farm masks right away until their drops were fixed.
    Unfortunately, bugs have become the visiting card of ZOS.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, so undaunted keys on single coffers for the shoulders are also wasted again?
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got the shoulder page yesterday; took 21 coffers, which is 'par for the course' as far as my experience is concerned.

No mask yet but I've only done 7 runs since it (allegedly) started dropping.

I do have the HM.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on November 24, 2022 1:34PM
  • JJMaxx1980
    JJMaxx1980
    ✭✭✭✭
    We did around 12 runs yesterday with a few HM’s thrown in and nothing. Nothing in traders either. I guess we wasted our time because the devs literally can’t get a drop right. Insane.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used 67 keys and don't have shoulders, but it's bad RNG I guess than :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shoulders seem to be fine - Urgarlag was actually really generous to me this round and I got more than one within 15 keys.

Thanks for the tip about the mask though. Nice to know we don't have to waste our time farming that dungeon until it's fixed. Not that I hate it, but my stickerbook is already complete there.
  • VvwvenomwvV
    VvwvenomwvV
    ✭✭✭✭
    My group ran it 25+ times, including hard modes. I checked all of the guild traders, no masks. I asked all of my guilds, which have 500 people each, no masks. I polled the capital city zone chats. Many, many people were saying no drops. Some groups also reported running 25+ runs. No drops.....

It appears the drop rate is zero, or very, very close to zero.

If I had to guess, I'd say the double drop rate on item sets, and normal motifs occurring in the dungeon bugged out the Kjalnar mask from dropping.
  • flizomica
    flizomica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't many of the recent mask/shoulder releases been consistently bugged? Maybe some additional QA needs to be happening for the future? It's a little silly at this point.
  • AJA
    AJA
    ✭✭✭
    flizomica wrote: »
    Haven't many of the recent mask/shoulder releases been consistently bugged? Maybe some additional QA needs to be happening for the future? It's a little silly at this point.

Literally all of them the last 3-4 months
  • ashadris
    ashadris
    ✭✭✭
    so bugged or not, can we get an answer from ZOS?
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ashadris wrote: »
    so bugged or not, can we get an answer from ZOS?

ZOS is on holiday. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until Monday.

If it's not in any guild stores and hasn't dropped for anyone, the mask is bugged. They'll have to address that after the holiday. The shoulders are dropping as expected though.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’d think after 3 or 4 times of this happening now Zos would actually be able to put this in without any issues and figure out why they get it wrong.
  • Triplesixtyson
    Triplesixtyson
    ✭✭✭
    This happens almost everytime. I wish they would try and finally figure this out. Ive wasted so much time running dungeons for masks that arent actually dropping, even though it states clearly they are.

Its extremely frustrating. I had a back a forth with the team about the nazaraay mask, they would not acknowledge a problem until many days and 5+ response emails. It was a huge hassle for me, i knew the entire time i was right about it being bugged. Ahh well, guess ill be waiting to farm this one again too. Saddddd.
  • Ruslanchik
    Ruslanchik
    ✭✭
    I will say so. I'm not surprised the mask doesn't fall off again. How many times did ZOS forget to make a drop. We all remember how the Nazarene did not fall, the bug with Enkratis. And here's more. The Zos won't stop making such mistakes until they themselves admit they don't even try to make them. And if there are attempts to admit such mistakes, then again they step on the same rake. Thank you for playing! You keep making it better and better! keep the right direction.
  • Sallymen
    Sallymen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it with a group of friends. 20 different runs and 0 drops. This is definitely bugged. Can we get confirmation from anyone within the ZoS team? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Current Undaunted Key Count: 4,902
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also did 7 runs today. Don't know but that's so ridiculous already... Can we get another guar? Maybe a blue one because making a new model is too much effort, just give it a different color 🙄.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doing it on HM ups the rate from like .001% to like .01% so yeah you still probably aren't going to get it.
  • VenomSheru
    Sallymen wrote: »
    Did it with a group of friends. 20 different runs and 0 drops. This is definitely bugged. Can we get confirmation from anyone within the ZoS team? @ZOS_GinaBruno

I would say best of luck getting a confirmation, but you won't ever get a reply.
  • Nemezijus
    Nemezijus
    ✭✭✭
    Doing it on HM ups the rate from like .001% to like .01% so yeah you still probably aren't going to get it.

There was a tweet recently which confirmed that the only thing that matters for increased drop is having an HM achievement unlocked. You dont have to run HM every time.

nqbdfmi6f09k.jpg
    Edited by Nemezijus on November 25, 2022 7:44AM
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see no masks in guild stores (checking TTC) so guess it is not dropping
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nemezijus wrote: »

There was a tweet recently which confirmed that the only thing that matters for increased drop is having an HM achievement unlocked. You dont have to run HM every time.

nqbdfmi6f09k.jpg

sure, but even having the HM still barely ups the chance. People seem to act like it cumulative every tie they run the dungeon. When in fact no it's that % each time you run the dungeon. You could literally run in 1M times and never get the page cause every time it's that extremely low chance.
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its 2.5%/5%
    Edited by irswat on November 25, 2022 1:49PM
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AJA wrote: »
    flizomica wrote: »

Literally all of them the last 3-4 months

Well thats inline with microsofts final aquisition of zenimax on mar 9. :) I suspect theyre highly busy internally and just not telling us. Quality /Communication etc had been 0 ever since.

*correction.. apparently it was mar 9 last year.
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on November 25, 2022 2:00PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We’ll check on this but given the studio is closed until Monday, we may not be able to confirm until then. We’ll circle back as soon as we have more info.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Yarcnoshy
    Yarcnoshy
    Soul Shriven
    Gina knows what's most frustrating, it's not the lack of the drop, it's when you've done it 50 times it doesn't get it and a person who was loaded completely randomly and did it for the first time gets the style page first, that's frustrating, the zenimax should take better care of those who actually make the content and try to get it, like putting some counter adding a percentage to increase the percentage of those who made it several times and when picking up a mask that person has the counter reset again, so that the person is at least rewarded for effort
    We’ll check on this but given the studio is closed until Monday, we may not be able to confirm until then. We’ll circle back as soon as we have more info.