Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

2022 ESO GIFT EXCHANGE!!!!!

• lDaede
    lDaede
    ✭✭✭
    At the risk of it coming across as some sort of icky humble brag I wanted to share with everyone my excitement at finishing one of my two New Life event goals, project Glorious New Life is complete; All the care packages have been delivered! This is such a great community and all of you who have engaged with this thread share in this victory...

Every single player on PC/NA who posted their @name in this discussion have been sent a holiday care package, all 112 of them! A special shout out to @SunsetJelly, who unknowingly saved the day, I was down to my last few thousand when I received their timely golden gift without which I would have barely made it to the halfway point.

I would also like to say how very appreciative I am of those who took the time to send a thankyou note, it has been wonderful to read how my simple gifts have helped brighten your days. There has been another reason I am extra grateful for any replies I recieved though, whilst I have been grinding away these past few days I have been playing this silly fantasy in my head of Santa sending me a Pillion Horse (Update: @Trylien only went and did! I can't believe I have a Pillion horse to ride with my friends!); Before I received this beautiful mount though I was content just enjoying the fantasy and every little ding of mail received, set me all a flutter with anticipation thinking ooh that ding could really be it and it would reinvigorate me each and every time.

I have been keeping my post with all of the @names submitted up to date and would encourage anybody who hasn't done so yet to go check it out, pick a name and send a gift. No matter how small, no matter giving or receiving, gifts are fun for everyone.

Please go have a look
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7777087/#Comment_7777087

Also please give me a heads up (preferably via direct message) on any corrections to the list that need to be made, invalid username etc and If anyone who plays on X-Box reads this please try sending a mail to @Somber97866 and let me know what server you play on and if the mail went through or not so I can figure out what server they play on and take their name out of Unknown Server.

I have been updating my own wishlist with thanks for the generous gifts I have received but will repeat here my deepest gratitude to @Darkhorse1975, @Metheglyn, @gch_tamriel, @SunsetJelly, @Bethgael, @morrowjen and @TenThirty2 and @Trylien for the great joy they have brought to me.

<3A wonderful holiday season to all and may your hopes and dreams be fulfilled in the best possible ways! <3
    Edited by lDaede on December 29, 2022 4:27AM
    Platform = . Personal Computer . / . North American . = Server
    . 'Master Crafter' .
    . Slag Coldshut - Orsimeri - Nightblade .
    . Ojhaj'Rus-Xhiak - Saxhleel - Warden . & . Arcanist - Bretonic - Ygraine Dorémy .
    . Llianerina Dyivtyr - Dunmeri - Sorceror . & . Sorceror - Bosmeri - Trip Springfeet .
    . Vaerbelo Cindawar - Aldmeri - Nightblade . & . Necromancer - Yokudan - Tote Porter .
    . Ko'Rakiit the Deft - Khajiiti - Dragonknight . & . Templar - Nordic - Dagrný Skýrífa .
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to send out a few things, but @SunsetJelly 's name doesn't show up when I type it. Does that mean the mailbox is full or am I on a spam list for whatever reason? Anyway, it would be a pity, as I think I have a few things you'd like.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Coach99
    Coach99
    ✭✭
    Thank you @Needler777 for lovely gift of crates. And thanks @IDaede for that wonderful compilation.

I always love this thread and have always tried to send what I could. This year we were blessed with some good fortune and was I able to gift a bit more. I hope I;ve been able to brighten a few days for folks

I have no needs in game, but as we come into the New Year a wish for Peace & Joy for all beyond the borders of Tamriel.

Happy New Life, Happy New Year

With much appreciation for this wonderful community

-coach99
  • lDaede
    lDaede
    ✭✭✭
    @Syldras you won't always have a name autocomplete in the message field, in fact that will usually only happen if the name your typing is in the immediate vicinity or recently in chat or on your friends list or on your guild list. When you try sending the mail if the user you are sending to does not exist and or has a full mailbox you will receive a message in the top right of the screen saying as much and the mail itself will not send.

I can confirm that for PC/NA, where they don't really play much anymore, @SunsetJelly is the correct name and they themselves have stated they use the same name on both, it is possible though that the @name they use on PC/EU could be slightly different?

If you try to send the mail and do get an Invalid Username message your best bet would be to direct message them on these forums via their profile page where they go by @JellySunset https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/profile/comments/JellySunset and confirm.
    Edited by lDaede on December 28, 2022 5:31AM
    . 'Master Crafter' .
    . Ojhaj'Rus-Xhiak - Saxhleel - Warden . & . Arcanist - Bretonic - Ygraine Dorémy .
    . Llianerina Dyivtyr - Dunmeri - Sorceror . & . Sorceror - Bosmeri - Trip Springfeet .
    . Vaerbelo Cindawar - Aldmeri - Nightblade . & . Necromancer - Yokudan - Tote Porter .
    . Ko'Rakiit the Deft - Khajiiti - Dragonknight . & . Templar - Nordic - Dagrný Skýrífa .
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lDaede wrote: »
    @Syldras you won't always have a name autocomplete in the message field, in fact that will usually only happen if the name your typing is in the immediate vicinity or recently in chat or on your friends list or on your guild list.

Really? Thanks for the information. The names I tried before always showed up (even if I never had contact to that person before - I don't know if they might be in my trading guild, though), so I thought there would be something wrong if it doesn't. I'll just try it again later, thanks!
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • lDaede
    lDaede
    ✭✭✭
    I am kinda floating on a cloud right now because @Trylien just went and sent me a Grand Pillion Draft Horse.

Where to begin...
    I initially posted to this thread just to show my support for such a wonderful, community inspiring idea; So much so that when it came to putting things in my own wishlist my mind immediately went to things that could help the people I love who also play this game. The very top of that list in my mind was always the Pillion Mount but it was just such an absurd thing to ask for, I can't tell you all how many times I deleted that request but ultimately I decided to keep it on there not because anyone would ever be crazy enough to gift it to me but rather just for the dream of it. It was not something I could hope to afford to buy myself and so having it on my wishlist was a way to give the slightest hint of possibility to the fantasy of owning that mount.

A few hours ago I put that fantasy to bed, I had managed to level both of my friends characters to 50 with just the CP levels to go and finished sending out all of the gift packages; It had been a wild ride but I decided it was time to come back to reality. With the perfect timing I have so often been blessed with in this life it was then as I am sorting out my inventory I receive a new message from @Needler777, who we all know has been extraordinarily prolific in their generosity to everyone here, asking me what crown store item I wanted! This was my chance, I could actually get the mount, all I had to do was ask; I did not. Instead I thanked them for their amazing contributions to this community and this event but politely let them know I had received more than I could have ever hoped for and wanted for nothing.

I knew full well the next time my friends could manage to come on for a few hours I would regret not taking that chance but it just didn't feel right. It may sound kinda weird to some however I really have had such a blast giving it seemed the height of selfishness to go and ask for anything in return as well. I had fully accepted the fantasy was over and was content if somewhat melancholic for it's loss.

A little while later during my couple of hour check in to see if my big list post needs updating I see a message from @Syldras who is having difficulty sending a gift to @SunsetJelly, I had previously received a wonderful gift from @SunsetJelly so knew I had their correct @name but quickly loaded up ESO to double check and was met with this gift from @Trylien...

ciyoh8hbr852.jpg

I can only describe what I experienced next as sense shattering joy, if you have ever been so fortunate as to have witnessed a child overcome with happiness to the point that they start running around in circles on the spot, I cannot physically run anymore but my mind was akin to that; To be honest it kinda still is.

<3 Thank you @Trylien for very literally turning a surrendered fantasy into a staggering reality. <3

. 'Master Crafter' .
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @lDaede for for the little holiday package. You are a gentleperson and a scholar.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Darkmage1337
    PC-NA

Happy Holidays to all! :smiley:
    I would be very grateful for an Aetherial Well furnishing (3,000 crowns).
    An Aetherial Well would complete my Primary Residence's furniture-limit as well as complete my dueling arena! :smiley:
    I will edit an update if received!

There may be a well in your very near future.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • SpectralRaven
    Thank you so so much again @Needler777 as a new player this is the most amazing experience. I got a really cool guar mount type of thing. Best wished and festive blessings

SpectralRaven Pc Eu.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @lDaede for the holiday gifts and for your awesome posts which have become the new measure for the Spirit of Christmas and Giving!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coach99 wrote: »
    I hope I;ve been able to brighten a few days for folks

You definitely brightened mine - thank you again! Things like merchants and bankers not existing on both NA/EU has always felt a little unfair, and it felt bad to ask people to let me use their merchant when I was so used to having my own on my original server. Having a merchant on NA has been a huge quality of life improvement!

--

More generally - I've been updating my original post to thank people, but I want to say there are some amazing people in this community. I have felt really down about the game because of all the issues lately, but the people here keep reminding me of what matters most. I hope I managed to make some people smile as well with the bits I have been sending out. You are all awesome <3
  • MissHeartseekerx
    MissHeartseekerx
    ✭✭✭
    Mirrasol wrote: »

And once again, happy holidays everyone!

You are most welcome, I hope you have had a wonderful festive season!

PC EUMy mains:Ammelin <Spirit Slayer> - Bosmer Stamblade, DDDovesi Indarys <Extinguisher of Flames> - Dunmer Magcro, HealerRochelle Draconis <Shadow Breaker> - Breton Magsorc, TankLingers-in-Shadow <Bonecallers Bane> - Argonian Magplar, Healer
  • MissHeartseekerx
    MissHeartseekerx
    ✭✭✭
    I am afraid I can't find my post in the thread, so, I'd like to thank @Needler777 for their generous gift. I recall a very generous gift last year from you, too. Thank you for bringing so much joy to so many of us on the forums!
    PC EUMy mains:Ammelin <Spirit Slayer> - Bosmer Stamblade, DDDovesi Indarys <Extinguisher of Flames> - Dunmer Magcro, HealerRochelle Draconis <Shadow Breaker> - Breton Magsorc, TankLingers-in-Shadow <Bonecallers Bane> - Argonian Magplar, Healer
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA @Marronsuisse

I loved doing this last year! This year I'm not so new so I can hopefully send out fancier gifts. :)

For me, I would love if anyone had any extra:
    • Scaly Scrap Cloths!
    • High Isle structural furnishings (walls, floors, windows, doorways, etc)
    • Leyawiin structural furnishings

And if anyone is feeling extra generous! From the Crown Store:
    • The Tousled Bard hairstyle
    • The Sidelong Sweep hairstyle

I asked for food furnishings last year and was able to make my winter feast house; anyone is welcome to visit, currently my primary. <3

Edit: Thank you @Darkhorse1975 for the Scaly Scrap, and @heaven13, @gameswithaspoon, @Evarelia and @Lady_Galadhiel for the furniture! And thank you to @Metheglyn for the hairstyle, and @Needler777 for the hairstyle and circlet! Everyone is so generous, I hope the gifts I have sent out can match even some of that generosity. <3

I hope everyone enjoyed their gifts!

Once again, a heartfelt thanks to everyone who sent me something lovely. And another thanks to @Needler777 for the crates on top of that!

And finally a very Happy New Life to the player who pointed out to me that I've been farming the wrong public dungeon for Scaly Cloth Scraps. It's... no wonder I've never managed to collect any, haha.

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just received a few thank you gifts from @SunsetJelly: an Indoril Carpet (Vivec), a pillow and a few CWC items - thank you so much! And I'm really happy too that I could bring you joy with the furniture I sent you :)

6fl2hhpx5dtr.jpg
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • lDaede
    lDaede
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to give a quick heads up that 2 people who posted their details in this thread way back when it first started may have missed out on the giving season.

The forum user Living_Tribunal gave the wrong name on page 1 of great_old_one when it should have been...
    PC/NA @the_oneaboveall

The forum user Cylixx who posted a wish list you can check out on page 3 had a full inbox for most of the holidays...
    PC/NA @Cylixx

I have already sent both my usual humble little gift package but thought I should mention it in case any of the big gifters had missed these two.
    . 'Master Crafter' .
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Darkmage1337
    PC-NA

Happy Holidays to all! :smiley:
    I would be very grateful for an Aetherial Well furnishing (3,000 crowns).
    An Aetherial Well would complete my Primary Residence's furniture-limit as well as complete my dueling arena! :smiley:
    I will edit an update if received!

There may be a well in your very near future.

Well, you were the only well! Thank you so much! I wish you well!
    Is my Aetherial Well also a Wishing Well?
    Because my wish was granted! :blush:
    I wish for another well! :wink:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on December 29, 2022 5:14PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you @Needler777!
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not play this as much as I used to however I do still have several bundles/stories that are incomplete that I'd appreciate being collected to make a whole set. I am aware that's it's quite late in this process but still wanted to speak up should anyone have some remaining generosity to share. Whether I receive anything or not, I express my thanks in advance.

Game contact: @VaxtinTheWolf

DLC:
    Dragonhold (2000c)
    Markarth (2000c) - @Trylien
    Wolfhunter (1500c)

Style Parlor:
    Fine Upstanding Spines (400c) - @metheglyn
    ---
    @lDaede has also provided some holiday cheer via Mail.
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on December 31, 2022 8:14PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭✭
    turlisley wrote: »
    @turlisley
    PC-NA

Happy Holidays, all!

I am missing 2 Chapters: Greymoor & High Isle.
    I would be very happy to be able to access them!

Thank you for Blackwood! @Needler777
    I am almost caught up, missing 2 more.
    It is wonderful seeing so many gifts! :)
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Turlisley
  • Mirrasol
    Mirrasol
    ✭✭
    Thank you so-so much, @Lord_Graas, for turning a long-standing wish into a reality! I'm overwhelmed with joy!

zw66d0aa969v.png
    "Let us engage in purple vertex".

• Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to make a request for the New Life Festival Pack , I received the snowglobe home and would love to make it look really festive before it leaves the store! @Rageybae NA/Pc

pgh7gxx2upa1.jpg
    Edited by Rageypoo on December 31, 2022 5:21AM
  • lDaede
    lDaede
    ✭✭✭
    Please ignore this. Post no longer relevant.
    Edited by lDaede on January 1, 2023 2:37AM
    . 'Master Crafter' .
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @needler777 for the crate gift (I spent a week wondering why I got it because you are not in any of my guilds... and only thought I'd check the forum today). I see you brought Christmas to many people, it's really lovely of you, so a big thanks from the bottom of my heart!
    Edited by Khenarthi on January 2, 2023 9:01AM
    PC-EU
  • Erinia
    Erinia
    ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year everyone! :smile:
    You are all amazing, and this is one of the most heartwarming topics on the forum! <3 Wish to all of us the happy and easy new year, peaceful, full of love and friendship, and may each of us find in next year whatever s/he want the most. Take care and have fun! o:)
    @Erinia, PC EU
    Gift Exchange 2023! My WishList here!
  • marcbf
    marcbf
    ✭✭✭
    Now that we've entered the new year (hopefully, everyone had a great New Year's Eve!) and the New Life Festival is about to end I just wanted to express my thanks and admiration for all involved in the 2022 ESO Gift Exchange. Especially to @Aliyavana for kicking it off, but of course to all the amazing people involved. May you all have a fantastic 2023 and see you in-game (well, if you're on PC EU ;)). <3
    Edited by marcbf on January 1, 2023 3:38PM
  • fleetingyouth_ESO
    fleetingyouth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year everyone!

I just wanted to thank everyone again for the gifts sent to me and everyone in this great community. I only wish this was something we could do more often as it was so much fun finding special things that people were looking for. I'm also blown away by just how many amazing crown gifts people were able to send each other. Some of you put Santa to shame haha.

Because of the gifts I received, I spent the holidays working on my first house build. Which led me to search out furnishing plans and antiquities. Areas of the game I previously didn't invest much time into. It was a lot of fun doing something different and I'm still working on making the Alinor Townhouse into an art gallery/museum. Several of the rooms I'm really happy with so far.

Everyone on PC/NA is invited to friend me(@beithe) and come check it out. Also, any advice to make it better, especially on lighting is very much appreciated.

Here is a look at my treasure/antiquities room.
    fv4gg4vbyc3b.png
  • CapsuleCorpZ
    CapsuleCorpZ
    ✭✭
    @needler777 is Santa clause confirmed. Much love and best of wishes to you in everything.
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    2tkj3wd3h5f9.jpg

By the Moons! Khajiit stalled out all the gifts I received from various people this year. Look at how much it is together! This one thanks all of you for the flowers, parfume bottles, carpets, books, and other khajiity furnishings! It barely fits in the screen! I am so happy!
    @Syldras @schnickipinzi @Enemoriana and @Izzy_D!
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the person who unexpectedly appeared in my sister's house, shoved a few mundane runes into my pocket, threw some flowers at me and disappeared again while I was just trying to hang a painting: I'm sorry, I was so perplexed I missed memorizing or jotting down your name before you were gone :D Anyway, thank you very much for the runes! I'm always short of them, so each single one is a huge help :)

Also huge thanks to @Enemoriana , who sent me another new Velothi Shroud for my collection, a painting, a hand mirror, a pillow and crafting material to craft even more pillows :)

s5so2314qmgd.jpg
    @Syldras | PC | EU