The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can't view Cyrodiil daily boards

Billium813
Billium813
✭✭✭✭✭
I have 2 characters: my main is AD and my alt is DC. Both have completed the "Welcome to Cyrodiil" quest. My main completed the quest like 8 years ago (3/2014) and my alt completed it ~1 year ago.

On my AD character, I go to Cyrodiil. I go to the Eastern Elsweyr Gate. None of the daily boards are interact-able.
On my DC character, I go to Cyrodiil. I go to the Southern High Rock Gate. All of the daily boards are interact-able.

What am I missing? Why can't my AD character pickup any dailies?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 15, 2022 11:51PM
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] I hesitate to think this is some kind of bug and that I'm not just missing something obvious... Why can my AD main not see dailies in Cyrodiil? But my alt character in DC can.

[edited for thread bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 29, 2022 5:43PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why this is posted in player's helping players since it needs the attention of Zenimax's technical support for the platform you are on if you are looking for an actual resolution to the issue.

I suggest creating a support ticket on the subject. I also suggest including the pertinent information that is not included in the thread here, such as what server and platform and what characters can and cannot see the boards. Include the campaign each is in since all of this could be playing a role.

Once you have created that ticket, I suggest adding the ticket number here. I would report this thread asking them to move it to the appropriate platform technical support, but I do not know what platform that should be. I will look for your update and then report the thread to ask them to move it to the correct area.

Good luck.
  • Lucifer_Sam
    Lucifer_Sam
    ✭✭
    Go back and make sure you did the siege weapons portion of the intro quest.

See: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9633/~/why-cant-i-find-any-quests-in-cyrodiil?
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Not sure why this is posted in player's helping players since it needs the attention of Zenimax's technical support for the platform you are on if you are looking for an actual resolution to the issue.

I suggest creating a support ticket on the subject. I also suggest including the pertinent information that is not included in the thread here, such as what server and platform and what characters can and cannot see the boards. Include the campaign each is in since all of this could be playing a role.

Once you have created that ticket, I suggest adding the ticket number here. I would report this thread asking them to move it to the appropriate platform technical support, but I do not know what platform that should be. I will look for your update and then report the thread to ask them to move it to the correct area.

Good luck.

You sound pretty confident that this is indeed a bug. I am assuming I am just missing something since my DC character can see them, but my AD character can't. I didn't include server and platform information because that shouldn't matter if I am just missing something that I need. I opened a support ticket, but haven't heard anything yet.
    Go back and make sure you did the siege weapons portion of the intro quest.

See: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9633/~/why-cant-i-find-any-quests-in-cyrodiil?

Ok, this was indeed it! Thanks so much! I was confused because Zaan was not marked on the map with one of those main story quest markers. Also, why does the Map Completion only list the "Welcome to Cyrodiil" quest if there are like 3 more quests that are REQUIRED?! THAT should be a bug.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »

Good luck.

You sound pretty confident that this is indeed a bug. I am assuming I am just missing something since my DC character can see them, but my AD character can't. I didn't include server and platform information because that shouldn't matter if I am just missing something that I need. I opened a support ticket, but haven't heard anything yet.

I have not suggested anything other than the best course of action to resolve the issue without further information.

Fortunately, someone had specific suggestions that worked.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »

Good luck.

I have not suggested anything other than the best course of action to resolve the issue without further information.

Fortunately, someone had specific suggestions that worked.

im not sure how much people trust the customer support in this game, nor is that remotely close to being fast to resolve the issue

for the OP, when you get the first quest and then choose the "i already know what im doing" option, they direct you to the grand warlord that gives out the scroll repeatable quests and that basically auto completes it and should allow doing the dailies without having to go through the full tutorial every time
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the OP, when you get the first quest and then choose the "i already know what im doing" option, they direct you to the grand warlord that gives out the scroll repeatable quests and that basically auto completes it and should allow doing the dailies without having to go through the full tutorial every time

I think what must have happened was:

I completed all the parts of "Welcome to Cyrodiil" quest, up to the last part: Speak to Zan. Now, since this was my main from 2014, for whatever reason I never went down to Zan and the whole thing just slipped from my memory. I never bothered with Cyrodiil dailies and just let that portion of the game go unnoticed.

Fast forward to now and I wanted to get some Arena Gladiator's Proof, but I see no dailies in Cyrodiil...

The part that bothers me is that my "Welcome to Cyrodiil" quest was marked as completed on the zone info! Also, even though I still needed to talk with Zan at the Siege range, I had no marker on the map to tell me about it. The solution was, of course, I just needed to run down and check if that last step was completed. I thought it had been (other characters I have are completed), but I was mistaken. I was reinforced that that must not be the issue because like I said, my "Welcome to Cyrodiil" quest was marked as completed... Also, if talking to Zan is a completely separate quest, then it should be one of the zone's required quests on the zone info page. I was just kind of lost as to what the issue could be! Glad I got it figured out tho!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are glad to hear that the OP can now view Cyrodiil daily boards. Since this issue has been resolved, we will now close the thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.