The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

New daily reward reset times make no sense; please just use 0600 UTC like everything else

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I understand that 0000 UTC is not a great reset time, as it coincides with NA primetime. So changing it is a fine idea.

But by why on earth is it 0300 and 1000 UTC?! Why not make the daily reward reset time the same as the daily reset times for everything else?

0600 UTC is outside of both NA and EU's prime time, and it is the current reset time for
  • Daily quests
  • Endeavors
  • Event tickets
  • A host of miscellaneous cooldowns

Why not just use this time for the daily reward reset as well?

The changes on the PTS mean that players will still have to keep track of and manage two separate "daily reset" times. And for those of us who play on both NA and EU, what we have on PTS mean that we need to track three different reset times. That's nonsensical.

Please standardize around one single reset time―0600 UTC―for everything.
Edited by code65536 on September 23, 2022 4:54PM
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time to rule them all makes the most sense. But expecting sense here...
    PS5/NA
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭
    While we're at it, can we finally standardize the "player-dependent" cooldowns, such as hireling mails and horse training, to operate on a global daily cooldown? This would alleviate a lot of stress when trying to maximise hireling material gain and minimise the dead time between horse training lessons, whilst also still encouraging the same number of daily logins.
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    AJTC5000 wrote: »
    While we're at it, can we finally standardize the "player-dependent" cooldowns, such as hireling mails and horse training, to operate on a global daily cooldown? This would alleviate a lot of stress when trying to maximise hireling material gain and minimise the dead time between horse training lessons, whilst also still encouraging the same number of daily logins.

So much this. Let me play the game when I want, and not when some timers tell me to play.
  • ninibini
    ninibini
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone playing on both servers I'd appreciate it if both are at the same time. And like Code mentioned above, having just one global reset time at 06:00 UTC would make the most sense. Which could apply to login rewards, writs, horse timers, hirelings, dungeon and BG random reward reset etc.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would love it if Hirelings just reset at 0600 and 1800 instead of being dependent on when you logged in last.
    Playing since beta...
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Totally. The new reset times make no sense to me at all.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait what? They will change time reset?
    If I understand it correctly, daily rewards will reset 5am Central european time and daily writs and seals 3 hours later? Or how?
    Or am the only one confused?
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also a strong supporter of just having everything be at one consistent time across the board. It'd make everything so much easier to manage.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Why not just use this time for the daily reward reset as well?

Server load, as I have heard it explained.
    Totally. The new reset times make no sense to me at all.

Same here. I would prefer they be at the same time for all servers. I don't care if they are different from all of the other timers, or the same, or what they are, but the daily rewards timers should be the same globally.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was genuinely surprised they chose a different time for daily endeavor changeovers. It's better than what we have now, but it doesn't make sense why they didn't just use the standard reset time.

I just hope this means the day will start on the same calendar day, rather than the day before. I missed September 1st because I logged in a few minutes after 8 PM on September 1st. :|
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing is, the hireling mails have a 12h cooldown, so you can potentially get two in one day. Would be nice to have 2-12h reset times though
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • PapaJester
    PapaJester
    ✭✭✭
    Signed.