The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

price of crown crates is just too high.

dragonlord500
dragonlord500
✭✭✭✭✭
I just finished watching some videos about the crown crates and the most common problem is that the RNG is extremely bad for these crates for trying to get a reward you want. 40 bucks for just 15 crates seems like too much money to me. so that would mean it costs over a 1000 bucks for the radiant Apex mounts.

this alone is just too crazy and it seems to me Zos is preying on the "fear of missing out" effect on people.

you should add a special NPC that can trade gold for crowns in ESO so that way its entirely legit and I mean tons of other online games does this so why ESO doesn't have this system.

either lower the cost of the crown crates or increase the crowns you get from money purchase.

a side note it seems to take about 2 years for an old crown crate to rotate into the game and I mean that for the nightfall crate that came out and lasted between June and September of 2020 but it didn't re-release until of august of this year. so the wait is very long.

on a positive side of that fact if you do your seals of endeavors every day and every week during the 2 year down time of the crates you are targeting you will have enough seals for any radiant apex mount you want from that system plus have enough seals left over for an apex item as well.
Edited by dragonlord500 on September 20, 2022 6:06PM
Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That won't happen unfortunately. Crowns and crown crates are where they make the most money unfortunately. It's kinda predatory if you ask me.
    Options
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you should add a special NPC that can trade gold for crowns in ESO so that way its entirely legit and I mean tons of other online games does this so why ESO doesn't have this system.

It would be perfect, and it would make me to resume playing ESO actively again :) There were few very discouraging changes in the game, but the main thing why I barely play these days - certain Discord communities hugely inflated the price of "gifts for gold" about a year ago, so it's much harder to find people willing to gift crowns at usual, adequate rate now.

Few people can't offer enough crown supply to me (if I like certain crate season, I could open hundreds of crates, and they were bought from many people). So nowadays I see no reason to subscribe and play alot to earn gold. If developers would introduce official "gold > crown" (and vice versa) exchange system, I would be so happy <3

Nowadays I play GW2 as main game precisely because it has official "gold > store currency" system. I came to that game purely for Griffon flying mount, but this activity gets old after almost 3 years :(However, I stay there because I earn gold and buy lot of pretty mount skins. I spend real money on DLCs and expansions (same as I did in ESO), but all the cosmetic stuff I buy with gold.
    on a positive side of that fact if you do your seals of endeavors every day and every week during the 2 year down time of the crates you are targeting you will have enough seals for any radiant apex mount you want from that system plus have enough seals left over for an apex item as well.

This is true. Seals of Endeavors is the only thing which makes me log in every day into ESO. I am not able to buy as many stuff (I used to buy mounts and other cosmetics carelessly) nowadays, but I can at least save for stuff which I will really, 100% love. Sad thing - this is not nearly enough for me, I need to have a new mount skin at least every 2 months - or else I'm irritated :D

I love the gameplay of ESO much more than GW2 (except for Griffon flying, of course), but without the drive to earn gold and spend it on cosmetic items, I barely play :'(

I went from "My house can't contain all this awesomeness!"

uZOU1Aa.jpg

and "I only like 1 mount from this season, but why not open more crates if I can?"

Ll8I4T7.jpg

to "This mount is nice, but I don't love it enough to desperately search for enough of gift sellers... or spend my gems/seals on it."

With certain pleasantly unexpected changes to ESO, such as account-wide achievements and potentially promising Customized Actions, I really hope to see official currency exchange system someday too :)
    Options