Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Why can't you buy transmute crystals?

• ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arfoster99 wrote: »
    I don't get it...
    Reconstruction costs 25 crystals.
    600÷25=24
    How can one Charakter wear 24 pieces of Equipment?
    Maybe you should rethink how you go about this?

And traits do not have that much of an impact, as some players are insisting upon. It's not like a build becomes unplayable, because I lack one piece of Bloodthirsty jewelry.
    Having a piece in the wrong traits is preferable to not having a piece at all.

But hey, that's just me...

Erm... it costs 50 transmute crystals to change traits btw. (Which is too high I might add)

-Agree, that might be a little much considering can reconstruct pieces for 25

It seems the price to reconstruct comes down the more you farm a dungeon of whatever sets it provides.

-Thats the idea. If you want to reconstruct a set, farm it all. It aint that hard.

Also traits have a massive impact.

-Meh, massive is too strong a word. All Divines vs No Divines is something like 3.8 crit chance when running thief. I wont say it doesnt matter, but massive, sorry. you will never notice a few "bad" traits in a build.

All the current pieces I have on my character are stupid things like impenetrable, sturdy and well fitted.(why are these are so common?)

-All have same drop chance. Ironically, those traits you listed are mostly PVP/tank traits, where traits are way more important than PVE. I would much rather PVE without divines than PVP without Impen.

What I need are divines & reinforced.
    -I almost never used reinforced for whatever that is worth.

Even my weapons have rubbish traits.
    -Farm better ones or farm transmutes, its an MMO.

Anyways I have now created a bunch of new characters I don't want just to farm these bloody things.

-Then farm the gear itself. Either way its a farm, and while the Line for P2W is very blury IMO, putting these in the cash shop would certainly be over it.

I am all for introducing more sources of Transmute Crystals. I am all for reevaluating the cost. For example, If I know a full set, why is it 50 to change and 25 to reconstruct. I also think that if you craft gold gear, it should be much cheaper to change the trait.

Certainly some loopholes to be closed, but this is intended to reduce a grind not eliminate it. Its still faster to farm 50 transmutes than an item in the perfect trait.

Putting these in the crown store would be crossing a line. Everyone has different definitions of P2W, but ZOS has done a good job of keeping gear out of the crown store. This would be pandoras box.

Transmute cost should follow construction cost for sure.