Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Why can't you buy transmute crystals?

• N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More sources of transmute crystals is fine and is always welcome. But if they made them tradable then what's to stop someone from opening that credit card to buy crowns, trading the crowns for gold, and then buying the transmute crystals. That's still pay to win.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    So, this is where everyone draws the line and says 'pay to win', eh?

- Looks at cash shop...- lol.

Just let people sell them on the AH.

Or just do the relevant content. Zenimax clearly wanted us to do specific content to gain crystals and chose to limit how many crystals we can horde, so allowing us to sell them to other players would not make sense.

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got 10 TCs from playing ToT, so I think that's definitely a viable way of farming TCs. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Or just do the relevant content. Zenimax clearly wanted us to do specific content to gain crystals and chose to limit how many crystals we can horde, so allowing us to sell them to other players would not make sense.

Zos used to want us to run dungeons forever to get the right trait. Zos used to want us refarm items that we once had but deconstructed. The point is, things change, and this is another requested change.
    Edited by ForumBully on September 11, 2022 11:13PM
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    to the people with crazy amounts of transmute crystals- ever think about golding out monster helm sets with 1 mat?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is not really a limit on how many crystals you can horde - I have 1000 banked and more than 1000 still in geodes on various characters. You just don't open them until you need them.

I fail to understand why they limit how many you can hold but don't think they should be tradable.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ForumBully wrote: »

Zos used to want us to run dungeons forever to get the right trait. Zos used to want us refarm items that we once had but deconstructed. The point is, things change, and this is another requested change.

I never said things do not change, so I am unsure what the point is. They changed how we got crystals since they added the system. Zenimax made it easier to get transmutation crystals outside of doing PvP and increased the crystal cap.

However, changing the dungeon incentive from the perfect trait to the crystals so we could change traits made sense. Making it so we can sell them and reduce how many people run dungeons does not.

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They also want you to still play the game. An MMO needs players repeating content for long term health of the game. They realized running a dungeon 200 times and still not getting a weapon you wanted was off putting. They also understand they still want players repeating the content not just a one and done or skipping all together and purchasing items through the traders. So they gave us a compromise. Better for the players but not overly detrimental to the long term health of the game. Win/win.
    If players got every convenience they asked for most of us would have become bored with the game long ago and moved on. The current system is a good compromise compared to how it was before we got the sticker book and transition stones.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use your free character slots to roll up some tanks. They can all have the same build. Then you can do daily RNDs with each of them. As a tank, your queue should pop fairly quickly and if you only keep them to level 30 before rolling up another, you are guaranteed to get the quick and easy dungeons.

That's what I did before I got into PVP.
    PC - NA
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought op want a gold sink, clicked open then see op want a new cash shop item
  • arfoster99
    arfoster99
    ✭✭
    I don't get it...
    Reconstruction costs 25 crystals.
    600÷25=24
    How can one Charakter wear 24 pieces of Equipment?
    Maybe you should rethink how you go about this?

And traits do not have that much of an impact, as some players are insisting upon. It's not like a build becomes unplayable, because I lack one piece of Bloodthirsty jewelry.
    Having a piece in the wrong traits is preferable to not having a piece at all.

But hey, that's just me...

Erm... it costs 50 transmute crystals to change traits btw. (Which is too high I might add)

It seems the price to reconstruct comes down the more you farm a dungeon of whatever sets it provides.

Also traits have a massive impact.

All the current pieces I have on my character are stupid things like impenetrable, sturdy and well fitted.(why are these are so common?)

What I need are divines & reinforced.

Even my weapons have rubbish traits.

Anyways I have now created a bunch of new characters I don't want just to farm these bloody things.
    Edited by arfoster99 on September 12, 2022 5:30AM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    to the people with crazy amounts of transmute crystals- ever think about golding out monster helm sets with 1 mat?

Why would I do that and lose both gold mat and transmutes? I'd rather do classic transmute-to-nirncrux conversion.
    Edited by EF321 on September 12, 2022 5:26AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I just got 10 TCs from playing ToT, so I think that's definitely a viable way of farming TCs. :)

I probably should have mentioned that this was from playing 3 NPCs for the ToT daily. I played another 6 NPC matches after finishing my dungeon grinding and got 10 more TCs, so 20 just from playing some matches against NPCs. If you play ranked matches against other players then you can get a lot more, depending on your rank, although NPC matches are probably less stressful for a lot of players. It probably wouldn't take very long to farm 600 TCs that way-- a matter of days or weeks, based on how many matches you felt like playing each day.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not that bad. Just group with someone under 45 and get a guaranteed fast random normal.

You can buy a second account if you really want and don't like talking to people.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can have up too 18 characters, with 10 transmutes a day in rdn. 180 transmutes per day (granted will take a few hours) if you hybrid a healer/dps build. If you have time on top of that you can also do your tales or tribute daily win, for 5 more per day on a random chance, AND if you pick up pledges before doing a random normal one of your 18 is gonna land a pledge. More stones!
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    What wrong with earning them?
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree there are a lot of P2W things already in the crown store, but we were never asked before zos implemented those things. You can't "draw the line" if your opinion wasn't considered and doesn't matter in the first place.

XP scrolls, AP scrolls, Skyshard unlocks, skill line unlocks, crafting research, mount training, etc. are all forms of P2W. People just don't like the idea of their favorite game being called P2W so they come up with other clever terms like "pay for convenience" instead. It's not just about being able to buy overpowered gear with money (does any non-mobile game made in the West even do this?), it's also anything that speeds up your progression in a progression-based game.

If you're into under level 50 PVP then there are a lot of things in the store that can give you an advantage over a non-paying player. Just buy skyshards, skill lines, mount training, etc. and your character has an advantage over someone who didn't pay.

We just don't need more forms of P2W.

Edited by N00BxV1 on September 12, 2022 11:06AM
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"Play how you want", right?

So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said things do not change, so I am unsure what the point is. They changed how we got crystals since they added the system. Zenimax made it easier to get transmutation crystals outside of doing PvP and increased the crystal cap.

However, changing the dungeon incentive from the perfect trait to the crystals so we could change traits made sense. Making it so we can sell them and reduce how many people run dungeons does not.

One might argue that the dungeon experience is suffering from having too many people that don't want to be present.

For example, the people that are after transmutes will sometimes leave if they get sent to a longer dungeon. As the back-fill system frequently struggles this means players will be doing the dungeon short a player which some players do not enjoy doing.

You also end up with players that are after transmutes queuing for roles that do not match what their character does so they can get a faster match this can lead to runs that aren't necessarily providing a great experience.
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure I would consider it "pay to win" .... because you CAN get them, and you CAN ONLY use them in the same way, NO MATTER how you got them.

I have a few hundred, and I have, YET, to get anyone up in Cyrodiil high enough to use caltrops.

And, I also have to agree with the issue, especially in light of this most current U35 change --- I cannot refer to it as an "update", when almost nothing got better..... which is sad, because the new dungeons are beautiful.... at least, according to the very small number of my guildmembers that can now get to it, get in, and actually see more than the first load in area, and the repeated death screens in the next hall.

And, I have a nearly master crafter --- I am down to a handful of items to finish researching, and I will be totally complete with all traits..... and I have spent nearly every coin I have earned buying ingots, leather and platinum to keep up with requests for new equipment..... we are talking in the millions of gold to buy those - craft for people - and turn around and redo it again.
    And, I usually work on a "pay me what you think the item is worth" methodology, as I want to help my fellow players have a good time.....

Sadly, I may not be able to do so, much longer ..... since the U35 change, I have used up over 700 Sapphires, alone, making sets with Divines .... I am not sure how many infused, but I know I had somewhere around a thousand of them, either just above, or below, and as of last night, I have 127 left .....

I have been playing since January, and my first character was always planned on being a crafter --- I studied the crafting system, etc. I have ALL of my other characters I built to explore reset on CP for max gathering .... and I grab EVERY node I see, do my writs on all characters, and even buy surveys, when they are cheap enough.....

At the very least, they should do a 125 stone drop with every change like U35 ..... so that people can swap out one set for something they may already have in their sticker book.....
    ESO is starting to feel like a job .... constant grinding to get it right, and then poof, do it again, we changed it all. No different than "good, you got that order together, here's the next customer"

Auldwulfe

• Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More transmute crystals would do little good for new players that haven't filled their sticker book yet.
    And if you have filled most of the sticker book you probably have earned enough transmutes.

Edited by Four_Fingers on September 12, 2022 4:58PM
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldwulfe wrote: »
    (...)

I have been playing since January, and my first character was always planned on being a crafter --- I studied the crafting system, etc. I have ALL of my other characters I built to explore reset on CP for max gathering .... and I grab EVERY node I see, do my writs on all characters, and even buy surveys, when they are cheap enough.....

(...)

Can you please elaborate? Because crafting surveys are not tradable. Treasure maps are, but not surveys.

Maybe you meant Master Writs?
    Edited by N00BxV1 on September 12, 2022 5:09PM
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    Auldwulfe wrote: »
    (...)

(...)

Can you please elaborate? Because crafting surveys are not tradable. Treasure maps are, but not surveys.

Maybe you meant Master Writs?

Yep, master writs, because I usually find a survey in them..... sorry about that.
    Also, to the player that sold those 20 some Deep Winter Writs at 200 gold each... thank you, I found over a dozen surveys in there, and got enough tickets to really speed up the rest of my crafting research.

Auldwulfe
    Edited by Auldwulfe on September 12, 2022 5:27PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"Play how you want", right?

The answer to that question is NO.

"Play as you want" has nothing to do with this, and that is extremely clear. Want specific gear from a dungeon, trial, or arena, and you must do that content. However, you can do it, or attempt to do it, in any build you want to, which is "play as you want."
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

One might argue that the dungeon experience is suffering from having too many people that don't want to be present.

For example, the people that are after transmutes will sometimes leave if they get sent to a longer dungeon. As the back-fill system frequently struggles this means players will be doing the dungeon short a player which some players do not enjoy doing.

You also end up with players that are after transmutes queuing for roles that do not match what their character does so they can get a faster match this can lead to runs that aren't necessarily providing a great experience.

Interesting how I never experience this. No one ever leaves dungeon groups I am in. Oh, I only run with guildies to ensure I have a good smooth run. I do not deal with the petty issues that crop up from having the game form the group for me to avoid those who drop the group because they think someone's CP is too low or deal with low DPS or players who die all the time. It is the superior way to do dungeons.

• LordRukia
    LordRukia
    ✭✭✭✭
    arfoster99 wrote: »
    Uuurgh....with no better options, I shall do as you say sir.

Thank you for your advice.

The characters don't have to be 50, just get a few lvl 10's and start queueing tank or heals. 90% of the time it will be some *** easy dungeon that takes a few min. This is also great for leveling alts for those of us that mostly play 1 character and don't wanna go through the hoops again, so try to put some time into them appearance & name wise cuz once they turn 50 you might want to play them some day.

Another bonus is more characters to do writs on for materials/gold
    Edited by LordRukia on September 12, 2022 5:57PM
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO crystals is the easiest ressource to aquire. You can buy wood and stones and repair one or twi walls or doors in Cyrodil for 50. Problem solced.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    they are very easy to get , I have so many I cant store them all
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are very easy to get , I have so many I cant store them all

Yeah, sometimes when I've already got 1000, or even just 995+, I sort of cringe at seeing more pop up in my rewards, mostly because I'm afraid I might accidentally use/take the reward and lose any TCs that go over the limit. I know it's easy to simply reconstruct a piece of gear to "store" 25 crystals in, but that starts to get to be another kind of hassle to manage.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arfoster99 wrote: »
    I don't get it...
    Reconstruction costs 25 crystals.
    600÷25=24
    How can one Charakter wear 24 pieces of Equipment?
    Maybe you should rethink how you go about this?

And traits do not have that much of an impact, as some players are insisting upon. It's not like a build becomes unplayable, because I lack one piece of Bloodthirsty jewelry.
    Having a piece in the wrong traits is preferable to not having a piece at all.

But hey, that's just me...

Erm... it costs 50 transmute crystals to change traits btw. (Which is too high I might add)

-Agree, that might be a little much considering can reconstruct pieces for 25

It seems the price to reconstruct comes down the more you farm a dungeon of whatever sets it provides.

-Thats the idea. If you want to reconstruct a set, farm it all. It aint that hard.

Also traits have a massive impact.

-Meh, massive is too strong a word. All Divines vs No Divines is something like 3.8 crit chance when running thief. I wont say it doesnt matter, but massive, sorry. you will never notice a few "bad" traits in a build.

All the current pieces I have on my character are stupid things like impenetrable, sturdy and well fitted.(why are these are so common?)

-All have same drop chance. Ironically, those traits you listed are mostly PVP/tank traits, where traits are way more important than PVE. I would much rather PVE without divines than PVP without Impen.

What I need are divines & reinforced.
    -I almost never used reinforced for whatever that is worth.

Even my weapons have rubbish traits.
    -Farm better ones or farm transmutes, its an MMO.

Anyways I have now created a bunch of new characters I don't want just to farm these bloody things.

-Then farm the gear itself. Either way its a farm, and while the Line for P2W is very blury IMO, putting these in the cash shop would certainly be over it.

I am all for introducing more sources of Transmute Crystals. I am all for reevaluating the cost. For example, If I know a full set, why is it 50 to change and 25 to reconstruct. I also think that if you craft gold gear, it should be much cheaper to change the trait.

Certainly some loopholes to be closed, but this is intended to reduce a grind not eliminate it. Its still faster to farm 50 transmutes than an item in the perfect trait.

Putting these in the crown store would be crossing a line. Everyone has different definitions of P2W, but ZOS has done a good job of keeping gear out of the crown store. This would be pandoras box.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on September 12, 2022 9:54PM