The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Toxic PvP community

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    baltic1284 wrote: »
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    screw it I'm done at this point getting tired of being attacked by this community at this point.

Sul-Xan Fleshripper is one of my favorite mounts in the game, but I dont PvE. Trial runners put in tons of hours and many deaths to earn it. I don't have any right to take a pass on that hard work for the mount.

makes sense right

Personally, I wouldn't care if you did or didn't affect my game so by all means, I would actually be understanding because you don't PVE so may not like it or even know how or built for it if you want that mount and want a pass and move along with your game by all means doesn't bother me a bit.
    [SNIP]

I suppose that is the difference between your perspective and mine. I respect the players and the work that goes into the hardest time consuming endgame rewards & achievements, [snip]

If a player whispered me for a free IC pass, I would farm the telvar off that player til they hit zero.

[Edited for Baiting]
    Edited by Psiion on August 22, 2022 1:42AM
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I've done a lot of pvp over like 6 years and only had hate mail like half a dozen times.

I'm pretty chill but most people in Cyrodiil and especially the IC just attack any enemy they see without even thinking about it. I don't hate on them, killing players is the basic objective of those zones.

I don't hate the person for doing it but at the same time if the person is there just to watch and get tel var without pvping at least respect it or if they ask you if they can move by without issue don't just attack theme to prove a point and then do the usual not accepting stuff.
    For all you know they might just want the armor for how it looks or to collect for their collection and move on, you never know but i got treated wasn't needed or necessary.

The driving factor for PvP in IC is Tel Var as can get a lot more Tel Var from a player than an NPC. In such a zone the core tenant is to respect the design.

Heck, asking a player to let you pass without any PvP may make them think you have a lot of Tel Var which makes it very tempting for them to get your Tel Var. One post noted the armor can be purchased from other players. Maybe something to consider.

What's funny I just did well over 4000 tal var in a day that is excluding the 1500 free tal var i got from just killing Imperial soldiers so your valued post there nope don't buy it as i just did it and can easily prove you wrong.

You proved nothing wrong. Merely what you ahve done with Tel var and no player can tell how much Tel var another has on them until they kill them.

What I stated is an absolute fact concerning the design of IC and why when anyone steps foot into that zone they are opening themselves up to PvP without question or exception.

Yes, I did you can make a lot of Tal Var without having to go around kill other players that don't want to be that simple.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    screw it I'm done at this point getting tired of being attacked by this community at this point.

Sul-Xan Fleshripper is one of my favorite mounts in the game, but I dont PvE. Trial runners put in tons of hours and many deaths to earn it. I don't have any right to take a pass on that hard work for the mount.

makes sense right

Personally, I wouldn't care if you did or didn't affect my game so by all means, I would actually be understanding because you don't PVE so may not like it or even know how or built for it if you want that mount and want a pass and move along with your game by all means doesn't bother me a bit.
    [SNIP]
    I suppose that is the difference between your perspective and mine. I respect the players and the work that goes into the hardest time consuming endgame rewards & achievements, [snip]

If a player whispered me for a free IC pass, I would farm the telvar off that player til they hit zero.

[Edited for Baiting]

Dude I just made 4000 plus Tal Var without killing a PvP or even participating in it the fact you would I wouldn't be a lack of respect for the hard work they put in it is a general respect of that person individually.
    Edited by Psiion on August 22, 2022 1:42AM
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not like PVP. I am no good at it...

But all players are fair game in PVP zones, that's the point of PVP zones, there is no such thing as non-participation in them. If you run away, you still have to be fast enough to get away, or sneaky enough not to be spotted. And, terrible as I am at PVP (and my main is basically a PVE tank of about medium standard, not really up to the hardest vet DLC dungeons), I will every so often start a fight against someone who looks like they're trying to avoid other players just because there's a chance I might actually win it. I have about a 40% success rate when actually picking opponents in that way... and about a 5% success rate when an opponent picks me...

But I NEVER whisper to opponents, before or after the fight, regardless of how it ended. I also don't insult people in the chat. And racist, sexist or other bigoted language is an absolute no-no, and people really should be reported for it.
    Edited by jle30303 on August 22, 2022 1:51AM
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is interesting another PvP player that was being toxic reports me for him or her saying racial slurs in the game. A person calling me racial slurs drags a PvP match into my area for no reason i go to leave and that player purposely targets me so i lose 4000 tal var stones for not participating in PvP. All cause i rewfused to participate in PvP and just want the Imerial armor and weapons collection from Imperial city talk about being harassed and bullied, then goes on to report me for it.
    So sad if you ask me doesn't make feel wanted in the Cyrodill or Imperial city or in the game anymore when i get treated like this by the PvP community for just simply wanting my cut of the game i denied access to by a few of the community something has to change seriously. Just feel unwanted by the community and staff anymore. When i can be harrassed and bullied and hated on day in and day out by a small group of the community and that community can do it whenever they want to and i cant even defend myself from theme.

Claiming that all PvP players are toxic is the same as claiming that all casual players are toxic. It's simply not the case and it's a gross over generalization. Your problem is with one player, not an entire community. Report that one player and move on.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Hadeostry or @ZOS_Psiion any chances to close this meaningless topic?
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Drammanoth wrote: »
    @ZOS_Hadeostry or @ZOS_Psiion any chances to close this meaningless topic?

Why it really isn't meaningless some have commented in it and I'm not seeing any rule violations that I know w of at this point. You may not agree with it don't get me wrong, but it isn't meaningless and hasn't really broken any rules.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done a lot of pvp over like 6 years and only had hate mail like half a dozen times.

I'm pretty chill but most people in Cyrodiil and especially the IC just attack any enemy they see without even thinking about it. I don't hate on them, killing players is the basic objective of those zones.

I don't hate the person for doing it but at the same time if the person is there just to watch and get tel var without pvping at least respect it or if they ask you if they can move by without issue don't just attack theme to prove a point and then do the usual not accepting stuff.
    For all you know they might just want the armor for how it looks or to collect for their collection and move on, you never know but i got treated wasn't needed or necessary.

The driving factor for PvP in IC is Tel Var as can get a lot more Tel Var from a player than an NPC. In such a zone the core tenant is to respect the design.

Heck, asking a player to let you pass without any PvP may make them think you have a lot of Tel Var which makes it very tempting for them to get your Tel Var. One post noted the armor can be purchased from other players. Maybe something to consider.

What's funny I just did well over 4000 tal var in a day that is excluding the 1500 free tal var i got from just killing Imperial soldiers so your valued post there nope don't buy it as i just did it and can easily prove you wrong.

You proved nothing wrong. Merely what you ahve done with Tel var and no player can tell how much Tel var another has on them until they kill them.

What I stated is an absolute fact concerning the design of IC and why when anyone steps foot into that zone they are opening themselves up to PvP without question or exception.

Yes, I did you can make a lot of Tal Var without having to go around kill other players that don't want to be that simple.

As is clearly stated in the Tel Var Guide that ZOS posted and I linked, it is indeed possible to farm plenty of Tel Var from NPCs and Bosses and Quests in Imperial City.

And its also clearly stated that when you die to an enemy player in the course of doing those activities, that enemy player gets half of the Tel Var you are carrying. Thus, it's also possible and to farm lots of Tel Var from killing enemy players (depending on how much they are carrying at the time) and a fair bit of the strategy of Imperial City revolves around gaining Tel Var and then getting to safety with it.

The players who killed you were playing as intended. The guides I linked earlier have a fair bit of advice for what you could do differently next time to get your Tel Var safely back to a bank.

They were disrespectful when they insulted you, to be clear.

But killing another player in a PvPvE zone that explicitly encourages killing players for the Tel Var they carry is not disrespectful. You were farming Tel Var; you were 100% a fair target even to the sort of people who don't generally kill questers.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends what you're calling "toxicity".

I mean, some taunt may be usefull in pvp (if not insulting, etc). Sarcasms too, we're playing an ElderScroll game after all
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is interesting another PvP player that was being toxic reports me for him or her saying racial slurs in the game. A person calling me racial slurs drags a PvP match into my area for no reason i go to leave and that player purposely targets me so i lose 4000 tal var stones for not participating in PvP. All cause i rewfused to participate in PvP and just want the Imerial armor and weapons collection from Imperial city talk about being harassed and bullied, then goes on to report me for it.
    So sad if you ask me doesn't make feel wanted in the Cyrodill or Imperial city or in the game anymore when i get treated like this by the PvP community for just simply wanting my cut of the game i denied access to by a few of the community something has to change seriously. Just feel unwanted by the community and staff anymore. When i can be harrassed and bullied and hated on day in and day out by a small group of the community and that community can do it whenever they want to and i cant even defend myself from theme.

Not all pvp players are toxic. I am going to try and help you. You said you can easily get 4000 telvar stones, so I assume you know what to do there. Please try not to get discouraged, you can increase your odds of survival and success in IC if you remember to stay hidden (stealth) as much as possible when moving around the map. Get some invisibility potions and slot them to use in case you get caught.
    Once you have a good number of telvar in your possession, use this trick to increase your chances of getting out with them all without having someone kill you and take them. While in stealth (hidden), queue for cyrodiil, try to pick a campaign with no population so the queue is instant. This will teleport you out of anywhere you are in IC. Now, you can safely queue back to IC and bank your telvar. Rinse and repeat!
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IC is a PvP zone. That doesn't excuse any toxicity, but even if you're "just observing" you don't have any right to get mad at someone killing you. If you're in IC, it means you're acknowledging that you could get killed by enemy players. If you don't want to PvP, don't go to IC.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭

Not all pvp players are toxic. I am going to try and help you. You said you can easily get 4000 telvar stones, so I assume you know what to do there. Please try not to get discouraged, you can increase your odds of survival and success in IC if you remember to stay hidden (stealth) as much as possible when moving around the map. Get some invisibility potions and slot them to use in case you get caught.
    Once you have a good number of telvar in your possession, use this trick to increase your chances of getting out with them all without having someone kill you and take them. While in stealth (hidden), queue for cyrodiil, try to pick a campaign with no population so the queue is instant. This will teleport you out of anywhere you are in IC. Now, you can safely queue back to IC and bank your telvar. Rinse and repeat!

Are all PvP players toxic no that's generally impossible, but are large majority of theme toxic, yes, and that is unfortunate, and does need to change with in that part of the community. Did I make back what i lost and also proved a lot too that, many are not facing at the moment, which is also very sad. The fact I'm not interested in PvP and just simply want to collect the armor that is there for collection purpose and such or sell purpose, to get treated the I have been isn't right either and I'm not seeing a lot of the PvP community going yeah he does have a point not all that go there are interested in it and as a member of that community I should realize that yeah i may be a source of some of that maybe be more understanding of that.
    All I have to say on this, if you are that way and absolutely want PvP to be denied to anyone and everyone from PvP which by the way that is how it is coming across whether that is your intent or not, if a PVE is protected from participating in PvP just to collect armor does it affect you as a player no, there are others that will PvP just like you, there is also other ways and means of getting Tal Var also that can compensate you for you apparent lose. I just proved yesterday by making 4 000 tal var in single run in less than a few hours.
    I do find it funny of those that are like that and do fall in that category take a lot of their PvP to PVE zones only threw duals and such which is PvP no matter how does it, and yet you don't see nearly as many or ever PVE players screaming to kick you out or make you feel unwanted to the game. I see a lot of this kind of attitude from those in the PvP community that act that way, have I seen many PvP players generally leave me alone seeing I'm not really going after theme yes and they leave me alone to do my thing and I do the same and we move along. I remember when they decided to add bank space for Tal Var and such and the PvP community going completely Nutz over that with posts going then why PvP you killing it if a player can just store there Tal Var then I want to be able steal it and such.
    How i got treated yesterday yeah was sad but i have moved on one player did represent that part of the Community cause those they are understanding and generally do see the point are not speaking up and defending and looking at those that give that part of the community the reputation it now has a different view. For as i see it at this point. I have been denied access to a section of the game to play as i want as is said by the company and generally makes me feel unwanted and accepted by that part of the community in anyway. How some have posted here just enforces that feeling will you disagree yes, doesn't mean treat me the way I have been as of late either. If you want more players to PvP cause i have seen it is very few in IC or Cyrodill anymore for PvP actions, deems desolate and empty and sad part is the PvP community did it to themselves and won't even admit it and or face they played a part in that, on how they have treated players that enter the area to do their thing and then treat theme in such a manner.
    It is sad really absolutely sad that part of the community has done this to themselves and yet say well we have to PVE no you don't, you can do Dual's in a PVE zone and not participate in any PVE stuff. I guarantee that there will be less of the PVE community screaming at you to leave cause you're not doing it their way or the way it supposed to be done and make you feel unwanted in the game over that. Yet do the same in PvP and get treated poorly and hated on and get unwelcomed all the time is just sad the community has come to this in any shape or form really.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @baltic1284 , wishing you the best rest of your day...

just figuring out a way to be happy and enjoy the day is by far the greatest revenge you'll ever achieve...

be thankful you are not them...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    @baltic1284 , wishing you the best rest of your day...

just figuring out a way to be happy and enjoy the day is by far the greatest revenge you'll ever achieve...

be thankful you are not them...

I am trust i am pretty open to anyone and how they play if they want to be left alone message me saying if they can pass, I just say give me bit clear this up and by all means go for it. But again, it is as it is now days.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are all PvP players toxic no that's generally impossible, but are large majority of theme toxic, yes, and that is unfortunate, and does need to change with in that part of the community. Did I make back what i lost and also proved a lot too that, many are not facing at the moment, which is also very sad. The fact I'm not interested in PvP and just simply want to collect the armor that is there for collection purpose and such or sell purpose, to get treated the I have been isn't right either and I'm not seeing a lot of the PvP community going yeah he does have a point not all that go there are interested in it and as a member of that community I should realize that yeah i may be a source of some of that maybe be more understanding of that.
    All I have to say on this, if you are that way and absolutely want PvP to be denied to anyone and everyone from PvP which by the way that is how it is coming across whether that is your intent or not, if a PVE is protected from participating in PvP just to collect armor does it affect you as a player no, there are others that will PvP just like you, there is also other ways and means of getting Tal Var also that can compensate you for you apparent lose. I just proved yesterday by making 4 000 tal var in single run in less than a few hours.
    I do find it funny of those that are like that and do fall in that category take a lot of their PvP to PVE zones only threw duals and such which is PvP no matter how does it, and yet you don't see nearly as many or ever PVE players screaming to kick you out or make you feel unwanted to the game. I see a lot of this kind of attitude from those in the PvP community that act that way, have I seen many PvP players generally leave me alone seeing I'm not really going after theme yes and they leave me alone to do my thing and I do the same and we move along. I remember when they decided to add bank space for Tal Var and such and the PvP community going completely Nutz over that with posts going then why PvP you killing it if a player can just store there Tal Var then I want to be able steal it and such.
    How i got treated yesterday yeah was sad but i have moved on one player did represent that part of the Community cause those they are understanding and generally do see the point are not speaking up and defending and looking at those that give that part of the community the reputation it now has a different view. For as i see it at this point. I have been denied access to a section of the game to play as i want as is said by the company and generally makes me feel unwanted and accepted by that part of the community in anyway. How some have posted here just enforces that feeling will you disagree yes, doesn't mean treat me the way I have been as of late either. If you want more players to PvP cause i have seen it is very few in IC or Cyrodill anymore for PvP actions, deems desolate and empty and sad part is the PvP community did it to themselves and won't even admit it and or face they played a part in that, on how they have treated players that enter the area to do their thing and then treat theme in such a manner.
    It is sad really absolutely sad that part of the community has done this to themselves and yet say well we have to PVE no you don't, you can do Dual's in a PVE zone and not participate in any PVE stuff. I guarantee that there will be less of the PVE community screaming at you to leave cause you're not doing it their way or the way it supposed to be done and make you feel unwanted in the game over that. Yet do the same in PvP and get treated poorly and hated on and get unwelcomed all the time is just sad the community has come to this in any shape or form really.

The problem is that you seem very adamant that you should be able to get rewards explicitely designed to be awarded for PVP participation without having to participate in PVP.

Those motifs you are trying to farm were specifically added to the game to reward players who PVP. Tel var is a currency that specifically has a risk of loss due to PVP.

Participating in PVP in a PVP zone is not toxic. What is toxic is coming into a PVP zone and then complaining when others participate in PVP with you in the zone you have to go out of your way to enter.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aehallh wrote: »
    hmm, racial slur. what did you get called ? Breton? Argonian. Just some random racial slur? I don't get it. And if you were in imperial city, LOL my guildies make plans to use the keys in groups because it is well known you will be atatcked. that the whole point of Imperial city.

As for the Racial slur wont post here what i was called at all isn't right or proper.

If theres not any truth to it i dont see how it can affect you so much! If someone called you a sea gull or chicken shud that be bannable too?> Go play and have a beer :)
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @baltic1284 when i read your first post i thought i knew what you were trying to tell us. Three pages later i am not so sure anymore.

Just one last thing before i leave this thread. PvP players did not kill PvP with their toxicity. If this was even possible, every single PvP game would be dead. Performance issues and neglect drove PvP players away.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I did not suggest we could not make a lot of Tel Var by killing only NPCs. I merely stated the indisputable fact that one can get a lot more Tel Var from killing a player who is farming Tel Var. The multiplier increases the amount of Tel Var we gain based on how much Tel Var we have in our bags is designed that way to encourage carrying Tel Var in order to keep PvP a focus in that Zone and asking a player for safe passage is probably sending them a message there is a lot of Tel Var available for the taking.

Regardless, the fact remains that outside of the main bases for each alliance IC is a PVP zone and any player entering can expect to be a target, without exception.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a little reminder from the latest Patch Notes that ZOS totally incentivizes players to kill other players in Imperial City...

"Increased XP granted from killing monsters and player characters in Cyrodiil and Imperial City by 10%." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/615315/pc-mac-patch-notes-v8-1-5-lost-depths-dlc-update-35

If "play how you want" means "nobody's allowed to kill me in this clearly intended for PvPvE zone," then darned right you can't do that. Imperial City isn't a safe farming zone like Craglorn and it never was.

Stating that fact is not denying you or other PVEers access to PVP. That's informing you that you willingly queued up for a PVP zone, and it behooves you to prepare for the content accordingly. I've already posted links to guides that ZOS pulled together expressly for the purpose of helping PVEers and new PVPers have a better time during Whitestrakes Mayhem.

Frankly, I'd do you and other PVEers a disservice by pretending that you can expect safe passage in IC. You can't, because that's not intended PVP gameplay, and you'll be better served by preparing for PVP or using the methods to avoid PVP those guides talk about than by expecting that an enemy player will let a fair target walk away with 4k Tel Var (or 2k Tel Var profit if they successfully kill you.)

Also, it's been said, but all the non-bound gear and motifs can be bought from other players. I do both PVE and PVP, and bought my IC gear and motifs because I find it easier to farm gold than Tel Var.
  • ZOS_Suserial
    ZOS_Suserial
    admin
    Greetings,

With this thread lacking a meaningful topic to discuss, we're going to go ahead and close it down. The discussions in the thread are repeating and not generation any constructive progression towards the overall topic. For further posts be sure to stay constructive when creating topics to avoid creating spam, bashing, and non-constructive threads.

Thank you for understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Community Rules | Code-of-Conduct | Terms-of-Service | ESO-Home | ESO-Help
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.