The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Toxic PvP community

baltic1284
baltic1284
✭✭✭
Well, this is interesting another PvP player that was being toxic reports me for him or her saying racial slurs in the game. A person calling me racial slurs drags a PvP match into my area for no reason i go to leave and that player purposely targets me so i lose 4000 tal var stones for not participating in PvP. All cause i rewfused to participate in PvP and just want the Imerial armor and weapons collection from Imperial city talk about being harassed and bullied, then goes on to report me for it.
So sad if you ask me doesn't make feel wanted in the Cyrodill or Imperial city or in the game anymore when i get treated like this by the PvP community for just simply wanting my cut of the game i denied access to by a few of the community something has to change seriously. Just feel unwanted by the community and staff anymore. When i can be harrassed and bullied and hated on day in and day out by a small group of the community and that community can do it whenever they want to and i cant even defend myself from theme.
Edited by ZOS_Suserial on August 22, 2022 5:26PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beyond the racial slur aspect, which is sad when it happens, if you lost Tel Var stones, then you technically participated in PvP as it can only be lost in IC, which is a PvPvE area.

As for being reported because else used racial slurs. Zenimax can see the chat, so that should not be an issue and probably a good point to report them for their racist behavior.

• MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there was toxic/racist language, that’s one thing. That’s a reportable offense and has no place in game or this community at large.

Being mad about losing tel var because you admittedly refused to PvP in a PvP zone, I mean…personal accountability there my friend. The risk associated with carrying tel var is a big part of the mechanic. Can’t fault others for engaging with the mechanic as intended.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Beyond the racial slur aspect, which is sad when it happens, if you lost Tel Var stones, then you technically participated in PvP as it can only be lost in IC, which is a PvPvE area.

As for being reported because else used racial slurs. Zenimax can see the chat, so that should not be an issue and probably a good point to report them for their racist behavior.

I didn't participate in PvP at all i just watched it and asked if I could be let by as I don't want to participate ion PvP they all attacked me and said racial slurs. Doesn't change the fact that i was harassed and racial slurred, and no I wont report theme as i now Zenimax won't do anything same person 4th time in a row. That person reported me and I will most likely be falsely punished for it but whatever not the first time I have been picked on at this point.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    baltic1284 wrote: »

I didn't participate in PvP at all i just watched it and asked if I could be let by as I don't want to participate ion PvP they all attacked me and said racial slurs. Doesn't change the fact that i was harassed and racial slurred, and no I wont report theme as i now Zenimax won't do anything same person 4th time in a row. That person reported me and I will most likely be falsely punished for it but whatever not the first time I have been picked on at this point.

By loading into Cyrodil or Imperial City, you are already participating in PvP. You cannot "opt out" once you're in. Either make a PvP build (there are lots who could help with that) and learn how to fight, or stay overland. As for the racial slurs, that actually
    sucks. People need to teach their idiot kids better.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The racism and false accusations are just plain wrong and I hope the mods sort that out for you.

As for being in IC or Cyro, they're PVP zones, you might not participate in the fights, but you are a participant just by being there. Expect to get attacked. Bank your stones often.

Some fair players will see you and recognise you're just questing and leave you be, other players will go for you not caring if you're a noncom or not. Regardless of your stance, you consent to PVP as soon as you enter a PVP zone.

What you don't consent to is harassment and abuse, and I sincerely hope those who are guilty get punished.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If You set Your foot in IC then You participate in PvP. As for You being reported if Your didn't do anything ban worthy then You wont be punished. ZoS have acces to chat logs and they can see what have been said.
    Edited by axi on August 21, 2022 8:14PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

IC is a PvP zone by definition. By entering, IC, you are opening yourself to PvP regardless of your intentions.

It is your choice not to report them but creating a thread complaining about them using racial slurs will not change anything.

And again, Zenimax can review game chat. So as long as you did not contribute to the situation you are complaining about, you have nothing to worry about. Hopefully, you did not argue with them as part of this convo.

It is best to "walk away" and not respond to anyone using racial slurs or otherwise trying to harass others. It avoids escalation and entanglement.

Good luck

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the company can access the conversation and sort it out.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Surely the company can access the conversation and sort it out.

Maybe but I have no faith in it at this point anymore after everything I just don't anymore. The PVP community is pretty much as toxic as it gets anymore unfortunately but it is like the teabag stuff, it is wrong period and can be seen as a sexual assault or whatever but when players did it and where punished they complain and magically it was removed for some. So yeah i dont have much faith in the MOD team at this point anymore.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I mean...Imperial City was designed from the ground up to be a PvPvE zone. That's extremely clear from all its promotional materials and from its inclusion in the Whitestrake's Mayhem even celebrating all forms of PVP.

You can't opt out of PVP in a PvPvE zone. You can ask, but nobody's under any obligation to let you by.

So, no, you weren't being denied access to a part of the game because someone killed you in a PvPvE zone. If you want access, play as designed and intended i.e. PvPvE.

I've got a fairly substantial guide for questing in Imperial City during Whitestrake's Mayhem if you need tips for how to play in PvPvE zones. It includes those promotional materials describing ZOS' vision for it as a PvPvE zone.

My Guide: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/612508/whitestrakes-mayhem-101-july-2022

Community Whitestrake's Mayhem guides: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/62593

Rather than depending on PvPvEers to let you pass, I suggest looking through some of these guides and find a way that you can comfortably PvPvE yourself.

Racial slurs and other TOS-breaking insults are reportable offenses and aren't okay in any form no matter what content you are playing.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 21, 2022 6:27PM
  • bathynomusESO
    bathynomusESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, this is common in MMOs now. We just have to ignore it. Enjoy it for what we can.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, this is common in MMOs now. We just have to ignore it. Enjoy it for what we can.

Sadly yes, it is and denial to areas of the game by the community itself is also just how the game is anymore for most part. It is sad but how it is anymore what is sad is that it is being done by that community itself and then that same community blames others for PVP in the state it is anymore.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only way to win in IC is never to enter.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭

The problem is that is called denying access what i did say earlier and yet got treated poorly over. if A PvP player can have access to the whole game as they see it why can't my character have that same free access to the game with no issues.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The problem is that is called denying access what i did say earlier and yet got treated poorly over. if A PvP player can have access to the whole game as they see it why can't my character have that same free access to the game with no issues.

The only way this could honestly be resolved is for Zos to create a non-PvP instance of IC, but they'd need to remove Telvar gains from that instance so Telvar farmers didn't abuse it. You guys could roleplay to your heart's content in there with no PvP to worry about.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racial slurs and toxicities of the individuals in questions aside - those are bad and should be reported - you refuse to report people because you think ZOS is not going to do anything about them, thus letting these players off the hook, you demand that people not attack you in PvP despite PvP being the premise of that zone and then you try to blame the entire PvP community for it when the underlying problem lies with your attitude alone?
    Dying is part of PvP. PvPers die all the time too. Learn to deal with it and don't let it bother you. Either Imperial City content is worth that or it isn't. Don't start accusing the entirety of ESO's PvP community just because a few people are not willing to change the way they play the game just to cater to you specifically.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

The only way this could honestly be resolved is for Zos to create a non-PvP instance of IC, but they'd need to remove Telvar gains from that instance so Telvar farmers didn't abuse it. You guys could roleplay to your heart's content in there with no PvP to worry about.

Or make the Tel Var armor available there in a new IC or Cyrodill without PVP that can bought by a currency there that doesn't involve PVP wow there's a thought. Also, that wasn't the issue by the way, the fact i wasnt even participating in PVP and got treated poorly as a result is the issue.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second they accused you of nonsense and started being racist, you should have reported the player and saved screenshots of the chat box as proof.

TBH if you are not in stealth and just out in the open in IC, you're just asking to lose your Tel Var. Prioritize dead districts for cashing in your Tel Var. Might need to hop into Cyrodiil while you have immunity up while traveling between the outer/inner area of the districts, then port back into a different IC camp.

I remember a comment someone said while I just started playing in Cyrodiil "go back to PvE." Me and some randoms were just trying to recapture a resource and we got zerged down for our efforts. Salty whispers are quite common in a PvP environment even if you're not doing anything of note. My advice is to go offline while in PvP land so you don't get whispered random toxicity. Leave the chat box open so you can see if there is a situation that you need to avoid ex: "two nightblades ganking at lumber." Obviously toxicity can also come from your own faction, which seems to be your situation. Best to just put the player on your ignore list so they can keep shouting into the wind while you focus on what you're trying to accomplish.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »
    The second they accused you of nonsense and started being racist, you should have reported the player and saved screenshots of the chat box as proof.

TBH if you are not in stealth and just out in the open in IC, you're just asking to lose your Tel Var. Prioritize dead districts for cashing in your Tel Var. Might need to hop into Cyrodiil while you have immunity up while traveling between the outer/inner area of the districts, then port back into a different IC camp.

I remember a comment someone said while I just started playing in Cyrodiil "go back to PvE." Me and some randoms were just trying to recapture a resource and we got zerged down for our efforts. Salty whispers are quite common in a PvP environment even if you're not doing anything of note. My advice is to go offline while in PvP land so you don't get whispered random toxicity. Leave the chat box open so you can see if there is a situation that you need to avoid ex: "two nightblades ganking at lumber." Obviously toxicity can also come from your own faction, which seems to be your situation. Best to just put the player on your ignore list so they can keep shouting into the wind while you focus on what you're trying to accomplish.

I already put that person on the ignore list the fact it still happened is the issue and needs to be addressed
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly yes, it is and denial to areas of the game by the community itself is also just how the game is anymore for most part. It is sad but how it is anymore what is sad is that it is being done by that community itself and then that same community blames others for PVP in the state it is anymore.

I’m sorry you got harassed by another player, but it isn’t fair to put a blanket label on the entire PvP community just because of this unfortunate interaction. There are toxic players in every aspect of the game, most high end PvP players are actually quite polite. Obviously, harassment and bigotry should never be tolerated, but you make another point that I don’t exactly agree with.

No one is denying you access to PvP content. The rewards you earn from PvP content are designed to be compensation for your success in PvP content. If you are unable to attain the rewards you’re looking for in these zones, I’m sorry to say but the only one denying you access is yourself. If you want to gain tel var without dying then the best way is to learn to defend yourself in PvP.

PvP is very different from PvE content in that there are more layers of skill that need to be built upon. PvP can be difficult to get a handle on if you’re not experienced, but usually there are a few tweaks that can be made to your build and playstyle that can help tremendously. There are a lot of content creators out there with good content for beginners in PvP. I suggest setting up a good PvP build, getting some practice in battlegrounds and returning to the IC. If you’re on PC NA, you’re even welcome to message me @Mental_ESO and I’d be happy to get you into a guild where people can give you more direct advice. Good luck out there.

• Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »

I already put that person on the ignore list the fact it still happened is the issue and needs to be addressed

The thing is you will always run into rubbish people whether it is in-game or irl. As others and I have stated, their actions are reportable. Nothing can be done unless the action is reported and it should have been done in a timely manner (second it occured).

If you are upset about the nature of the PvP environment in which you can be attacked even if you are indicating you don't want to fight, then perhaps that content is not meant for you. Player characters have a will of their own and will do whatever they want to do regardless of your intentions.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not buying it.

Goes into PvP, gets mad about being targeted, gets called racial slurs yet won't report them.

Seems like you probably did something report worthy back to them. Yet come here and expect blind support from people under the guise of "those bad toxic pvpers hurt me"
    PvP needs more love.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You aren't being denied access to a part of the game just because it's PVP and you don't like that gamemode. You aren't being denied access to a part of the game just because PVP happened to you in a PvPvE zone and you lost.

The insults aren't right. Losing, on the other hand? It's completely normal, especially for a newbie. Veteran PVPers lose all the time.

Rez up and try again. Try stealthing to where you are trying to go. Try going in at a different time when there are less players or different players. Move to a different district and worknon progressing there. Try getting a group together if you don't feel capable of going solo - there's probably plenty of guildies who'd go if someone put together a group. Buy the non-bound gear from Guild traders.

There's a ton of options for how to accomplish your goals in Imperial City. PVPers die all the time to other players, so maybe we're more used to the idea of dying and trying again, but anyone can succeed with persistence and practice.

I play both PVE and PVP because I understand that ESO is a game where you have to play ALL the content if you want ALL of the rewards. This isn't the sort of game that rewards players who refuse to play certain areas of content and then complain that they can't get trials gear, event tickets, PVP zone skyshards, etc.

If you can't stand losing, then yeah. The only way to win at Imperial City is to never enter because there's never been a PVPer who didn't lose.

But as someone who does both forms of content, I'm just gonna say that losing is a-okay and completely normal. No need to sweat over it. Rez up and try again!
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is this getting attributed to "the PvP community" and not to the actions of a lone, toxic individual?

When I'm in IC (or Cyrodiil, for that matter...) and someone looks as though they are a farmer/quester then I'm leaving them alone unless they attack me first.

When I'm in an organized group I will also call out for us to ignore obvious questers (though sometimes people don't always listen to directions...).

So I'm sorry that you had a bad experience but please lay the blame where it is due - at the feet of the person you actually interacted with.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I'm not buying it.

Goes into PvP, gets mad about being targeted, gets called racial slurs yet won't report them.

Seems like you probably did something report worthy back to them. Yet come here and expect blind support from people under the guise of "those bad toxic pvpers hurt me"

Nope all i did was ask to be let by they then went left field Whisper racial slurs and the other side attack me and all i did was ask by. It has happened before so it isnt a lone incident but believe what you will
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this getting attributed to "the PvP community" and not to the actions of a lone, toxic individual?

When I'm in IC (or Cyrodiil, for that matter...) and someone looks as though they are a farmer/quester then I'm leaving them alone unless they attack me first.

When I'm in an organized group I will also call out for us to ignore obvious questers (though sometimes people don't always listen to directions...).

So I'm sorry that you had a bad experience but please lay the blame where it is due - at the feet of the person you actually interacted with.

You ask why i did that good question why blame the PVE for how the PVP community is at the moment is it the whole community and every last one of theme no, but it is a problem in the PVP community the toxic part the racial slur part no that was the group that did it. The Toxic part is a PVP issue and is more wide spread then you may relize.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Each zone has a specific content design. We all have access to them equally within the context of the zones design. So entering a PvP zone is choosing to open oneself up to PvP. So entering IC or Cyrodiil is choosing to participate in a PvP zone. One can hope to avoid PvP but there is no reasonable expectation that the PvP will avoid them.

• FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've done a lot of pvp over like 6 years and only had hate mail like half a dozen times.

I'm pretty chill but most people in Cyrodiil and especially the IC just attack any enemy they see without even thinking about it. I don't hate on them, killing players is the basic objective of those zones.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or make the Tel Var armor available there in a new IC or Cyrodill without PVP that can bought by a currency there that doesn't involve PVP wow there's a thought. Also, that wasn't the issue by the way, the fact i wasnt even participating in PVP and got treated poorly as a result is the issue.

You can buy "Tel'Var armor" from other players with gold.

The PvP community is not toxic just because some people playing PvP are toxic idiots. i got screamed at by a couple of flower farmers over the years for picking "their" flowers. Is the flower farmer community toxic?

Entering a PvP zone and saying other players "deny you access" because they want to fight you is a bit strange. Are you walking into vet trials solo and expect to get trifecta mounts just for showing up? If you ask nicely some players will leave you alone, but dying in a PvP zone is normal and no reason to freak out.

It's a game on my TV. If i am not in the mood to fight and someone keeps bothering me, i can switch campaign and farm my tel'var somewhere else. Why would i care about some gollum calling me names? If they are too distracting i just block them. If they behave against the rules of the game i report them. If they violate laws i report them and maybe even get a lawyer involved (i am glad i never had to do that). Harrasment, bullying, sexual assault and racist clowns should never be ignored. Report them! But leave the tbaggers out of it, the whole topic was just crazy.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I've done a lot of pvp over like 6 years and only had hate mail like half a dozen times.

I'm pretty chill but most people in Cyrodiil and especially the IC just attack any enemy they see without even thinking about it. I don't hate on them, killing players is the basic objective of those zones.

I don't hate the person for doing it but at the same time if the person is there just to watch and get tel var without pvping at least respect it or if they ask you if they can move by without issue don't just attack theme to prove a point and then do the usual not accepting stuff.
    For all you know they might just want the armor for how it looks or to collect for their collection and move on, you never know but i got treated wasn't needed or necessary.
This discussion has been closed.