The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Toxic PvP community

• Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One player is not the community.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ascribing this fancy word - i.e. toxicity - to a PvP / PvE player is irrelevant. What is relevant is the racial slur.

By entering a PvP zone, you consent to being killed or killing another player.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Drammanoth wrote: »
    Ascribing this fancy word - i.e. toxicity - to a PvP / PvE player is irrelevant. What is relevant is the racial slur.

Al though you do have a point don't get me wrong the racial slur is bad but so is Toxicity in the game in general and what is generally happening is the fact that one group throws in face of the other group.
    Although the racial slur is an issue and pretty big one, toxicity in general in the game is also just as big as that can drive players away and those players could become potential customers. Same as the Racial Slur that i got so yeah, both have an impact on the game in general. Also, on the community as when it starts it just gets worse and worse and worse, as thos got it done to give it to others instead of just stomping it out once and for all.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    baltic1284 wrote: »
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I've done a lot of pvp over like 6 years and only had hate mail like half a dozen times.

I'm pretty chill but most people in Cyrodiil and especially the IC just attack any enemy they see without even thinking about it. I don't hate on them, killing players is the basic objective of those zones.

I don't hate the person for doing it but at the same time if the person is there just to watch and get tel var without pvping at least respect it or if they ask you if they can move by without issue don't just attack theme to prove a point and then do the usual not accepting stuff.
    For all you know they might just want the armor for how it looks or to collect for their collection and move on, you never know but i got treated wasn't needed or necessary.

Fair enough man. I had a quester up in Bruma politely ask me not to kill him again once. I apologized and left him alone after that.

Remeber you can always queue out of the IC to any Cyrodiil campaign to avoid losing Tel var or having to travel back to base.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Al though you do have a point don't get me wrong the racial slur is bad but so is Toxicity in the game in general and what is generally happening is the fact that one group throws in face of the other group.
    Although the racial slur is an issue and pretty big one, toxicity in general in the game is also just as big as that can drive players away and those players could become potential customers. Same as the Racial Slur that i got so yeah, both have an impact on the game in general. Also, on the community as when it starts it just gets worse and worse and worse, as thos got it done to give it to others instead of just stomping it out once and for all.

No, some players being *** is not just as big an issue as racism.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

No, some players being *** is not just as big an issue as racism.

Don't get me wrong Racism is bad, but toxicity can do just as much damage also over all community wise. REacism is by far worse but still both can be handled far better.
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racism and harassment has no place in any game and should be reported. But getting hate whispers is part of pvp tbh. Whispers tell me that I did good, its almost like a compliment :smile:
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »
    Racism and harassment has no place in any game and should be reported. But getting hate whispers is part of pvp tbh. Whispers tell me that I did good, its almost like a compliment :smile:

99 percent of the time i ignore theme but this morning hit a nerv so yeah but harassment and racism has no place in any game in anyway.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done a lot of pvp over like 6 years and only had hate mail like half a dozen times.

I'm pretty chill but most people in Cyrodiil and especially the IC just attack any enemy they see without even thinking about it. I don't hate on them, killing players is the basic objective of those zones.

I don't hate the person for doing it but at the same time if the person is there just to watch and get tel var without pvping at least respect it or if they ask you if they can move by without issue don't just attack theme to prove a point and then do the usual not accepting stuff.
    For all you know they might just want the armor for how it looks or to collect for their collection and move on, you never know but i got treated wasn't needed or necessary.

Uh, no...Tel Var loss upon death to NPCs and Players is explicitly part of the PvPvE design for Imperial City. No one is under any obligation to let you pass.

I'll let ZOS explain it to you:

“Since Tel Var Stones are so sought after and valuable, there is also a chance that you could lose yours. If a monster or enemy player within the Imperial City manages to kill your character, you will lose 50% of the Tel Var Stones you were carrying—and the enemy player will get all of them (split among anyone who helped to subdue you.) You will be able to see the amount of stones you lost in your death recap window. You can't lose Tel Var Stones outside the Imperial City (Districts and Sewers.)

“In order to prevent high loses, you can deposit your Tel Var Stones in your personal bank; any banker in Tamriel is more than happy to accept them. All the Tel Var Stones in your bank are safe and can't be lost if your player character dies in the Imperial City. Of course, after you deposited your stones and carry no more on you, your multiplier will reset, too.

“For those who want to avoid any risk, we've added quests, including repeatable ones, in the Imperial City that will reward you with a Tel Var Stone box. Unlike with Tel Var Stones you get by killing monsters and enemy-alliance player characters, you won't lose these boxes if your character is slain. You can take these boxes to your home base, open them in safety, and deposit all the Tel Var Stones inside straight into your bank. Doing so will prevent these stones from increasing your multiplier, but it keeps them safe. Or you just open them right where you got them … deciding if the risk is worth it is up to you!’

Source: Imperial City Tel Var Guide https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/guides/imperialcitytelvar
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 21, 2022 10:31PM
  • ZOS_Suserial
    ZOS_Suserial
    admin
    Greetings,

We can't stop players from attacking other players in PVP environments, but we can take action against harassment, hate speech, and inappropriate behavior.
    We take reports of harassment, hate speech, and inappropriate behavior very seriously regardless if you believe the report will actioned or not and ask that you report any incident by submitting a support ticket at ESO Help

Edited by ZOS_Suserial on August 21, 2022 11:04PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Community Rules | Code-of-Conduct | Terms-of-Service | ESO-Home | ESO-Help
    Staff Post
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if you're gonna report someone, report them. it's very easy to get proof in this game and if you right click their name you can easily report them.

you can't get tel var without the risk of losing them, sorry. if you want to be risk averse, go into the sewer and kill some scamps on your night blade before going back into stealth. that's probably the safest way.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

We can't stop players from attacking other players in PVP environments, but we can take action against harassment, hate speech, and inappropriate behavior.
    We take reports of harassment, hate speech, and inappropriate behavior very seriously regardless if you believe the report will actioned or not and ask that you report any incident by following these steps or by submitting a support ticket at ESO Help

That doesnt reassure me at all i have what i have seen and what you say doesnt change that unless i see some actions done that wont change good day.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That style is a reward for pvp players, you admit you're not a pvp player.

Earn it.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    The only way to win in IC is never to enter.

The problem is that is called denying access what i did say earlier and yet got treated poorly over. if A PvP player can have access to the whole game as they see it why can't my character have that same free access to the game with no issues.

The only way this could honestly be resolved is for Zos to create a non-PvP instance of IC, but they'd need to remove Telvar gains from that instance so Telvar farmers didn't abuse it. You guys could roleplay to your heart's content in there with no PvP to worry about.

Or make the Tel Var armor available there in a new IC or Cyrodill without PVP that can bought by a currency there that doesn't involve PVP wow there's a thought. Also, that wasn't the issue by the way, the fact i wasnt even participating in PVP and got treated poorly as a result is the issue.

It didn't matter whether you were actively participating or not. You are in a PVP zone. You will be attacked and killed by other factions. Because "PVP ZONE". No one is under any obligation to allow you safe passage, even if you ask "pretty please with tons of moonsugar on top". You were in a PVP zone, you were not part of the same faction, so yeah, they're gonna kill you, probably more than once.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    screw it I'm done at this point getting tired of being attacked by this community at this point.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    screw it I'm done at this point getting tired of being attacked by this community at this point.

Sul-Xan Fleshripper is one of my favorite mounts in the game, but I dont PvE. Trial runners put in tons of hours and many deaths to earn it. I don't have any right to take a pass on that hard work for the mount.

makes sense right
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

Sul-Xan Fleshripper is one of my favorite mounts in the game, but I dont PvE. Trial runners put in tons of hours and many deaths to earn it. I don't have any right to take a pass on that hard work for the mount.

makes sense right

Personally, I wouldn't care if you did or didn't affect my game so by all means, I would actually be understanding because you don't PVE so may not like it or even know how or built for it if you want that mount and want a pass and move along with your game by all means doesn't bother me a bit.
    [SNIP]
    Edited by ZOS_Suserial on August 21, 2022 11:55PM
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

makes sense right

Personally, I wouldn't care if you did or didn't affect my game so by all means, I would actually be understanding because you don't PVE so may not like it or even know how or built for it if you want that mount and want a pass and move along with your game by all means doesn't bother me a bit.
    [SNIP]

There are ways of exchanging tel'var for gold, I just saw someone offering 10 gold per te'lvar. perhaps you would like to pursue this route to get what you need from IC?

I know this doesn't address the core point, but PVP in this game is actually avoidable to an extent (unless you want to source your own cyrodiil/pvp/IC/battleground gear) and to you what may seem like toxicity is simple banter and amusement to others.

I had someone telling me to blow him the other day and that he was going to do things to my mother- that he was going to become my dad while I performed acts on his "member". I even found some lowbies in cyrodiil who couldn't kill me so I was DMing them ways to kill me, and teaching them some PVP tactics (like what LOS'ing is). I got harsh words sent my way and was told I was a bad pvp'er, and a taunt that I can't even kill them, so I killed the one who insulted me, let his friend rez him, then killed him again. I killed/helped kill someone who was using the two rider mount who was chauffeuring a level 17 around cyrodiil for skyshards (I remember, saying aloud, that I feel bad for that level 17) and promptly got told to kill myself in minecraft, so I told him I was going to report him to Mojang and microsoft, we both had a good laugh. I regularly engage in zone politics to help direct a zerg or to raise morale, and tell people that someone else's idea is bad for my faction. This rallies people but some can see it as toxic and cry about it. Some of these interactions, to me, are hilarious, and I reported none of them, but others may interpret them as toxic.

If you want to avoid getting DM's while pvping then set yourself to offline mode.
    Edited by ZOS_Suserial on August 21, 2022 11:56PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you mean the forum members who were responding to you in this thread, I don't think anyone was trying to attack you; they were just pointing out that IC is a PvP-enabled zone, or what people call PvPvE because it combines PvE with PvP.

The best advice I can give you about hate-speech whispers is to report them.

But as for your original quandry of wanting enemy players to let you pass through unattacked, I would recommend finding a spot where you can crouch and hide, then queue for the least-populated Cyrodiil campaign. Once you arrive in Cyrodiil, you can queue for whichever IC campaign you were in, bank your Tel Var, and go back into the districts or sewers to farm more-- or take the exit that leads back to the rest of the game if you've finished farming. It's the safest and quickest way to get back to the safety of your alliance base with your Tel Var.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much everyone in this thread has agreed with you that the racist attack and harassment are out of order. All you can do is report it, take screenshots/video. All the rest of us can do is report it or call people out if they see/hear anything. Doing nothing will never change things, even one small something is better than nothing.

As far as IC/Cyro goes, it's PVP. You can either get a PVP build together and fight, or work on a stealthy build and try to stay under the radar. Either way: you go to PVP areas, you are participating in PVP. You might not be participating in fights, but you are fair game.

Bank your stones often, sneak around, accept that you will die.

PVP players don't expect to get away with not having to do antiquities to get the pieces they need for gear in PVE zones. PVE players should not expect to get PVP stuff without putting in the effort.

I'm not even a PVPer. But over the course of whitestrake I managed to get every shard in IC, and enough tel var stones for a storage chest. Sure I got ganked a couple of times, but I accepted it as part of the area and kept on going.

You are right that there can be some toxic players in PVP, but there are also a bunch of GOOD people here who are PVPers, who have offered some real advice and guides, and ways to make your journey in IC easier, if you're willing to take it.

Good luck out there.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The driving factor for PvP in IC is Tel Var as can get a lot more Tel Var from a player than an NPC. In such a zone the core tenant is to respect the design.

Heck, asking a player to let you pass without any PvP may make them think you have a lot of Tel Var which makes it very tempting for them to get your Tel Var. One post noted the armor can be purchased from other players. Maybe something to consider.

• ZOS_Suserial
    ZOS_Suserial
    admin
    Moved to a PVP focused channel
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Community Rules | Code-of-Conduct | Terms-of-Service | ESO-Home | ESO-Help
    Staff Post
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is interesting another PvP player that was being toxic reports me for him or her saying racial slurs in the game. A person calling me racial slurs drags a PvP match into my area for no reason i go to leave and that player purposely targets me so i lose 4000 tal var stones for not participating in PvP. All cause i rewfused to participate in PvP and just want the Imerial armor and weapons collection from Imperial city talk about being harassed and bullied, then goes on to report me for it.
    So sad if you ask me doesn't make feel wanted in the Cyrodill or Imperial city or in the game anymore when i get treated like this by the PvP community for just simply wanting my cut of the game i denied access to by a few of the community something has to change seriously. Just feel unwanted by the community and staff anymore. When i can be harrassed and bullied and hated on day in and day out by a small group of the community and that community can do it whenever they want to and i cant even defend myself from theme.

So "B", lets sit down and relax for a minute and talk about this.

First of all, I'm not going to say you're wrong or that I have not killed my share of players in IC either. But let's think about this. So, when IC first came out, I had the same problems that you are experiencing now. Where we differ was my response was a bit different from yours. They stole from me repeatedly on numerous occasions, stalked my farmers and tracked my movements, so eventually I made them pay. For the 10k they took from me , over two years I went after a certain faction non-stop and stole back millions in Tel Vars.

Eventually, I sat down with a certain Guild and we both very respectfully buried the hatchet and I by and large left IC alone afterwards and started focusing on Trials exclusively. The point here, is you cannot expect everyone to play by your rules, no matter how good, sincere or well-meaning your intentions are. The good thing about IC was in the end not only did I find my own sense of justice but profited from it greatly and made a great many improvements over time because of the conflict.

However, one thing I never did was expect others to think my way or change the rules to suite my intentions. And please don't take that the wrong way as its not meant to be too harsh. I'm just saying that IC is a zone that's kind of like a jungle and in order to co-exist in a more peaceful way as you want to, you're going to need to understand where the line exists for that zone. And it hurts at first, I know it hurts. But my advice is this and I think it might help you.

Rather than continue on expecting the world to change for you, now that you know the place, the players, you know the risks and the rewards, so try to learn to adapt and overcome it without getting trampled by it. Anyone in a situation like yours and previously like mine is going to need to adapt and learn to make small changes in order to produce a more desirable outcome. You cannot change the nature of that beast but you can change how you react and deal with it.
    Edited by Vulkunne on August 22, 2022 9:58AM
    We Know...
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

The driving factor for PvP in IC is Tel Var as can get a lot more Tel Var from a player than an NPC. In such a zone the core tenant is to respect the design.

Heck, asking a player to let you pass without any PvP may make them think you have a lot of Tel Var which makes it very tempting for them to get your Tel Var. One post noted the armor can be purchased from other players. Maybe something to consider.

What's funny I just did well over 4000 tal var in a day that is excluding the 1500 free tal var i got from just killing Imperial soldiers so your valued post there nope don't buy it as i just did it and can easily prove you wrong.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Vulkunne wrote: »
    Well, this is interesting another PvP player that was being toxic reports me for him or her saying racial slurs in the game. A person calling me racial slurs drags a PvP match into my area for no reason i go to leave and that player purposely targets me so i lose 4000 tal var stones for not participating in PvP. All cause i rewfused to participate in PvP and just want the Imerial armor and weapons collection from Imperial city talk about being harassed and bullied, then goes on to report me for it.
    So sad if you ask me doesn't make feel wanted in the Cyrodill or Imperial city or in the game anymore when i get treated like this by the PvP community for just simply wanting my cut of the game i denied access to by a few of the community something has to change seriously. Just feel unwanted by the community and staff anymore. When i can be harrassed and bullied and hated on day in and day out by a small group of the community and that community can do it whenever they want to and i cant even defend myself from theme.

First of all, I'm not going to say you're wrong or that I have not killed my share of players in IC either. But let's think about this. So, when IC first came out, I had the same problems that you are experiencing now. Where we differ was my response was a bit different from yours. They stole from me, so I made them pay. For the 10k they took from me, over two years I went after a certain faction non-stop and stole back millions in Tel Vars.

Eventually, I sat down with a certain Guild and we both very respectfully buried the hatchet and I by and large left IC alone afterwards and started focusing on Trials exclusively. The point here, is you cannot expect everyone to play by your rules, no matter how good, sincere or well-meaning your intentions are. The good thing about IC was in the end not only did I find my own sense of justice but profited from it greatly and made a great many improvements over time because of the conflict.

However, one thing I never did was expect others to think my way or change the rules to suite my intentions. And please don't take that the wrong way as its not meant to be too harsh. I'm just saying that IC is a zone that's kind of like a jungle and in order to co-exist in a more peaceful way as you want to, you're going to need to understand where the line exists for that zone. And it hurts at first, I know it hurts. But my advice is this and I think it might help you.

Rather than continue on expecting the world to change for you, now that you know the place, the players, you know the rewards and the risks, so try to learn to adapt and overcome it without getting trampled by it. Anyone in a situation like yours and previously like mine is going to need to adapt and learn to make small changes in order to adapt. You cannot change the nature of that beast but you can change how you react and deal with it.

First of all, I'm not going to say you're wrong or that I have not killed my share of players in IC either. But let's think about this. So, when IC first came out, I had the same problems that you are experiencing now. Where we differ was my response was a bit different from yours. They stole from me, so I made them pay. For the 10k they took from me, over two years I went after a certain faction non-stop and stole back millions in Tel Vars.

Rather than continue on expecting the world to change for you, now that you know the place, the players, you know the rewards and the risks, so try to learn to adapt and overcome it without getting trampled by it. Anyone in a situation like yours and previously like mine is going to need to adapt and learn to make small changes in order to adapt. You cannot change the nature of that beast but you can change how you react and deal with it.

Trust me I found out a lot from a grape vine and the head of that persons, found out that person was in a guild and saw what happened, the person itself apologized for what did happen and did offer to compensate for what happened, I denied and said they themselves didn't do it so they shouldn't pay for what other did, nor should others be responsible for it, the person that did should. Long conversation short justice was done.
    Edited by baltic1284 on August 22, 2022 12:44AM
  • Aehallh
    Aehallh
    ✭✭✭
    hmm, racial slur. what did you get called ? Breton? Argonian. Just some random racial slur? I don't get it. And if you were in imperial city, LOL my guildies make plans to use the keys in groups because it is well known you will be atatcked. that the whole point of Imperial city.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What's funny I just did well over 4000 tal var in a day that is excluding the 1500 free tal var i got from just killing Imperial soldiers so your valued post there nope don't buy it as i just did it and can easily prove you wrong.

You proved nothing wrong. Merely what you ahve done with Tel var and no player can tell how much Tel var another has on them until they kill them.

What I stated is an absolute fact concerning the design of IC and why when anyone steps foot into that zone they are opening themselves up to PvP without question or exception.

• Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Trust u found out a lot from a grape vine and the head of that person not the person itself apologized and did offer to compensate for what happened i denied and said they themselves didn't do it so they shouldn't pay for it the person that did should. Long conversation short justice was done.

Great news, I'm glad to hear that.
    We Know...
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would advice you to go in your alliances sewer area. There are mostly no enemy players there and you can easily earn thousands of telvars there by going in circles killing npcs, avoiding all pvp in a pvp area. The nocp server is even less populated of you are not on that one already, though a bit slower to farm.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Aehallh wrote: »
    hmm, racial slur. what did you get called ? Breton? Argonian. Just some random racial slur? I don't get it. And if you were in imperial city, LOL my guildies make plans to use the keys in groups because it is well known you will be atatcked. that the whole point of Imperial city.

As for the Racial slur wont post here what i was called at all isn't right or proper.
This discussion has been closed.