Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Who will teach new players?

karekiz
karekiz
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
With U35 crippling the endgame who will teach the new players to play? All the big streamers are leaving and the vast qualified endgame communities have left for new games.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 15, 2022 2:08AM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you also gonna be leaving ?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Me.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst case. They will learn themselves. Who do you think taught all those people you mentioned?

But yes, the established playerbase dwindling will make the accessibility of teaching much worst
    PvP needs more love.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    With U35 crippling the endgame who will teach the new players to play? All the big streamers are leaving and the vast qualified endgame communities have left for new games.

who taught to play to new players in april 2014 ?
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "Death is overrated", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »

No one and it was a disaster. We left after a couple of months and only came back at One Tamriel. My husband wouldn't come back at all.
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who decides who’s qualified to mentor others in MMOs? Nobody “taught” me to play ESO, or FFXIV, or WoW, or…the list goes on. Acting like there is some essential service that is being dissolved is just so silly to me.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No one and it was a disaster. We left after a couple of months and only came back at One Tamriel. My husband wouldn't come back at all.

I 've stayed.
    And not everybody needs a "teacher" to lean to play a video game...
    Eso isnt hard as well, it uses common mechanics that we can find in most of popular videos games.
    The best tip for a new player in 2022 is to join a guild and it should be mentionned in the tutorial imo.
    but well, you have a tutorial and combat tips in game, and different lvl with very easy normal dungeons to veteran hardcore mode... It's enough, you even have a pvp -50 campaign & xp scrolls/cakes to xp like hell to cp1k in 6months

It really has nothing to do with U35 or U75

Edited by Xarc on August 14, 2022 7:34PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "Death is overrated", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if every person who knows mechanics off all content leave, new players will teach themselves. Since nobody started this game with full knowledge of builds and content mechanics.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you have to want to learn, even the best teachers in the world cannot force someone to want to change for the better.

And U35 madness aside, many times in PvP people are very abrasive when you try to help them. Doing things like not using others player's siege, especially when I'm quickly jumping between oil pots, you know there's a reason for that. Other things too like stay on Crown or stop light attacking and swap to Siege gear instead (if there's room) etc...

Many times others, including myself, who try and correct these types of behaviors are not treated very well. So I would say more and more its up to the individual to want to learn, to want to collaborate with other players or just be someone no wants to be around because you refuse to listen to reason.
    Edited by Vulkunne on August 14, 2022 8:17PM
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might actually encourage more players to try more difficult content when they can explore, research and learn from experience rather than being constantly told what they're doing wrong and how to improve, however well-meaning those advising them may be.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It might actually encourage more players to try more difficult content when they can explore, research and learn from experience rather than being constantly told what they're doing wrong and how to improve, however well-meaning those advising them may be.

People can already do that. They can form their own group with their own reqs
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    Even if every person who knows mechanics off all content leave, new players will teach themselves. Since nobody started this game with full knowledge of builds and content mechanics.

Content completion rates speak to the opposite.
  • AngelicaDLynn
    AngelicaDLynn
    ✭✭✭

What makes you think that people will try more difficult content when they are doing 15-20 percent less dps and healing goes into the toilet?
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The real question is who's going to develop and publish the tutorials going forward. U35 is causing most of the content creators to call it quits when it comes to ESO.

(and no, posting comments on a forum IS NOT creating content lolz)
  • Crismac
    Crismac
    ✭✭✭
    I never had anyone teach me..... I guess that's why I suck.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you guys not experienced the incredible in-game tutorial?
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worst case scenario its just restarting the whole thing, those who stay will find people and eventualy recreate prog guild

The only one that might be irrecoverable for a long time are gonna be trifecta groups

Reality hate voids so its gonna get plugged by the one who steps in to replace prog guild
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people are greatly overestimating how many players will leave over this.
    PCNA
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think people are greatly overestimating how many players will leave over this.

In terms of overall population yes, not many people will leave. In terms of experienced endgame players with raid knowldege and all...vast majority will.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And players who want to raid still will and will learn from doing like the first raiders did.
    PCNA
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No worries Hadeostry!

Hey guys I do I beat veteran Maw of Lorkhage?
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That happens every time there's a major change patch.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The thing is, we didn't have the content then that we have now. It is A LONG road to Dreadsail Reef or Rockgrove or Shipwright's Regret in terms of learning how to play in an organized group at this point. Experienced friends to help you along the way helps a lot.

All MMOs have a natural progression curve and decimating a pool of players eight years in who have gone through it and grown with the game is bad for all. They have a perspective that newer players will never have. And having those multiple perspectives is part of what makes us a good community.

I really like this game and I don't get how everyone doesn't see how all of these folks quitting is bad for all of us in ESO, whether you ever intend to step into "end game" or not. These players maintain external resources and guides, PvP, join in at world bosses, and participate in events and guildes just like the rest of us. The world is so much emptier already... not what you want in an MMO.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    :shrug: The demographic for the Elder Scrolls players skews toward "older". There was no one to teach the first players; we figured things out by actually trying to do them. Running into glitches and finding problems where things didn't work was a part of the game we just accepted because "stuff happens, and computer stuff happens more often". Showing new players what we learned makes it easier, but it still won't instantly give them the skills. I've thought One Tamriel was a mistake; good idea for the players who had been with the game since the beginning, but confusing to any new players. Yes, people complained the locked factions until you completed the main original game story were "railroading", however that kept the stories coherent and much less confusing than allowing people to go anywhere and do any quest in any order at any level.

What makes you think that people will try more difficult content when they are doing 15-20 percent less dps and healing goes into the toilet?

New players, who have no idea what dps they're doing, and what percentage they are healing are going to know this discrepancy exists, how? Especially if there are no "old" players around yelling at them about the crappy dps or healing they're doing. The new players will do whatever damage they do, or whatever healing they do, and adapt and learn how to work with what they have.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe the developers will start streaming it themselves?

They will get to feel the game and do proper adjustments to it.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

Maybe the developers will start streaming it themselves?

They will get to feel the game and do proper adjustments to it.

I can't wait to see them 20 man raid world bosses while zooming in on flowers. Its gonna be LIT yall.