The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow Rider Senche EYE GLOW.

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear ZOS, can you tone down the strenght of the eye-glow of this mount, its too strong and it actually "hides" the mount from showing its full glory in detail because all you see is the red bright light, thx.
unknown.png

PC EU
PvP only
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not seeing that.

maEqje7.png

hxZT8w7.png
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least dragons won't accidently fly into the ground where you are in the middle of the night.
    PC NA
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm thats strange, its always been like that for me, can it be a video setting? graphical?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone can shed some light on a setting or an option that makes the bright red light go away, I will be eternally grateful.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for putting me on the right track, that it might have been just a video setting thing, I managed to fix it. @SkaraMinoc
    unknown.png

PC EU
    PvP only
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to do a double-take. Yea it's not like that at all for me either. Glad you were able to correct your video settings.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    What settings did you adjust? Mine looks like your first pic.
  • Bruttmurk
    Bruttmurk
    Soul Shriven
    would be nice to know what settings you actually changed to fix the issue.
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on xbox and i got the same problem. Not sure i can adjust graphical settings but i hope there's something i can do about it.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could someone post a clip of the roar and visual walking effects, if any? <3
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would also appreciate a fix for this. I've waited about two years to be able to finally get this mount and I remember reading somewhere that at some point there was a graphics update that caused the eyes to go like this. I'd really like to know what to change to make it look like it should, because the red glow even appears through his back when I am riding.
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if it’s any help, but my graphic settings on low, everything on default for that quality and the mount looks the same as on Scara screenshots.
  • Asphyxis
    Asphyxis
    That's the unique part of this mount. Why would they change it?
    Asphyxis
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's like this on PS5 and it's a little horrifying. You can't see the cat's head at all.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like these eyes. Bright and unique. But not like on your screenshot. Something wrong with your settings.
  • Saints
    Saints
    ✭✭
    Xbox Series X, same issue and this is with HDR disabled.

Would love this to be adjusted, the mount is incredible!
  • Saints
    Saints
    ✭✭
    Saints wrote: »
    Xbox Series X, same issue and this is with HDR disabled.

Would love this to be adjusted, the mount is incredible!

Initial impressions were from a preview, after acquiring the mount a moment later it's actually not as bad on console, although the viewing angle makes a difference and sometimes it's just insanely intense.

Could still benefit from an adjustment, though it's much better than I expected!
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This bug with many light sources started on Stonethorn PTS; it is very old now, and it affects not only eyes of this mount. It also affects different things like bonfires, wayshrines, some non-combat pets (such as Sovngarde pets), Worm Wizard personality, Psijic Portals... I've reported it many times in the past, both in game and in all details on forums:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/561438/visual-bug-with-some-light-sources-6-months-and-still-not-fixed#latest

Just a few examples from that thread:

wfHUKEu.jpg

ywUZW1K.jpg

dPmc8u7.jpg

How this mount looked before Stonethorn patch went live:

bpEk8HY.jpg

Without any changes on my machine and in my game settings/drivers, this is how it started to look afterwards:

kBgFvID.jpg

This not only ruined the mount, but ruined atmosphere of the game whenever there is some light souce with this bug. After many months since my first report, the huge red light source inside this mount's head was toned down a little bit, so that when I rotate the camers, it can be possible to at least see the muzzle... So at least somebody tried to fix this mount in particular :smiley:
    Which game setting helped you to fix the eyes of Shadow Rider senche? I would be very grateful to learn it please <3@olsborg

ZEslnp6.jpg

@UntilValhalla13

I have video showcase of this mount recorded when there was no light bug, but I never posted it on Youtube. If nobody else, I will try to upload it - no guarantee, sadly. Here are few screenshots though:

exKBAux.jpg (old)

bdmOwG9.jpg (new)

7lrABAP.jpg (new)

2Y35Mjd.jpg (new)

It makes same sounds as Frostbane Sabre Cat (apex mount from these crates).

At good background, the roar looks much more impressive :D

Bpge5r6.jpg

Now I would simply wish to enjoy the cute muzzle like I used to :'(
    Edited by Fischblut on July 15, 2022 10:12PM
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    This bug with many light sources started on Stonethorn PTS; it is very old now, and it affects not only eyes of this mount. It also affects different things like bonfires, wayshrines, some non-combat pets (such as Sovngarde pets), Worm Wizard personality, Psijic Portals... I've reported it many times in the past, both in game and in all details on forums

I'm fairly sure it's your post I was remembering.

If anyone finds any graphics setting that brings the old look back please let me know.
    tonyblack wrote: »
    Idk if it’s any help, but my graphic settings on low, everything on default for that quality and the mount looks the same as on Scara screenshots.

I really hope there's a way to make it look like that without putting settings to low...

One thing I have noticed is how bright the eyes glow depends on how central the mount is on the screen. If it's in the center of my screen where I will usually see it the light from the eyes is overpowering and all detail on the face is lost, but if I play with my camera to have it at the edge of the screen, it looks like right again.
    Edited by Ezhh on July 15, 2022 11:52PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I took the FSR mode off also Ambient Occlusion off, I basically turned every feature off until something happened, when I had turned FSR off something looked different, but not quite there yet, and when I turned off Ambient Occlusion it became like the latest picture. For reference I also tried turning everything back on, even FSR etc, and the eyes was not glowing like that again, they looked fine.

unknown.png?width=554&height=676
    Edited by olsborg on July 16, 2022 12:34AM

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Hello, I took the FSR mode off also Ambient Occlusion off, I basically turned every feature off until something happened, when I had turned FSR off something looked different, but not quite there yet, and when I turned off Ambient Occlusion it became like the latest picture. For reference I also tried turning everything back on, even FSR etc, and the eyes was not glowing like that again, they looked fine.

unknown.png?width=554&height=676

Sounds good but i don't think there's any way to do that on console.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This mount is absolutely beautiful... ZOS, please do not lessen it unless you plan on also offering refunds. :smiley:

This mount does not have many FX like some of the newer ones.. the FX are subtle in number but also strong and the contrast is amazing.... leave it alone. They can improve the textures if anything (on all older mounts really.. and some newer).
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    This mount is absolutely beautiful... ZOS, please do not lessen it unless you plan on also offering refunds. :smiley:

This mount does not have many FX like some of the newer ones.. the FX are subtle in number but also strong and the contrast is amazing.... leave it alone. They can improve the textures if anything (on all older mounts really.. and some newer).

I think you don't understand or the mount might look normal to you but man. On my screen there is a giant beam of red light covering the whole face. I CAN'T see the head. It's just a senche with a red globe instead of head.
    Please Zos, we need a fix. Alot of people paid money for it.
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that the intensity of the glare also depends on how zoomed in or out you are from it. The further away the camera is, the bigger and more obtrusive the glare. As in Fischblut's post, this (and seeing the glow through the head from the back) is probably due to a general lighting/ambient occlusion issue and not specific to this mount. There is also a third glow in the middle of the head and I think this is the light source that is really intensifying the brightness, but that's just speculation.
    Screenshots taken at max settings using Screen Space GI and Bloom turned off.

a1iva1fapa53.png
    ayyjj41597vp.png
    Zoomed out
    lajt1vmojces.png
    Zoomed in
    dvhm2tk23iu9.png
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sadly, changing video settings (including Ambient Occlusion) doesn't affect eyes of this mount for me :/ All those light sources from my examples remain bugged as well, I specially went to check them out too after changing settings :'(
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    Sadly, changing video settings (including Ambient Occlusion) doesn't affect eyes of this mount for me :/ All those light sources from my examples remain bugged as well, I specially went to check them out too after changing settings :'(

@Fischblut try setting all video setting on minimum, then setting each option back to where you had it previously one by one, worked for a friend of mine.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    This is how it looks for me
    kQGoRs0.png
    FvUgU16.png
    ipSvy2W.png
    I am playing on xbox and there is not much i can do when it comes to graphical changes. I thought zos were fast when it came to fixing crown store items but this thread seems to be ignored.
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    Just uploaded a video showing the issue. For some reason it fixed itself for a bit but once i stopped moving with the mount, the problem came back.
    https://youtu.be/HBHM84b9Y1s
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bokila wrote: »
    Just uploaded a video showing the issue. For some reason it fixed itself for a bit but once i stopped moving with the mount, the problem came back.

Looks like that third light in the middle of the head that I mentioned in my post above decided to turn on lol
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    Zorrin wrote: »
    Bokila wrote: »

Looks like that third light in the middle of the head that I mentioned in my post above decided to turn on lol

Yeah i just zoomed in and i saw the extra light source in the middle of the head. I don't think that's the main reason the head glows like that because the eyes seem to be brighter.
    LQmwy8H.png
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could you please let us know if this will be fixed anytime soon?