The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DO NOT BUY HIGH ISLE IF YOU WANT CERTAIN MYTHIC ITEMS

BlakMarket
BlakMarket
✭✭✭✭
Bought High Isle in anticipation of certain mythic items, pre-purchased and was excited. Farmed Sea-serpent Coil, took around 4 hrs. Ok, not so bad. Move onto Oakensoul, first 4 leads around 4hrs, final lead "Petrified Oak Loop" the 4 hrs I tried was literally the most unenjoyable time I've ever spent playing a video game, as the forums show. Decide to farm "Dov-Rha Sabatons" while wait we from a response from ZOS regarding Oakensoul lead. Another mistake. First 2 leads, around 3 hrs then the "Dov-rha Sabaton Toe Cap" which is any Psijic portal, 3 days later and around 12 hrs, 66 portals and no lead.

Been playing ESO since Mythic items were introduced, never has the grind been this frustrating/unenjoyable/infuriating.

ZOS you are making me hate my favorite game, and the kicker is I paid $59 for this experience. I just want to play my favorite game with the new toys I payed for, not contemplate deleting ESO and main another game.
Edited by BlakMarket on June 9, 2022 7:07PM
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like they never learn, we had the exact same issue back in greymore when they had that lead on that table

I didnt pay for this expansion just to sit there pressing E for hours hoping for some RNG
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their attitude is... "we want to give them something to keep them playing the game"... instead they give us content that makes us want to QUIT the game! They really need to get a grasp between 'time well spent' and 'wasting player's time'. MMOs are meant to include some grind, not a virtual dead end. Basically, it feels like them saying, "let's dangle something in front of them, but put it behind a wall that only a few die-hard players will actually be able to get". It's not fun, it's not 'time well spent' and it's not even a "grind"... it's a WALL!!
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Their attitude is... "we want to give them something to keep them playing the game"... instead they give us content that makes us want to QUIT the game! They really need to get a grasp between 'time well spent' and 'wasting player's time'. MMOs are meant to include some grind, not a virtual dead end. Basically, it feels like them saying, "let's dangle something in front of them, but put it behind a wall that only a few die-hard players will actually be able to get". It's not fun, it's not 'time well spent' and it's not even a "grind"... it's a WALL!!

Well said, my friend.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i do the leads as i get them but i dont heavily farm for them until about the 3rd week after a patch (so they can fix issues with drop rates, and avoid the "rush")
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still haven't gotten the coil lead from Mage's Guild dailies, done it every day on 9 characters since release.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still haven't gotten the coil lead from Mage's Guild dailies, done it every day on 9 characters since release.

There's a lead from mages guild dailies? XD I literally got the 30 day achievement for that one, just to get the achievement. Didn't get a single lead. Didn't even know there was one. That's pretty bad LOL
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There's a lead from mages guild dailies? XD I literally got the 30 day achievement for that one, just to get the achievement. Didn't get a single lead. Didn't even know there was one. That's pretty bad LOL

The lead is for the Sea Serpent's Coil, which came out with High Isle. So it's only been a couple days.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to get the lead from Deadlands daily reward coffers! :o
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 hours of content per item. Sounds like it adds up to marketing material to me. "X hours of content!"
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't buy the DLC and I don't intend to at all this time around. The model is/has losing/lost it's appeal.
    (Honest opinion of a 8 year eso vet)
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    Didn't buy the DLC and I don't intend to at all this time around. The model is/has losing/lost it's appeal.

I feel the same. I was going to wait for the fall sale but at this point I'm planning to wait for it to become a DLC when the next chapter comes out. I will pay for a month of ESO+ service to run the quests and dungeons and call it done.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gave up on Antiquities other than just stumbling upon them. The grind has become more and more like work.
    I play games to relax and have fun. The constant hours and hours of time to get a single part of a multi-part item is not my idea of relaxation or fun.

lots players must enjoy this type of grind play, or else it would not be so much of it in the game.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also haven't bought it. Going to let ESO+ expire for now as well until https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/599878/fps-drops-after-u33 gets acknowledged and fixed.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The reason I buy chapters is the story content. Everything else is just fluff.

I do find it annoying that they keep putting leads for mythic items behind things that are infuriating to farm though.
    Playing since beta...
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    agree, its getting worse and worse...
    • already bad rng is reaching new levels since deadlands
    • hidden cooldowns seems to be the latest fun in zos department (and the worst for players)
    • eso crashing explorer and os related apps which was known on pts, yet made it to live

you know you are pushing people away with all that bs, do you?
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    STOP trying to get everything in the first week

Wait a few weeks and then go get wwhat you need
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elo106 wrote: »
    Its like they never learn, we had the exact same issue back in greymore when they had that lead on that table

I didnt pay for this expansion just to sit there pressing E for hours hoping for some RNG

ZOS or the players?
    Edited by Wolfpaw on June 22, 2022 4:12AM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »

I feel the same. I was going to wait for the fall sale but at this point I'm planning to wait for it to become a DLC when the next chapter comes out. I will pay for a month of ESO+ service to run the quests and dungeons and call it done.

Same here.

Hopefully ZOS tells their employees it's time to go back to the office, if they haven't already, hire more, put in some great work for next year, & knock it out of the park.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The lead is for the Sea Serpent's Coil, which came out with High Isle. So it's only been a couple days.

Ah! I see! :P well that's a bit better I guess. Lol
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who would buy a chapter just for the mythics?
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    Bought High Isle in anticipation of certain mythic items,

Never understood people who play the game (or MMO's in general) like a spreadsheet...But you do you. :smile:

This guy... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCKdu2FV5QY
    Edited by DagenHawk on June 9, 2022 11:28PM
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭

[snip] most end game players.

[edited for mild baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 10, 2022 3:51PM
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would he Troll?

ESO isn't WoW dude; the Hyper-Competitive community is rather small comparatively. ESO caught all those players that didn't want a Raid or Die game . I mean sometimes I believe the devs wish raiding was larger but the game is what it is.

Not one single person I know in game would waste time farming for any mythic, I mean to me why do it ? There isn't any story locked behind raids, and you can craft the most Badass looking gear.

But as I said you do you. :) Plenty of room for all of us.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by DagenHawk on June 12, 2022 12:30AM
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I didn't buy it, after the previous underwhelming expansions and boring grind fest of previous mythics it has left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    Stamsorc DPS (Master Crafter)
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    And last.. but not least another crafter!
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    DagenHawk wrote: »

Why would he Troll?

ESO isn't WoW dude the Hyper-Competitive community is rather small comparatively. ESO caught all those players that didn't want a Raid or Die game . I mean sometimes I believe the devs wish raiding was larger but the game is what it is.

Not one single person I know in game would waste time farming for any mythic, I mean to me why do it ? There isn't any story locked behind raids, and you can craft the most Badass looking gear.

But as I said you do you. :) Plenty of room for all of us.

Thanks for your input, good chat.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 10, 2022 3:53PM
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I 100% regret buying the expansion. There is NOTHING here. And like others, I'm not standing around punching "E" (or mouse scroll if you change for hours on end.

I'll unsub for a few months and maybe try it again at the end of the summer.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're buying an expansion for a couple pieces of loot, you probably shouldn't be buying it anyway. /shrug
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're buying an expansion for a couple pieces of loot, you probably shouldn't be buying it anyway. /shrug

I guess in a way it's sorta like buying epics... :|
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I'm seriously wondering why someone, even hardcore trial PvErs would throw almost 60€ for just a few pieces of gear.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 10, 2022 3:53PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a die hard fan of this game and typically buy collectors editions, but the Murkmire strongbox situation has me reevaluating whether to buy chapters at launch going forward. This is just so disrespectful to the player base. It may be delay until fall and get it on a discount from here on out.