Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What unnecessary features should be removed?

• Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other players. ;)
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    Mechanics.

Engaging & challenging combat =/= making players jump through flaming hoops during what would otherwise be a garden-variety boss fight.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Permanent combat pets. God I hate flappy so much! (Winged Twilight)

Stay safe :)
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Yeah, my sorceress is not using any of these combat pets anymore - by exactly that reason - they are annoying.
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLC-Dungeons, no one does them anyway. Maybe not remove, but tune them down to normal difficulty.
    Or make an extra masochist-difficulty like Blizzard does with Mythic+

Remove definitely animation canceling. Maybe with proper working animations the serverstrain would be less? I dont know, I am not a programmer.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    If someone can list PvP, then I pick combat pets. A nuisance for others and a crutch for them.

I agree, and this is coming from a warden main. I would gladly give up the bear if there were a suitable alternative. And I will not play my sorc these days. Lightning sorc used to be somewhat on par with pet sorc. Not so anymore. Can't stand those weird looking things. I would also add, let's get rid of non-combat pets, as well. Or at least auto-despawn them in group content.
    Lailaamell wrote: »
    Dlc dungeons barly anyone do them anyway

The more recent dlc dungeons are a lot better in design, I think. The optional bosses mean that for the vast majority of runs where those are skipped, the newest dungeons are not interminably long. The span of dungeons from around dragon bones to to just prior to the set with bdv, those are rough. In randoms, people port in and immediately drop if they get one from that era.

Sorry but most ppl dont really want to do a non fungal cave dungeon XD
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I am against removing anything, as everyone likes different things about the game. But add-ons should be looked at. Add-ons give players some major advantages over other players, and increases the server load as it allows players to perform multiple tasks unhumanly fast. It is time to create an equal ground for everyone!
  • abakzn
    abakzn
    ✭✭✭
    I would love companions to be removed, its a useless annoyance to me.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Maybe there should be separate crafting tables and merchants specifically for sorcerers. Make them go to the mages guild to do things like that. It makes sense because most merchants would really be afraid of daedric beasts in real life.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Personally I am against removing anything, as everyone likes different things about the game. But add-ons should be looked at. Add-ons give players some major advantages over other players, and increases the server load as it allows players to perform multiple tasks unhumanly fast. It is time to create an equal ground for everyone!

if they removed the ability to use any addons, the game would be horrendous

there are specific ones though that might need to be looked at though (a lot of people complain about miats in pvp, and a lot of people really dislike the ones that show group members loot for example)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • orgin_stadia
    orgin_stadia
    ✭✭✭
    Remove roles completely in normal dungeons, including rnd's. There are plenty of games without specific roles for this type of content so why are ESO so hanged up on it. Queue problems solved.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove roles completely in normal dungeons, including rnd's. There are plenty of games without specific roles for this type of content so why are ESO so hanged up on it. Queue problems solved.

I think this would just reveal how many people have no idea what they are doing. If you can't blame the Tank or the Healer, how will you justify being bad?
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking get rid of being locked to a Cyrodiil alliance upon character creation. That made sense back in the days when you were also locked to that alliance's zones and main story quest until Cadwell's silver and gold, but it feels unnecessary now. Any race, any alliance feels unnecessary too.

How about we instead choose which alliance we want to fight for for the duration of the campaign?

I don't know, it just feels like the game has evolved way beyond our characters being loyal to one alliance and it might make more sense for us to fight in Cyrodiil more as a mercenary than a loyal alliance member.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think giving Zenimax the time to finish the hardware replacement and reorganize the base-level code server-side is a better plan than starting to gut the game of features. Once that is done then this type of feedback may have value.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If someone can list PvP, then I pick combat pets. A nuisance for others and a crutch for them.

I’d simply like a setting to make other peoples combat pets invisible. I hate stacking in a dungeon or trial and have someone’s pet flapping in front of my face blocking the view entirely.

This is a client-side load and only affect performance on lower-end machines. It is not going to affect the performance of the servers which is what OP seems to be talking about.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos should remove Sledgehammer Nerfs. Also remove the bit where they only talk to us in Patch Notes and Content Reveals.

#communicationmeanslisteningtoo
    Edited by Mr_Stach on June 3, 2022 4:10PM
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • deleted220614-000183
    Frankly I don't like PVP in ESO but it doesn't mean it should be removed completely.

I think that cyrodiil map is absolutely bad.
    I don't know what was the first idea, maybe they wanted to make the coolest and biggest PVP map ever on 20 years old game engine.

If ZOS hired me as an analyst and SW engineer at that time I would honestly told them it is a silly idea that will become nightmare onperformance grounds and made people complaining and
    -waiting in queues if everything is balanced and fair
    -instakilled if everything is rigged and unbalanced

What ZOS actually acomplished is all the bad mentioned above as PVP is highly unpopular, resource demanding and unbalanced at the same time.

So what should be done with PVP ?

1. mechanics simplified (must be reworked from the scratch)
    2. PVE items and farmed gear should be vastly inferior to one-time drops from PVP map, fortnite style,
    so farming PVE gear will not be necessary at all and give some advantage in the first minutes only
    3. short campaigns 20minutes max (as nobody is willing play PVP longer nowadays)
    4. huge boost of server performance (as lags are absolutely unacceptable)
    5. fresh ideas, new maps, new mechanics and tactics (flying, building shelters, swiming under water, boosts from monster LOL style etc) !!!!!!!!
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate stacking in a dungeon or trial and have someone’s pet flapping in front of my face blocking the view entirely.

I hate toons stacking at all, it's ridiculous. Make toon collide so they cant do it.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ability to teabag ofc
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons