Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

What unnecessary features should be removed?

ForzaRammer
ForzaRammer
✭✭✭✭✭
Game performance is not great, loading screen take forever, dungeon finder never works, random lag and frame drop in dungeons and trails.

It’s time the players provide valuable feedbacks so zos devs can roll back performance impacting and unnecessary features.

Please provide reasons why it’s unnecessary and how a less complicated (computation and memory) implementation will work just fine
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “What unnecessary features should be removed?”

PvP. :wink:
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will start with one of the most useless features: dungeon finder ready check.

It was implemented because people complain about folks being afk. Problem is an addon that auto-accept, completely render ready check useless, so I still often get people go afk for 5-10 minutes.

My suggestion is just get rid of the ready checks
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It not that bad, well at leat for me
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be careful what you ask for! The last major "unnecessary" feature to be removed in the name of increasing performance was per-character achievements, which has been, to put it mildly, controversial.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Be careful what you ask for! The last major "unnecessary" feature to be removed in the name of increasing performance was per-character achievements, which has been, to put it mildly, controversial.

I love it XD, the unnecessary part is controversial, the improve performance part is not
    Options
  • alienmz
    alienmz
    ✭✭✭
    Companions
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alienmz wrote: »
    Companions

<3
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think that would leave a lot of over powered killing DKs to play in PvE.

I don't heal PvE.
    Options
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons, Trials and PvP so people wont waste time on weird things and will play the new card game instead.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
    Options
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭

Hey, you stole my answer! ;)
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh this thread is destined for the lock. While it is a legit question, already it's turned into a "I hate X, so let's scrap it, because even if it doesn't help, I won't miss it".

On my list would be all costumes and cosmetics, all mounts except horses, fishing, the psijic order, the whole housing system, necromancers as a class, festivals/events, anything with the word 'daily' in it. There's probably more, but that's a good start.
    So, let's just get rid of those. If it doesn't help performance, no harm done eh?! :s
    Edited by Muizer on June 1, 2022 9:51PM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random drops, let me just pick what drops so I can gear my pvp character faster.
    PvP needs more love.
    Options
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »
    Dungeons, Trials and PvP so people wont waste time on weird things and will play the new card game instead.

This.

1. Remove veteran completely as an option, scale difficulty of dungeons and trials down to an overland content level.
    2. Change Cyrodiil and Imperial City to PVE-only zones.
    3. Turn off PVP in Battlegrounds, make it objective only (delete deathmatch completely) with some RP options.
    4. Add more companions.
    5. Card Game.
    6. ????
    7. PROFIT!
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

I love it XD, the unnecessary part is controversial, the improve performance part is not

Considering it was a betrayal of around half the player base on a fundamental level for gains that completely failed to materialize, I'd say it's still pretty controversial.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing. You will always find *someone* who finds this or that necessary.
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
    Options
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mandatory 4 new dungeons and 2 new zones per year are going to kill the game eventually, with over a 100 useless sets and motifs. I wish this development effort was spent on improving existing sets / motifs and fixing current game problems.
    Also, my loading times are very short on a 16 thread CPU and PCIE x4 SSD drive.
    Options
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The General Chat forum :trollface:
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
    Options
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon queue cooldowns are pretty unnecessary in my opinion and I would honestly appreciate it if they were removed. I queue sometimes for random groups, and with some groups it's either just not going to happen (fake tank/fake healer/just poor game sense in all three other members) or if it's something that *can* happen, it will be an extreme uphill battle from start to end where I have to patiently explain mechanics and strats for the umpteenth time. Sometimes I'm fine with doing all that, but sometimes I just really don't want to and instead enjoy a smooth, efficient run. You know what I do in those situations? I ask to be kicked, but often times that just leaves to group members being offended and deciding to hold me hostage. "You can always leave, huehuehue!". No one should be punished with a cooldown for leaving a group where either toxicity abounds, where members can not focus properly, where roles are being faked left and right, or actually for any reason. The activity finder cooldown is an unnecessary feature that I'd like to see removed.
    Options
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    hidden cooldowns on loot
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno. finally got a replacement computer that will run the game, and everything is fast and smooth. load screens are short compared to what I had with prior system. I dont PvP so I dont know how that would affect my system.

I wouldn't mind them getting rid of the NPCs that chase you around to start their quest. Just put them in an open location with a big quest icon. Nothing more irritating than trying to pick something up and the NPC is right on top of you interfering with the interaction. I will take that quest when I want to, and not before.

IMHO

:#
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If someone can list PvP, then I pick combat pets. A nuisance for others and a crutch for them.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    Dlc dungeons barly anyone do them anyway
    Options
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ixthUA wrote: »
    Mandatory 4 new dungeons and 2 new zones per year are going to kill the game eventually, with over a 100 useless sets and motifs. I wish this development effort was spent on improving existing sets / motifs and fixing current game problems.

I agree that this is adhered to a bit too stringent. Especially the number of sets, there comes a point where you run out of meaningful variations.
    Options
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Companions
    2. PVP
    3. Cooldown on Loot
    4. 198751585 useless sets
    5. 3 monthly content updates (half year or yearly would be enough in my opinion)
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3600CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
    Options
  • Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    Ice staff aggro. Variety is good i guess, but does anybody even use it? Never seen that myself
    Options
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sjestenka wrote: »
    Ice staff aggro. Variety is good i guess, but does anybody even use it? Never seen that myself

This was fixed by putting the taunt on a skill and not passive, and yes tanks and frost wardens do use ice staves.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're adding more fluff every time now so gl. If I'd have dev superpowers I'd just cut non combat pets, companions, card games etc which have nothing to do with actual combat gameplay I've enjoyed personally. Some people already suggested to cut things I love so have no shame in listing lol.
    Options
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not actually features, but things I would like to be removed:

1. Too much food&drink recipes. Why do we have so many of intermediate level consumables for level 10-14, CP20-40, etc.?
    2. The interval of CP 1-160 and the fact that end-game equipment is at CP160 for some odd reason.
    3. Too many sets and motifs, and they keep adding more just for the sake of adding more.
    4. The API function that is used by Combat Alerts addon. For console players: imagine you have a big text alert on the screen whenever a boss in the dungeon has selected you and is going to hit you, so you just block when the text appears.
    5. Stuga. I don't know how long she's been looking for me, but I know how long I've been waiting her to stop it.
    Edited by Ermiq on June 2, 2022 12:01PM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
    Options
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will start with one of the most useless features: dungeon finder ready check.

It was implemented because people complain about folks being afk. Problem is an addon that auto-accept, completely render ready check useless, so I still often get people go afk for 5-10 minutes.

My suggestion is just get rid of the ready checks

As someone who has seen many folks not 'ready' or deline instantly and then had to go through another round in order to get those people, I think the ready check is a GOOD thing. Nobody really wants to land in a dungeon with a person who is absent and go part way through before you kick them because someone wants to 'give them a chance' to show up. Most often it's DPS probably because they are in the queue for so long that they do other things or step away. Without the ready check that person would get in the dungeon and still be 'away' but those there would then need to kick if they chose to do so or more accuratley can get the vores.. it's tedious. It's annoying. It's better with the ready check than not. I have been in groups where a person has been offline through the first and second boss and I still cannot get people to kick them so we could TRY to get someone to fill the role.

Furthermore, I find that getting that role filled once in the dungeon is a lot harder than I remember. I'm not sure if the dungeon finder is bugged, but I have finished dungeons without getting that person. I have had them show up at the end on the last boss. Unless it's a long dungeon, odds of filing that role seems slim these days. Even when it is a DPS. Even during what one would think is a busy time. So frankly, it seems better to start with a full group than make the odds in the favor of having two players in a dungeon.
    Edited by xXSilverDragonXx on June 2, 2022 12:51PM
    Options
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If someone can list PvP, then I pick combat pets. A nuisance for others and a crutch for them.

I’d simply like a setting to make other peoples combat pets invisible. I hate stacking in a dungeon or trial and have someone’s pet flapping in front of my face blocking the view entirely.
    Options