The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Which Companion are you most looking forward to?

• Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    not interested in companions at all
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    It will be another tedious grind.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the character I am playing
    Neither speak to me and I also wish one had been male. I'm quite annoyed we get a breton companion when we already have Bastian who even was supposed to be a breton but then of some reason they made him an imperial. An imperial which is more breton than some bretons.

I hope the next two will both be male. Preferably argonian, bosmer or orc.

But which I use will vary between characters and depend on which fits them better.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    I want a male companion.

Me too, but only if he is handsome, isn't covered with fur or scales and isn't an Orc.
    PCNA
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ember
    They should all be removed. Add nothing to the game, other than to make it feel like Skyrim.

The funny thing is that this game only achieved a good number of players when it started to ''be like Skyrim'' :D

So the game being like Skyrim is actually a good thing.
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    None
    They should all be removed. Add nothing to the game, other than to make it feel like Skyrim.

This.
    Way too much development time spent on useless things like this.
  • Avishag
    Avishag
    ✭✭✭
    Isobel
    To be honest, I love both of them o:)
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isobel
    I haven't been on the PTS, so I don't know yet. Isobel appears to be based on templars, a class I love, so I chose her. We shall see.

I like companions, though, and believe they are a great addition to the game.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    I don't think I was the intended audience for either.

Ember's rapport quest was pretty decent for me despite that.

Isobel's rapport quest left me wondering if someone took a life experience they had and turned it into a fantasy story. Maybe it plays better if you space out over a long time but it definitely felt like if it wasn't something someone went through you'd have um done things differently.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I liked both Ember and Isobel when I tested them on PTS. They have good personalities and voice acting. For me it will depend on the character I'm playing. Different companions jive with my alts because my alts also have their own personalities. Eventually my goal will be to have one unique companion for each alt when we finally get to that point in the future. I also hope to have a more even male/female representation of companions in the future.

Edited by Kesstryl on May 31, 2022 9:46PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine...
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isobel
    Isobel
    Edited by kieso on May 31, 2022 9:50PM
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ember
    I will start with Ember and then continue with Isobel.

I like my companions and having several alternatives will give me the chance to have each companion specialize so I can load their set role as and when required. Four companions === Four roles without having to go into details and switch their gear or skills.

Combined with the excellent Armory I now have a lot more flexibility in a few keypresses,

What's not to like :)
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    I will start with Ember and then continue with Isobel.

I like my companions and having several alternatives will give me the chance to have each companion specialize so I can load their set role as and when required. Four companions === Four roles without having to go into details and switch their gear or skills.

Combined with the excellent Armory I now have a lot more flexibility in a few keypresses,

What's not to like :)

I like how you think.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Companions are for games that people play solo. They don't fit in for MMO's. In MMO's there are other real people we are supposed to interact with to get things done.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ember
    Ember, because I want to be able to level up legerdemain, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood on all my characters without my companion hating me.

Plus kitty. <3
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None
    honestly i think i've peaked, gonna be tough to top Mirri

i do really love that isobel is voiced by Laura Bailey though. what an incredibly talented voice actress

the elder scrolls online has features that are reminiscent of elder scrolls games and rpgs as a whole? perish the thought
    Edited by Browiseth on May 31, 2022 11:36PM
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't really care for them myself, but I know people that actually enjoy them so no need for removal.

What I would like to have is an option for them being invisible except to the player using them. There is going to be a bunch of Ember and Isobel clones running around for a couple months and I'd rather not see them.

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None

Don't really care for them myself, but I know people that actually enjoy them so no need for removal.

What I would like to have is an option for them being invisible except to the player using them. There is going to be a bunch of Ember and Isobel clones running around for a couple months and I'd rather not see them.

That would be a great qol, even better if non-combat pets were included. Or atleast an option to turn them off on my screen.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on June 1, 2022 1:23AM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ember
    Ember likes the things I enjoy, and I don't do fishing or getting caught. So, no worries there. A perfect 10.

Isobel sounds like an even worse whining do-gooder than Bastian. She's the wrong sort of a cultist. There are also a couple of problems with her names that are going to grate every time I see or hear them.

To be fair Isobel is a better Bastian but still very much of the do nothing shady school. But Ember is just pure undiluted awesomeness.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None
    I lost all my companion interest when I know they cannot equipment player equipments
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will play both..but unless one of them can give me better support that a fully maxed Mirri with a bow can... I will stay with her

Besides....I think she has a crush on me ;)

Edited by DagenHawk on June 1, 2022 2:03AM
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isobel
    because I just cleaned up... :D
    giphy.gif
    Edited by tim77 on June 1, 2022 2:20AM
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    None.
    I use Bastian sporadically only and have no need for more (I already don't use Mirri).

I generally don't like to have "something" sticking to me like glue everywhere I go (no matter if pets or whatever else). Fortunately, the part of the game content I touch is easy enough with no need for a companion. Exceptions are soloing a public dungeon or farming in Craglorn, once in a blue moon.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Companions' favor points is way too grindy, time-gated and tracked per character. Hard pass.

They don't do much for me RP wise. Their quest chains seem about as shallow as other quests in this game, except this time I need to grind for it.

If I were ZOS, I would release a single companion with strong ties to the year's Chapter plot, similar to Serana in Dawnguard. You'd meet and unlock them at the start of the Chapter's plotline, they'd assist in doing the quests with side quests to develop their character and gain additional favor by working together.

IMO: They need to be buffed in combat. They need better AI. Their Companion Perks need to be buffed.

The only "improvement" ZOS made in 2022 for Companions is to add more variety to the ambient dialogue. Cool.

Ember seems like "lol so random xd"
    Being voiced by Laura Bailey seems like the only thing going for Isobel. They took the feedback they got from Bastian being a square and made... a prissy knight.

I'm not going to buy future Chapters for the Companions. I don't even consider them in the value proposition, I'd rather they focus their resources on something else.
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    I'll probably do whatever quests they have, and then never touch either again.

The companion system as it is simply holds no use to me, and seeing that just "two companions" are half of this years main features, along with the card game, is disappointing IMO.

But to each their own.
    174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They are much better than the skyrim companions, they basically don't do anything.
  • Monroe585
    Monroe585
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the orc companion?
  • RBAP28
    RBAP28
    ✭✭✭
    None
    The addition of new companions is fine, but what I'm most looking forward to is the option shut them up completely. I use Bastion to tank when I'm solo and man after a while I want to punch him in his dumb face.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ember
    Not really a fair poll. One of the options is a cat. When it comes to any poll in ESO cat > non cat. People like cats.
    ang08WP.gif

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.