The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which Companion are you most looking forward to?

Tornaad
Tornaad
✭✭✭✭✭
For me, it depends on the character. I think my Warden and my Necromancer will get along well with Ember. But my Warden will likely want to kill Isobel. I think my Templar will almost be kindred spirits with Isobel. My Sorcerer likely won't care either way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TReCvsN--s

Which Companion are you most looking forward to? 222 votes

Ember
27%
BelegnoleWhiteCoatSyndromeWuffyCeruleiSantieClawsValveKhenarthizariaproprio.meb16_ESOIselinphaneub17_ESOWinghondelinkBloodyStigmataCendrillion21AstironMartoCaptainVenomLadyLethallaLysetteElric_665 61 votes
Isobel
18%
vailjohn_ESOlordspyderJarndyceGedericDarcyMardinCyberOnEsoShagrethGaebriel0410JonnAndCoimokie2609JoanOfOrcSjestenkakiesoRagnarok0130ADarkloreDalsinthusfakingfocusedTyharemilyhyoyeonlivvy7678 40 votes
Depends on the character I am playing
15%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOKesstrylDanikatQuietPanda_22cheeseaddictlion_heart_2000ub17_ESOstarlizard70ub17_ESOElvenheartredspecter23Enemy-of-ColdharbourReverbcaptainwolfosRex-UmbraNumber_51CloudlessScallanNarvuntienTornaadMysanneCatagami 35 votes
None
38%
chessalavakia_ESOstybbe17b16_ESOjcasini222ub17_ESOMalthorneWolfpawcamelliaSFxxKANExxSorakaLonestryderAsysSilverBrideDMuehlhausenMarshWanderershadyjane62erdbeerheldI_killed_VivectheendoftheriverParasaurolophusBrowisethSedoUmbra 86 votes
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None
    They should all be removed. Add nothing to the game, other than to make it feel like Skyrim.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should all be removed. Add nothing to the game, other than to make it feel like Skyrim.

To that, I will have to politely agree to disagree. Thank you for responding either way.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ember
    That answer is obvious, to this one. B)
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Timorelle
    Timorelle
    ✭✭✭
    I have 16 characters with 16 distinctly different personalities; of course they're all likely to get along with a different companion for different reasons! :)
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    None

Agreed.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None
    None, dislike companion system.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on May 31, 2022 3:12PM
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ember
    Ember, but only because she probably won't have a mental breakdown if I kill a bug or make tea.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ember, but only because she probably won't have a mental breakdown if I kill a bug or make tea.

If I am not thinking in terms of character personality, then I completely agree.
  • Bobargus
    Bobargus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ember
    As the first character that feels positively for anything that involves legerdemain, TG, and DB; Ember is, in my opinion and for now, the best companion to not only level up and use, but also to be around with.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My elf has grown quite attached to Mirri so is taking a watch and see approach as she expects to try out and evaluate the new companions to see if they hit it off well. Looking forward to both but it really depends on whether either or both 'click' with my elf and how well.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Lusty argonian of any gender, bonus points if it loves fishing and genocide
    Awake, but at what cost
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Ember, but also Isobel.

It depends.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ember

You want them removed even when it's obvious that a lot of players are very happy with them?
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None

Well no, but there will be silly things she won't like so it will be the same thing.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a fair poll. One of the options is a cat. When it comes to any poll in ESO cat > non cat. People like cats.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just wait till we get a Pacifist Companion:

Dislikes: Combat, Intimidation
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't decide if the companion Ember would get along with my character Ember or if they'll hate each other, but I kind of want to put them together either way.

(They're quite different, my Ember is a nord dragonknight, and also horribly impulsive with an overly high opinion of her own abilities, so she's not the easiest person to get along with, but she can be fun in the right situations.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jarndyce
    Jarndyce
    ✭✭✭
    Isobel
    Isobel!

Similar in looks to Cassandra from Dragon Age and her voice is same as Kira from Swtor. A win win! 🙂
  • vincentxavier
    vincentxavier
    ✭✭✭
    It is not so much which character I'm playing, but what I'm trying to do at the time. With the two current companions I use one mostly in town and the other when I'm not in town.
    PS NA
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None
    Snamyap wrote: »

You want them removed even when it's obvious that a lot of players are very happy with them?

It was a poll, I answered and gave my opinion. Other people in this posting agree. People I play with agree. Sure a lot like or love the system. A lot also loathe it and wouldn't care to see it go.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Snamyap wrote: »

It was a poll, I answered and gave my opinion. Other people in this posting agree. People I play with agree. Sure a lot like or love the system. A lot also loathe it and wouldn't care to see it go.

My feelings as well. +1
    PvP needs more love.
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not so much as the character I'm playing but what I'm doing. Currently I use both mirri and bastion. Just depends on what I'm doing mainly.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sammy will go on thieving sprees with Ember.

The Breton DK will hang out with Cassandra - sorry, this one meant Isobel - and try out more dungeons.
    Edited by SammyKhajit on May 31, 2022 4:43PM
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Not a big fan of khajiits and Isobel looks like Bastian reskin with same boring personality. I hope next expansion would bring more unique companions.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    At least this time around there are no big incentive to grind them like with the potions and extra loot the keepsakes from blackwood give.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ember
    She dislike fishing but then just disband her then fishing, not sure if its an big deal if fishing while waiting for an boss to respawn.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ember
    Ember likes the things I enjoy, and I don't do fishing or getting caught. So, no worries there. A perfect 10.

Isobel sounds like an even worse whining do-gooder than Bastian. She's the wrong sort of a cultist. There are also a couple of problems with her names that are going to grate every time I see or hear them.
    PC EU
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love companions, and am looking forward to both!
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    I want a male companion.