The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you use gg or tyfg at the end of dungeons?

• Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I type in "thanks everyone! :) " at the end.

You've done some activity with a group of people. At least have the decency to type full words.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I decide to do a dungeon run, I usually just solo one I can handle, because I'm afraid that I'm not tanky enough to be a "real" tank, and definitely not deepsy enough to be a DD. I don't remember if I've ever said "gg" or "tyfg" when I did do a dungeon in a group, so I guess that probably means I didn't.

On the other hand, if I'm soloing a world boss and someone joins me, or if I see someone ask for help in zone chat and I go to help them, I generally do say "gg" afterward. I haven't always done that, but I've been trying to be more conscientious about it. And if I help someone kill a boss and they thank me for helping, I say "yw."

If I'm doing something solo and someone comes up and wants to group with me, I'll group with them if I'm not otherwise very busy. And when I need to leave the group afterward, I'll say "tyfg."
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GG since 94
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • LeoXearo
    LeoXearo
    ✭✭
    I rarely talk in chat because it requires me to take my hand off my mouse which I really dislike doing while I'm playing.

I'td be awesome if there was a way to use speech to text in the chat box while playing. I know voice chat exists, but im talking voice to text.
    Leo Xearo, / CP 1160+ / Magplar
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LeoXearo wrote: »
    I'td be awesome if there was a way to use speech to text in the chat box while playing. I know voice chat exists, but im talking voice to text.

I can just imagine that: "Tanks for the soup, buys!"
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start: Hello! :)
    End: Thank you all!
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start: Hi

End:
    Good group: tyfg gg
    Average group: tyfg
    Bad group: gg lol
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike abbreviations. I type 'thanks for group was fun' most of the time. Maybe three or four groups I left without typing anything.
    Last night I typed 'chest' but two people had already left.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops I lied sort of. I did type 'chest' in a group last night but the last group I ran with I typed 'finally got the lead thanks for group'.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't say anything anymore.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    What is the point? Usually, it is us providing a service to them by carrying them through the content. Even so, rarely are their confessions of praise and cherish for these deeds.

It can make someone's day.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • SalamanNZ
    SalamanNZ
    ✭✭✭
    I always say "Ty all". Even if it's a bad run. Also if I'm tanking I will always complete all bosses if I see a lowbie in the group. So they can finish the quest
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get a lot of "QUEST????" from new players Right before the Cp 1 Trillion guy sprints through the entire dungeon
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I start with a "howdy" and finish with a "ggty"
    PC - NA
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I say "hi" and "gg thanks" unless it is a crap group, in which case I just leave. That's rarely the case though.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    I have a Keybind that says:

Today we fought with Honour, Blessings of the Nine Divines be upon you !

Are you using rchat addon @wisesky?

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I generally say "hi team" at the beginning and "thanks all" at the end. Occasionally something different but that's what's become habitual.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the start: "Hi, anyone have the quest?"

At the end: "thanks all" (or nothing if it was really terrible)
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everytime I try my best to type gg and tyfg with my PS4 controller before they disband :)
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oldbobdude wrote: »
    WiseSky wrote: »
    I have a Keybind that says:

Today we fought with Honour, Blessings of the Nine Divines be upon you !

Are you using rchat addon @wisesky?

no I have a G13 gamepad and it has custom hotkey you can set up like that just send a copied message
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    You've done some activity with a group of people. At least have the decency to type full words.
    By the time you finish typing full words, half the group will be gone. And on EU there's many who are not fluent in English. But they get common abbreviations.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless its a great group or I'm just feeling particularly nice, I don't say anything.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always try to say some kind of hello when I enter the group, and some kind of ty when the run is over. Honestly whether it is "tyfg" or something else depends on whether someone else has already said "tyfg." :)

My friend and I often queue as a duo and will say hello to each other at the beginning of a run to try and get the group talking and looking at the chat. :D
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    deejayvee wrote: »

Is that short for "giggity"?
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    I usually say "I need to finish quest dialog" with tick,tick,tick...
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sPark101 wrote: »
    I usually say "I need to finish quest dialog" with tick,tick,tick...

I think the worst one is Banished Cells I with the Monologue in the Middle and End. It takes FOREVER
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on how tired I am, sometimes I type the words, sometimes I type tyfg or TYFG because I didn't notice caps lock which is almost always on after a bunch of button smashing.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    "you served me well", mostly. Or "Go buy yourself a drink now". "Dismissed". JK, JK. Still, tygg i find uber tasteless. Simple and honest "thanks" i always say regardless of the results of the match
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I read that and see:

zww0j1ukxh2l.jpg

• deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

Is that short for "giggity"?

I read that and see:

zww0j1ukxh2l.jpg

Haha... I don't watch that show so it never occurred to me.
    PC - NA