The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you use gg or tyfg at the end of dungeons?

• proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello at start
    Thanks all bb at end

Indipendently of the group i found myself with... its just a matter of being polite.
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GG and give accolades to the group members.
    I'm offended that ur offended....

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "gg" in battlegrounds

"ty for group" in dungeons
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanna take this opportunity to say ESO is my first MMO and at first I though gg meant "get good" and I only recently found out it means "good game" and people were being nice to me and not critical.
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    usually "tyfg" but sometimes "WOW WE DID IT!!!" at the end of a particularly hard run like FG1
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Hello" at the start, "Thanks all" at the end.
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always type out thanks for group and usually ask if anyone wants to have any pieces I collected that I already have and then give it to them
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say..... something. But everyone quits out too fast in Pug Dungeons
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually state "howdy" at the start of the dungeon and follow up with the necessary question "is anyone doing the quest" It seems people just don't read group chat and sprint ahead to the first boss about 83% of the time.

Sometimes I get a person who replies "hi, I'm doing quest!" and then my goal transitions to ensure that person completes and gets their skill point. If the other two stick with us, great. If not, great. I'm helping the person to responded with something resembling civility.

A little "please and thank you" makes a world of difference to me - seems many folks are content to speed thru the run and get their keys. I understand and happy to do the same if no one says "hi" back to me. But if/when someone asks for help (which is rare for some reason) I am always more inclined to help that person, provide gear support, help through other questions, etc.
    Ray
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got macros for texting on my keyboard. ^^

/g hey there

/g chest

/g heavy sack

/g gg and bye bye guys

:)
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3302CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    I usually state "howdy" at the start of the dungeon and follow up with the necessary question "is anyone doing the quest" It seems people just don't read group chat and sprint ahead to the first boss about 83% of the time.

Sometimes I get a person who replies "hi, I'm doing quest!" and then my goal transitions to ensure that person completes and gets their skill point. If the other two stick with us, great. If not, great. I'm helping the person to responded with something resembling civility.

A little "please and thank you" makes a world of difference to me - seems many folks are content to speed thru the run and get their keys. I understand and happy to do the same if no one says "hi" back to me. But if/when someone asks for help (which is rare for some reason) I am always more inclined to help that person, provide gear support, help through other questions, etc.

Very noble of you, missing out on skill points at dungeon end sucks really bad for the new player experience especially on Dungeons with long winded ended (I'm looking at you Banished Cells I)
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both, if deserved, if I had a really good time, if the party members were kind, clever, etc.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i say ty a lot but i don't mean average group. it's just too much trouble to type tyfg. i mean, it's easy to mess up. tygf tgfy tfyg
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭
    EU GG
    NA TYFG
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    SgtWinnie wrote: »
    EU GG
    NA TYFG

Interesting. Why?
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    SgtWinnie wrote: »
    EU GG
    NA TYFG

Interesting. Why?

When I first started over on EU a few years back I noticed slight changes in terms used a lot on NA ie DPS v DD etc.
    It's also a little bit situational for me based on how others are signing out. A few dungeons and random folks in zone needing an assist on NA were tyfg.
    Finished 2 trials on EU it was everyone saying GG.
    I'm easy though as long as everyone leaves with a smile it can be GG TYFG WOOPEE makes no difference :D
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "hi" at start "ty" at end, I also spend a few minutes at the end so the questers can get their points.
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say "thanks for the run"
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start: Hiyas

Finish: Cheers!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just leave group and go on my way.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of tyfg, always gg.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • b101uk
    b101uk
    ✭✭✭
    I mostly type nothing other than for heavy sacks and chests.
  • IWinWithPewPew
    IWinWithPewPew
    ✭✭✭
    I just play lute if i fake tanked and skilled it ;D
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would I type gg to myself.
    I aint that mad yet
    Awake, but at what cost
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely use abbreviations, so I type things out. How much varies on the group.

If the group doesn't respond to the usual hellos and hi's at the start and are completely quiet I might not say anything except a bye. If they do it depends on how chatty everyone is, but standard randoms is usually gear sharing, a well done, and some form of bye.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely use abbreviations, so I type things out. How much varies on the group.

I agree wholeheartedly... sometimes abbreviations can get 'misconstrued' and someone thinks you are saying something other than what you intended. It's bad enough that text is the worst for instant communication with no ability to infer tone, inflection, humor, intent.... why worsen it by sometimes ambiguous shortening?

Granted that "tyfg" is pretty self explanatory (thank you for group). GG is "good game".

But I've seen people get upset when someone says "gf"... thinking it meant something other than "good fight". Use your imagination.

I'm sure I could provide other examples where textual abbreviations don't always work well... simply put, until you know the audience, complete phrases are more contextually relevant than shorted abbreviations in conveying your true meaning.
    Edited by adirondack on May 24, 2022 4:02PM
    Ray
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very rarely do I interact these days. I used to but player behavior IMHO has changed dramatically and for the worse in the years I was gone.

The times I land in RNDs with some jackwad racing ahead, skipping mobs, pulling them everywhere and leave the rest of the group behind to deal so that they can get to the last boss and solo it is UNPRECEDENTED. Currently, when this happens, I am at the point where I just wait it out and let the idiot complete it for me. Sometimes they can't. Then I just laugh.

• ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I typically open with "Heyo" and end with "Tyfg!" If it was a grueling run and we barely made it, I might add a woot or a yay. Most times I find people don't talk at all except to say something like "LF Kinras". I used to type out "Thanks for the run guys!" but 9 times out of 10 the group would be disbanded before I was done lol so I keep it short nowadays.

I generally like interactions in dungeons, so if people don't know what they're doing and ask questions I'm always happy to help out - assuming I know what I'm doing, which isn't always the case.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope! I actually say thank you and have a great day.
  • Special_XYZ
    Special_XYZ
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Good group = tyfg
    Average group = ty
    Bad group = leave without saying goodbye

Really bad group = disband group if you're crown