The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What did you get in your freebie Psijic Crates?

• kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even recall lol.
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    I got a noncombat pet and a bunch of junk that comes in those crates normally.
    Clueless, but willing to learn.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got to open them today. The good news is I didn't get a spider, which is what happened last time I opened free psijic crates.

The bad news is I didn't get anything of interest. I think there was a face marking, and a hat I already had. It didn't even work out to many gems, about 15 in total.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5hq18unobd7s.gif
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    In the first crate I got a vvardvark, which I already had.

This was the second crate:

ts0jpj4eckt3.jpg

We have THE winner
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was the bonus card too!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides the usual trash that is turned into gems, I got the emote showtime twice, which I already knew. So they both got turned into gems. And last one also gave a bonus card which was the Nocturnal tapestry. Which I will likely turn into gems too. Gems gems gems!
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Gorø
    Gorø
    ✭✭✭
    A dark elf costume and a face painting that I will never use. It gave me, however, enough gems to buy the summerset pond so I'm happy with it!
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm gonna stack all the crates I could get from rewards and never open them.
    I don't feel I'm missing out, but it will be fun to open them all once I retire from life... assuming ESO is still up and running by then.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a nixad pet and face markings but I had them so they converted to 5 gems each.
  • Valion
    Valion
    ✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »
    The disgusting, noisy creature I got from one of the crates.

I just love that little blade! <3
    "What does not redound to the swarm's advantage, that does not serve the single bee either."
    - Marc Aurel

"We ask not how many, but where they are."
    - Dunmeri Valiant Vow
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    It was the bonus card too!

you can only get radiant apex from the bonus cards
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daughter opened hers last night. One style page and the brown nixad pet.
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    Some juice and a mace motif.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm super happy for everyone who had better luck than I did, that's very good fortune for those of you who did! <3
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

You need to consider reporter bias as well. Someone who gets something they consider exceptional or something they're happy to get is more likely to want to tell people than someone who got nothing of interest.

Admittedly there's no way to measure that unless someone has an equivalent data set with all the drops (there used to be an addon to record all crown crate drops, but I don't know if it still exists or how many people use it).

That's very good that reporter bias was pointed out, these sort of threads might make it seem like the odds are greater than they actually are, which was not my intention. Thanks for that input! There's this neat little website where data is aggregated to for getting numbers on drop rates.
    Edited by Bat on May 25, 2022 12:55PM
  • Ajaxcat
    Ajaxcat
    ✭✭
    Mostly stuff I had (so gems) and some vardvark (which was weird since I thought I had one but I guess it's different).
  • Hlaaluna
    Hlaaluna
    ✭✭✭
    The usual rubbish. Useless potions and ugly skins.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the NA I got a few things I already had, so gems.
    On the EU however I got the wolf from the second crate.
    4ujy6ag1tg8a.png

Like I said in another thread, you can sometimes get some really nice stuff out of a free crate. :)
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    meekmiko wrote: »
    On the NA I got a few things I already had, so gems.
    On the EU however I got the wolf from the second crate.
    4ujy6ag1tg8a.png

Like I said in another thread, you can sometimes get some really nice stuff out of a free crate. :)

Nice! I got that wolf from a free crate back when Summerset first came out. I like that medallion too.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    First crate had a gold card... that was an exp scroll worth 33 gems.

Second crate had a blue card... that was an emote I already had worth 5 gems.

So... a bunch of gems.

*shrugs in "free stuff"*

We'll see what the other 3 alt accounts/servers get when theirs come around in a couple of days.

Update: 3 new crate hauls came through today.

Alt account NA got the exact same return as main account NA, except it was an instant research scroll on the gold card and the blue dupe was a piercing or something instead of an emote. Pretty sure Pacrooti was just trolling me with that one.

Alt account EU got a body tattoo and a mastiff pet. At least the dawg looks nice.

EU Ilsabet landed the Falkreath Thane costume and a face tattoo from one crate and a Pyandonean motif from the other. It's a nice costume that I already have on NA, so I was happy for her to get it, and I went ahead and used the motif page since she didn't have that one yet.

So basically out of 4 account entities, two got absolutely nothing special, one got a potentially useful pet, and one got a nice costume. I'd call 1 out of those 8 boxes actually good.

But hey, something something free stuff.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA