The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What did you get in your freebie Psijic Crates?

• kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »
    I consider myself lucky - 2 mounts from 2 clown crates. :blush:
    psijic1.jpg
    psijic2.jpg

Wooow congratulations! Sometimes you have to have a bit of luck ;)
  • Xinihp
    Xinihp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    Honestly if they go through the trouble of adding Crates onto the Log in Rewards, they should at least be a bit curated, maybe only make them the Higher tier Rewards, remove the potions and foods from them specifically for the log in crates.

But whatevs, I guess I still got some Crown Gems for my Trouble

Judging by the surprising good luck of many in this thread it almost seems that could have been in play.

But "random is random" and none of us can ever know for certain. ;)

Edited by Xinihp on May 24, 2022 10:14AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xinihp wrote: »
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    Honestly if they go through the trouble of adding Crates onto the Log in Rewards, they should at least be a bit curated, maybe only make them the Higher tier Rewards, remove the potions and foods from them specifically for the log in crates.

But whatevs, I guess I still got some Crown Gems for my Trouble

Judging by the surprising good luck of many in this thread it almost seems that could have been in play.

But "random is random" and none of us can ever know for certain. ;)

You need to consider reporter bias as well. Someone who gets something they consider exceptional or something they're happy to get is more likely to want to tell people than someone who got nothing of interest.

Admittedly there's no way to measure that unless someone has an equivalent data set with all the drops (there used to be an addon to record all crown crate drops, but I don't know if it still exists or how many people use it).
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get it. I got ill and in hospital so could not log in. I asked my husband to log in but he did not really get it.
    And now I am waiting on pc because that broke down. :(

How many days did you miss? Maybe try sending a support ticket explaining your situation
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    about 40 crown gem tyvm.
  • Liedeke
    Liedeke
    ✭✭✭
    I got mostly potions and food etc, so gems. And one circlet and some gauntlets of a style I'll probably never complete and/or wear. But hey, free stuff and I already managed to buy a pet I liked with gems in the past so I'm happy, just slowly saving up I'm in no rush.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My approach to gamble crates is to not open any. So I got 2 more for my very slowly growing collection.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got some mask that looked kinda cool but probably won't see much use, and some minor thing I already had. Still, cosmetic stuff and about 16 gems, so I am happy. :D
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that some people would complain about getting "nothing" from free crates. Would rather get poisons or elixirs that you CAN'T choose to turn into gems? Why?? :#

Anyway I got 35 gems from my crates and a shield motif. This is the first time since I joined that there have been crates for a daily reward and I really hope they do more!
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think i got more than 25 gems from any of the crates I opened.

Edited by EdmondDontes on May 24, 2022 2:07PM
  • Exeter411
    Exeter411
    ✭✭✭
    Potions and poisons, like I usually get.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did anyone actually get a mount or anything worth getting?

I got the Phantom Ice Wolf which is apparently a radiant apex. Might be my first!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    My approach to gamble crates is to not open any. So I got 2 more for my very slowly growing collection.

I'm always happy to open any 'free' crate a game gives me. They nicely reinforce the lesson that they're a total waste of money to actually buy. ;)
  • Aehallh
    Aehallh
    ✭✭✭
    a couple potions
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    31 gems and a costume, lucky I never buy crates. Still... free is good.
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing but trash and one dup they gave me 2 gems for. What a waste of time. Same thing the last 4 or 5 times we've gotten "free" crates. Trash. Never got anything worthwhile. Been here since beta.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More stupid face and body tattoos that I will never use.

I'd give anything to be able to deconstruct those for gems. :|
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    17 gems :)

It’s nice to get free crates though!
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trash ofc.
  • honglatongla
    honglatongla
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno, like 20 gems maybe.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing worth the wait - potions, XP scroll and a face marking I already had.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A thane costume, 2 motif (already had one) and some body markings
    Soupy twist
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    like 8 gems, a couple body paints I'll never use, and a purple rarity shalk that looks bad. You know, the kind of thing an average person with normal RNG would get from a couple free crates.
    Edited by merpins on May 24, 2022 4:52PM
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed the crates, but I'm certain I would have gotten something really cool :(
    Luckily I'm one of the few who will randomly pay 1000s of crowns for crown crates so nothing's really lost
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First crate had a gold card... that was an exp scroll worth 33 gems.

Second crate had a blue card... that was an emote I already had worth 5 gems.

So... a bunch of gems.

*shrugs in "free stuff"*

We'll see what the other 3 alt accounts/servers get when theirs come around in a couple of days.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    What did i get from the free Psijic crates?

The same thing i get from any crown crate - zero, zip, nothing, nada. With my RNG buying crown crates is like burning $20 bills.
  • ZharaX
    ZharaX
    ✭✭✭
    I got potions... potions and some potions, just 1 'Showtime' emote :) So yes, it was EPIC drops!
    The picture on the wall is chaotic.
    I don't want to look at it, but when I do,
    I cannot speak because of the confusion in my head!
  • MakoRuu
    MakoRuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just pots and garbage I already had. Turned them into gems.
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got some cool earrings! Really like them even though the design is small for earrings :p
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    I did not expect anything good, and crates fully delivered on that.

This. Worthless junk.