The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Please don't forget about Vampires

• Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    You look at what they are currently doing to Balance and you want them to touch Vampires?
    You are very brave.
    All I can see is that there's vampirism and we don't get to feel like vampires or even use any abilities, now that's a problem. As for the other changes -- I think they're good for the future of the game, hopefully weaving will be completely removed at some point.
  • Mazio
    Mazio
    ✭✭✭
    With the current slew of random nerfs, backwards balance passes and seemingly conflicting interests in their overall goals for the combat balance changes.... I really, REALLY hope they forget about vampire for a while.
    Update 35- No Fun Allowed
  • Meredy
    Meredy
    ✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    The changes made in the PTR won't suddenly make Vampires viable. We need a complete rework, firstly the feel of being a vampire should be enhanced, right now you just maintain a certain stage and feed once every some hours, preferably there should be a 'blood spending' system for combat (with combat feeding?) but I can't see that happening. The vampire spammable, while boring, should have been ranged at least. Some kind of slight penalty while out in the sun, just for the hell of it. Like, you can remove the HP regen penalty from stages and make it be while under sunlight, that would help vampire survivability slightly, sometimes. Also, mesmerize COULD be useful, but it's too damn hard to hit anything with it. Vampire Drain is a joke ability, unless you buff it massively or change it altogether.

Ultimate doesn't only look bad but it's extremely underwhelming, the only thing nowadays that people use (in PvP at least) is that damnable passive 'undeath'. Vampirism, as it stands, is a free weakness in almost every other scenario.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Pretty please :(

are you kidding me they just got a rework in Greymoor.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meredy wrote: »
    are you kidding me they just got a rework in Greymoor.
    Doesn't matter. The rework was a huge miss in nearly every way possible. The only nice thing about it was the feeding animations.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom I see we are getting some new animations finally, that's awesome. At the very least it would be nice to get an updated animation for the vampire spammable Eviscerate, it would be nice if the ability was ranged too, but I don't see that happening.
    Edited by Shagreth on July 13, 2022 7:20PM