Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please don't forget about Vampires

• Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not even a complete picture of a Scion, that is when they did not even have teeth added, also the horn size is obviously there, look where the Vampire Lords head is positioned in the picture and how it's horns end right at the top of the image where as the Scions head is placed about a centimeter lower in the image and yet its horns do not even fit completely in frame.
    I see, the horns indeed seem slightly bigger, as for the teeth -- it's not a prominent feature for me to matter, what bothers me mostly is the lack of wings, I just prefer the VL model. Agree to disagree.

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello!

I disagree with a few of your points OP about the ultimate and Drain, but I do agree with Mesmerize.

I keep suggesting it but if they made the stun effect everyone in the AoE, and then it becomes unblockable if the target is looking at you, would be a pretty nice change tbh. Keeps the thematic looking at you rule, but makes it more reliable and able to be used against fleeing foes while also making you want to get in front of a blocking target so the stun would land.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Hello!

I disagree with a few of your points OP about the ultimate and Drain, but I do agree with Mesmerize.

I keep suggesting it but if they made the stun effect everyone in the AoE, and then it becomes unblockable if the target is looking at you, would be a pretty nice change tbh. Keeps the thematic looking at you rule, but makes it more reliable and able to be used against fleeing foes while also making you want to get in front of a blocking target so the stun would land.
    It's either delete or turn into an execute at this point for the drain. xD On a more serious note, yeah, mesmerize change sounds awesome, still won't help vampires in PvE, but I can see it being used a LOT in PvP.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood scion form's look is fine imo. Would look better as an ESO vampire lord though. (Not the skyrim version.)

Werewolf and vampire both definitely need something. Being able to extend vampire ult duration in perfect scion form would be great.
    Edited by Ryuvain on May 3, 2022 11:38PM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    Blood scion form's look is fine imo. Would look better as an ESO vampire lord though. (Not the skyrim version.)

Werewolf and vampire both definitely need something. Being able to extend vampire ult duration in perfect scion form would be great.
    I mean, there are more pressing matters when it comes to vampirism -- but yeah, perfect scion is a morph that no-one uses, it's completely useless.
    Edited by Shagreth on May 4, 2022 2:07PM
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS should either look as a serious rework of both lines or just release a skin/polymorph for them and let us RP without taking unnecessary hits for minimal gain.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    sinnereso wrote: »
    TBH ive givin this SOME thought but maybe not as much as other have... I think theres too many class skills. Im wondering if maybe it would be better going more like companions with 3 per tree so to be easier to make each class special and not reskins of the same abilities.

Id like to see EACH class unique and desired for groups NO QUESTION like other games like everquest and wow etc, but also have the openess of playing how you want as well.

I think less class skills would result in homogenizing the classes even more, now that would make more Weapon & Guild skills in every build making the setups more samey that ever before.

I think the larger issue is unique buffs, Something that makes Necro really valuable is access to Major Vuln, which is still only found on Necro. I think every class should have access to a unique Major Buff, Like Warden getting Major Brittle (Nudge Nudge Zos). I'm sure there can be things that other classes can provide as well, but that's an Idea.

Well thats sorta my point but your looking at it from a purely numbers perspective... Im thinking theres really only soo many things you can do with abilities before they start overlapping and reskinning the same crap over n over. IMO to make each class truely very different we need less total class abilities i think
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two years, after Greymoor, of constant requests for change/balance of vampirism is a sign of successful rework, in my opinion =) Almost all problems of new vampirism and all requests were brought to ZOS at Greymoor beta test two years ago... and they ignored it, as they always do, but at the time of Greymoor beta test i were naive.

Here is my Point of view on vampire skills, mechanics and stages of vampirism, which i wrote 2 years ago based on my opinion and players ideas from PTS forums. I bring this link in topics like this for two years already, because it contains all my thoughts about vampirism, vampire skills and visuals. If someone interested in vampire theme it can be interesting read for them.
  • Captain_OP
    Captain_OP
    ✭✭✭
    XomRhoK wrote: »
    Two years, after Greymoor, of constant requests for change/balance of vampirism is a sign of successful rework, in my opinion =) Almost all problems of new vampirism and all requests were brought to ZOS at Greymoor beta test two years ago... and they ignored it, as they always do, but at the time of Greymoor beta test i were naive.

Here is my Point of view on vampire skills, mechanics and stages of vampirism, which i wrote 2 years ago based on my opinion and players ideas from PTS forums. I bring this link in topics like this for two years already, because it contains all my thoughts about vampirism, vampire skills and visuals. If someone interested in vampire theme it can be interesting read for them.

Nice one, i add my Vampire 3.0to the list.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because of this Post, I've gone and made a Vampire. I haven't had a Vampire in a long time. Wish me luck
    Edited by Mr_Stach on May 5, 2022 5:52PM
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some very nice ideas in there, balancing some of those might be tough, but still. And it's the same with every big company, they only change stuff drastically when the [snip] hits the fan and things get a lot of attention. Not that many speak up about vampirism. I have been around and I can tell you 9 out of 10 people that care for vampirism just have it for the looks, the rest have it for the mandatory undeath passive.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 8, 2022 5:30PM
  • Captain_OP
    Captain_OP
    ✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »

Some very nice ideas in there, balancing some of those might be tough, but still. And it's the same with every big company, they only change stuff drastically when the [snip] hits the fan and things get a lot of attention. Not that many speak up about vamirism. I have been around and I can tell you 9 out of 10 people that care for vampirism just have it for the looks, the rest have it for the mandatory undeath passive.

*Joke* Well then we need a big streamer that gets upset by the vampire design and desinstall the game.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 8, 2022 5:31PM
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain_OP wrote: »
    *Joke* Well then we need a big streamer that gets upset by the vampire design and desinstall the game.
    lmao, where's an edgy goth Asmongold when you need one..
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well all the Warden Streamers quit, so now no Warden Fixes.

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of this Post, I've gone and made a Vampire. I haven't had a Vampire in a long time. Wish me luck

Quick head's up.

Try out Blood for Blood + Pale Order Ring or an ability that heals over time like Burning Embers.

Sated Fury for PvE stuff as the quick little full heal is pretty nice unless you want 100 more spell and weapon damage then go Simmering Frenzy.

Elusive Mist as a repositioning tool preferably with stage 2+. Don't stay longer in it than 1 second while in PvE, but PvP it's fine.

Swarming Scion as a back bar ultimate.

Exhilarating Drain if you need lots of ultimate. Better with a Decisive weapon and a lot of healing received buffs.
    Drain Vigor scales with healing done and healing received so it's the much stronger healing morph, but the game never tells you this and I had to figure that one out. On paper it looks like it only has you restore 10% missing stamina.

Mesmerize for Harrowstorms.... and.... um.... that's kinda it. I'd still have it on hand for merchants, but it's something you slot and unslot. Would not recommend for anything serious.

Stay stages 3-4. 3 if you can't live without health regeneration, and stage 4 for the stamina efficiency while sprinting and the on demand invisibility. Can cheese so much content with invisibility sprint.
  • Captain_OP
    Captain_OP
    ✭✭✭

Quick head's up.

Try out Blood for Blood + Pale Order Ring or an ability that heals over time like Burning Embers.

Sated Fury for PvE stuff as the quick little full heal is pretty nice unless you want 100 more spell and weapon damage then go Simmering Frenzy.

Elusive Mist as a repositioning tool preferably with stage 2+. Don't stay longer in it than 1 second while in PvE, but PvP it's fine.

Exhilarating Drain if you need lots of ultimate. Better with a Decisive weapon and a lot of healing received buffs.
    Drain Vigor scales with healing done and healing received so it's the much stronger healing morph, but the game never tells you this and I had to figure that one out. On paper it looks like it only has you restore 10% missing stamina.

Mesmerize for Harrowstorms.... and.... um.... that's kinda it. I'd still have it on hand for merchants, but it's something you slot and unslot. Would not recommend for anything serious.

Stay stages 3-4. 3 if you can't live without health regeneration, and stage 4 for the stamina efficiency while sprinting and the on demand invisibility. Can cheese so much content with invisibility sprint.

As a nightblade Sated Fury is useless, because relentliss focus give you the same amount of weapon and spell damage, but without a draw back. BfB would be still cool, but since you cant get healed it is useless in group content. I ll go with the other Morph, when Oakensoul hits life server for my one-bar fun build.

I know it is outdated, but for some that might be interested here is the build i use:
    xadia51k4c1j.png
    Edited by Captain_OP on May 6, 2022 9:27AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain_OP wrote: »

Quick head's up.

As a nightblade Sated Fury is useless, because relentliss focus give you the same amount of weapon and spell damage, but without a draw back. BfB would be still cool, but since you cant get healed it is useless in group content. I ll go with the other Morph, when Oakensoul hits life server for my one-bar fun build.

I know it is outdated, but for some that might be interested here is the build i use:
    xadia51k4c1j.png

Yeah, Blood for Blood is pretty difficult to use in group content, but certain classes can pull it off alright. ZOS reduced the timer from 5 seconds to 3 on the healing lock out so you can get the healer buffs after going through a couple buffs and stuff before using it again.

I use BfB because it deals the most damage of the two morphs and is very lax on the resource pool. The change to Burning Embers helps, and the Dragonknight's melee range boost on top makes them incredibly good vampires. Everyone keeps thinking Nightblades or Necromancers make the best vampires, but that isn't necessarily the case. <.<
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another update to the PTS, nothing about vampires. Not that I expected to see anything major at this point. One can hope they will do something about the skill line throughout the lifespan of High Isle.
  • Gorrdained
    Vampire ultimate should be somewhat sustainable how the werewolf ultimate is. Rework the ultimate. why not be able to maintain Scion form how you can with pack leader.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorrdained wrote: »
    Vampire ultimate should be somewhat sustainable how the werewolf ultimate is. Rework the ultimate. why not be able to maintain Scion form how you can with pack leader.

Id like to see something like this too maybe even combined with frenzy.
  • Xinihp
    Xinihp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, if I could have you change ONLY one thing about vampire it would be this:

When you changed Mist Form you effectively took away one of our only kit abilities in PVE, akin to removing Werewolf heal. Vampire has always lacked a decent AOE ability. So, here is the compromise I propose:

Make the damage morph of this ability work as a TOGGLE instead of a channel when in PVE. Have it drain mana while active, and do AOE damage/healing around you while toggled, allowing you to do other things while it is active.

I feel this one change would be a major step to bringing the vampire toolkit more in-line with the power and functionality of WW.

Thanks!
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    They need to nerf undeath and blood for blood and strike from shadowXD. But seriusly vamp has gotten niche lately like just get rid of the increased non vamp skill cost it seems to be there to encourage use of vamp skills but everytime they get into a meta build it seems to get removed from pve (mist form for me kinds seems like saying this skill is not intended to be used in non solo content beyond pvp and i dont see how it ever would been a good disengage then it slows you stunts your sustain eat magicka like)
    Edited by Lailaamell on May 24, 2022 12:06PM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I gave a pretty good idea on how to fix mist form, make it not grant any damage reduction, instead it grants a massive speed boost, one morph can grant you major protection st least, the other can keep the blood mist health drain.

Mist Form

Transform into a dark mist granting immunity to snares and immoblizations and increasing movement speed by 50%

morph 1

Grants Major Protection

morph 2

Siphons health from nearbye enemies

The purpose of the ability would be to dodge attacks and make distance between you and your enemy.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on May 24, 2022 2:13PM
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorrdained wrote: »
    I'd like that. Adding some kind of combat feeding was one of the ideas I had before, even if it's just for the ultimate. Some kind of feeding animation would be nice but I don't think that it will ever happen. I'd still like them to fix the feeding system in general, to encourage feeding more often, stalking people in towns etc. I don't care if we have to micro-manage, that's how it should be, this should filter out people that don't really want to be vampires. Imagine you get weaker as time goes by (speed penalty?) and drinking blood is what removes said debuffs and makes you stronger.

Edited by Shagreth on May 24, 2022 5:41PM
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lailaamell wrote: »
    They need to nerf undeath and blood for blood and strike from shadowXD. But seriusly vamp has gotten niche lately like just get rid of the increased non vamp skill cost it seems to be there to encourage use of vamp skills but everytime they get into a meta build it seems to get removed from pve (mist form for me kinds seems like saying this skill is not intended to be used in non solo content beyond pvp and i dont see how it ever would been a good disengage then it slows you stunts your sustain eat magicka like)
    Also, are you seriously asking for them to nerf blood for blood and strike from shadows?! Not being able to get healed AND having to be in melee range is more than enough. Undeath on the other hand, yes, it's OP.

As for Mist Form, I would remove it from the game completely. Instead, I would replace roll dodge with a vampiric dash (be it bats or mist) though I have no clue on how they could balance it and what would be special about it other than the visuals.
    Edited by Shagreth on May 24, 2022 7:01PM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    i liked vampire lord in skyrim but not in here, some passives are useful but other then that vamp is not fun, in Skyrim vamp lord worked like Werewolf what was cool also its look was cool

Vamp lord should get a DLC where he also governs a area so u have sys like Dragon age origins wardens keep and dragon age inquisition sys where u half to make choices and also half to be the judge at times and if u chose also executioner, this should have been the end result of the Vamp DLC to begin with

and wamp skills are weak souse, and they should have melee and caster trees so caster can chose long range caster skill, cause with my casters i avoid close range and not trying to get close, it would make vamp better for both stam and magic classes if it had trees for each

i haven't played it for a while sins got bored sins the class skill trees are bit boring so limited skills compare to spells in morrowind oblivion and skyrim

we should have more wide option of skills not skill tree, like sorcerer should have as many spells as in single player games and option to create their own spells

like in morrowind dot lighting was like small lighting storm loud was above enemy that shot lightning also cool spells like skyrim lighting storm and fire storm, skills like that can be implanted in to mmorpg, i have seen skills ferry similar in other mmorpg videos

also i have a ide to add kills that u can only get by finishing certain story example a DLC story has skills of a main char who was leading the operation who u assisted and he teaches u hes skills, if hes warrior they can be used with 1h and 2h weapons and are mostly superior

and overall unique skills and spells u get from certain quests while DCL give hole skill tree, Psy order is close to it but not as fun despite some skills there being useful

this above are are major reasons why i got bored

new secondary reasons

game really need to improve combat PVE gets boring and same with PVP when ppl with boring builds normal attach + finisher (mostly DK's) can solo take down a group with normal build's that's 1example, its boring to spam just 1 or 2 skill, game needs to become more skill paste

BDW when i say skill paste i mean normal attacks become irrelevant total SH, i know ppl who like this easy boring build will hate me 😆 cause this would end their easy rain in PVP and then PVP becomes more equal and also dependent more of ur own skill and tactics

i am sure i get back to it eventually when i have nothing better to do but for new i don't feel like it

@ZOS_GinaBruno PLZ make it more fun and fix this issues
    Edited by Sugram22 on June 29, 2022 1:37PM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am healer , I will kick anyone who run the skills cannot be healed or you use pale .

Not your fault , blame the developers .
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully there's going to be a rework in the new update. Heh, yeah, right.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Hopefully there's going to be a rework in the new update. Heh, yeah, right.
    Yes, Shagreth, you guessed it.

Seriously, I hope they take a look in this and all the other threads with the endless complaints about vampires. The whole experience needs a rework, please give it to us, at least acknowledge that it needs a look.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You look at what they are currently doing to Balance and you want them to touch Vampires?
    You are very brave.