The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming PC NA Datacenter Hardware Replacement

• WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was the magical fix to pvp! NJ Zos, Skill delay is gone in Grayhost!

I am quite happy that people get to play PvP
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

Yes! It's really great for those for whom it is working so much better - though I do see that not everyone is finding that to be the case.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    WiseSky wrote: »

Yes! It's really great for those for whom it is working so much better - though I do see that not everyone is finding that to be the case.

I find little improvement but I'm pleased I'm in the minority there.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say... AWESOME JOB on server upgrades! Cyrodiil performance now is amazing finally after 8yrs!! Dont change anything its perfect :)
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know when the EU servers datacentre will be replaced ?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

They are waiting on parts. The pandemic caused a shortage of parts in the computer industry.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zuboko wrote: »

They are waiting on parts. The pandemic caused a shortage of parts in the computer industry.

Well I hope they at least placed their order, because Dell just raised their server prices by up to 25% effective in a few days. I am sure the other manufacturers will follow if they haven't already. Cisco hasn't stopped raising prices either.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »
    Zuboko wrote: »

Well I hope they at least placed their order, because Dell just raised their server prices by up to 25% effective in a few days. I am sure the other manufacturers will follow if they haven't already. Cisco hasn't stopped raising prices either.

Considering they were planning on doing this last year, I would assume, yes they have placed the order and they are likely just on back order.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, @Zuboko and @Gaeliannas :)

I'm hoping that this upgrade, combined with the fact that I just received my new gaming PC, will at least improve the fps for my ESO gaming. I'm from Australia, and typically have about 80 fps and 400 ping. There's not a lot I can do about the latter, though.
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm from Australia, and typically have about 80 fps and 400 ping. There's not a lot I can do about the latter, though.
    You could try a VPN. They can help if some of your lag is caused by bad routing by ZoS (for DDoS protection).

I'm from Asia and my ping hovers around 320. A VPN drops it to around 200.
    Edited by LashanW on May 7, 2022 5:14AM
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LashanW wrote: »
    I'm from Australia, and typically have about 80 fps and 400 ping. There's not a lot I can do about the latter, though.
    You could try a VPN. They can help if some of your lag is caused by bad routing by ZoS (for DDoS protection).

I'm from Asia and my ping hovers around 320. A VPN drops it to around 200.
    Thanks! :) That's a great idea: if I could have tagged your post with Insightful, Agree and Awesome all together, I would have, LOL.

I'll definitely give it a try. I have Proton Mail Pro, which includes a VPN, so I have plenty of VPN options, I can just try various servers until I find the best one.
    Edited by vsrs_au on May 7, 2022 5:18AM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, @Zuboko and @Gaeliannas :)

I'm hoping that this upgrade, combined with the fact that I just received my new gaming PC, will at least improve the fps for my ESO gaming. I'm from Australia, and typically have about 80 fps and 400 ping. There's not a lot I can do about the latter, though.

I heard good stuff about EXIT LAG for ping
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    Ping and FPS capture at various times... We can notice an improvement of the playing conditions, it is undeniable...

As soon as you arrive on a map, in the Imperial City, farming in Craglorn, in combat... I mean almost everywhere, and in the morning around 8.30am knowing that a lot of players are on the game at that time but not only at that time. Other times of the day are almost unplayable.

Ping and FPS capture at various times... We can notice an improvement of the playing conditions, it is undeniable...

bar4.png

km8o.png

4q2r.png

Edited by NicGroover on May 8, 2022 8:55AM
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NicGroover wrote: »

As soon as you arrive on a map, in the Imperial City, farming in Craglorn, in combat... I mean almost everywhere, and in the morning around 8.30am knowing that a lot of players are on the game at that time but not only at that time. Other times of the day are almost unplayable.

bar4.png

km8o.png

4q2r.png

Yes, but that's PC EU (I recognise the names).

PC EU is just unacceptable. Crashing, lagging, turn by turn, ping, fps drops...
    This patch has been the worst to date...or has it? (Our memory is kind these days)

It's pack up shop times if nothing is done soon (And that's from a addicted ESO player, so words speak)
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on May 8, 2022 4:54PM
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardware from 2012 is outrageous to be honest.. are you people kidding?
    Would you consider a phone, or laptop from 2012?

Here we are wasting our time trying to come up with all sorts of creative ways to squeeze out tiny improvements, yet all along the action was to replace ancient parts.

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am afraid to even ask but... what year is EU server infrastructure from ? Because something tells me that it may not even be 2012 O_o
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 12, 2022 7:36AM
  • folko
    folko
    ✭✭
    I am afraid to even ask but... what year is EU server infrastructure from ? Because something tells me that it may not even be 2012 O_o

Probs some prototype server from 1990's or something.
    Everything feels like Cyrodiil in terms of lag.
    Nothing should feel like Cyrodiil in terms of lag.
    PC EU servers cause me physical and psychological pain.
    Cyrodiil is a whole 'nother beast..
    Having to spam 1 skill for 10 times before getting it to fire is... Infuriating.

We're in 2022 damn it, why does it feel like I'm playing on some cracked minecraft server.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Per history... It was built after the game went live, so it is younger than PC NA. I would imagine that the PC EU is a clone of the PC NA. Same vintage of hardware, is what I would expect.

PTS may have been older than them all.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • folko
    folko
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Per history... It was built after the game went live, so it is younger than PC NA. I would imagine that the PC EU is a clone of the PC NA. Same vintage of hardware, is what I would expect.

PTS may have been older than them all.

I seriously hope ZOS will finally fix the whole performance issue soon.

The game is great fun when it plays, but when it takes 5 seconds for a single skill to fire, a story segment that should take roughly 5 minutes to complete suddenly becomes 20. It's ridiculous, unfun and very very infuriating.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have an update on the EU refresh?

Thanks.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have an update on the EU refresh?

Thanks.

Just that sourcing hardware continues...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7631744/#Comment_7631744
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus