Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 34 Combat Preview

• chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    so when will full pts notes drop?
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    If CP slottables are being nerfed, and more are being added, it's time for an increase from 4 to 5 slottables. The feeling of not being able to slot all the power you've earned is just horrible. I still hate this change. The pain is worse every time stars get nerfed and new stars get added, so we have to give up even more.

^ THIS. :s
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    The article listed 5/6 class spell changes except dks....Does it mean the current 'god_like" class will keep secrets untill final patch notes...Hopefully no strikes to dks ...

TBH I would like see some love to NBs they are not good in PVE
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chongguang wrote: »
    The article listed 5/6 class spell changes except dks....Does it mean the current 'god_like" class will keep secrets untill final patch notes...Hopefully no strikes to dks ...

TBH I would like see some love to NBs they are not good in PVE

Your thoughts on NBs are interesting... even though when you look at almost every 2022 guide they rate NB's, both Stamina and Magicka close to the top, if not at the top.

As for DK... for YEARS they were at the bottom... for everything... so it's nice to see them finally get some time in the light. I think most people complaining about DK's and Templars are those who for so long dominated them in PVP... and now they can't... so they're upset. Yet, the reality is... shoe is on the other foot now, so they get to experience exactly what DK's and Templars experienced for years.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

As for DK... for YEARS they were at the bottom... for everything...

Except being the best tanks

• Falcon_of_light
    Falcon_of_light
    ✭✭✭
    Dk needs HUGE nerf to be even with other classes.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    Mortal Coil and Mystic Siphon: These morphs will increase your Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery by up to 150 while active, rather than restoring up to 1260 Stamina or Magicka over their durations.

While this is fine for Mystic Siphon, Mortal Coil not restoring stamina sound bad for necro tanks. Also, both gonna do the same thing? That's boring.

Yeah, this is going to wreck necro tank sustain... to the point that I don't even know how to address stamina sustain on the class if this is removed.

Yep. The entire point was a source of stamina recovery while blocking. Going to regen means it is useless.

The recovery values need to be quadrupled to be useful. Recovery is every 2 seconds, so this is a 50% nerf.

Juicy Garbage change.

Overload gets a whopping 8 more magicka returned? Is that even worth the effort, or the risk of breaking something while making the change?

Meanwhile zero changes to DK sustain?
    Edited by katorga on April 18, 2022 3:55PM
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did say they'll buff other skill rather than nerf so don't expect DK/templar nerf
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Ambush will get empower for 10 seconds up from 3!
    It is a major change for me.
    You need to do same for all other skills granting empower as well!
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dk needs HUGE nerf to be even with other classes.

And they just get a boost last patch 🤣
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭

I am waiting for it
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how DK was last in class for YEARS, and they finally get a buff and not even a month goes by without people complaining. So for years they could easily beat DKs and now they can't, time to complain. Yet, I doubt they were championing DKs ever getting a buff during that same time.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Overload

Energy Overload (morph): This morph now restores up to 1200 Magicka and Stamina, rather than up to 1192 Magicka. The restore now happens any time you use the Light or Heavy Attacks, rather than only when they deal damage."

The restore even if overload misses is a nice touch.

• NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cast_El wrote: »

I am waiting for it
    The wait is OVER... https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/603045/pts-patch-notes-v8-0-0

Let the forum rage---err i mean--feedback begin! ;)
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    Cast_El wrote: »

I am waiting for it
    The wait is OVER... https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/603045/pts-patch-notes-v8-0-0

Let the forum rage---err i mean--feedback begin! ;)

You are my hero. Thanks so much for reminding this honestly!
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assassination
    Mark Target
    Piercing Mark (morph):
    Fixed an issue where the heal from this morph was lower than the base ability.
    Increased the duration of the effects to 60 seconds at rank IV, up from 30.

Teleport Strike
    Ambush (morph):
    Increased the duration of Empower granted from this morph to 10 seconds, up from 3.
    This morph now also grants Minor Berserk for its duration.

Shadow
    Path of Darkness
    Refreshing Path (morph): This morph now also grants Minor Endurance and Intellect for 4 seconds each tick.

Veiled Strike
    Surprise Attack (morph): Fixed an issue where this morph had no upgrades as it ranked up. It will now deal 1.1% more damage per rank.

Siphoning
    Drain Power: Increased the duration of Major Brutality and Sorcery granted from this ability and its morphs to 30 seconds, up from 20, to make up for the fact that they require a target to gain these effects.
    Power Extraction (morph): This morph now also grants the caster Minor Courage for 30 seconds upon dealing damage.

Soul Shred:
    Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could ignore line of sight in some cases.
    Fixed numerous issues where the damage or healing from these abilities could use the wrong stats to scale.

I am extremely disappointed in the changes they've made to Nightblade.
    After patchnote, Nightblade is the worst class in PvP.
    I am in despair and crying. no power, no future ...

[Nightblade's wish]
    Need change Drain Power's Major Brutality and Major Sorcery to Siphoning Strikes.
    I want move Major Sorcery and Brutality to Siphoning Strikes.
    I strongly wish that it will be that way.

Need add Major Savagery and Prophecy to Nightblade class skills.
    I don't want to use Expert Hunter or Magelight.
    Nightblade needs free space in the skill slot.

ZoS, please listen to Nightblade's voice.
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Assassination
    Mark Target
    Piercing Mark (morph):

Teleport Strike
    Ambush (morph):
    Increased the duration of Empower granted from this morph to 10 seconds, up from 3.

Shadow
    Path of Darkness
    Refreshing Path (morph): This morph now also grants Minor Endurance and Intellect for 4 seconds each tick.

Veiled Strike
    Surprise Attack (morph): Fixed an issue where this morph had no upgrades as it ranked up. It will now deal 1.1% more damage per rank.

Siphoning
    Drain Power: Increased the duration of Major Brutality and Sorcery granted from this ability and its morphs to 30 seconds, up from 20, to make up for the fact that they require a target to gain these effects.
    Power Extraction (morph): This morph now also grants the caster Minor Courage for 30 seconds upon dealing damage.

Soul Shred:
    Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could ignore line of sight in some cases.
    Fixed numerous issues where the damage or healing from these abilities could use the wrong stats to scale.

[Nightblade's wish]
    Need change Drain Power's Major Brutality and Major Sorcery to Siphoning Strikes.

Nb does not need major savagery, use cloak and next skill is Always critical. Just use it wisely for offense and defense.

Ex: cloak + ulti (behind or flank for max damage)
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hescrow wrote: »
    Assassination
    Mark Target
    Piercing Mark (morph):

Teleport Strike
    Ambush (morph):

Shadow
    Path of Darkness

Veiled Strike

Siphoning

Soul Shred:

[Nightblade's wish]

Nb does not need major savagery, use cloak and next skill is Always critical. Just use it wisely for offense and defense.

I'm talking about PvP.
    You should be able to understand why Major Savagery and Prophecy are important without me explaining.
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Hescrow wrote: »
    Assassination
    Mark Target
    Piercing Mark (morph):

Teleport Strike
    Ambush (morph):

Shadow
    Path of Darkness

Veiled Strike

Siphoning

Soul Shred:

[Nightblade's wish]

I'm talking about PvP.
    You should be able to understand why Major Savagery and Prophecy are important without me explaining.

Yes I am talking about PvP.
  • vengefulpinecone
    vengefulpinecone
    Soul Shriven
    Regarding PvP - I don’t see the reason to nerf Templar and DK like a few people are asking for. The changes to them over the last few patches have their classes really shinning and I think that should be the goal for all of the classes. Nerfing classes that seem OP but are really just functioning properly is a step backward. With some love to the other classes, DK and Templar would feel more balanced.

Additionally, I think it’s worth mentioning that highly skilled players will still wreck most people regardless of the class they’re playing. I’m not getting destroyed by trash players on Templars and DKs but a really good player on one? Of course.
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Regarding PvP - I don’t see the reason to nerf Templar and DK like a few people are asking for. The changes to them over the last few patches have their classes really shinning and I think that should be the goal for all of the classes. Nerfing classes that seem OP but are really just functioning properly is a step backward. With some love to the other classes, DK and Templar would feel more balanced.

Additionally, I think it’s worth mentioning that highly skilled players will still wreck most people regardless of the class they’re playing. I’m not getting destroyed by trash players on Templars and DKs but a really good player on one? Of course.

I agree make all classes op would be good and balanced and fun.
    Nevertheless so far unexperienced templars and dk but with minimum skill Can destroy a difficult class to master Aka stamsorc in melee.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [INSERT SYNDROME MEME: WHEN EVERYONE IS SUPER, NO ONE WILL BE]

If they could one day reach a magical balance where everything is comparable and fun, there wouldn't be outliers, the idea of op goes away.

But Zos loves to fiddle with things a little too much, like nerfing Arctic Blast to the point that the Stop Time skill is a better stun.

My suggestion is simple, make bad thing good, don't touch good thing.

Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can you add empower buff to crystal weapon for same duration ?
  • Falcon_of_light
    Falcon_of_light
    ✭✭✭
    make teleport strike cast time instant, otherwise its useless both pvp and pve... Literally its WORST gapcloser in the game, its just doesnt work most f the time...
  • lonnml
    lonnml
    ✭✭✭
    Magden needs buffs, not nerfs. Arctic blasts is hard as it is to land properly. NOBODY uses frozen gate besides a few tanks (to which DK and their leashes are still WAY better)

Where is our offensive stun???

The bear ultimate is so terrible. The fact that we have to slot it on both bars and it has an “execute” that is supposedly instant but doesn’t land is terrible. Magden’s have no execute and no stun. Such an identity-less class to play
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So in PvE, Bear is great and does a huge amount of damage. It's fine.

Bear in PvP is not good, but that's fine because the PvE damage is good.

Granted not having a class stun that is useful feels really bad, definitely needs to be looked at

• keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    @inDeviation makes a brilliant suggestion, imo, regarding the current supposed "zerg-buster sets.

Have a look:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/605383/vicious-death-and-sets-such-as-being-used-by-ball-groups#latest
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Medieval3D
    Medieval3D
    ✭✭✭
    Hi!, please fix first person heavy shot animation fro bow. The heavy shot animation the aim is vertical and then in release arrow changes drastically to horizontal, is like the bow slips from the shoter. Some long time ago the heavy shot animation was vertical, the aim and the release, then for some reason changed, I think is awful for immersion, like the shoter has a really clumsy weird style to shot :/ . My respects, please consider it, regards :)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/601117/suggestion-fix-first-person-heavy-shoot-animation-bow-animation-for-immersion-sake#latest

890b5b0uhnmd.gif
    Medieval
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update 34 is going to be a new low for Magicka Warden in PvP. the Arctic Blast change is terrible and a Months worth of Feedback on it was ignored or at least was not addressed in any manner.

Hopefully there are some changes down the road, but this is gonna suck Either Way.

• Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also while we're talking and not really being heard (as far as I can tell), should really consider adding diminishing returns on heals depending on your group size. And maybe capping the number of HoTs that can be active on a single person.

You know, it's the little things that help the most sometimes.