The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What would make you buy a bunch of Crowns?

• Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - "Play without lags for an hour" scrolls
    - "Get out of combat" scrolls
    - flying mounts
    - ability to mark a place on the map, and my char/mount will go there, while i get a drink
    - more inventory space
    - crafting bag for treasure maps, surveys, masterwrits, motifs, blueprints...
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    -Class change token.
    -Writ board and drop off place furnitre for houses.
    -Proper Gryphon mount.
    -High Elf houseguest.
    -Medium size house in Summerset.
    -Flower themed arm pack.
    -Flower themed mounts.
    -Literally anything with flowers.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group mount all the way
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    id buy crowns if there was a item that removed bugs and pvp lag other than that nothing to be honest
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ixthUA wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »
    ixthUA wrote: »
    If crown shop had sales, like other publishers do (steam/origin/ubisoft), i would be regularly buying content from it, during sales. I dont buy games/content at full price or 20% off.
    So far, playing since 2017, i only bought DLC zones and some dungeons where i needed armor sets, not going to spend more, the way prices are.

Zenimax has sales. They put the crowns themselves on sale which is better as it gives us more control as to when we spend those crowns. Also, 40% off is better than 20% you are speaking of.

Further, there are ways to get the next chapter on sale and some of the DLCs have gone on sale making the discount even that much greater than 20% (for the DLCs).

For people for whom discounts matter, prices in ESO stores are 20% off. I cannot afford the biggest pack with 40% discount. For example in steam i can buy games and content at 70, 80, 90% off. Waiting 6 months for 20% crown sale, then another 6 months for 20% DLC sale? No thanks, i will just buy the bare minimum.

And that is fine. Though I would suggest the cost for a game and the cost for crowns are not really relatable. Crowns are more for cosmetic features whereas a game purchase is for actually playing the game. I do not buy crowns because I could care less about shiny objects that do nothing for my gameplay.

The only thing about crowns that are useful for gameplay is those who buy DLCs as they can buy the crowns on sale which give them that discount on the DLC. It does not require many crowns as DLCs are not that expensive.

• ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    When I finally hit my Legerdemain skill line, I will have to level up all my other characters. I'm really angry about this btw. Money grab.
    Xbox X- NA
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can honestly say in all my years of playing I have never put any points in legerdemain. I would but crowns for a dwemer guar. Or another dwemer camel.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More famous NPC house guests *cough Fennorian*

Hair color pack

More hair styles that we see on NPCs

Costumes seen on NPCs

Combat pet skins (wolf to replace my bear, atronachs for the sorc pets)

Personalities

Additional storage chests

Past items to cycle in more frequently for times when I didn't have the funds to buy anything

All of the above NOT in crown crates!

HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Canperial35
    Canperial35
    ✭✭✭
    -Class change token.
    -Writ board and drop off place furnitre for houses.
    -Proper Gryphon mount.
    -High Elf houseguest.
    -Medium size house in Summerset.
    -Flower themed arm pack.
    -Flower themed mounts.
    -Literally anything with flowers.

Medium size house in Summerset.. That would be reaaally nice.
  • HeavyESO
    HeavyESO
    ✭✭✭
    If they fix latency (especially PvP) in the next 10 months and the 2023 chapter is great and adds a cool new feature, I'll buy £1000 worth of crowns. Bookmark this Gina.
  • Nightlord
    Nightlord
    ✭✭✭
    Serana's outfit from TESV Skyrim: Dawnguard.
    Her vampire eyes too.
    A special skin to make scion ultimates look like a Vampire Lord.
    A Vampiric death hound skin styled Durzog mount because I think that would look crazy cool.
    Static "NPCs" that are traditional furnishings, that aren't target dummies, so I can have the illusion of a populated notable home.
  • Cheyenne
    Cheyenne
    ✭✭✭
    1. Medium-size houses that aren't dirty or falling apart and flat plots of land to build on.
    2. More structural pieces to build from scratch.
    3. Lower the prices on everything.
    4. Start putting some decent mounts, hair styles, pets, and outfits in the store at reasonable prices instead of locking them behind crates.
    5. Combat pet skins.
    6. Hair color pack.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A beautiful new plot of land to build on.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I only buy crowns during crown sales when there is a significant discount (like 40 percent off).
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polys/Personalities
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Items that enhance my "master wizard" character fantasy.
    • Levitation Mount: Mounting causes the character to float a couple feet off the ground. You don't literally fly through the air, but you fly close to the ground at mount speed.
    • Levitation "Mystic" Personality: NPC mages have been floating around since game launch. See Eyevea for lots of examples.
    • Skill Skins: When Morrowind launched, we got a skin for the Warden's bear ultimate with the promise of more to come. I imagine this was hindered due to some technical issue, but if they ever sort it out, more options for skills and summons would be fantastic.
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    opaj wrote: »
    • Levitation Mount: Mounting causes the character to float a couple feet off the ground. You don't literally fly through the air, but you fly close to the ground at mount speed.

Ok BUT I'd kind of rather prefer to see specific, themed 'floating' mounts like
    • Witch's Broom Mount: Obviously sold during the Witches Festival
    • Alik'r Flying Carpet Mount: Hammerfell niiiiiiiiiiighst...
    • Telvanni Ceremonial Beetle Mount: From all the TES3 concept art that never made it in-game
    • Psijic Driftglobe Mount: I mean, their furniture all levitates so why not?

• Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luggage (storage) with hundreds of legs that follows you around. Probably not possible for copyright reasons
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok BUT I'd kind of rather prefer to see specific, themed 'floating' mounts like
    • Witch's Broom Mount: Obviously sold during the Witches Festival
    • Alik'r Flying Carpet Mount: Hammerfell niiiiiiiiiiighst...
    • Telvanni Ceremonial Beetle Mount: From all the TES3 concept art that never made it in-game
    • Psijic Driftglobe Mount: I mean, their furniture all levitates so why not?

That's fine BUT if I had to choose, I'd prefer the Levitation Spell mount because it has precedence from the previous games. A Levitation Spell mount would allow me to more closely recreate characters from Morrowind, for example.

Of course, I wouldn't be against these themed floating mounts, but they wouldn't make me buy a bunch of crowns.
  • theendoftheriver
    theendoftheriver
    ✭✭✭
    Extra guild slots
    Eric Dikkersun - Achernar - EZE - theendoftheriver - Orion Silvercuff
  • Avishag
    Avishag
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to have more tattoos, for my beautiful dark elf woman, because she only has One psijic tattoo that is visible on her skin!
    I would be happy for new fluorescent tattoos, with different colors 🤗
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - Option to hide all armor pieces,
    - Option to hide hip/crotch flaps (I know it's less likely to come),
    - Account wide outfit slots,
    - Banker/merchant cosmetic upgrades (I already got banker and merchant for their functionality, If I could reskin them for a lower price it would be great, I know, it's not likely they'll do that).
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    Alfiq armory assistant.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheS1X wrote: »
    Alfiq armory assistant.

to go along with this i would like a factotum decon assistant lol

i got the current decon assistant because its the only option, but i already know down the road im going to replace it when i get a factotum variant

really wish that they handled the "reskinned" assistants better too lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More hairstyle.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think skill and summon skins would be fantastic, and definitely something I would sink real money into. Imagine if you could reskin your sorc to be dwemer themed, with a dwemer automaton instead of a daedric clannfear?!

“I’d buy that for a dollar!”
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think skill and summon skins would be fantastic, and definitely something I would sink real money into. Imagine if you could reskin your sorc to be dwemer themed, with a dwemer automaton instead of a daedric clannfear?!

“I’d buy that for a dollar!”

you mean like that 1 single skin we have for the warden bear that came with morrowind release? lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Avishag
    Avishag
    ✭✭✭
    A working binacular/ telescope ❤
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill skins, pet skins...
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • harvey07
    harvey07
    ✭✭✭
    more pet skins would definitely get me spending crowns. also some new hairstyles and a way to hide/show each piece of gear separately.