The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What would make you buy a bunch of Crowns?

Caediebean
Caediebean
Soul Shriven
If Sweetwater Cascades was offered for sale again, I would buy at least enough crowns to cover that, and some extra to decorate it! hint hint
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pet skins or more unique customisation options.
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    Tel Galen

I'd drop money on it right now, along with furnishings and suitable wardrobe & pets to go along with it.

But given the rate the Crown Store seems to circulate things, I'll guess I'll just accumulate Crowns from the ESO+ subscription I'd have paid for anyway & get everything basically for free in the 1-2 years it will take for them to (hopefully) come up again :#
  • Timorelle
    Timorelle
    ✭✭✭
    Putting them on sale would. I just bought a bunch. :p

Seriously though, as far as something that would entice me to spend *full price* if I didn't have them (which is sounds like you were going for)... I'm gonna go with Xanmeer Manor.

I had high hopes for Seaveil Spire (I have an alt who reeeeeeally needs a house with an underwater view), but I just... didn't love it nearly as much as I'd hoped I would. I *almost* bought it anyway, until a guildie pointed out that Xanmeer Manor exists and also has an underwater view!

I checked it out, and I think I'm in love. I like Xanmeer Manor SO much more than Seaveil Spire. And it seems the last time Xanmeer Manor was available was like a month before I stared playing last year, which means it'll likely be at least ANOTHER full year before I have a chance to get it. Phooey!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they ever do anything that allows me to make all flappy flaps disappear from my view, I will buy a nice fat crown pack just as a thank you to the team for taking away the visual clutter.

Other than that, they would need to provide something for the crowns that I feel I need that also doesn't feel pay to win while at the same time being limited time purchase (so I can't just save my monthly ESO+ crowns) but not feeling like I'm being FOMO'ed. I'm not sure I've ever bought an actual crown pack, but I'm not their target audience. They get my $20 a month for the sub which usually works fine for me.
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Access to past items from the crown store would get me purchasing quite a few crowns - fear of missing out or no, running a store where 90% of your inventory isn't available doesn't make a lot of sense - and the majority of what is regularly available hasn't changed in literally years. Especially when you see things like the Grand Psijic Villa coming back yet again... when so many other homes get maybe 2 weeks every 2-3 years.

I like building new themed characters with matching homes, outfits, mounts, etc., it's a big part of how I enjoy this game, but ZOS makes doing that extremely difficult, and it's gotten to the point where even though I have all these great ideas, I just don't bother anymore because I can rarely act on them - it's frustrating and depressing.

To know you could be getting so much more out of a game, but your experiences are being arbitrarily limited due to poor management and greedy policies - that's not how players should be made to feel.

• ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If crown shop had sales, like other publishers do (steam/origin/ubisoft), i would be regularly buying content from it, during sales. I dont buy games/content at full price or 20% off.
    So far, playing since 2017, i only bought DLC zones and some dungeons where i needed armor sets, not going to spend more, the way prices are.
    Edited by ixthUA on April 14, 2022 3:50AM
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    guar guar :)
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me to buy Crowns: When they go on sale, like they are now.
    Edited by Easily_Lost on April 15, 2022 8:58AM
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me to buy Crowns: When they got sale, like they are now.

This.

I buy crowns everytime they're on sale, so I have the crowns when something I want appears on the crown store. When I'm out of crowns I wait for the next sale, never buy crowns at full price.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evymyu233 wrote: »
    guar guar :)

This person gets it.
    Edited by BloodyStigmata on April 14, 2022 12:46PM
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aside from sales? Not much. I try to hoard my ESO plus crowns and be cautious when spending them; usually its on big items and I try to avoid purchases on things I can earn in game if possible.

Only circumstance I could see myself buying crowns outside a sale would be a limited time sale situation with something I want after I had just made a recent big purchase.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would pay 50k crowns to fix the Twilight Matriarch quality of life issues.
    • 25k crowns for Twilight Matriarch to heal 3 players instead of 2
    • 15k crowns for Twilight Matriarch to ignore line of sight, similar to Life Giver
    • 10k crowns for Twilight Matriarch to have 30k health in PvP

Technically, this would be p2w but I would buy it. I have 1 character, a Mag Sorc Healer with almost 200 days played.

Additionally
    • 10k crowns to increase bag space from 210 to 300. I have to use Giladil the Ragpicker 3 to 4 times a day.
    • I would buy up to 20 storage chests. Currently we only have 8 and I've overflowed into my bank.
    PC NA
  • Tezzaa
    Tezzaa
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    • I would buy up to 20 storage chests. Currently we only have 8 and I've overflowed into my bank.

THIS! I would happily pay for more storage chests as I have housing items bursting at the seams in all chests and a guild bank. We definitely need more storage solutions.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pet skins

ie. Warden Bear, Sorc summons, and Nightblade Shade
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ixthUA wrote: »
    If crown shop had sales, like other publishers do (steam/origin/ubisoft), i would be regularly buying content from it, during sales. I dont buy games/content at full price or 20% off.
    So far, playing since 2017, i only bought DLC zones and some dungeons where i needed armor sets, not going to spend more, the way prices are.

Zenimax has sales. They put the crowns themselves on sale which is better as it gives us more control as to when we spend those crowns. Also, 40% off is better than 20% you are speaking of.

Further, there are ways to get the next chapter on sale and some of the DLCs have gone on sale making the discount even that much greater than 20% (for the DLCs).
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. A "Companion pack", which would include expanded interactions with companions, and customised outfits for companion houseguests.
    2. A premium dye pack, with a good selection of luminescent or opalescent dyes.
    3. Perhaps a Crown store event where all limited edition items are available for a short time? I suspect that would make me purchase a bunch of crowns...
    Tezzaa wrote: »
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

THIS! I would happily pay for more storage chests as I have housing items bursting at the seams in all chests and a guild bank. We definitely need more storage solutions.

I think we need new styles for the storage chests. I really need more storage, but I just can't bring myself to buy the ones available, they just don't look right in my houses.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    2. A premium dye pack, with a good selection of luminescent or opalescent dyes.

I would buy this.
    PC NA
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    ixthUA wrote: »

Zenimax has sales. They put the crowns themselves on sale which is better as it gives us more control as to when we spend those crowns. Also, 40% off is better than 20% you are speaking of.

Further, there are ways to get the next chapter on sale and some of the DLCs have gone on sale making the discount even that much greater than 20% (for the DLCs).

For people for whom discounts matter, prices in ESO stores are 20% off. I cannot afford the biggest pack with 40% discount. For example in steam i can buy games and content at 70, 80, 90% off. Waiting 6 months for 20% crown sale, then another 6 months for 20% DLC sale? No thanks, i will just buy the bare minimum.
  • Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    cosmetic bags and sacks and pouches and and and pocketed belts or something. Gimme!
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Class Change Token
    - Acceptable prices
    - Emotes outside crates
    - Personalities outside crates
    - Hairstyles outside crates
    - Mounts outside crates
    - Literally anything good outside crates
  • Cheveyo
    Cheveyo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuff that was in crates being sold for crowns.
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Class Change Token
    -Better hairstyles and cosmetics
    -Wizard robes
    -Combat pet skins
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    Voriplasm skeleton polymorph

Voriplasm skeleton guar mount

Waseek guar-lizard

Hackwing pet

Nix-Ox fabricant mount

Nix-hound fabricant pet

Brassilisk pet

A radiant apex guar mount, please!

Mudcrab shell armour motif style.

Shellback warguar.
    Molag's balls!
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A greyhound for a pet!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Craft bag as a permanent unlock. Everything else I can wait for or do without.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see guar mount, I must have guar mount ;-)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the crow assistants went on sale for half price
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tail bobbles and/or ribbons.

More character slots.

Missing Elsweyr chunk.

More open plot housing.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing. game has bad direction. new chapter looks dull with card game and sea theme

ima save my money for world of runeterra
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would buy an aetherial well, trial dummy, and all the mundus stones if they were like 1/2 or 1/4 of their current cost

way too expensive right now to even bother with

other wishlist: merchant assistant that can actually repair gear, banker assistant that actually let us use guild store
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on April 28, 2022 3:15PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014