The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Datamine] 2022 Chapter Details

Cactus_Back
Cactus_Back
✭✭✭✭
Today's patch updated ESO text files with some info on the upcoming High Isle chapter, the year-long Legacy of the Bretons storyline and what seems to be a new system this year - a strategy card game called "Tales of Tribute".

FKGY8KCWQAEvc__?format=png

FKGY-o9WYAYYsrJ?format=png
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this card game is not the "selling" point of chapter of 2022 like companions were Last year. :|
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebxt9NS.png

The mount and pet you can obtain by preordering today
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 27, 2022 11:19AM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If that's an actual chapter feature and a selling point... 3rd year in a row literally nothing, ty🤦

And we'll still buy it to get access to the trial or one new mythic. Great, just great. Can only hope it's some "free addition" and have nothing to do with actually chapter main feature.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mCJQPFS.png
    The banner image of High Isle
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 27, 2022 11:19AM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Cactus_Back
    Cactus_Back
    ✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    I hope this card game is not the "selling" point of chapter of 2022 like companions were Last year. :|

It looks like it is. Although I do hope I'm wrong as I'm not terribly excited about it either.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That card game sounds awesome!!!
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that's an actual chapter feature and a selling point... 3rd year in a row literally nothing, ty🤦

And we'll still buy it to get access to the trial or one new mythic. Great, just great. Can only hope it's some "free addition" and have nothing to do with actually chapter main feature.

Whilst it seem really out of the blue, the previous systems they have added like Antiquties ended up being pretty popular, even though people were really negative at first.

It could be really interesting new system which adds a new way to play the game, which is always important for bringing in new players and giving existing ones additional things to do.

I would add that the feature is the new marketable thing and the important gameplay changes tend to come from base game updates.

The features that mattered most to me (and I think to most people who play a lot) were the new champion system, the curated RNG system, and the armory. And those features were not advertised.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 27, 2022 12:25PM
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks very exciting. This one is intrigued by the ornaug and the card game sounds promising.

Hopefully there will be other items like dressy costumes or companions.
  • Tyrvarion
    Tyrvarion
    ✭✭✭
    The card game feels quite strange though I still think it's beter than Companions. I suppose it might work akin to Antiquities with cards being aviable through some (grindy/specific) activities in current, past and future content. I guess we will see later today - if it feels at least half as good as Gwent in Witcher then I am warming up to the idea. Perhaps they might find a way for it to have some use outside the cardgame itself, just like mythics and furniture and motifs did for the Antiquities. Can't say I expected new class but new weapon/combat guild skilline like Psijiic one would be certainly something they could do instead.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if it turns out... That Pacrooti is a master of the card game!
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if it turns out... That Pacrooti is a master of the card game!

In that case, the house always wins :D
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »

Whilst it seem really out of the blue, the previous systems they have added like Antiquties ended up being pretty popular, even though people were really negative at first.

It could be really interesting new system which adds a new way to play the game, which is always important for bringing in new players and giving existing ones an addition thing to do.

I would add that the feature is the new marketable thing and the important gameplay changes tend to come from base game updates.

The features that mattered most to me (and I think to most people who play a lot) were the new champion system, the curated RNG system, and the armory. And those features were not advertised.

Well it's not the minigame itself but an items locked behind it for the most part, more like we got new things gated behind a minigame which isn't really that popular by itself, I might be totally wrong and people might like it but I've not encountered much people who do throughout the years.

I'm mostly disappointed by the feature that yet again have no affect on existing gameplay, "unwind" thing would be more welcomed if I had something to wind up to in a first place so to say. I liked Legends myself and nothing against having in integrated in ESO, but as a chapter feature which is IMO is third year in a row giving literally nothing is kinda ... Disappointing yet again?

Would agree on base game updates being far more important and welcomed for older players or so called vets, still it doesn't sweeten the chapter itself in any way. Personally it's just a trial and possible new mythic behind a purchase, that's literally it.
  • Cloaked
    Cloaked
    Soul Shriven
    I'm actually quite excited about that card game. While I don't usually dabble in the genre much, the little contact I've had with this type of activity in other MMORPGs was quite fun and enjoyable.
    I'm still hoping for some mountable ships though, that'd be noice
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please dont let the card game not be another monetization hell...i dread the day they sell cardpacks with a 1% chance of a legendery 5 star card like every mobile game out there...
    and even if the cardgame is well done like gwent, im not really stoked if that is the selling point of the chapter...
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not wanting to put too much pressure on this card game, but doesn't the Elder Scrolls already have a card game, and the games do share some assets.

https://legends.bethesda.net/en

I wonder if they plan on sharing some of the gameplay features/ card design and assets between the games.

I see your Sotha SIl and raise you my Vivec
    55pkDyq.png
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 27, 2022 10:38AM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder will it be in anyway similar to TES:Legends? also it mentioned building decks, does that mean we can potentially find rare cards in other zones in addition to Antiquities?
  • Roukoru
    Roukoru
    ✭✭
    er... lol, yes? There are a _lot_ of (free) card games in play store(s). Yet another built-in into ESO? Thank you, I pass.
    置之死地而后生 (In the land of death -- fight!)
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder will it be in anyway similar to TES:Legends? also it mentioned building decks, does that mean we can potentially find rare cards in other zones in addition to Antiquities?

One can only hope it's locked only behind gameplay and not crown store purchases on top of that.
  • saar
    saar
    ✭✭✭
    Not wanting to put too much pressure on this card game, but doesn't the Elder Scrolls already have a card game, and the games do share some assets.

I wonder if they plan on sharing some of the gameplay features/ card design and assets between the games.

kznDks9.png

Aw, I wish they integrated this game instead of making a new one. Then maybe it will get out of maintenance mode..
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyped for the card game. I’m a sucker for stuff like that. Spent most of my time on FFXIV playing Triple Triad.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A card game?! We could have had a new skill, or a new class, or a new race... ZoS does never fail to disappoint. I hope the presentation proves me wrong. The last two chaters and their "signature addition" were bad enough.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap if they want to sell this card game as the main feature of the Chapter, goodbye.

ESO combat gameplay is so stale, it definitely needs SOMETHING.

But this would fall in line with their approach of giving us fluff features instead of actual stuff.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm card games with paws and claws?

Not so sure but of course this one will reserve her judgement until she has had chance to see it and see how it works and if there is loot involved in some way.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Holy crap if they want to sell this card game as the main feature of the Chapter, goodbye.

But this would fall in line with their approach of giving us fluff features instead of actual stuff.

Not everything has to be about combat, this sounds like an awesome addition.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    saar wrote: »

kznDks9.png

Aw, I wish they integrated this game instead of making a new one. Then maybe it will get out of maintenance mode..

Vivec + Almalexia were so OP in TES: Legends, One when exalted makes you incapable of losing while he was on the field, the other makes all exalted creatures including herself invulnerable, it's worse when you end up with the whole Tribunal on the field and you have an invincible Sotha Sil summoning an 8/8 Imperfect with guard after each turn.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Not everything has to be about combat, this sounds like an awesome addition.

Combat hasn’t gotten ANYTHING since Summerset in that regard. If you count a new class which is specific to those using the new class, we can say Elsweyr.

But Greymoor and Blackmoore had nothing related to that. Mythic items are just that and add nothing to combat, neither do companions. No new skill line in 5 years is just incredibly lame and boring.

Not everything has to be about combat feels like a slap in the face when ESO combat plays exactly the same for half a decade now.

This sounds like a nice addition next to something related to gameplay. What ESO definitely not needs is more fluff features as the main selling point.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 27, 2022 10:48AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • schoober
    schoober
    ✭✭✭
    I wanna see this new crate. I can't find anything worth of my endeavors yet
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really interested in things like card games as ''tavern activities'' but not really as a huge main feature thing
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xuhora wrote: »
    please dont let the card game not be another monetization hell...i dread the day they sell cardpacks with a 1% chance of a legendery 5 star card like every mobile game out there...
    and even if the cardgame is well done like gwent, im not really stoked if that is the selling point of the chapter...

ding ding ding ding ding!

mobile is the key word here methinks ;)
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For those disinterred, let me ask you something?

You do know ESO is lacking in the leisure activities department right? there is more to the game then combat and adding new features like this increases the games depth rather significantly, this adds more things to do.