Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How rare is it? Lost Thesis.

Pinja
Pinja
✭✭✭✭
tfB49Mu2502NTfw3hkSQBMM1RGffSDCfoEUhjaIV.jpeg
For those of you who know of this item, know of its power and unmeasured potential. For those of you who have never heard of it, behold the envy of the divines and the monument of all your suffering.

The poll question is simple.
Have you ever found a Lost thesis?
Pinja for Dual Wands.
Pinja's three server solutions:

How rare is it? Lost Thesis. 85 votes

Yes, I got it to drop.
4%
blistb16_ESORatarotoDeathgiggleCameraBeardThePirate 4 votes
No.
95%
aleksandr_ESOacastanza_ESOGlassHalfFullgameswithaspoonWhiteCoatSyndromeRitualSmokelonewolf26SmokedpyrotechHymzirredspecter23gamma71PersonofsecretsValarMorghulis1896quickblade418DojohodaXozCheepsNSalsaFischblutdouglasezfphobi 81 votes
Yes, but I bought it.
0%
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    my understanding of this is its basically aetherial cipher level rarity and only is dropped from BG

ive never even gotten an aetherial cipher, so i find it unlikely ill ever have one without buying it
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No, and since I gather the material needed to make the things is also super rare, I’m not going to lose sleep over it. I’ll stick with the base cake, because I can make as much of that as I care to run dailies for. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    been trying to get one for 7 months around 2k bg's and lots of leaderboard interaction but so far no luck and dont know anyone in BG community who has seen one.

I have been sitting with the prereq recipe just gathering dust, I really didnt realize how impossible it would be when I started it.
    I can understand me not getting one RNG etcetera but only one has been on the market this whole time in multiple daily checks, was thinking if i gave it a half a year lead I could get it in time for mayhem but shooting for next year.

I don't think there are more than 5 ish people on server with it unless they never make them to sell, where I see many more cyphers come to market. I think if ZoS posted yearly drop history the Thesis would be many times rarer in drop.

I have currently grinding Grand Overlord in BG's we will see if I hit it before seeing one I have around 2500 matches left. i will be asking groups more often and see if I can find a confirmed drop. best of luck to you! The one I did see sold for 50million
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Thought this was the upgrade that only can be bought with telvar
    Edited by gariondavey on March 16, 2022 11:17AM
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Thought this was the upgrade that only can be bought with telvar

That was for the middle-tier Molten War Torte, the “Chef Arquitius's Torte Dissertation”. The Lost Thesis is the next step up (White-gold War Torte).
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    From my perspective it is something that is um.. I would use the word :"unnecessary". I mean it boost your AvA allaiance skill progression, which is good, but by the time you will have it (since it is way too rare) - you will not need it anymore since you will have AvA maxed anyway...

The only usecase for that is probably trying to sell it to someone... but then again - who will buy it if nowadays we have PvP events ? I have grinded my AvA skill lines long before we had double AP & PvP events in eso. It did not take that long to max out skill lines. Max AW rank can take a while, but AvA skill lines ? Nowadays it is quite fast to grind, even without boosters.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 16, 2022 11:57AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    From my perspective it is something that is um.. I would use the word :"unnecessary". I mean it boost your AvA allaiance skill progression, which is good, but by the time you will have it (since it is way too rare) - you will not need it anymore since you will have AvA maxed anyway...

The only usecase for that is probably trying to sell it to someone... but then again - who will buy it if nowadays we have PvP events ? I have grinded my AvA skill lines long before we had double AP & PvP events in eso. It did not take that long to max out skill lines. Max AW rank can take a while, but AvA skill lines ? Nowadays it is quite fast to grind, even without boosters.

i think these were intended to help with alliance ranks more than the skill lines, it just so happens it affects both, and initially there was some confusion that made people think it only affected the skill lines

i agree though by the time you can even make the 3rd tier recipe, you might easily have a GO, so it would help your next toon if you wanted to pvp more, and the only one that is feasible to make in large quantities is the first one, as the ingredients for the other 2 are very expensive/rare
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on March 16, 2022 10:30PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Pinja wrote: »
    tfB49Mu2502NTfw3hkSQBMM1RGffSDCfoEUhjaIV.jpeg
    For those of you who know of this item, know of its power and unmeasured potential. For those of you who have never heard of it, behold the envy of the divines and the monument of all your suffering.

The poll question is simple.
    Have you ever found a Lost thesis?

The statistics so far (albeit with only 24 votes) is telling. ;)

No, I don't bother with super-duper-rare foods that cost a small fortune to produce. I am in no hurry to get neither skills nor ranks. :)
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    So if this is the base layer one, my GM found 3 in the last campaign
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    It's fairly normal rarity for recent stuff in ESO - in that it will never drop. You'll never win the lottery now, since you spent all your luck in getting that thing.

Tamriel Trade center lists none on sale for NA PC and one for EU PC for... 99 999 999 gold. Which is the maximum one can list something for, I think. Realistic price, given gold inflation in the game, would probably be lot more.

Sensible price would be maybe 10k max, since it really has little to no practical use. AP is shoveled in heaps and droves as is. So only the most ardent diehard completionists care about it at all. As for me... I actually forgot that it even exists.
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I've played literally 1000s of BGs and never got one
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    I've played 2000+ battlegrounds in the last 12 months and I've never seen this item drop.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 4, 2022 9:07PM
    PC NA
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Any known info from where it is dropping exactly?
    From the 20 hours bonus coffer? Doing Rivyns quest? Randomly in champion/participation mail?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Any known info from where it is dropping exactly?
    From the 20 hours bonus coffer? Doing Rivyns quest? Randomly in champion/participation mail?

i think its just randomly in the champion/participation mail (better chances in the one you get from first place wins)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    By the time you pull this, you likely have grand overlord on 18 toons anyway. It's just that rare.
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Been posting in BG guilds no one has seen it either, getting close to GO in BG's and have 300 of the battlegrounds memorabilia ive been saving just to see how many I can get before seeing a Thesis, this item is rarer than the Cipher I see those pop up so frequently at around 600k. we have people running matches 24/7 seems like someone would have seen one. I imagine a few of the yes to seeing one on this poll dont realize what exactly it is we are looking for
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Anyone who has seen one able to point me to a crafter? been stacking mats for a really long time thinking id get the recipe eventually but no luck
  • jsprague23
    jsprague23
    Soul Shriven
    I just got one if anyone is looking to buy - I'm not posting in trader as I don't want to lose a bunch of money and just have it sit. Looking for reasonable prices. One recently sold for 160 mil. @BigNnasty
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    i cant pay that much but I can do 50mill
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    jsprague23 wrote: »
    I just got one if anyone is looking to buy - I'm not posting in trader as I don't want to lose a bunch of money and just have it sit. Looking for reasonable prices. One recently sold for 160 mil. @BigNnasty

@Defending was asking around for one. Send them a whisper.
    PC NA
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin , why should a recipe be so rare someone wont sell it for less than 200million and the only alternative is crown store potions. seems a bit out of alignment with good gaming practices
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if you do get it good luck finding the Mourning Dew. In all my time harvesting in Cyrodiil I haven't found a single one. It could be the single most rare crafting component in the game.
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I got one in 500 nodes for a mourning dew, theres a farmer in game that someone how posts infinite of them one at a time. can just keep buying them from him i bought over 200 and he never stopped posting not sure how he can farm them he only logs on to post them. most have a team of farmers but i searched pretty hard on all pvp campaigns and never found anyone running nodes like that
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin , why should a recipe be so rare someone wont sell it for less than 200million and the only alternative is crown store potions. seems a bit out of alignment with good gaming practices

It's exactly because the only alternative is the crown store...

I spent a week before the last MYM farming Cyro nodes couple of hours each day for the Mourning Dews (because I figured I could give them to someone who has the thesis to craft me the drinks, since I had the other materials required) and no drops after all those hours for the required material either.
    Edited by Jaimeh on October 7, 2022 8:17AM
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I have been actively hunting a thesis for over 18months and frequently top 10 if not 1 on leaderboards and havent seen one or saw one drop for any of the competitive community that runs bg's consistently. this drop rate is obviously well below what it should be if not broken. I laughed hard when I saw a pve guy in bg's who was trying to get the recipe for completion, thinking it would happen in a few nights of pvp. they gave up quickly. after all the time I invested into getting the other recipe's I think they should let you you know its next to impossible to finish the line up. I have been able to grind or work my way up to buying any other rare item eventually but this one is a level of magnitude more difficult than I could have imagined
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I have a circle I run SE part of cyro and found the first recipe along with mourning dew, I havent ran enough to tell you drop rate estimate but i counted 500 nodes before the first one. I did make really good gold per hour with the recipe find and all the mats. and rarely ever ran into someone who wanted to fight. respawn rate is definitely different in cyro tho
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    I finally got a Recipe: Molten War Torte after roughly 5k battlegrounds played.

The Lost Thesis must have a mind-boggingly low drop rate.
    PC NA
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    I finally got a Recipe: Molten War Torte after roughly 5k battlegrounds played.

The Lost Thesis must have a mind-boggingly low drop rate.

Camera got one today too. Crazy how they both happened within a week from each other.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I got it to drop.
    Yes, I got a lost thesis drop yesterday. Sold it for a monumental chunk of gold. I play tons and tons of BGs - noticed it in my inventory after my unboxer addon went through a bunch of rewards containers.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Dont even know what the hell that is.