The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO PvP Update [Updated June 2022]

• McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Well, at the very least, please IMMEDIATELY fix the Battleground queues so that those of us who queue for RANDOM get RANDOM - that is 20% chance of each of the five modes, not 99.9% chance of Deathmatch because the queue is combined with the Deathmatch queues so 11 Randoms from the Random queue and 1 Deathmatch from the Deathmatch queue mean automatic Deathmatch.

That is supposed to be in tomorrow's patch so BGs will go back to desthmatch-but-with-flags, deathmatch-but-with-relics, and deathmatch-but-with-balls once more. As the deathmatch queue is being removed at the same time.

For console it won't be until end of the month. FYI.
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elo106 wrote: »
    I hope im wrong, I WISH im wrong but this post just reads like corporate damage control.

Server are and have been the issue for a long time, yet the client was prioritized?
    FPS issues could have been solved by lowering the graphics in big fights, servers we have no way to solve ourselves.
    And 2 years after the year of performance you are "starting work on it right now"

Starting to work on it now. It wont be done for atleast another year.

So we have an excuse for yet another year with zero PvP content.

Some other small scale pvp content like arenas or something to keep players happy was no option?
    Its the same excuse over and over again, no cyro content cause it could make lag worse, no other pvp content so we dont split the player base. Without content the player base keeps shrinking...

-> So you are basically "working on it" for another year. Dont expect any PvP content.

"FPS issues could have been solved by lowering the graphics in big fights, servers we have no way to solve ourselves."

No lowering the graphics settings did not fix the AWFUL performance (FPS) in PVP battles. I have a RTX 3080 now but at the time had a GTX 1080, I tried lowering all the settings to the lowest option, when I was in a large PVP battle getting ~25-30 FPS. Made zero difference. The game was EXTRMELY unoptimized in terms of taking advantage of multiple CPU cores/threads. The multithreaded rendering feature made a night and day difference. When I still had my GTX 1080 I went from PVP battles tanking the FPS to a locked 60 at max settings. It also improved performance everywhere else in the game.

Besides I doubt the same programmers that worked on optimizing the renderer of the client are the same people that would work on server-side code.
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »

He said that any changes will be at last quarter of the year so dont expect much of it.. Probably another year of false promises

I don't expect anything, I've played the game long enough to know that what we may want is rarely what we get.

However, as a paying client (which we all are) I do not consider regular updates unreasonable. Nor do I think that where there was the promise of special events and rule sets that it would be reasonable for us to actually have some idea as to when these things may happen.

However, once more a Zos statement is made and not followed up on, I'd like to say I'm surprised and disappointed but sadly it's about par for the course.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    S0Z0H wrote: »
    @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi Matt, Hi Gina,

Is it possible for you guys to give us a progress update? Monthly? Quarterly? Perhaps with or around the time of each DLC/Chapter release throughout the year?

Even if it isn't a lot to report. Continued communication on the project will really help a lot with community morale.

Also, is there now a targeted timeline for completion? You said this will take up much of 2022. Can we expect completion to go with any game updates in Q3/Q4?

Please, please, please, keep us informed! Even if the update is full of technical detail, stale, or of little progress, I promise you, it will go a long way.

Thank you!

I'm with you on this, please give us updates. This stuff is not boring to many of us. We are very interested in the technical aspect of things and would love updates.

A video update with devs involved would be great on a regular basis, and tell them to feel free to be as technical and complex in their jargon , if it makes it comfortable for them. Again, please do this! Many players actually have tech and code competency and would very much appreciate such updates. This would also be very helpful and encouraging to new players and long time players who want reasons to "stick around" and stay on ESO
    Repeating this plea from so very many of us.

I hope we get some information soon. A proper quarterly briefing would be welcome by many of us stakeholders. I can't persuade people to come back to ESO PvP without some information pertaining to actual goals and time-frames.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin any updates would be greatly appreciated
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The performance in Cyrodiil is far worse since the Update 33 launch, at least for me. It was literally a slideshow during big keep battles..... unlike anything I've ever experienced in my thousands of hours spent in the zone.

Looks like deleting achievement data had a negative effect on performance, at least from my experience.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was in Cyro last night. You know how when you are sieging you can feel a zerg arriving due to the change in lag, well instead of it being the usual 50+ player zerg, it was happening with as few as 15-20 players showing up to defend now.
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »
    Was in Cyro last night. You know how when you are sieging you can feel a zerg arriving due to the change in lag, well instead of it being the usual 50+ player zerg, it was happening with as few as 15-20 players showing up to defend now.

Ya the addition of players plus NPC guards and a collapsible castle walls, doors etcetera, it gets pretty bad.

Your machine your playing on may impact things , in terms how performance , cuz there's a lot of processing going on and last gen hardware can start chugging a long.

For me I use an Xbox one s, and when the zergs come, I notice the graphics start losing fidelity. Textures get all blurry and even parts of the castle start disappearing.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya the addition of players plus NPC guards and a collapsible castle walls, doors etcetera, it gets pretty bad.

Your machine your playing on may impact things , in terms how performance , cuz there's a lot of processing going on and last gen hardware can start chugging a long.

For me I use an Xbox one s, and when the zergs come, I notice the graphics start losing fidelity. Textures get all blurry and even parts of the castle start disappearing.

I was basically just comparing my experience from last Friday to last night, and the difference was pretty huge.
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭

I was basically just comparing my experience from last Friday to last night, and the difference was pretty huge.

Ya some of that performance dip is related to the new Ascending Tide dlc and exploring event . Tons of people are on
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see we have no further update or communications on this one @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_MattFiror et all.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    I see we have no further update or communications on this one @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_MattFiror et all.

We will get an update come next January, as has been the case for numerous years now.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame really... I was hoping this was the start of a course correct as far as the communication department goes. It was a really good first step.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering they don't see fit to even acknowledge most posts and give any status at all regarding 99% or more of the reported bugs and issues I'm surprised that you all are surprised that there has been nothing but radio silence for the past few months. You know how these big companies work. They are run and decisions are made by people who only care about the bottom line. Replying to posts on forums doesn't make the company money so it will always be super low priority if done at all.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmmm, I'm starting to have that: I've been duped by zos once again kind of feeling :'(
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    hmmmmm, I'm starting to have that: I've been duped by zos once again kind of feeling :'(

exactly this. Sadly not unexpected.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MattFiror

It's not about 3 months since your announcement. Don't you think an update is in order? Because what's left of the payer base does
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take a seat...
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We first noticed problems in the game once the Imperial city dropped. We all reported it but they did not fix it. Then, every time a dlc has dropped they install it over bad code. We’ve watched Zos do this for years which is why the same bugs always come back. We don’t care about the tiny bugs. We care about the entire game! I bet if you took eso offline for a month to completely redo it, your numbers after this would skyrocket.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa I assume you didn't see the ZOS announcement about recoding the infrastructure? It was unclear if they meant literally the whole game or only PVP specific parts but they said it would take a year. Meaning we probably can't expect much of any improvements until at least early 2023. That is the communication that people are referring to that happened about 3-months ago. People are just wanting an update since there has been no news since then. If ZOS simply said something like "Hey guys the recoding of the game is going well and we think we're about 25% done so we're still hopeful that many of the performance issues people have been reporting will be resolved in updates coming in Q1 or Q2 of 2023", then many people here asking for ANY update would probably be satisfied for now.

I remember seeing something official from a ZOS VIP about how they couldn't replace hardware/servers during COVID because of supply chain problems etc. and I've seen nothing about that either. We have no idea the state/age of the hardware and if/when they plan to replace/update things. And ZOS obviously doesn't have any plans of informing us about this either because they know if they do people will just complain about their decisions to NOT upgrade hardware. I've replaced all of my employers servers during COVID so I know what they said is complete krap.
    Edited by malistorr on April 8, 2022 6:32PM
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin do you know if there is an update regarding the performance issues or the special weekend rules etc? Would be very much appreciated ☺️
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    I remember seeing something official from a ZOS VIP about how they couldn't replace hardware/servers during COVID because of supply chain problems etc. and I've seen nothing about that either. We have no idea the state/age of the hardware and if/when they plan to replace/update things. And ZOS obviously doesn't have any plans of informing us about this either because they know if they do people will just complain about their decisions to NOT upgrade hardware. I've replaced all of my employers servers during COVID so I know what they said is complete krap.

They also stated during a live stream that the players wouldn't see any change in performance with the new servers.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    malistorr wrote: »

They also stated during a live stream that the players wouldn't see any change in performance with the new servers.

Yup, heard that one too. Which was a really odd statement, unless their plan is to replace what were fairly high end servers in 2012-14, with less and lower end servers in 2021 (2022 now, maybe 2023?). If you simply replaced the servers with like hardware that is 10 years newer, it would be impossible to not see a performance increase. So basically, instead of getting the game back up off it's knees, they are continuing to cheap out on investment in their flagship product.

So sad to see something that was and could be great again, get treated like this. I am starting to think they didn't think the game would last this long when they released it. That there would be other games players migrated too, and ESO would sunset peacefully or be sold to some company in Russia to take over and keep limping along forever like some other games before did.

Fast forward 10 years and to their surprise, the game in which they may have thought would be done, was still going strong and growing. But to keep it that way, major investments would need to be made, which brings them back to square one, if we make the investment now, will the game still last another 8-10 years? Should we spend the money, or are we just going to get a couple more years out of it and end up losing money in the deal? From a business perspective, I can see that being a quandary for them. Had they been making small re-investments and upgrades along the way, this wouldn't be an issue, but they didn't and are now looking at a huge chunk of change to fix it.

Then there is TES6 as well. So regardless of other MMO's putting a dent in ESO's long term viability, it is almost guaranteed TES6 will remove a very large number of players from here the day it drops.

Edited by Gaeliannas on April 10, 2022 9:11PM
  • peoplething
    peoplething
    ✭✭✭
    maybe they're just setting the bar low in case it works so we can be pleasantly surprised ?
  • magus.septim
    magus.septim
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_MattFiror , emperor passives are broken in all pvp campaigns for about a month now, since that series of botched maintenances a month ago. There's several forum posts about it. Just wanted to give you a heads up and ideally get some acknowledgment from ZOS on the issue. Thanks!
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Next update don't forget to delete stamsorc completly this Time.

You are in the right path to do as you Can see in duels and bgs in camparison with the other classes especially magicka.

Keep up the good work!

Sarcasm off 😅
  • Tiggledorf
    Tiggledorf
    Soul Shriven
    My insight as a new player who entered this game two months ago. I'm currently at 510 cp. BG could use another arena, where gear is limited to purple, no monster sets, or mythics, bviously no cp. Ever go into a <50 BG against those who have pvp leveling sets for their toons, when you're sporting whatever you've gotten since you're new to the game? Attracting new players to the pvp arena isn't done by chunking them to the meat grinder against people who revel in slicing up the competition in gold 5 pieces sets they exchange as they level up from base through bg and random dungeon farming. They turn from the names they know, to those they don't, plain as day. The no cp bg, cryodil and imperial city is ok, but still far from any level playing field for players who a relatively new to the game. Even something with standardized gear sets per class. Some place where you know when you enter, everyone is on a level playing field equipment wise, and where you can watch and learn from those who actually play better. I still play a lot of pvp, get kills (or killed) and enjoy it. I just see a lot of frustration from those in the low cps, or those who are leveling up new toons and are looking to enjoy this game in all its aspects. Whom decide to leave, because they don't want to compete against those with resource pools since the game's conception. Keep the current ones, add another with presents where newer players can convene and at least know it's equal and only about the skill.
  • Tiggledorf
    Tiggledorf
    Soul Shriven
    Ah, and where they remove addons as well. And yes, teamwork is still required.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It really sad to see the population go out of PvP (on EU cant say for NA), I've been playing since IC dropped and ive given up on Cyro....you cant play against anyone amymore, nothing goes off. -sad noises-
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An update of sorts from Rich Lambert's recent interview here:https://wccftech.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-high-isle-preview-qa-fsr-1-0-support-card-game-and-much-more/

Q: Okay. Matt also talked about PvP additions being delayed until the server restructure is completed. How is that going? Can you provide an update on this ongoing process?

A: "We're still working on it. As I said a little bit earlier, it is very, very slow because it requires a lot of, you know, rewriting and reworking of a lot of backend things, but the team's working on it, and hopefully in the near-ish future, we'll be able to talk a little bit more about that and what the plans are."