Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Sales of Timbercrow costume tanked after ZOS sold it in crown store, need replacement IC reward item

• Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never seen the Timbercrow costume in the store or in the monthly preview. And even I who ventures into IC during events only managed to collect enough merits to buy it, diapers included.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And even I who ventures into IC during events only managed to collect enough merits to buy it, diapers included.

Yep. The sale price of it dropped for the same reason the sale price of every "rare item" eventually drops - increasing supply and decreasing demand.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    People!

Whether the costume was in crown store before or not is essentially beside the point. It seems like people just want to argue.

The main point is that the main incentive to go to IC is no longer there. They should give us something new and shiny to buy with our daily rewards. (something we can sell in the crown store for significant bank)
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People!

Whether the costume was in crown store before or not is essentially beside the point. It seems like people just want to argue.

The main point is that the main incentive to go to IC is no longer there. They should give us something new and shiny to buy with our daily rewards. (something we can sell in the crown store for significant bank)

If it’s besides the point, I would suggest removing it from the title of the post. It currently takes up over a third of the title, which suggests it is a significant part of the motivation for the discussion. If your point still stands without that claim, then leaving it there is only likely to draw more rebuttals on that point rather than discussion on what you now say your main point is.
  • Jeffrey530
    Jeffrey530
    ✭✭✭✭
    People!

Just look at how many times in your original post you blamed zos for putting a non-existing costume in the crown store that hurts people's in game income.

ZOS putting this item in the crown store pulled the rug out from those of us that were using this costume as a primary source of income in game. When ZOS sold it in the crown store they very slightly recolored it and renamed it, but it was the same thing. So nobody is buying our hard earned costumes now and we have no incentive to go to IC to do the daily.

Please ZOS, please let us buy something else with our daily IC rewards that we can sell again. Putting that costume in the crown store really hurt a lot of peoples in game income.

And it isn't besides the point because you have given everyone false information and demanded changes based on your lie. Even after being called out, you just shifted the goalpost instead of admitting to your mistake.

edit: grammar
    Edited by Jeffrey530 on December 14, 2021 4:51PM
  • LightningWitch
    LightningWitch
    ✭✭✭
    My point was there is no reason to go to IC now.
    I see this as a personal issue, nothing that's related to the game or the Crown store.

If your entire purpose of going to IC is to make gold, in an economic system which is laughably easy to earn it, then I suggest taking a breather and reorganizing your priorities.

The *only* people buying this set are those who want a completed system and didn't want to do IC.

I hardly doubt you were rolling in coin.

• KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People!

I recommend that you ask this thread to be closed, and then create a new one with your suggestion. The whole argument here is based on erroneous information, and most of the replies you'll get will be about that.

What you're asking for, though, isn't something that will likely happen. You want something that is easy and fast to farm, and at the same time would sell for a lot of gold. That goes against how the market operates in ESO - easy and fast to farm items will be abundant and will flood the market, bringing prices down (just like what happened to the costume).
    The only things that kind of fit the bill are the items that are specific to events (skins, recipes, pets, mementos etc), and those will only reach a high price a couple of days around the events in which they drop.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People!

You made it the title of your thread, and repeated it over & over for the first page. Seems like it's entirely the point.
    (something we can sell in the crown store for significant bank)

And that's the other thing. I don't think the devs have any such obligation, to provide "rare rewards that can be sold for significant bank". The uber-entrepeneur/trader types can enjoy looking for their next profit opportunity, but the devs don't have an obligation to provide it and prop up their profits. There's no "guaranteed income" in the trading game.

(I also think you mean the guild traders, not the crown store.)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on December 14, 2021 5:57PM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price has dropped because it has been out for a while and it has yet to be fixed. Bugged and ugly. And it has no counterpart.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Farm Tel Var stones,buy Rubyblossom extract,sell for 800k+.Bum money.
    Best part you can farm how long you want and make it much quicker than in 50 days.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People!

It being in the crown store was a huge part of your post. I don't think people are arguing by pointing out it was wrong. I recommend removing all references or new people who enter the thread and read your post may post the same thing.

Anyway, the Timbercrow outfit is still competitive in pricing with other daily quest rewards, so no, it is still worth selling. You're not facing some big opportunity cost by selling it.
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like there are 100 of them listed on PC/NA from 800k to 2M. Avg around 1M

So the problem is the market is saturated. It not like you need more than one, if that.