Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Sales of Timbercrow costume tanked after ZOS sold it in crown store, need replacement IC reward item

• jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's simple: While I'd like it, frankly, I won't go to Imperial City until I can keep my Tel Var stones, but I also won't buy a cosmetic for millions of gold. There are too many things to spend gold, crowns AND indeed Tel Var on, including things that are actually useful. When am I ever going to actually use the Timbercrow costume anyway?

As far as Tel Var expenses go, I'm still saving up for the utterly absurd price of the 500k second tier war torte recipe - which I have to get TWICE because you need it as a component for the third tier war torte recipe, as well as for learning the second tier recipe - this despite the fact that I don't even have the first-tier war torte which APPARENTLY comes from harvesting nodes in Cyrodiil...

And I don't even HAVE millions of gold to spend anyway. You want me to spend my gold on something, it's got to be a throwaway amount of gold, for an item which is "cosmetic", and therefore belongs in the throwaway tier.
    Edited by jle30303 on December 13, 2021 6:06PM
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect people just realised you could literally zone in, stand on the platform and drop a few mobs to get your merit. Without ever having to get off the platform. You could literally do it while you went AFK to make a coffee. I know that's how I did it....

Plus they probably realised that it looks god awful and isn't really worth much more trouble then that. I mean, we've had multiple posts on this forum complaining about it, and theyve never adjusted it...
    Edited by Larcomar on December 13, 2021 6:08PM
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by AJones43865 on December 13, 2021 6:19PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all the people trying to claim the item was never sold in the crown store, it was. Here is a link to the item and when it was sold in the crown store.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-icon-costume-Doeskin-and-Chamois_Woods_Wear.png

It was called the "Doeskin and Chamois Woods Wear" costume when sold in crown store.

@AJones43865 looks like that costume was in store in 2016......before the timbercrow was ever out and thus having exactly zero impact on recent timbercrow sales.....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    Sieppaa2.PNG
    These are not the same costume..... Timbercrow has never been at the crown store.
    EU/PC trading guilds:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root
    Twist it Sis - Stormhaven - Wayrest
    To join, contact ingame @Balastar

Manager of Crown Network Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    For all the people trying to claim the item was never sold in the crown store, it was. Here is a link to the item and when it was sold in the crown store.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-icon-costume-Doeskin-and-Chamois_Woods_Wear.png

It was called the "Doeskin and Chamois Woods Wear" costume when sold in crown store.

@AJones43865 looks like that costume was in store in 2016......before the timbercrow was ever out and thus having exactly zero impact on recent timbercrow sales.....

Yeah, it was the fancier version of the Graht-Climber's Activewear, which I think is still in the crown store.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/graht-climbers-active-wear/
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/doeskin-and-chamois-woods-wear/

Neither of which look anything like Timbercrow
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/timbercrow-wanderer/
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kiralyn2000 my fat male orc w the moss man looking skin and the grahtclimbers dyed pink is a sight to be seen
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, someone already posted a comparison!

Yeah, not really seeing the same costume either.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 13, 2021 6:34PM
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or people realized how truly ugly it is, and isn't worth 2 million
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you can get one in 5 visits to IC, its not hard work.

You just need to do all 6 quests on four days and 1 on day 5. Hand all the quests in and you have 50 boxes if you do this during the IC event that gives double boxes. Then just open them one box a day (20 hours apart) and voila, enough Seige of Cyrodiil merits.

People try to make out getting the Timbercrow is a lot harder than it actually is
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This suggestion doesn't improve the game.

Giving people reasons to play in dead zones does not improve the game?

This is what I took away from the original post:

"ZOS putting this item in the crown store pulled the rug out from those of us that were using this costume as a primary source of income in game."
    PCNA
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @AJones43865 Will you provide proof that the costume was in the crown store or yours are just words?

Because every single one of us is telling you the costume nor a renamed one were ever available in the crown store.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This items was never in the Crown Store.

My guess is that you're confusing it with some other skimpy costume that has a similar color scheme but doesn't look the same, as others have linked. It's also possible that this outfit was sold sometime after an Imperial City Event.

I say this because I now have the Timbercrow Costume after so many of those events while barely ever stepping foot into IC outside of them and NOT opening them one by one in my inventory. There has just been so many IC events now that even those of us who do very little IC have been able to farm our own.

Since it's not shiny and new and many people have it now, of course the demand has went down. And as demand goes down, so too does price.

An IC daily only takes about as doing the various daily crafting writs twice. Which would net you about 10k. 10k * 50 = 500k. Which means yes it is still worth your time at 500k as you won't find a better daily price. Heck, the various style materials are also less profitable than that. Let's take a look at Culanda, which takes about as long to do. That's 3700 according to TTC. Which amounts to 185,000 for 50 of them.

Which means that you're doing better than style materials and on par with writs at 500,000k. So no, you don't need to make a 1 mil to make it worth your time. As some of the alternative quests you can be doing, you'd be making on par at worse or making less.

• gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been selling these for a while. Prices on pcna have been around 1m for months. The last 3-4 I've sold from doing my dailies. I believe you have your timeline wrong.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd say Chitinous greaves probably hurt it more then any costume.

Like a lot of people I ended the last IC event with like 50 days of loot boxes piled up.

Really problem with the IC dailies is they need to keep adding new cool stuff to buy with them. The style pages kept the price of the similar tokens you earn from Cyrodiil dailies up. Adding something like that to buy with IC tokens would be a good idea.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the price is fluctuating since the people that have it already have it, and the population that want it has dropped too low and are not willing to shell out that much gold for what is 2/3rds the value of a notable home.
    Edited by Vevvev on December 13, 2021 8:08PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now the costume usually doesn't sell even if priced at 1 million gold. (for 50 days of quest completions)

50 days for 1 million?

too little for too long, right now in ESO the economy is broken and they don't seem to care, 1 million is nothing.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was never on crown store.
    Please feel free to point out what costume you mean is a ''recolored version'' of the Timbercrow.
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/appearance/costume/

I was going to suggest the same, until I saw your post. If it was in the crowns store, even under a different name, it will be in MMO Fashion under that other name.

Now I see your follow-up post, quoted below.
    Balastar wrote: »
    Sieppaa2.PNG
    These are not the same costume..... Timbercrow has never been at the crown store.

And you are correct. They are not the same. It is not a recolored version of Timbercrow but a unique design altogether. A completely different pattern.
    Edited by Amottica on December 13, 2021 9:58PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sieppaa2.PNG

Not even remotely the same! I believe the costume on the right was around first and is MUCH superior! I wouldn’t wear the Timbercrow baboon-bottom costume if you gave it to me for free!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sieppaa2.PNG

Not even remotely the same! I believe the costume on the right was around first and is MUCH superior! I wouldn’t wear the Timbercrow baboon-bottom costume if you gave it to me for free!

Correct, both Bosmer tree climber outfits (noble and bland) came out loooooooong before the Timbercrow Wanderer outfit. I was there on the day they first entered the crown store so I know.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    My point was there is no reason to go to IC now.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]

IC sets (some of them cost a lot)? Hakejo runes? Tel vars and merits that can be later utilized if zos add some new stuff?
    Edited by Harvokaan on December 13, 2021 10:22PM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps it is going for less gold now because that diaper is absolutely ridiculous.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a shame that such a nice little costume remains unfixed with the undies/diaper glitch after all this time. Especially considering how hard (or expensive) it was to get.

Yup, the main reason I haven't even bothered to try to get one.
    It would be perfect for one of my characters and I've seen some ppl do a fair job with dying to kinda match the skin tone.
    But, I still can't unsee granny panties >.<
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a game with as many performance issues as this, I can't take complaints like this seriously.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah no they didn't sell the same costume, and if you are mixing it with the Bosmer one, that one was created and released years ago, its a Bosmer outfit not a reachfolk one. So no I doubt that tanked the price on it.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I figured that sales dropped on the Timber outfit because of the butt color issue... or was that fixed?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, not fixed....
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not aware it was in crownstore, also fiind no references with google.
    What I observed (I sold some myself) was the usual mechanism of offer and demand.
    Especially the events with double drops of siegemaster reward boxes led to a higher amount of offers in guildstores and zonechat, and you could observe very well how people were underbidding each other.

And: even 500k is a fair price.
    It means 10k per day, and a IC quest like Arena district takes 5-10 minutes.
    10k for 10 minutes is better than a reward like Culanda Laquer or Shimmering sand from dailies.

Exactly. When ZOS put the item in the crown store, almost everyone who wanted it bought it rather than grind for it. Now they don't sell, and most people who want one already have one. So even at 500k gold, they still don't sell. And, ZOS has not put any other items in the IC vendor that would replace the incentive to do the daily in IC.

It was never in the crown store though! The only reason people do not want it is because they are turned off by that diaper. That is why sales went down.
    This, now it works well enough for an Bosmer, Nord or Breton who have skin tones matching the underwear, If you use a skin or are say an Dunmer or Redguard it looks like you wearing an diaper.
    Now on a Khajiit it looks like you shaved your but, think a baboon.

In short it was an marked for it but race locked unless into weird stuff like diapers.
    All expensive items fall in price unless seasonal and the more expensive who faster the price drops.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Nope, not fixed....

And it’s sad, because they have altered costumes they sold in the crown store after customer complaints. I guess because there’s no money involved with this one, they will continue to turn a deaf ear to the dissatisfaction of the players.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been selling these rune boxes for probably close to 2 years now, and I would say the reason the price has dropped is that there's less demand - but I don't think it has anything to do with the Clown store.. In the beginning they were rare because players couldn't be bothered spending 50 days earning the merits. As time goes on, other players go hey, I could earn that too, so they go out and farm. So you end up with more and more on the market and/orr less of a demand.
    I sold my firat foe I think 1.7mill. I sold my most recent one for I think 600k, might have been 650k, and I'll have another to list within a week, at probably an even lower price. Yes it's lamentable that the price has dropped but it's pure economics.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER