Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Sales of Timbercrow costume tanked after ZOS sold it in crown store, need replacement IC reward item

AJones43865
AJones43865
✭✭✭✭
I know I'm not the only one that was doing the IC daily religiously to farm those crates and buy the Timbercrow costume to resale it. It was selling at nearly 2 million gold. Now the costume usually doesn't sell even if priced at 1 million gold. (for 50 days of quest completions)

ZOS putting this item in the crown store pulled the rug out from those of us that were using this costume as a primary source of income in game. When ZOS sold it in the crown store they very slightly recolored it and renamed it, but it was the same thing. So nobody is buying our hard earned costumes now and we have no incentive to go to IC to do the daily.

Please ZOS, please let us buy something else with our daily IC rewards that we can sell again. Putting that costume in the crown store really hurt a lot of peoples in game income. We need a replacement item we can buy with our rewards that we can sell in guild stored for 1.5 million gold once we've collected the 50 reward boxes over 50 days. I'm not asking for a gimme here, we are talking about a minimum of 50 days to get the rewards I'm talking about.

As it is now 50 days of boxes is practically worthless, and it's because ZOS put that costume in the crown store.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When was that? I have no recollection of it being in the crown store.

PC NA
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

About 8 months ago or so they put a recolored version in the crown store. The impact on guild store sales of the item instantly stopped. Reliable sales at 2 million gold stopped, and now we usually don't sell them at 1 million and have to relist them. As it takes 50 days minimum to get this reward, selling the item for less than 1 million means time is better spent on other activities and not going to IC.
    Edited by AJones43865 on December 13, 2021 12:49PM
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Timbercrow Wanderer costume was never in the crown store.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

It was. They renamed it and slightly recolored it. It was only available for a limited time though. You know, how they usually do things to promote sales in the crown store.
    Edited by AJones43865 on December 13, 2021 12:52PM
  • Gummybear803
    Gummybear803
    ✭✭
    Times change. Prices drop, find something else to do or farm for. You said it yourself "time is better spent on other activities and not going to IC." So...do that? It sucks sure, you got that gold while the gettin was good, find the next big one and sell that.
  • Succuby
    Succuby
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'm not the only one that was doing the IC daily religiously to farm those crates and buy the Timbercrow costume to resale it. It was selling at nearly 2 million gold. Now the costume usually doesn't sell even if priced at 1 million gold. (for 50 days of quest completions)

ZOS putting this item in the crown store pulled the rug out from those of us that were using this costume as a primary source of income in game. When ZOS sold it in the crown store they very slightly recolored it and renamed it, but it was the same thing. So nobody is buying our hard earned costumes now and we have no incentive to go to IC to do the daily.

Please ZOS, please let us buy something else with our daily IC rewards that we can sell again. Putting that costume in the crown store really hurt a lot of peoples in game income. We need a replacement item we can buy with our rewards that we can sell in guild stored for 1.5 million gold once we've collected the 50 reward boxes over 50 days. I'm not asking for a gimme here, we are talking about a minimum of 50 days to get the rewards I'm talking about.

As it is now 50 days of boxes is practically worthless, and it's because ZOS put that costume in the crown store.

The same was with vCR skin.

If more rewards for dunguans and pvp would be added it will not be a problem i think !

I want to make at least same farm on vDunguans as on resources !

A lot of content is useless, we have daylyes, better we have something we like to do and farm on it.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was. They renamed it and slightly recolored it. It was only available for a limited time though. You know, how they usually do things to promote sales in the crown store.

So if not still available, how can it be affecting guild store sales?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a shame that such a nice little costume remains unfixed with the undies/diaper glitch after all this time. Especially considering how hard (or expensive) it was to get.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 500k on PS EU, and has been for a long time.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not aware it was in crownstore, also fiind no references with google.
    What I observed (I sold some myself) was the usual mechanism of offer and demand.
    Especially the events with double drops of siegemaster reward boxes led to a higher amount of offers in guildstores and zonechat, and you could observe very well how people were underbidding each other.

And: even 500k is a fair price.
    It means 10k per day, and a IC quest like Arena district takes 5-10 minutes.
    10k for 10 minutes is better than a reward like Culanda Laquer or Shimmering sand from dailies.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on December 13, 2021 1:07PM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was never on crown store.
    Please feel free to point out what costume you mean is a ''recolored version'' of the Timbercrow.
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/appearance/costume/
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Renamed and recolored is not the same item. Several mounts are reskined and still different mounts.

Still, can you post a picture of the renamed and recolored costume? I don't even remember ZOS putting a renamed and recolored one.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasnt never in crown store, not even rename, recolored version. The high price of this costume was cause it was new and some people were reselling by buying cheaper and selling higher (including me).

Stop confuse people with fake info
    Edited by DarkPicture on December 13, 2021 1:08PM
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty on it when it comes to new costumes. This costume has never been sold in the crown store in a recolored/renamed state.

PvP items always go down in prices as time goes by. This applies to both motifs and costumes. It's all about supply and demand. I agree that IC should have new rewards, but the foundation of your argument is based on a costume that I doubt even exists.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    As another poster said, we had multiple events in a row requiring IC dailies for tickets. People realized how easy it was to get a merit in 15 minutes, and farmed it themselves. The market for the costume isn't everyone, and as time goes by exclusivity drops anyway. The newest phone might sell like crazy, but 2 years later and the people who want it, have it and aren't buying another. The people who want it & waited now can buy for a much cheaper 500k on xbna. So it goes.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember it was on sale on the CS but prices do drop because everyone just need one for their entire account and demand drops significantly over time. Not to mention it's easy as heck to farm it on your own and also it's ugly [snip].

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 13, 2021 6:35PM
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    50 days of boxes is an exercise in patience but not in challenge or time investment.

As the fellow player above points out the outfit is not necessarily flattering either and the nappy is just the last nail in the coffin.

Everyone is free to value their own time as they see fit but the item itself is just not that valuable.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on December 13, 2021 1:22PM
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    say hello to the dungeon-hm--stylepage-farmer :)
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now the costume usually doesn't sell even if priced at 1 million gold. (for 50 days of quest completions)

You do not have to complete quests for 50 days. There are 6 dailies available, and the first coffer is guaranteed to drop a merit. 10 days of dailies will yield 60 coffers and if you only open one per day, you're guaranteed to get one merit every day.

Yes, it will take 50 days to get the costume, but 40 of those days only require you to open a coffer.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

About 8 months ago or so they put a recolored version in the crown store. The impact on guild store sales of the item instantly stopped. Reliable sales at 2 million gold stopped, and now we usually don't sell them at 1 million and have to relist them. As it takes 50 days minimum to get this reward, selling the item for less than 1 million means time is better spent on other activities and not going to IC.

This simply isn't true. Show us evidence of this crown store version please. Otherwise we might as well lock this thread since you're upset about an imaginary crown store item.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall a similar item sold in the store, when was this? I sold one some time ago for around 1 mil, so prices at least then were still high for it.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine prices of something dropping as demand drops and more of a product gradually becomes more and more prevalent.....also, please show me where this was in the crown store..
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    My point was there is no reason to go to IC now.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 13, 2021 6:38PM
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I observed (I sold some myself) was the usual mechanism of offer and demand.
    Especially the events with double drops of siegemaster reward boxes led to a higher amount of offers in guildstores and zonechat, and you could observe very well how people were underbidding each other.

10k for 10 minutes is better than a reward like Culanda Laquer or Shimmering sand from dailies.

Exactly. When ZOS put the item in the crown store, almost everyone who wanted it bought it rather than grind for it. Now they don't sell, and most people who want one already have one. So even at 500k gold, they still don't sell. And, ZOS has not put any other items in the IC vendor that would replace the incentive to do the daily in IC.
    Edited by AJones43865 on December 13, 2021 5:54PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a shame that such a nice little costume remains unfixed with the undies/diaper glitch after all this time. Especially considering how hard (or expensive) it was to get.

Yeah, the diaper ignores all laws of physics and appears glued on, or worse, like a shaved butt on Khajiits. I can't even remember the last time I saw anyone wearing the costume.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

This suggestion doesn't improve the game.
    [edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 13, 2021 6:38PM
    PCNA
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wasnt never in crown store, not even rename, recolored version. The high price of this costume was cause it was new and some people were reselling by buying cheaper and selling higher (including me).

Stop confuse people with fake info

A version of the Timbercrow costume absolutely did appear in the crown store for a short time. If you didn't log in for a week, you could have missed it. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 14, 2021 12:06PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AJones43865 when was it in crown store? I am struggling to find anything close to it in the store..also, there are still the new monster hats, mythic leads etc that give some people a bit of incentive to go to IC....I agree that most people need more reasons to go to ic but also understand that they do make ic additions fairly consistently (added flags, alchemy bags, dailies, costume , gold jewelry, monster sets , mythics etc) I feel most of the response you are getting on here is due to the complaint you made and crown store claims.
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly. When ZOS put the item in the crown store, almost everyone who wanted it bought it rather than grind for it. Now they don't sell, and most people who want one already have one. So even at 500k gold, they still don't sell. And, ZOS has not put any other items in the IC vendor that would replace the incentive to do the daily in IC.

It was never in the crown store though! The only reason people do not want it is because they are turned off by that diaper. That is why sales went down.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭

But it's clear people would rather troll other forum posters than support a constructive suggestion to improve the game.

This suggestion doesn't improve the game.

Giving people reasons to play in dead zones does not improve the game?